SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I read this is the co-receivers have uncovered this.

According to court records, the estates of Abram F. Brown Sr. and Lillie V. Brown of Glynn County, Georgia, entered into an agreement on Jan. 7, 2020 with Martin.

Hall Jones and Brown Funeral Home was in default of its loan agreement with Southeastern Bank.

The bank advertised the property in The Brunswick News once a week for a month, announcing its intent to sell it to the “highest and best bidder for cash” on the first Tuesday in January 2020.

It was sold for $147,000 to Martin.

But Murdaugh paid the bulk of the purchase price.

On Jan. 27, the attorneys who were appointed by the court to comb through Murdaugh’s finances sent a subpoena to Martin asking for “any and all documents in your possession regarding the transaction referenced … including, but not limited to, any correspondence, text messages or emails.”

Martin did not respond to the subpoena nor did he respond to a follow-up letter sent on March 18, which gave him an additional 10 days to respond before a motion would be filed with the court.

On Tuesday afternoon, attorneys Amy L.B. Hill and Jordan M. Crapps of Gallivan, White and Boyd — the law firm of co-receiver John T. Lay — filed a motion to compel Martin to provide the records requested.

The co-receivers’ are tasked with accounting for every penny they can find belonging to Murdaugh as a long line of creditors continues to form.

While this latest development in the Murdaugh Murders Saga has raised a lot of eyebrows, late-breaking information has come in since this story originally published Wednesday afternoon … and it is perplexing.

John Martin, the owner of Martin’s Funeral Home — the man who purchased the Brunswick funeral home location using $110,000 of Alex Murdaugh’s money — is also the father of one of Murdaugh’s alleged victims.

In October 2015, Murdaugh is accused of taking $338,056.14 that was supposed to be invested on behalf of his client, Deon J. Martin, of Allendale County.

The check was supposed to be compensation for Martin’s injuries.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/04/27...or-a-funeral-home-in-2020-that-seems-unusual/

Continued

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/04/27...or-a-funeral-home-in-2020-that-seems-unusual/

Just over a year later, Murdaugh is accused of taking an additional $45,000 from Martin’s settlement.

Murdaugh allegedly deposited both checks into his fake Forge account and spent the money on personal expenses.

Martin was first identified in November 2021 as an alleged victim of Murdaugh.

On Nov. 18, Murdaugh was indicted on four charges in Martin’s case: two counts of Breach of Trust with Fraudulent Intent Value $10,000 or More and two counts of Computer Crime Value $10,000 or More.

The new indictment adds a fifth count of Breach of Trust with Fraudulent Intent Value $10,000 or More, noting that around Aug. 20, 2015, Murdaugh allegedly told Martin that $500,000 in settlement funds had been recovered and were being sent to Forge Consulting LLC, the legitimate company, to establish an annuity on Martin’s behalf.

Murdaugh then allegedly kept a $200,000 “fee” for obtaining the $500,000, however “no such $500,000 was ever recovered, nor was any such money ever sent to Forge Consulting LLC”

“Murdaugh knowingly and dishonestly asserted the recovery of phantom funds for the purpose of artificially inflating the fee he could retain from funds he held in trust for Martin’s benefit,” the new indictment reads.

Fits says that LE has this physical evidence and this dude has been in jail for 6 months but investigators can’t crack him? Is AM, who supposedly didn’t know some basic fact on law just this legally slick? They have rolled Hell’s Angels in less than 6 months but this AM guy.....

I have less faith each day.

Fits says that LE has this physical evidence and this dude has been in jail for 6 months but investigators can’t crack him? Is AM, who supposedly didn’t know some basic fact on law just this legally slick? They have rolled Hell’s Angels in less than 6 months but this AM guy.....

I have less faith each day.

Personally, I believe it's taking so long because there are so many people involved. They have to be careful about which houses of cards they want to fall. :rolleyes:

Don't mind me; I've spent 10K in the last year fighting a case that ended up being thrown out - because of the SC good ol' boys. :mad:

I'm newly transplanted here in SC ( 2 yrs ). Came from a big town in CA. This case is local to me. IMO, corruption is rampant in big towns & small towns. It all needs to be weeded out. I think it's taking a long time on this case because there are a lot of people involved and it probably goes way back, timewise. Meaning, this guy has been dirty from the get-go. And the deeper they go, the more they find and the more good ol boys are being found out. Fingers crossed justice is served.

Personally, I believe it's taking so long because there are so many people involved. They have to be careful about which houses of cards they want to fall. :rolleyes:

Don't mind me; I've spent 10K in the last year fighting a case that ended up being thrown out - because of the SC good ol' boys. :mad:
I’m quoting myself for clarity - I spent $$ defending a case that was eventually thrown out —because it should have never gone forward. No grounds. But shoulder slaps and handshakes got this case in front of a judge, as a favor to the plaintiff, who “wanted her day in court.” Only in SC?

I’m quoting myself for clarity - I spent $$ defending a case that was eventually thrown out —because it should have never gone forward. No grounds. But shoulder slaps and handshakes got this case in front of a judge, as a favor to the plaintiff, who “wanted her day in court.” Only in SC?

Horror stories of good old boy corruption are pretty normal in this state. I had to push a case to court once because someone wouldn’t own an error so the judge did it for them. That was just foolish pride and not admitting a mistake.

My thinking isn’t far from Nellie and Worm but I feel like the scenario is probably close to what the former FBI agent Bobby Chacon speculated in a recent Impact of Influence podcast — Alex arranged for the murders and was that night probably involved steering the victims into a kill zone.

If that is the case and the gunners were hired, they may be on the run, overseas, and hard to even find. Just an idea because there are a lot of other good theories being posted.

OMO.

We need them to get this right!

-+-+-+-

FYI: Scott Reisch on Friday’s Crime Talk talked with Gigi the host of podcast Pretty Lies & Alibis. At the 18:30 marker they begin discussing our Murdaugh case. Gigi lives in Greenville and Scott was stationed at Paris Island for four years — both invested in S.C. — some unique insights but also a few of factual errors. Might be an interesting listen while we wait.

LIVE From Las Vegas CRIMECON 2022 Day 2 | Crime Talk With Scott Reisch, 30 April 2022

similar thing happened to me.... but, my auto insurance co. represented me - it was a fender bender with no bodily injury and total repair costs of $3K. somehow this old joker got a suit before the county grand jury. the judge dismissed it, and insurance paid to get cars fixed. afterwards, the plaintiff's atty came up and apologized for taking it that far. but, plaintiff was an old friend of the family. West Columbia, SC

similar thing happened to me.... but, my auto insurance co. represented me - it was a fender bender with no bodily injury and total repair costs of $3K. somehow this old joker got a suit before the county grand jury. the judge dismissed it, and insurance paid to get cars fixed. afterwards, the plaintiff's atty came up and apologized for taking it that far. but, plaintiff was an old friend of the family. West Columbia, SC

You’re lucky that he didn’t hire the Murtaugh firm.

Yes

Each barrel can be loaded with a different shell, which gives the shooter additional choices and the ability to use strategy in competitions.

Advantages And Disadvantages Of An Over Under Shotgun - IFA Tactical

(Maybe AM pre-loaded the shotgun with both birdshot and buckshot to throw off investigators to make them think that, along with the assault rifle that killed MM, there were 3 guns and 3 shooters?)

IMHO, from the very beginning I've always thought it would have been very easy for AM alone to have killed MM and PM with two very different guns, since they arrived at Moselle at different times (only have to 'control' one victim at a time). Again, misdirect investigators into a "two shooters" theory.

(Maybe AM pre-loaded the shotgun with both birdshot and buckshot to throw off investigators to make them think that, along with the assault rifle that killed MM, there were 3 guns and 3 shooters?)

IMHO, from the very beginning I've always thought it would have been very easy for AM alone to have killed MM and PM with two very different guns, since they arrived at Moselle at different times (only have to 'control' one victim at a time). Again, misdirect investigators into a "two shooters" theory.
Forgot to mention something about shotguns with both bird and buck shot.

From what I’ve heard in rural areas and places where firearms are common in a household, shotguns are often left around ready and loaded as a defense arm. In such case as a defense weapon, it’s prudent for them to be loaded with both bird and buck shot.

The strategy, if needed, is to first fire the bird shot to make sure the intruder (possibly moving or in the dark) is hit since the spread is wider. Then the second fire is taken with buckshot when the intruder is less likely to be moving and easier to hit.

This suggests, as others have speculated, that the shotgun used on Paul might have been lying around the property, and brought to the scene as a defense weapon.

OMO.

Last edited:
Sounds to me (as a lifelong shooter/hunter, who owns a dozen shotguns) that the gun was picked up to deal with an emergency, and the person handling it just grabbed whichever shells were handy and stuffed them into the gun.

If I knew that trouble was coming, I wouldn't use birdshot.

Federal charges may be imminent!

“Sources say the federal grand jury….has been active for months, even though it has not yet issued any indictments. It is investigating how Murdaugh and others may have interacted with Palmetto State Bank in Hampton, a bank where Murdaugh and his former law firm had millions of dollars in various accounts.
In addition to probing financial crimes, the state grand jury is also said to be investigating the unsolved killings last June of his wife, Maggie, and son, Paul, at the family’s Colleton County estate.”

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article260989572.html#storylink=cpy

Has it been released which of the victims was shot first?

Because if Paul was not supposed to be there…we could have a scenario where AM lured his wife there and thought they'd be alone. He confronts her by the kennels, shooting as she tried to flee.

PM hears the gunshots, grabs the gun loaded with birdshot/buckshot, probably kept at the house, and runs down to see whats going on. Shocked at seeing his son arrive, and caught at the crime scene, the much larger AM struggles with PM to get the gun away and it goes off. AM has to then ‘finish the job.”

But this would account for his statement…moaning why did PM have to get involved? He only meant to kill Maggie.

Last edited:

Because if Paul was not supposed to be there…we could have a scenario where AM lured his wife there and thought they'd be alone. He confronts her by the kennels, shooting as she tried to flee.

PM hears the gunshots, grabs the gun loaded with birdshot/buckshot, probably kept at the house, and runs down to sed whats going on. Shocked at seeing his son arrive, and caught at the crime scene, the much larger AM struggles with PM to get the gun away and it goes off. AM has to then ‘finish the job.”

Butbthis would account his statement…moaning why did PM have to get involved? He only meant to kill Maggie.

I believe Paul was unintended. MOO

PM hears the gunshots, grabs the gun loaded with birdshot/buckshot, probably kept at the house, and runs down to see whats going on. Shocked at seeing his son arrive, and caught at the crime scene, the much larger AM struggles with PM to get the gun away and it goes off. AM has to then ‘finish the job.”

But this would account for his statement…moaning why did PM have to get involved? He only meant to kill Maggie.
@StMary, good to hear from you again. Been missing your analysis and posts!

Yes, I would say a lot of folks agree with you.

Houses Sell, A Funeral Home Loan, and What It Means | Murdaugh Family Murders: Impact of Influence, 3 May 2022

Legal analyst, John Snyder, joins Matt and Seton to break down a lot of legal questions that have come up over who gets the money when two Murdaugh homes sell. Plus, legal questions surrounding the Palmetto State Bank.

Thanks for this. In the battle of the Murdaugh podcasts I quite enjoy the relative calm of this one, and Snyder is an interesting listen.

@RealRileyBenson

South Carolina Attorney General Alan Wilson just announced three new superseding charges against Alex Murdaugh, Russel Laffitte and suspended attorney Cory Fleming.

FR8QnOYXoAAX1Bt
FR8QnOaWYAobZZW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members