SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed the same. Paul being partially inside one of the kennels, if true, makes me think he did not die in say a self-propelled confrontation with the killer after seeing his mother shot down. That's what I'd always thought probably happened. Even that he may have come running with the shotgun he was killed with.

If he was partially inside one of those small kennels multiple possibilities come to mind.
1) He was possibly trying to hide himself, to be overlooked
2) He was inside the kennel getting a photo of his friend's dog to send to them, saw his Mom get shot numerous times and yelled out, drawing the killer's attention and then deadly force. He could have been shot threw the fencing even.
3) He was shot in one spot and dragged to another.
4) Shot in one spot, was badly injured stumbling but didn't make it too far before the killer caught up to him for the second shot.

Any others?
I think PM was video taping with his cell when MM and AM got into an argument. I think he was killed when he tried to get between his parents as AM pulled that shotgun to kill MM. 00 buck shot at point blank range would have propelled him partially back into the kennel behind the fencing.

Then MM took off running and AM, having emptied the shotgun on PM, grabbed his trusty AR rifle.

JMO

I think PM was video taping with his cell when MM and AM got into an argument. I think he was killed when he tried to get between his parents as AM pulled that shotgun to kill MM. 00 buck shot at point blank range would have propelled him partially back into the kennel behind the fencing.

Then MM took off running and AM, having emptied the shotgun on PM, grabbed his trusty AR rifle.

JMO
But from the pictures recently posted here, that show the kennels more up close, aren't the openings to each cell inside the whole structure and don't open from the outside? So PM would have to have been inside under the roof to be found partially inside one of the cells?

Omg

From a fall of mere feet?

How many people around this man have died?

He's like the hospice cat, only far more sinister. May all his dirty secrets be made known.

The love of money, no heart for people.

How many other deaths might be linked to this finally-charged murderer?

Time to open more tombs?

JMO
He's like the hospice cat

LMAO

Officials announced the pending charges the day before, and on Wednesday Murdaugh's former family law firm, now called Parker Law Group, posted the following statement on its website:

"Today’s news (7/12/22) is sad and upsetting. Our thoughts turn to Maggie and to Paul whom we loved and who we miss. Everyday we grieve for them. Justice must be served. If the charges reported today are true and just, we ask for our judicial system to act swiftly and to bring a conclusion to this heinous situation."

Parker Law Group,

Not PMPED now huh?

JMO

Crushed skull and 12 broken vertebrae!? That was one heck of a fall! Does anyone have a picture of those steps GS supposedly fell down? Wood or cement?
8 brick steps. There is a great picture of them a few posts back on a daily mail article.

I have steeper steps on my front porch which is one solid cement porch about 10'x6' and 9 steps high. I fell down them one winter when I slipped on the iced over porch motivating hubby to put down some grip strips. I got some scrapes (road rash type) on my back and a bruised elbow. Hurt like heck for a few days but I lived and even went on to work after the fall.

JMO

But from the pictures recently posted here, that show the kennels more up close, aren't the openings to each cell inside the whole structure and don't open from the outside? So PM would have to have been inside under the roof to be found partially inside one of the cells?
If you look in that prior daily mail article showing close ups of the kennel, the gate to each separate cage opens right off the front sidewalk. The front sidewalk is completely open to the outside and does not have a fence surrounding it evidenced by the two large flower pots on the sidewalk in front and the coiled water hose hanging outside one of the kennel cages.

I think I mentioned a week or so after the murders my brother had a kennel for his beagles very similar to that one.

If he was shot on the sidewalk in front of an open cage the force of the 00 buckshot would have propelled him backwards partially into the cage. Frankly if it was point blank range it possibly lifted him off his feet.

But there are posters who are far more knowledgeable about guns than I am. Maybe one of them will weigh in.
JMO

If the property hadn't already been sold, some enterprising person with $3.9 million to spare could buy the property and rent it out to movie companies for a set for the inevitable films that will be made about this case.
This case is like biting into a beautiful ripe red apple and finding it rotten to the core.

JMO

Looks like some assets were sold off in May of this year around $700K. I don't think Moselle property has officially sold yet.

Murdaugh’s assets sold off, including island and share of hunting club

Heavy machinery and equipment, totaling $171,500, were sold to buyers, including AM’s brother, R, to whom A was indebted. Some proceeds were earmarked for Sunrise Rehab facility in Orlando, where Murdaugh received treatment for opioid addiction.

Murdaugh’s share of Green Swamp Hunting Club was sold for $250,000. Real estate website Lands of America describes the club as a 7,000-acre plot of land in Jasper County.

A stake in “2TI” island was sold for $30,000, and an equity buy-out from his former law firm’s building and property totaled more than $188,000.
Hmmmm. Could another of his college buddies own Sunrise Rehab?

JMO

There are 7 small brick steps up to the porch. At the bottom is earth & gravel. IMO there’s no way a fall down these steps, which are not steep, would crush her skull.View attachment 354351
It was noted in the insurance claim she fell UP them not down. No way these steps caused 12 broken vertebrae and a crushed skull. Not up or down, but especially not UP.

After reading this article, with all the contradictory statements and facts surrounding Gloria's injuries, I'm left with the impression that Alex was home and he caused the injuries. He arrived too fast for him to be anywhere but home. If she was there to pick up a cheque, who, other than Alex, was going to give her the cheque since Maggie and Paul were still in bed at 9 AM and didn't appear to be expecting her?

My impression is that Alex viewed Gloria as a living $5 million insurance claim until he decided to cash-in. He carefully crafted the facts to eliminate any obstacle in obtaining the insurance money. It seems that he viewed Paul and Maggie in terms of financial worth as well. Paul was a financial problem with the boating accident. Maggie was speaking to a divorce lawyer and was interested in a forensic analysis of the family finances.

Alex seems to view people in terms of financial strategies and personal profit.
This right here! AM is behind everything. What happened to GS is no different. He did it and left, pretending to be at work.

The fall caused Maggie Murdaugh to wake up sometime after 9 a.m. She awakened her son Paul, who was also sleeping, and called 9-1-1 at 9:24 a.m.

Alex Murdaugh said he was at work at the time, 20 minutes away, and that his wife had called him at 9:45 a.m. to tell him about the fall. He “rushed to the scene,” arriving “before” emergency medical technicians … who were there at 9:41 a.m.

When she fell ascending the front stairs at the Murdaughs’ Moselle home

I haven't been in here for a while because I just couldn't stand the waiting.:)
So why the two guns? Did PM bring one out there maybe? I hope he didn't see AM kill MM.
We all figured AM killed them both...but for me the actual charges of him killing his onw son ...that's just really brings it home. Just gross.

Last edited:
If you look in that prior daily mail article showing close ups of the kennel, the gate to each separate cage opens right off the front sidewalk. The front sidewalk is completely open to the outside and does not have a fence surrounding it evidenced by the two large flower pots on the sidewalk in front and the coiled water hose hanging outside one of the kennel cages.

I think I mentioned a week or so after the murders my brother had a kennel for his beagles very similar to that one.

If he was shot on the sidewalk in front of an open cage the force of the 00 buckshot would have propelled him backwards partially into the cage. Frankly if it was point blank range it possibly lifted him off his feet.

But there are posters who are far more knowledgeable about guns than I am. Maybe one of them will weigh in.
JMO
Thanks for clarifying that for me. I thought the open/close to each cell was on the far side in those kennel photos. Goodness what horrible images come to mind of just how these murders occured. If AM is proven to have committed them, what kind of monster that would make him, just tragic to think of harming one's own child </3

Eric Bland: 'I've been to the property the stairs are very steep, they're pointed brick, she would definitely have tumbled twice if she fell from the top, but from my clients' standpoint it's highly emotional…you don't know the condition the coffin is going to be in and her husband was interred with her, so it never ends.'

Eric Bland (attorney for Gloria Satterfield's sons) needs to get with the program. She fell while climbing UP the stairs, not going DOWN the stairs. But, really, if Maggie and Paul were still sleeping, who actually saw her "fall"? Alex? Though he claims not to have been there at the time. So I guess when Maggie found her, she determined how it happened based upon where she landed after her "fall". That's what she stated in her 911 call; Maggie made it clear that Gloria fell going UP the stairs.

And who let the dogs out? Supposedly, according to Alex, Gloria was tripped up by the dogs. I doubt that they are just let out by themselves, free to roam at will on the property. If nobody was up yet, and Alex had gone on to work, what were the dogs doing out of the house?

I do believe that it was Alex. I guess we'll know more when they exhume her body.

I haven't been in here for a while because I just couldn't stand the waiting.:)
So why the two guns? Did PM bring one out there maybe? I hope he didn't see AM kill MM.
We all figured AM killed them both...but for me the actual charges of him killing his onw son ...that's just really brings it home. Just gross.
Possible explanation/speculation for the 2 guns: AM came prepared with a back-up gun in case something went wrong. His plan was to kill MM and did not know that PM was there. JMO.

It was noted in the insurance claim she fell UP them not down. No way these steps caused 12 broken vertebrae and a crushed skull. Not up or down, but especially not UP.
The only things I can think of that would cause those types of injuries are
1) Being hit by a car at significant speed
2) I hate to say this but being stomped to death in a violent manner.
3) A SEVERE case of Osteoporosis
IMO the car makes the most sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
TY! I hadn’t thought of that. An in person phone hand over? Or am I misunderstanding this. i guess there are a few ways this could be done. Regardless, the Law firm must be held accountable.
Or they could have an automated AVRU — “If you know the extension of the party you are calling please enter it now. For a directory of employees press 2. To speak to the receptionist press 3”. Many call routing systems can be programmed to transfer an extension’s calls to an outside landline or someone’s cell phone. They can be programmed by the administrator to always transfer, roll over to the cell phone if the extension doesn’t answer after x rings or the extension owner themselves can turn the transfer on and off as with call forwarding.

Hopefully the law office uses a system that records programming history. It will be interesting to see what programming changes were made the day after the jail calls were made public. And even more interesting to see if those changes were made by the administrator or an individual user.

I imagine w/many routimg systems it’s possible to press a code and clear the programming history. Not that it matters because of course no one at the firm would ever intentionally do that. But electronic systems are notorious for annoying random crashes that often result in the unfortunate loss of data…. Right?

Last edited:
Crushed skull and 12 broken vertebrae!? That was one heck of a fall! Does anyone have a picture of those steps GS supposedly fell down? Wood or cement?

Holy crap. Those are the kinds of injuries you'd expect from being smashed with a baseball bat, being hit by a car, falling off a mountain, etc. AM killed her, too. No doubt in my mind. JMO

Omg

From a fall of mere feet?

How many people around this man have died?

He's like the hospice cat, only far more sinister. May all his dirty secrets be made known.

The love of money, no heart for people.

How many other deaths might be linked to this finally-charged murderer?

Time to open more tombs?

JMO
I am grateful he has FINALLY been charged!

I realize this case is extremely serious and murder is never amusing, but this statement about the Hospice Cat... Quite possibly the funniest thing I have ever read on WS! Thank you for adding a bit of dark humor. Absolutely hilarious!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back