SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SLED is sonar/ultrasonic waves. It doesn't work on heat sync. That's what I have learned in a recent search in my area.

If you were referring to my comment on SLED, I meant South Carolina Law Enforcement Division.
:seeya:

I didn't see this posted but I've been skimming to catch up...

http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/heather-elvis-disappearance-terry-elvis

It seems to answer a couple things...

i.e. The phone was going to voicemail the whole hour TE was trying to call after going to the car, not as we originally thought it went to voicemail after an hour...

Very in depth "timeline" from TE's view, with a lot of personal stories, etc. Heartbreaking but a 'must read' for this case.

TE is an amazing writer, IMO...and father.

I was glad it clarified when her phone went to voicemail. I definitely got a different impression the last time it was stated. This time it was very clear.

These discrepancies surface in every case...media gets things wrong far too often and seldom bother to correct them.

:) I know, but that whole, "3am on December 17," one, that's a pretty big one to NOT fix, IMO.

At the risk of saying something wrong...I can pretty much say with certainty the helicopters were being used in search for Heather today.

[modsnip]

Other than that, I've done a timeline and I've stated my theory (waaaay before the report came out), but I can't state it again because now it will look like I am talking about a police report...so, until something breaks in the case, there really isn't much to say.

Amen, sister!

Here's the Nancy Grace interview:
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=995511

They don't go into any specifics on the case. It's a pretty worthless interview IMO but I guess any mention of HE will spread awareness.

But she will be back when there is an arrest, and I can't wait!!

Yes, what is up with that? I haven't read a single thing about what that particular post mentions. Color me confused...

Boy, I wish I was a fly on the wall in Myrtle Beach today (don't we all?!) to know what is going on "behind the scenes!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You posted in the morning and now it is dark outside and I still haven't read or know about the latest 'rumor'. :tantrum:
I'll continue reading and maybe I'll be able to figure things out.

Its pretty poor from from CUE to cancel the search this weekend without giving a reason. No doubt, volunteers would have made arrangements so that they could participate in the search, like travel arrangements. I'd hate to see search numbers dwindle in the future because of this. Quite frankly, no one likes to be stuffed around, especially when they have volunteered to give up their time.

I have a feeling the SHTF very soon.... anyone else?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

lol!
I watched my second episode today. The older ladies make the funniest comments.
Earlier I posted that Heather tweeted that there's nothing to learn from watching Myrtle Manor.
After watching a second show, I wholeheartedly DISAGREE.

Oh, and randomly, I ran across the title of a new show called, Party Down South (I think) on CMT. The show is an hour long but only had fifteen minutes remaining when I noticed it. The setting is in a South Carolina beach town and the f word is used in place of 'the' and the 'kids' were drunk.
It was episode one of season one that aired yesterday afaik. Lord held us!

Yeah that beach town is Murrell's Inlet. Where Heather learned to drive stick.

Does decomp release heat?

I googled it. I couldn't come up with anything. God forbid anyone ever check my google history.

I know it is a very morbid question and I'm sorry I need to ask it.

This is really a good question. This is just my opinion and this is kind of morbid so for those that dont want to read further, please skip....

IMO, I do think at certain times in the decomposition process there would be levels of heat generated much more than just the hard ground surrounding a dead body. Because for example, I once found a dead huge turtle that was totally filled with maggots and I noticed it because this "object" seemed to be moving on its own. After using a stick to turn it over, I was totally grossed out because of the thousands and thousands of maggots that were moving around. So I would bet that if a helicopter used heat-sensitive radar (i think infrared maybe?) , they maybe able to tell if something is warmer than the surrounding ground area.

We are all familiar with helicopters using this type of night heat-sensitive radar (infrared?) to search for a running suspect in the woods. And wondering if they could use the same technology and try to search for a body at night using that type of radar. It may actually be easier to find somebody like that than it would with ground searches. Just wait for dark, then bring up the copters with that type of radar.

Just trying to come up with an idea to help find her. I am sure LE would be aware of this if they have done this before. I just hope they could invest the money in searches like this if its available.

Its pretty poor from from CUE to cancel the search this weekend without giving a reason. No doubt, volunteers would have made arrangements so that they could participate in the search, like travel arrangements. I'd hate to see search numbers dwindle in the future because of this. Quite frankly, no one likes to be stuffed around, especially when they have volunteered to give up their time.

Maybe they can't say the reason. Like they are a lot closer to an arrest, but need to move forward very carefully at this point.

:praying:

I cannot get any sound...what does NG say?

A whole lot of not much. Although she did say she found the case on her own b/c after the twins are down she scours the internet for interesting cases. She messaged her staff about wanting to do it and they responded that was funny because they'd been getting a bunch of calls about it.

But yeah I think she'll be back when there's more to report, like an arrest.

I cannot get any sound...what does NG say?

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=995511#.UtnJxEko4eE

Try the link one more time. It's only a couple minute video. I didn't think the actual interview gave much information. Sounds like she intends to provide more coverage. She also said LE told her that hundreds of tips were generated after her show. She also gave the tip line number. I was hoping for a more in-depth video, but also understand the time constraints on news programs.

You made me :)
with your comment about wanting to know what NG has to say! :)

IMOO.

I guess I was was hoping she would talk about the "latest" as she is considered MSM, lol, and then we could...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daisy82504