SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #25 ***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HE may have been trying to move on.

Then again, dating other people is the MOST effective way to get a lover back. Imagining your ex with another, often times awakens feelings for them you thought were gone.

But during this time, SM and TM may have been posting lovey dovey and photo bombing HE with pics of themselves having sex as a way to convince her she had no chance with SM and that TM had won.

If I was a mistress and my married man called, telling me he was leaving his wife and had chosen me, I'd be thrilled. I wouldn't be upset and crying.

I think the only way TM could have killed HE is by shooting her, which probably didn't happen because we would have heard about gobs of blood evidence. She could only have killed her with a knife or her hands if SM helped by holding HE down. TM is heavy, unfit, middle-aged and has a bad foot. No, in my imaginings, SM lost his temper and killed HE by himself with TM present, either enjoying the moment or objecting for fear that they'd get caught.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You wouldn't be upset and crying but you are not HE. We don't know how many times HE has heard SM say that he's leaving TM and wants to be with her. Married men tend to say that to keep their mistress hanging on.

If HE was sitting in a vehicle with SM, TM could open the door and hit her hard enough to knock her out or at the very least stun and daze her. HE is 5'1" and weighed 118lbs. TM is 5'9" and 235lbs....HE was no match for her. She could have choked HE with one hand tied behind her back. HE's very existence was a threat to TM's marriage and way of life. I've yet to hear any reason for SM to be upset with HE and want to kill her.

Have I missed anyone?

Horry County MISSING:
Angie Pipkin, 32, 16 Jan 2014 - SC SC - Angie Pipkin, 32, Aynor, 16 Jan 2014 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Heather Elvis, 20, 18 Dec 2013 - ACTIVE SEARCH SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #25 ***ARREST** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Zachary Malinowski, 19, 25 Aug 2013 - SC SC - Zachary Malinowski, 19, Conway/Aynor area, 25 August 2013 - Car Found Burned Out - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Johnny Lamar Brown, 44, 3 Aug 2012 - SC SC - Johnny Lamar Brown, 44, Myrtle Beach, 3-Aug-2012 - SPECIAL NEEDS - #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Susan Deluca, 45, 15 April 2010 - SC SC - Susan DeLuca, 45, Aynor, 15 April 2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Brandon Graves, 24, 30 Jan 2010 - SC SC - Brandon Graves, 24, Myrtle Beach, 30 Jan 2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Brittanee Drexel, 17, 25 April 2009 - SC SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #16 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Kareem Jamaal Ward, 23, 17 June 2007 - SC SC - Kareem Jamaal Ward, 23, Horry County, June 2007 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Andrea Lynn Hayslette, 29, 24 April 1993 - SC SC - Andrea Lynn Hayslette, 29, Myrtle Beach, 24 April 1993 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Shanta Johnson, 3, 19 July 1992 - SC SC - Shanta Johnson, 3, Myrtle Beach, 19 July 1992 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Lisa Ann Myers Neugent, 22, 8 Sept 1999 - SC SC - Lisa Ann Myers Neugent, 22, Conway, 8 Sept 1999 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Georgetown County Missing:
Crystal Gail Soles, 28, 24 Jan 2005 - SC SC - Crystal Gail Soles, 28, Andrews, 24 Jan 2005 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (Andrews)
Garrett Hughes, 44, 27 Nov 2003 - SC SC - Garrett Hughes, 44, Georgetown, 27 Nov 2003 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (Georgetown)

Horry & Georgetown County UID:
WhtMale Skel UP11933, 35-60, Winged Metal Cross Pendant, Dec'13 - SC SC - Myrtle Beach, WhtMale Skel UP11933, 35-60, Winged Metal Cross Pendant, Dec'13 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

WhtFem, (UP11327), 40-50, Dolphin Ankle Tattoo, May'13 - SC SC - Myrtle Beach, WhtFem, (UP11327), 40-50, Dolphin Ankle Tattoo, May'13 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Baby Boy Horry, Dec 2008 - SC SC - Conway - Baby Boy Horry, Dec 2008 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

BlkMale 1028UMSC, 20-39, Cornrows - Red Devil Tattoo, Nov'05 - SC SC - Georgetown, BlkMale 1028UMSC, 20-39, Cornrows - Red Devil Tattoo, Nov'05 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (Georgetown)

I think in exchange for a sweet deal, TM told LE how it went down, spurring the re-enactment and renewed focus on tides as well as her transfer to another jail.

I don't understand why they won't reveal her location. Surely they're not banking on an acquittal in the absence of a body? I don't think finding the body would be as damning as it might seem—if there's enough decomposition isn't it pretty likely there wouldn't be that much tying the M's to the COD, assuming the evidence found at the house didn't point to a specific method of murder? The SK angle could even advantage the defense in that case. But that would still leave the circumstantial (and direct?) evidence found at their home, which is the exact same position they're in now. So why, why, why drag this out? Their reputations are ruined. Revealing the location could only improve their image at this point, however marginally.

Am I missing some sort of courtroom strategy here? Even if they drag out the plea like Sierra Lamar's killer, that's still years of waiting in a jail cell, probably in isolation. Same outcome as facing the heat and accepting the sentence, save for a family getting to lay their daughter to rest.

Maybe they don't know where the body is -- either because they disposed of it in a way that makes its recovery difficult (including throwing in a body of water) or because they didn't dispose of her (a third party did it, or the rather remote possibility they didn't do it).

I've yet to hear any reason for SM to be upset with HE and want to kill her.

Because he had decided to leave his wife and kids to be with Heather and Heather had moved on, went on a date she apparently enjoyed and rejected him.

Some people do not really believe in murder without a body. I have seen plenty of comments around the internet, people saying they refuse to believe she is dead unless she (her body) is found to be so. People like this will be in a jury pool.

I don't believe there has been a confession. LE has charged them equally...IMO there is no "sweet deal" for either of them. Murder is murder in Sc. They don't seem to allow for a lot of degrees or variations.

JMO

I can't help but think of the Elvis family. The agony of knowing their child has been murdered, yet, being at the "mercy" of two sociopaths to bring their daughter home. This is hell on earth.

I hate to say this because we have the best legal system in the world but even someone caught on video with a gun shooting a victim will plead not guilty and hope to get off on a technicality. I'm afraid without a sweet plea deal for one of them we will have a trial that could go either way regardless of the evidence.

I'm hoping for a confession from one or both although not likely TM would ever admit to anything unless there was a being it for her.

I hate to say this because we have the best legal system in the world but even someone caught on video with a gun shooting a victim will plead not guilty and hope to get off on a technicality. I'm afraid without a sweet plea deal for one of them we will have a trial that could go either way regardless of the evidence.

I'm hoping for a confession from one or both although not likely TM would ever admit to anything unless there was a being it for her.

Exactly!!! Not to mention, with many people believing TM is a narcissit, do we really think she would just roll over and admit her involvement?

ETA: Putting myself in TM's shoes, if I know that I committed this act and knew the body wouldn't be found, I would be sitting pretty in jail laughing. I know some may say that on the other hand, she would be "proud" of her work. But based on her previous actions of taunting the family, the public, on social media, she seems to think she's smarter than everyone else.

I don't understand why they won't reveal her location. Surely they're not banking on an acquittal in the absence of a body? I don't think finding the body would be as damning as it might seem—if there's enough decomposition isn't it pretty likely there wouldn't be that much tying the M's to the COD, assuming the evidence found at the house didn't point to a specific method of murder? The SK angle could even advantage the defense in that case. But that would still leave the circumstantial (and direct?) evidence found at their home, which is the exact same position they're in now. So why, why, why drag this out? Their reputations are ruined. Revealing the location could only improve their image at this point, however marginally.

Am I missing some sort of courtroom strategy here? Even if they drag out the plea like Sierra Lamar's killer, that's still years of waiting in a jail cell, probably in isolation. Same outcome as facing the heat and accepting the sentence, save for a family getting to lay their daughter to rest.

Because telling LE where the body is is basically an admission of guilt. LE obviously has some pretty damning evidence on them to be able to charge them with murder without a body, but in reality, without a body, their defense can still work a lot of different angles. Admitting to where the body is basically 100% ensures a guilty verdict, whereas right now, there is a chance, even if small, that they'd be acquitted.

The Moorers probably felt that with all the unsolved missing persons in the area, Heather's case would just be lumped with the others...or that LE wouldn't push or investigate this closely.

Some people do not really believe in murder without a body. I have seen plenty of comments around the internet, people saying they refuse to believe she is dead unless she (her body) is found to be so. People like this will be in a jury pool.

I don't believe there has been a confession. LE has charged them equally...IMO there is no "sweet deal" for either of them. Murder is murder in Sc. They don't seem to allow for a lot of degrees or variations.

JMO

I sure hope this will be the case and LE has enough evidence against both. Also, enough info to bring Heather back to her family.

OT: loving the dress du jour!

I agree that TM has the clear motive, but SM may have a motive too if you consider a scenario where: HE continued to pursue relentlessly, even after SM broke it off; TM was going insane from jealousy and raging at SM for bringing HE into their lives; the kids got dragged into the turmoil and were emotionally suffering; TM was trailing SM's every move, effecting his ability to work and function; SM projected all of his guilt onto HE (she's responsible for ruining my life) and flipped from idealizing to devaluing her; SM feared TM would divorce him, turn his kids against him, and he'd lose the lifestyle that TM and his in-laws provided; TM was threatening to expose SM for unrelated crimes if he didn't get HE out of their lives; etc.

What if SM did call to demand HE leave them alone? Why would she be upset about a phone call in which SM promised to leave his wife?

What if the meeting at PTL was HE's idea (maybe she thought she could convince him to leave his wife if she met him in person)?

Maybe SM brought TM with him. Maybe things all came apart at the seams from there. It would explain the lousy planning- leaving HE's car at PTL (the murder scene).

None of this to disparage HE. She is the victim. I hope SM gets life without parole and TM gets whatever it is she deserves (according to the role she played).

I hadn't thought of a scenario in which SM really did try to break it off but HE continued to pursue the relationship, and he became angry/panicked, but I can definitely see that as a possibility.

You are right ....no one is going to spill any beans until a body is found !! :tantrum: But the feds must have gotten some incredible evidence to arrest both of them for murder already....they totally skipped the persons of interest part ...

I don't think they skipped it; I think they just kept it from the public.

Because he had decided to leave his wife and kids to be with Heather and Heather had moved on, went on a date she apparently enjoyed and rejected him.

We have no proof that SM even knew that she went on a date. We only know that he called her.

JMO
SC is "hand of one is the hand of all" state, so no way out. 30 year sentence would look better than life though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member