SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #25 ***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But TM claimed she too committed adultery (cf. mention of prior boyfriend). Whether she did or not who knows. Wouldn't that kind of cancel it out, legally?

BBM: You'd think so, surely! And in my opinion, cheating is cheating, online or offline! Numerous folks out there have started relationships online and ended up meeting in person. Some even go on to marry and have children. I know of several myself. So IF SM wanted to leave TM for Heather and had proof TM was heavily involved with someone online he would be entitled to a heck of alot more than the shirt on his back. JMOO

Edited to fix the quote!:facepalm:

Forgive me if this has been discussed, but were the IE charges not made until the search warrents were issued on the Ms?

Are they open 24 hours a day? Do you know if they have cameras?

I posted a ridiculously detailed description of Horry County's Recycling Centers. I'll see if I can find it. Can I search my own posts?

No, not open 24 hours. All under video surveillance with an attendant on sight.

I think the woman who reported HE's car at PTL exaggerated when she said "a week" to get an officer out there sooner. She had no idea what this case would turn into.

sbm

nope. she certainly didn't.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Maybe TM reported the car had been there a week to deflect them from looking at her and SM.

or, if tm, did she want to be fully aware of details....?? be in the loop, pulling strings....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I posted a ridiculously detailed description of Horry County's Recycling Centers. I'll see if I can find it. Can I search my own posts?

JMO, I hope they are searching the landfill. I thought of riding down Hwy 90 to see if any police presence

If you are posting just to tell others what to think, how to think, how to speculate, or put facts together, then DON'T POST.

The case has gone through several threads without bickering and poking and it is going to continue to do so, even if some posters end up losing posting privileges to make sure that happens.

If you don't want to discuss, that's fine, move along.

Salem

I'm bumping this. We are not doing any public perception polls in this thread. If that is info that is needed, someone can open a poll thread.

Do NOT post in an attempt to derail the thread and take it off track.

Salem

I guess I should clarify my post. If the IE charges dated back to around Dec. 17 and they just not had arrest warrents for them, to me that seems like a media thing. They exposed themselved through a phone or computer or on a camera somewhere that was found out. I was thinking the whold time that someone saw them do something but that would not have made sense or they would have been charged right away. I'm sure this has been discussed, I just feel like a light bulb when on over my head haha!!! Could someone tell me though if this sounds right?

Forgive me if this has been discussed, but were the IE charges not made until the search warrents were issued on the Ms?
IIRC SM and TM were arrested on the IE and Kidnapping charges BEFORE the search warrants were issued.

Regarding the ever-present question: Where is Heather?

A few things continue to niggle at the back of my mind. I have refrained from posting because I keep thinking, "it's nothing." But I keep coming back to them, so I'm going to share them.

The obvious place to get rid of HE is to put her in the river at PTL. We all know it's possible for a body to remain missing for many months or even years in that kind of habitat. But I think SM and TM were afraid her body might be found there. They needed to find a place where no one would even think to look. The entire region offers up a lot of possibilities -- rivers, ponds, lakes and swamps are everywhere.

But where do you go if you want to make absolutely sure no one sees you?

The Ms live on a dead-end street. Across the street: a power station and farm fields. Only one neighbor has to drive by the M house to get to their own driveway, and there are trees separating the two houses. Essentially they live in a fairly secluded location away from prying eyes.

In looking on Google Earth, it's clear the rather large farm across the street has lots of fields and several ponds. And, of course, there are large tracts of woods behind their house, most likely with foot trails and ATV paths. In fact, a jaunt through the woods eventually leads you to the river, and Old Womans Lake. All are good places to dispose of evidence or a body. And not a single soul around to see you.

We live in a remote section of Vermont, we are surrounded by forest and the locals here all have their favorite places to hunt, ride ATVs and snowmobiles, ride horses, and hike. People who live here think nothing of going into the deep forest, we don't need roads for travel. I suspect many people in the Myrtle Beach area are like-minded. And we've seen photos of SM dressed like he was going hunting. If he is a hunter, those woods behind his house would not be intimidating in the least. He may even have his own paths set back there going to his favorite places to hunt.

On to a different theory...

This picture bothers me:

article-2566605-1BB89B8D00000578-66_634x409.jpg

This yard seems "overly landscaped" to me, just so much stuff crammed into a small space. Are they hiding something in and amongst and even beneath that landscaping? I know news articles have said police dogs did not hit on anything, but could personal items or a body be buried inside something that would prevent dogs from hitting on a scent? Also, what's with the dead palm trees and the fresh mulch? Did they do some digging that damaged the root systems of the trees, and then cover their digging with mulch? Maybe they put one piece of evidence here, one piece there, and yet another over there... They don't have neighbors across the street, so no one would see them digging, even if they did it in the daytime. If they were hiding evidence, they could just act like they were sprucing up the yard a bit if someone asked.

Keeping my theories "close to home":

Another thing that keeps niggling at me is the fact that they designed/built their house. Could there be rooms in the house that no one knows about? I don't think I read anything about police dogs being brought into the house, but we've seen photos of police dogs at their house on the day the search warrants were executed, so they probably did bring them inside. Are there ways to ensure a dog wouldn't find evidence of personal items or a body in a hidden room?

Somewhat related to that theory, at least one news story said that the search warrants only applied to the M's house, not her dad's house, which is on the same piece of property. I imagine that TM and SM can go into his house any time they want, and would be able to do so without him knowing. Could they have hidden evidence in his house and he simply has no idea they did that?

I know, I've tossed out a lot of thoughts for consideration. But I feel better for getting them out of my system! :moo:

If you are posting just to tell others what to think, how to think, how to speculate, or put facts together, then DON'T POST.

The case has gone through several threads without bickering and poking and it is going to continue to do so, even if some posters end up losing posting privileges to make sure that happens.

If you don't want to discuss, that's fine, move along.

Salem

Thank you so much !!!

A few things continue to niggle at the back of my mind. I have refrained from posting because I keep thinking, "it's nothing." But I keep coming back to them, so I'm going to share them.

The obvious place to get rid of HE is to put her in the river at PTL. We all know it's possible for a body to remain missing for many months or even years in that kind of habitat. But I think SM and TM were afraid her body might be found there. They needed to find a place where no one would even think to look. The entire region offers up a lot of possibilities -- rivers, ponds, lakes and swamps are everywhere.

The Ms live on a dead-end street. Across the street: a power station and farm fields. Only one neighbor has to drive by the M house to get to their own driveway, and there are trees separating the two houses. Essentially they live in a fairly secluded location away from prying eyes.

In looking on Google Earth, it's clear the rather large farm across the street has lots of fields and several ponds. And, of course, there are large tracts of woods behind their house, most likely with foot trails and ATV paths. In fact, a jaunt through the woods eventually leads you to the river, and Old Womans Lake. All are good places to dispose of evidence or a body. And not a single soul around to see you.

We live in a remote section of Vermont, we are surrounded by forest and the locals here all have their favorite places to hunt, ride ATVs and snowmobiles, ride horses, and hike. People who live here think nothing of going into the deep forest, we don't need roads for travel. I suspect many people in the Myrtle Beach area are like-minded. And we've seen photos of SM dressed like he was going hunting. If he is a hunter, those woods behind his house would not be intimidating in the least. He may even have his own paths set back there going to his favorite places to hunt.

This picture bothers me:

This yard seems "overly landscaped" to me, just so much stuff crammed into a small space. Are they hiding something in and amongst and even beneath that landscaping? I know news articles have said police dogs did not hit on anything, but could personal items or a body be buried inside something that would prevent dogs from hitting on a scent? Also, what's with the dead palm trees and the fresh mulch? Did they do some digging that damaged the root systems of the trees, and then cover their digging with mulch? Maybe they put one piece of evidence here, one piece there, and yet another over there... They don't have neighbors across the street, so no one would see them digging, even if they did it in the daytime. If they were hiding evidence, they could just act like they were sprucing up the yard a bit if someone asked.

Another thing that keeps niggling at me is the fact that they designed/built their house. Could there be rooms in the house that no one knows about? I don't think I read anything about police dogs being brought into the house, but we've seen photos of police dogs at their house on the day the search warrants were executed, so they probably did bring them inside. Are there ways to ensure a dog wouldn't find evidence of personal items or a body in a hidden room?

Somewhat related to that theory, at least one news story said that the search warrants only applied to the M's house, not her dad's house, which is on the same piece of property. I imagine that TM and SM can go into his house any time they want, and would be able to do so without him knowing. Could they have hidden evidence in his house and he simply has no idea they did that?

I know, I've tossed out a lot of thoughts for consideration. But I feel better for getting them out of my system! :moo:

JMO, the trees look like they haven't been hurricaned or taken care of. I do think that TM would use her dads home for whatever she would want. I wouldn't put it past them to hide something there until someome could move it for them(evidence). I believe they put HE in a suitcase and or bags and took her to trash or disposed of "trash" on their last trip.

This picture bothers me:

Was it super cold in Myrtle this year? Could be why the palm trees didn't make it.

Could it be rubber or rock mulch?

Also, per her Disney blogging, the point was to make her yard look like the Polynesian. She obsessed over palm trees in that blog

If I were to dispose of a body, hypothetically, I would want it at least 10-15 miles away from my home. I don't think TM would want HE near her home or family and SM. She would want her away from them. In my opinion she took out of sight, out of mind waaaaay to far. Poor Heather.

Also, what's with the dead palm trees and the fresh mulch? Did they do some digging that damaged the root systems of the trees, and then cover their digging with mulch?

If you look at other photos taken that day, from different angles, the palms surrounding the rear of her fathers home are dead too. I just think they weren't well maintained as a whole.

Was it super cold in Myrtle this year? Could be why the palm trees didn't make it.

Could it be rubber or rock mulch?

Also, per her Disney blogging, the point was to make her yard look like the Polynesian.

It has been cold. Goodness yes it has!

"A drk blue poss Intrepid, has been at the landing about a week, has a bunch of trash," the CAD report reads. "Unk if anyone is in it or whats going on with an thinks officer needs to chekc it out."

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_509bb926-a351-11e3-9c42-001a4bcf6878.html

BBM is driving me crazy. Why would someone report that unless it were true, and if it were true in THIS case, WHERE did a "BUNCH OF TRASH" come from in the relatively short time the vehicle was there? Wouldn't the caller who noticed the vehicle and this "BUNCH OF TRASH," also notice the person(s) who were throwing the trash around the vehicle? If the trash was INSIDE the vehicle, then the caller had to have been NEAR the vehicle at some point and would have KNOWN if someone was IN the vehicle or not, IMO.

It makes NO SENSE to ME.

I tend to think like someone else already stated...perhaps one of the Ms made the call to report the car being at PTL. If not one of the Ms, then the Ms are by the grace of a higher power, innocent and whomever HE met up with made the call.

Sadly, Horry County has it's share of homeless people. TE remarked on the amount of trash in the vehicle when he unlocked it, but said it was "Heather's trash." My eyes well with tears just to write that. TE even wrote about "Heather's trash" fondly.

I think the caller's remark about not knowing if someone was in it meant she or someone who reported it to her, got close enough to see the trash inside and the rest of the statement was about whether someone was coming/going "living" there - as in "I don't know if someone will be inside when you come to check it. I think this is another reason the caller said it had been there "a week" - to get police out quicker in case someone was living in the car.

By the way. some of what looks like palm trees might be grasses.

:yes: Yes you can. If you click on my name, you will see "find all posts by Softail". Do the same to yourself. You can then search your own posts. HTH :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico