SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious to know definitively if:

1) KB laptop gone. All PD releases I've seen say just CDC. I only saw it referenced once by KB mom. Could she think it was gone b/c PD or someone else took it after the apt opened? One of the PD releases specifically said that CDC's laptop could have been taken later which was odd.
2) Was the door unlocked? All PD releases I've read said it was. Perhaps PD confused if someone opened it before they got there?

Laptop could have been taken if they wanted to go somewhere to skype and not have it traced to their IP perhaps? Or if he loved to write he could have just had it on him expecting to do some writing on his lunch break or after work somewhere. I haven't heard anything about anyone in the parking, adjacent apartment seeing them leave, hearing anything or anyone else there. Or any cameras. Perhaps PD aren't releasing or just didn't check.

I hadn't heard he was getting something published. That and reading he got a recent promotion at work and liked his job...makes me doubtful they wanted to start a new life. Same with the dog.

The key though seems to be to find the missing car.

It's Kala, it must be pronounced Kayla because her mom was using voice-to-text to write her reply on facebook, where it wrote Kayla instead of Kala. I've been reading it as Kal (like california) a by mistake.

Hello everyone! I'm new to this site. I have been following this story for awhile now. I've been doing my own investaging through Facebook and what not. I have gone back and read all of the posts on this thread. I believe this polygamy thing def plays a factor. I have gone back to their pages and "their likes" and "their groups." I've used Google and gone to different dating sites. I read through the rules, are we not allowed to say what site they were on looking for relationships? If anyone could lead me into the right direction, that'd be great. I'm new to this and not trying to break any rules! Thanks so much everyone!

Hello everyone! I'm new to this site. I have been following this story for awhile now. I've been doing my own investaging through Facebook and what not. I have gone back and read all of the posts on this thread. I believe this polygamy thing def plays a factor. I have gone back to their pages and "their likes" and "their groups." I've used Google and gone to different dating sites. I read through the rules, are we not allowed to say what site they were on looking for relationships? If anyone could lead me into the right direction, that'd be great. I'm new to this and not trying to break any rules! Thanks so much everyone!

Someone let me know if I'm breaking any rules but the main sites people would use for the lifestyle are going to be mainstream sites like okcupid and fetish websites like fetlife. Fetlife is a good candidate but there are a ton of dating/hookup sites out there. Also just a small tip, technically polygamy is being married to more than one person. Polyamory is people who have more than one romantic relationship at a time :)

No what I understand Facebook took his facebook page down because of spam that's what a family member said you would think they would trace the IP very odd

No what I understand Facebook took his facebook page down because of spam that's what a family member said you would think they would trace the IP very odd

Facebook isn't going to do anything with IP's without a court ordered search warrant.

I've since narrowed my believe into what happened into 2 scenarios, but of course I could be wrong, and don't have all the information.

A) The drove off a ravine, or into the water in a terrible accident. In this scenario, the laptop would have to have been taken separately, and the thief used it to cause trouble on the FB account and changing other social media accounts in an opportunistic / attention seeking kind of way. I personally have a hunch on who that would be IF this scenario is true, but I don't know that it is.

B) They met foul play and/or harm from an escalation of events. If this is true, then I suspect someone knows something and it just needs to be brought to light. At one point I thought this was the most likely scenario, but I am starting to lean more towards just a freak accident and we haven't found them yet. Even in this scenario, I am not convinced the missing laptop / posts have anything directly related to do with their disappearance, but it might, we just don't know based on released facts. If this is true, I suspect either a former lover, or associate of a former lover is potential involved OR a potential new lover OR the possibility of meeting someone in a pay for play scenario, though it seems unlikely.

I know that social media canvasses are going out both on facebook, and some not-as-public social media sites to see if someone, saw something, anything in the days leading up to their disappearance that might be the thread that unravels everything.

I also believe finding the car is the KEY piece missing, and that should be a large priority into making a break in the case on where or whom to focus on to find David and Kala.

I've heard SC has toll roads, I wonder if those records were pulled? Cell phone pings? I know the family has looked at the roads / areas they felt most likely would have been involved in an accident of this type, but I think they should be searched some more. I also think it would be good to search the waterways near road where a car could have gone off the road.

What about industrial or natural areas where someone could ditch a car in the area? I wonder if those have been searched to see if the car has been parked in the back of some industrial lot somewhere? Auto salvage yards? Impound lots (private tow companies who are a bit shady?). The list of possibilities go on depending on how thorough you want to be.

Does anyone know if there were any references or hints that drugs could have possible be involved, even casual use of marijuana or something like that? It is a small possibility that a drug deal could have gone bad, but so far I see no indication this couple used drugs, so I don't think this is a very likely scenario.

Okay great thank you!!! I just noticed she had a lot of submissive pages liked along with polyamory. Thanks for clearing that up! 😊

I also believe finding the car is the KEY piece missing, and that should be a large priority into making a break in the case on where or whom to focus on to find David and Kala.
Snipped and BBM. Definitely, once the car can be located I'm confident this case can be blown wide open.

Right guys, I have updated the case map as I see I was wrong with DC's employment. Again - Please let me know if you want anything/removing.

Case Map

So did they go missing the night they were supposed to meet her friend? He was last seen leaving work and between there and wherever they were meeting the friend, they disappeared?

I agree completely with x-driven-x. Those are the scenarios I feel right now. I want to believe though that they could still be held somewhere, so there is a possibility of a rescue. I think the laptop and the messing with it could be just a big detractor from what happened. From what I've seen on the timeline KB texted her friend 8/31 at 6AM which was usual for her. 8/30 she asked the same friend to meet CDC for the first time on 9/1. Same friend who KB told her she was being stalked. KB did not return calls/texts on 8/31. CDC was caught on camera leaving work on 8/31 at 5:30PM. So...someone could have been in the apartment with her and keeping her from answering and ambushed CDC BUT I still think it is a stretch to think that person got both of them out, moved his car, abducted them and fled in her car or his car....all with no one in apartment complex noticing. There could be a second person involved with that person....OR....a third-party picked KB up and took her somewhere willingly (mom said her handbag was missing) and CDC knew to meet there. Not going straight home. He could have gotten an email and not a cell/text or it was prearranged. From what I read we don't know that he went home. It could be someone she felt comfortable getting in a car with. Just throwing it out there.

Someone let me know if I'm breaking any rules but the main sites people would use for the lifestyle are going to be mainstream sites like okcupid and fetish websites like fetlife. Fetlife is a good candidate but there are a ton of dating/hookup sites out there. Also just a small tip, technically polygamy is being married to more than one person. Polyamory is people who have more than one romantic relationship at a time :)

I tried to respond earlier to you earlier, but I did it wrong lol. Thank you so much for your info. Worked perfect, found what I was looking for. Also, thank you for clearing that up for me!! ��

Found KB and noticed the profile friended someone 24 days ago along with the photos and comments after the disappearance. So....either they staged disappearance or someone got access and pretending to be her?

So yeah...now I'm completely at a loss what is going on.

Edit: Found CDC profile and he hasn't been active on his profile in 3 months.

Sorry, auto correct. No KK, meant NN and KB

Found KB and noticed the profile friended someone 24 days ago along with the photos and comments after the disappearance. So....either they staged disappearance or someone got access and pretending to be her?

So yeah...now I'm completely at a loss what is going on.

Edit: Found CDC profile and he hasn't been active on his profile in 3 months.

That friend request is most likely just the other person finally accepting it and I don't think was really the profile being active.

So did they go missing the night they were supposed to meet her friend? He was last seen leaving work and between there and wherever they were meeting the friend, they disappeared?

I dont think there is anything to say he made it home or that they left to head to Taylors. I just added it as possible routes they may have been on when they went missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LDowden72