SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what to discuss. Bah!

Okay, going back to our long, long ago thoughts, what does everyone think happened? I haven't heard anything about the apartment being amiss in any way, so that makes me believe that Heather left home of her own volition. It's what happened after that that we need to uncover. Did Heather leave to meet someone, do an errand, take a drive, pick up some fast food? At what point did she go from being alone to being in the company of another (others?)?

How did Heather's car end up at PTL? Was she meeting someone there & drove there herself? Did she get into another car or board someone's boat? Did something nefarious happen to her before she ever got to PTL (if that was her destination), & the perp(s) dumped her car at PTL? Was she even ever at PTL? Also, if the perp dumped her car there, why there? From what I've read from local posters, there are plenty of more hidden places the perp could have hidden the car. Why not drive it into a lake, for instance?

Also, as a petite woman, I imagine Heather could have been overpowered by a single person. But, do we think it was a single perp or multiple perps? Male, female, both?

Why have the police been so quiet?

Where are you, Heather?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hypothetically speaking....I own my business and say a police report comes out with my name on it. It doesn't accuse me of a crime, so the police have done nothing wrong. But, the people decide I am guilty and with that they decide to tear up the town going to other buisnesses telling them, I am a horrible person and guilty of several crimes. I have proof of this. The slander goes on. If I am then found guilty of no crimes. I most certainly believe I would have a case because my business would be damaged. I really do own my own business, the rest is hypothetical. I am not a bad person :)

Would person X have to prove they are not certifiably insane or would the burden be on the one who spoke it to prove that the person they said was insane IS certifiably insane?

Where is the burden? Or who has the burden in a libel suit?
Again, I am not an attorney, I only worked for one many years ago. It is my belief that the person who wants to sue for slander (spoken) would have to prove that what was spoken was untrue, detrimentally affected their life and was spoken with malice (harm intended or reckless disregard for the truth). If the actions of Person X LOOKED certifiably insane to you when you spoke the words, there is no malice. They really looked certifiably insane to you.

Oddly no....as if it wasn't newsworthy...I couldn't find a follow up even mentioning the redacted info in any of the local papers

LOCALS, anything on the tv or radio about those exposed through the police report? any mention of the release of the document?
Anything beyond the news of the searches?

No. Absolutely nothing. Still waiting for it but, I know it's not going to happen.

At this point, I would not even call the news here news.

Which is leading me to my next rant. Stay tuned!

http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/heather-elvis-disappearance-terry-elvis

Can any of our locals identify the mall parking lot that HE is learning to drive a stick shift in the picture at above link? Just curious.

Also, is that a cell phone she is holding between her legs? TIA.

wm
I'm not a local, but it was identified as the Inlet Square Mall in an article. Here is a Google picture of the area she was in. The map is over in the Media, Maps and Timelines thread

Attachments

• Heather ElvisMallLot.jpg
    Heather ElvisMallLot.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 41
Chiming in, and I said I was going just observe, hmmmm. Anywho, regarding the slander - can a victim's family sue for slandering their loved one, who is not here to defend themselves against someone saying and posting online defamatory comments?

http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/heather-elvis-disappearance-terry-elvis

Can any of our locals identify the mall parking lot that HE is learning to drive a stick shift in the picture at above link? Just curious.

Also, is that a cell phone she is holding between her legs? TIA.

wm

I believe it was stated that it was the Inlet Square Mall in Murrells Inlet. Been there many times. I'm not local to MB but not far inland from there n have vacationed there many many times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

To me, the perp(s) obviously know/knew her and are local. In other words, not a random predator, roaming for victims. I never felt that, even "before". I also got vibes of depression from her SM, that all was not well in her life and/or mind. She did not seem happy, IMO. I considered suicide, or perhaps a suicidal gesture, that went wrong. But if so, she should have been found, most likely. I imagined she might have taken pills, for example, as most likely, maybe in a dark scary place such as where her car was found, intending to call someone at the last moment ,i.e whoever the man was she seemed to be depressed over, and maybe her phone was dead. Or she went out to meet or look for him and they had an altercation. From her SM, it sounded like she had a thing for a man who was not available.

Anyone who watches "Snapped" knows that seldom ends well.

Chiming in, and I said I was going just observe, hmmmm. Anywho, regarding the slander - can a victim's family sue for slandering their loved one, who is not here to defend themselves against someone saying and posting online defamatory comments?

Again, they would have to prove those things were not true, which possibly opens up cans of worms...

I don't know what to discuss. Bah!

Okay, going back to our long, long ago thoughts, what does everyone think happened? I haven't heard anything about the apartment being amiss in any way, so that makes me believe that Heather left home of her own volition. It's what happened after that that we need to uncover. Did Heather leave to meet someone, do an errand, take a drive, pick up some fast food? At what point did she go from being alone to being in the company of another (others?)?

How did Heather's car end up at PTL? Was she meeting someone there & drove there herself? Did she get into another car or board someone's boat? Did something nefarious happen to her before she ever got to PTL (if that was her destination), & the perp(s) dumped her car at PTL? Was she even ever at PTL? Also, if the perp dumped her car there, why there? From what I've read from local posters, there are plenty of more hidden places the perp could have hidden the car. Why not drive it into a lake, for instance?

Also, as a petite woman, I imagine Heather could have been overpowered by a single person. But, do we think it was a single perp or multiple perps? Male, female, both?

Why have the police been so quiet?

Where are you, Heather?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good questions...

I'm torn on the car issue myself. Depending on when Heather was scheduled to work next, she might've been reported missing just as quickly—not to LE, but perhaps to her father. With her car gone, it could appear that she had left voluntarily if nothing was indeed amiss. But if her family and friends viewed the disappearance strangely enough to immediately tell LE... based on some other cases I've read here, nearby bodies of water are some of the first locations to be searched "to rule them out." I think the car would have been discovered quite quickly (sonar was used very early on per TE) and foul play would've absolutely been evident. With the car abandoned at PTL, doors locked, wallet etc gone, it leaves room for doubt that she may have left willingly.

My question is, how do either of those scenarios compare to just leaving her car at her apartment? Doing that would have added a few extra days before TE became involved. Leaving the car there would imply the act, whatever it was, had occurred at her apartment, which also gives the perp a lot of time to clean up/strategically arrange things. It leaves even more room for doubt, IMO, that she was picked up by someone and left willingly, depending on which items were made to look missing.

This would depend on the gender of the perp. I think a woman would have known what makeup and toiletries to grab to craft the appearance of a voluntary exit. That's one of the absolute first things we hear about any missing person—that they left things behind their loved ones knew they ordinarily wouldn't have.

The fact that nobody seems to be certain about HE's knowledge of PTL, yet the car was left there, indicates to me that there's no way anything occurred in her actual apartment. Yet if something happened to her at the hands of someone she knew, why couldn't she have met them there? Once they arrived, if they had nefarious intentions, they would have known they were alone. I don't think being in that apartment offered her any particular self defense advantage over PTL if she were with someone she trusted either way.

So IMO, she drove herself somewhere, but not necessarily PTL.

I'm not a local, but it was identified as the Inlet Square Mall in an article. Here is a Google picture of the area she was in. The map is over in the Media, Maps and Timelines thread

Thanks very much, Ghostwheel! I've been away for a few weeks and am soooo behind on Heather's case. :banghead:

Ya'll get ya bottoms downstairs stuff is a happening and HE's name was mentioned.

If she got a call, say, inviting her to "party" with some people, supposing the caller was a male she wanted to be with, I can see her going, if that was the only way to spend time with him. I.e if he called and said "hey, come to xxxx, I miss you."

No. Absolutely nothing. Still waiting for it but, I know it's not going to happen.

At this point, I would not even call the news here news.

Which is leading me to my next rant. Stay tuned!

I watched the local (MB/Florence) news tonight. Yawn. Must have been a slow news day.

Hypothetically speaking....I own my business and say a police report comes out with my name on it. It doesn't accuse me of a crime, so the police have done nothing wrong. But, the people decide I am guilty and with that they decide to tear up the town going to other buisnesses telling them, I am a horrible person and guilty of several crimes. I have proof of this. The slander goes on. If I am then found guilty of no crimes. I most certainly believe I would have a case because my business would be damaged. I really do own my own business, the rest is hypothetical. I am not a bad person :)

if those people intentionally spread false rumors with the intent of hurting your business...you would have a solid case as long as you can prove all the things I mentioned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daisy82504