SC - Nine killed in Emanuel AME Church shooting, Charleston; Dylann Roof charged #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN Breaking News ‏@cnnbrk 1h1 hour ago

Charleston massacre suspect bought gun used in shooting at Charleston gun store in April, officials say. http://cnn.it/1G9SCo8

I can't speak for wendybtn, but only for myself.

My opinion is that boys aren't allowed to be boys anymore. They are forced to suppress their aggression. Many schools no longer have true physical education, no playgrounds. Instead of letting boys fight or play rough, they are expected to "get in touch" with their feelings. How is an alpha male supposed to be an alpha male if he can't compete to be an alpha male? We may be humans, but at the same time we are still mammals.

Just my two cents... computer games can't replace the playground.

Thanks, Canaille. You said it much more eloquently than I could. Between you and me, how these simple statements have some gasping and eye rolling and think we want boys to go kill people is beyond me.

150618193622-15-charleston-reax-0818-exlarge-169.jpg

150618120624-06-charleston-reax-0618-exlarge-169.jpg

150619065809-02-charleston-reax-0619-exlarge-169.jpg

Charleston shooting: Sadness, shock, rage and resilience

Charleston, South Carolina (CNN)Walk past the Emanuel AME Church in Charleston, past the Gothic building and onto the streets, and you see a city in grief.

Bouquets of flowers sit outside, their colorful petals withering in the summer heat. Flickering candles line the sidewalks, their glow bright amid the city's darkest moments.

In a South Carolina city known for its tolerance of all religious denominations came a massacre so shocking, residents don't know how to react.

They're calling for justice, but also asking for peace. Some are indignant, some are resigned.

They stand in prayer circles as strangers hug and bagpipes wail "Amazing Grace." They weep and ask why.

After a white man allegedly killed nine people at one of the nation's oldest African-American churches, a stunned and heartbroken community is struggling with a flood of emotions: anger, sadness, resilience.

more at link and more pictures :rose:

[video]http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/19/us/south-carolina-shooting-emotions/index.html[/video]

I was away for a bit and gladly missed some of the more heated comments. This thread is going to get closed up if we don't all take it down a notch. There are political threads in the basement if that's the kind of debate that floats your boat. Please keep the thread open. This is an important case.

JMO I haven't looked, so maybe the political pavilion is open again, but a while back I think Tricia closed it because she correctly saw it to be a conspiracy theorists rant page with blatant racism abounding. I peeked at it a few times. It was truly disgusting.....but I did take note of who was posting on it, so when I saw their posts on other threads I would recognize where they were "coming from". It was indeed UGLY. JMO

943520_097269968c3e497fa1274830b315f95e.jpg_srb_p_156_247_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srb

Myra Thompson - a victim :rose:

943520_a34ad731ed284111ae2038e671d2d9f8.jpg_srb_p_305_225_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srb

Rev. Daniel Simmons Sr. - a victim :rose:

we did not have a picture of these two victims yesterday and i certainly wanted them to have theirs displayed here on ws as well as the seven others.......

blessings to the families and loved ones of ALL the victims :heartbeat:

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

The man who shot and killed nine parishioners at a historically black church in Charleston, South Carolina, told police that he "almost didn't go through with it because everyone was so nice to him," sources told NBC News.

And yet Dylann Roof decided he had to "go through with his mission."

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ch...w&hootPostID=0d887bb20ff2596957427cb8c1dce9c8

My stomach literally fell as did my heart when I read this. Oh that it was so close to not happening. How hard his heart must have been

Like many of you yesterday, my heart had such a deep down hurt. It still does.

However, in the dark pain, there's also a little spark this morning, as I'm now just getting to catch up to all the beautiful vigils held last night and the videos this morning of people going to the AME to place their flowers and other touching gifts...and I'm listening to so many uplifting and sincere words from people, some that are known names to us and some that are just *average citizens.*

I am so thankful to see so many fighting off what this killer tried to do, which allegedly was to start a race war. The last year has been difficult in racial issues, starting in Ferguson last summer................but look at this, all races are coming together in this tragedy. What this killer did shocks and disgusts us at our very deepest core. That is what I am finding beautiful this morning. So Dylann, you FAILED in the biggest way.

I am disgusted that some of the paid ferguson crew is now in Charleston this morning. :sheesh: :candle: :peace: :rose:

I am not familiar with the layout of the church or how long it takes to reload a glock..Reports say he reloaded 5 times why didn't the victims try to overpower him when he was reloading ? Or why some didn't try to run ?

Jun 19 2015, 9:09 am ET

Dylann Roof 'Almost Didn't Go Through' With Charleston Church Shooting

by Daniel Arkin

The man who shot and killed nine parishioners at a historically black church in Charleston, South Carolina, told police that he "almost didn't go through with it because everyone was so nice to him," sources told NBC News.

Roof, 21, has confessed to gunning down nine people at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston on Wednesday night, two sources confirmed to NBC News...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ch...go-through-charleston-church-shooting-n378341

Not absolutely positive, but I think that his father gave him the money to buy the gun which he purchased in Charleston. Who knows who paid his trespassing fine ? If the gun is registered to Dylann, what sort of background check did he pass? Where does he get the money for drugs, ammunition, food, gasoline, car insurance etc. He had enablers. JMO

This is all so terribly sad. My heart breaks for the victims and their loved ones. We share your heartbreak and grief. Sending prayers out to all...

I am disgusted that some of the paid ferguson crew is now in Charleston this morning. :sheesh: :candle: :peace: :rose:

Sheesh.
Oh please, I hope they stay away. We don't need any controversial drama.....blacks and whites are praying and grieving together right now. As it should be.
Political cr** can come later, now is time to respect the lives lost in a house of worship (a supposed safe place) and support the grieving community and families.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ch...w&hootPostID=0d887bb20ff2596957427cb8c1dce9c8

Oh! This just made me feel so sick. My stomach turned over and flipped.

So sad and brokenhearted for these beautiful and precious victims. My heart stays with the families, the community and all who are suffering this devastating loss. So, so senseless.

The 87 year old lady makes me think of my own Mama who loved to go to church. She passed away this year at age 87 and went to church as long as she was able to be carried through the doors. I'll just bet the victim was like this and church was her solace. I just can't understand any of this. It makes me feel like I need counselling therapy to deal with my feelings toward this reject. So hurt and so angry...:furious:

Not absolutely positive, but I think that his father gave him the money to buy the gun which he purchased in Charleston. Who knows who paid his trespassing fine ? If the gun is registered to Dylann, what sort of background check did he pass? Where does he get the money for drugs, ammunition, food, gasoline, car insurance etc. He had enablers. JMO

Seems giving someone who had drug issues some cash for their birthday would be wrong just because they might go buy drugs. Unbelievable that he bought a gun.

Take care of yourself and one another in this time of heavy sadness. Sending prayers and love out to all...

Anderson Cooper 360° retweeted
Nick Valencia ‏@CNNValencia 11m11 minutes ago

Some victims family members of the #CharlestonChurchShooting are expected to be in court today: Judge #CNN

I am not familiar with the layout of the church or how long it takes to reload a glock..Reports say he reloaded 5 times why didn't the victims try to overpower him when he was reloading ? Or why some didn't try to run ?
My guess is that he first targeted the younger men who might have been better able to resist or flee. Six of the victims were women, two of those senior citizens. New reports indicated he used clips which can be switched very quickly. Anyone initially wounded once, but not yet fatally, would have suffered very damaging wounds from a 45 caliber and couldn't have offered resistance. What must have been a reaction of shock and disbelief that such an attack was happening and Roof's choice of weapons seem to me the most likely reasons no one managed to flee or overpower the killer. All MOO

Good questions. You are spot on with your last sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico