SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seton Tucker talked to Alex's brother, John Marvin Murdaugh, about the night of the murders. Plus, John Marvin discussed the role he played in helping find Maggie's phone the day after the double homicide. Also; the private investigator who followed Paul Murdaugh clears up when she was watching him.

50. We Talked With Alex’s Brother About Maggie’s Phone | The Murdaugh Family Murders: Impact of Influence, 7 April 2022

Can anyone give an overview of what was stated?

From article:
"In addition to her surveillance, they had also caused a camera to be placed at the driveway to Moselle, so there’s video there," Tinsley told the court. "So we’ve asked for those."
#
If I remember from the map, there are 2 driveways at Moselle.
One drive leads directly ( straight line ) to the house.
The other drive winds around to the kennel, big building area.

Anyone, is this correct ?

So, we don't know which driveway ( or is it both) that was covered by the camera(s) .

ETA: On the day of the murders, could LE have missed seeing a “hidden” camera?

Last edited:
Basically, they talked about SLED recently publishing the statement that they were still diligently working on resolving the murders.

The pictures of JM were taken in the presence of LE, Duffie Stone recused himself when appropriate. I don't agree here, he stayed on for 8 weeks before he recused. He should have done it immediately considering his close relationship with BM.

LE secured approx 75 yard crime scene near the kennels around the bodies of PM and MM, they were covered in sheets.

Shockingly IMO, they did not secure the home at Moselle and the family was allowed to go back into the house while LE was processing the scene, How can they not secure the house as well???? There are 2 dead bodies outside. This was a HUGE error in my opinion.

JM talks about next day, he said he knew BM had an app that could locate MM's phone and that he told LE that. He had BM's phone and when they were walking towards the gate they realized the phone was further. Got in car with LE and went looking for the phone.

It took about 15 minutes to find it. It was picked up by SLED using gloves, JM called AM to get the unlock code. The phone was unlocked at the scene.

This is my interpretation only.

Basically, they talked about SLED recently publishing the statement that they were still diligently working on resolving the murders.

The pictures of JM were taken in the presence of LE, Duffie Stone recused himself when appropriate. I don't agree here, he stayed on for 8 weeks before he recused. He should have done it immediately considering his close relationship with BM.

LE secured approx 75 yard crime scene near the kennels around the bodies of PM and MM, they were covered in sheets.

Shockingly IMO, they did not secure the home at Moselle and the family was allowed to go back into the house while LE was processing the scene, How can they not secure the house as well???? There are 2 dead bodies outside. This was a HUGE error in my opinion.

JM talks about next day, he said he knew BM had an app that could locate MM's phone and that he told LE that. He had BM's phone and when they were walking towards the gate they realized the phone was further. Got in car with LE and went looking for the phone.

It took about 15 minutes to find it. It was picked up by SLED using gloves, JM called AM to get the unlock code. The phone was unlocked at the scene.

The idea that. in 2021, a family member needed to suggest to LE that a victim's phone could be located using an app is mind boggling. But we already know we aren't dealing with a bunch of geniuses.

The idea that. in 2021, a family member needed to suggest to LE that a victim's phone could be located using an app is mind boggling. But we already know we aren't dealing with a bunch of geniuses.

Especially as electronics are usually the first move that LE makes with investigations these days. And LE not clearing that house is just shocking.

Down here at USC. Passed a Buc-ees in Florence before turning West to Columbia, but can’t be the one between rehab and Richland County detention center, so little chance it’s where our friend was photographed on a convenience break. :rolleyes:

It’s only 27 minutes — I recommend listening, a lot of details. One of most interesting on Impact of Influence, but I agree with others up thread. Totally shocked the house wasn’t a crime scene and carefully processed — that the family was allowed back in that night.

And … I have a lot of respect for the legal analyst John Snyder, but totally disagree with him on Duffie — Duffie Stone should have recused himself immediately if for no other reason that he and Alex/the Murdaughs were friends. But then factor in Alex having access to the solicitor’s office, technology, and resources for another couple months :mad: All smells of inpropriety :mad: MOO.

It’s only 27 minutes — I recommend listening, a lot of details. One of most interesting on Impact of Influence, but I agree with others up thread. Totally shocked the house wasn’t a crime scene and carefully processed — that the family was allowed back in that night.

And … I have a lot of respect for the legal analyst John Snyder, but totally disagree with him on Duffie — Duffie Stone should have recused himself immediately if for no other reason that he and Alex/the Murdaughs were friends. But then factor in Alex having access to the solicitor’s office, technology, and resources for another couple months :mad: All smells of inpropriety :mad: MOO.

Agree on both points. They also held a memorial service at the house. I don’t recall the details, they are up thread.

Did anyone else catch Cousin Eddie on the new 48 Hours on ID about the Murdaugh's that aired 4/7?

He's still in his jailhouse threads so he's obviously still incarcerated. It makes me wonder if what his role in all of this will turn out to be and if he is cooperating with LE.

Last edited:

Why would AM have MM phone's unlock code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz