SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only things I can think of that would cause those types of injuries are
1) Being hit by a car at significant speed
2) I hate to say this but being stomped to death in a violent manner.
3) A SEVERE case of Osteoporosis
IMO the car makes the most sense.
There were even more injuries besides the 12 broken vertebrae and crushed skull:

According to a 2018 report from attorney Scott Wallinger, who was hired by Lloyds of London to represent Alex Murdaugh in the case, Gloria sustained a right-sided head laceration, a right-sided subdural hematoma, a traumatic brain injury, multiple left-side posterior rib fractures, a partially collapsed lung and a plumonary contusion.
Prior to her death on Feb. 26, 2018, “she had surgery to repair her broken ribs and to reconstruct her chest wall, and to remove significant blood in her chest cavity.”
“The (subdural hematoma) was evaluated to not be operable,” the report said. “Doctors also suspected but never located a bowel perforation. She had bilateral chest drains. There is charting by radiology to the effect that at one point her endotracheal tube was positioned too far in (touching the carina) and that an arterial line was in the wrong place, both of which eventually were rectified.

Where I live is cow country. There are many working ranches around here along with rodeos and farmers. Both men and women work them and a lot of them are older than GS.

I have seen a lot of people I know injured in my very long life (I am 3 days older than dirt lol) and heard of a lot more. Being bucked off a horse or bull, rolling an ATV or riding mower over on you, rolling a pickup truck, falling off tractors, combines ect, having heavy machinery roll forward and hit you, getting pinned between trucks. And that's just an ordinary day at the office for a lot of people around here. The majority walk away with a few broken ribs, maybe a broken collar bone or shoulder, a broken leg, or foot or in extreme cases a hip.

Just one kind of famous example of what goes on around here. lol

That is not even counting what the teenagers get up to on weekends with some of those double dog dare you's.

Seeing and hearing what goes on around here where people are not injured that badly, I think the kind of injuries GS had comes from a catastrophic incident. I can't even imagine unless someone took a baseball bat and beat the crap out of her or as you said stomped her with some heavy hunting boots or hit her at high speed with a heavy farm truck.

It is overwhelming to think of what she went through and the pain she suffered.

I don't know what happened to her but I am pretty sure it didn't happen falling UP 8 steps to a porch. Or down.

Guess we will know after they exhume her and do a formal autopsy.

I could be wrong.

JMO

Last edited:
There were even more injuries besides the 12 broken vertebrae and crushed skull:

According to a 2018 report from attorney Scott Wallinger, who was hired by Lloyds of London to represent Alex Murdaugh in the case, Gloria sustained a right-sided head laceration, a right-sided subdural hematoma, a traumatic brain injury, multiple left-side posterior rib fractures, a partially collapsed lung and a plumonary contusion.
Prior to her death on Feb. 26, 2018, “she had surgery to repair her broken ribs and to reconstruct her chest wall, and to remove significant blood in her chest cavity.”
“The (subdural hematoma) was evaluated to not be operable,” the report said. “Doctors also suspected but never located a bowel perforation. She had bilateral chest drains. There is charting by radiology to the effect that at one point her endotracheal tube was positioned too far in (touching the carina) and that an arterial line was in the wrong place, both of which eventually were rectified.

Where I live is cow country. There are many working ranches around here along with rodeos and farmers. Both men and women work them and a lot of them are older than GS.

I have seen a lot of people I know injured in my very long life (I am 3 days older than dirt lol) and heard of a lot more. Being bucked off a horse or bull, rolling an ATV or riding mower over on you, rolling a pickup truck, falling off tractors, combines ect, having heavy machinery roll forward and hit you, getting pinned between trucks. And that's just an ordinary day at the office for a lot of people around here. The majority walk away with a few broken ribs, maybe a broken collar bone or shoulder, a broken leg, or foot or in extreme cases a hip.

That is not even counting what the teenagers get up to on weekends with some of those double dog dare you's.

Seeing and hearing what goes on around here where people are not injured that badly, I think the kind of injuries GS had comes from a catastrophic incident. I can't even imagine unless someone took a baseball bat and beat the crap out of her or as you said stomped her with some heavy hunting boots or hit her at high speed with a heavy farm truck.

I don't know what happened to her but I am pretty sure it didn't happen falling UP 8 steps to a porch. Or down.

I could be wrong.

JMO
I can't get over the fact that neither LE or the doctors who treated her reported this as a possible crime or at the very least suspicious. I guess money really does talk in this area.

Holy crap. Those are the kinds of injuries you'd expect from being smashed with a baseball bat, being hit by a car, falling off a mountain, etc. AM killed her, too. No doubt in my mind. JMO
AM killed her, too.

I know I do not believe for a New York minute that story about her sustaining all those injuries falling UP 8 porch steps.

JMO

I think PM was video taping with his cell when MM and AM got into an argument. I think he was killed when he tried to get between his parents as AM pulled that shotgun to kill MM. 00 buck shot at point blank range would have propelled him partially back into the kennel behind the fencing.

Then MM took off running and AM, having emptied the shotgun on PM, grabbed his trusty AR rifle.

JMO
No. I've shot a whole pile of deer with 00 buck, (most of which would have weighed less than Paul), and it doesn't "propel" them anywhere. They just drop in their tracks (or, if they're running, their momentum carries them for a bit in the direction of the run). Gunshot wounds in real life don't do the stuff that Hollywood puts in movies.

I could be wrong but I think Mom knew Son was there but Dad didn't. When Mom realized the danger she was in, she tried to flee toward the kennels (sheer instinct, toward help), where Dad discovered Son. Son may have been exiting the kennel when gunned down.

I can't begin to fathom the terror of that night.

JMO

I could be wrong but I think Mom knew Son was there but Dad didn't. When Mom realized the danger she was in, she tried to flee toward the kennels (sheer instinct, toward help), where Dad discovered Son. Son may have been exiting the kennel when gunned down.

JMO

Me too.

I would love to know where MM parked, at the house or dog kennels.
If PM was there to tend to dogs I would imagine he parked there.
Still baffled by his college dorm room door being left ajar.

Jmo

On Sept. 23, someone who owed a nearly $1 million mortgage to Alex Murdaugh from 2013 paid it off. Records don’t indicate how much money changed hands.

Hope this comes out at trial, who owed him that amount for 8 yrs?
Or is it possible this money part of what was stolen.

Just doesn’t make sense. Seems there would have to have been a property transfer.

Jmo

JMO
To piggy back off of this theory, do we know for certain in what direction Maggie was facing when she was shot in the back, towards the kennels or towards the house? I swear I read or heard that it was towards the house at some point, but now I can’t seem to find anything! TIA!

To piggy back off of this theory, do we know for certain in what direction Maggie was facing when she was shot in the back, towards the kennels or towards the house? I swear I read or heard that it was towards the house at some point, but now I can’t seem to find anything! TIA!
It seems to me like PM was killed first and MM ran from the killings only to be shot in the back.
I haven''t seen where its been discussed but I would bet she's running from the kennels so facing away from them.
I don't know what the motivation would be to kill PM, other than his legal fees were adding up, but I just have a feeling he was killed first.

I could be wrong.

JMO
Sounds like the medical care she received was sub-par at best. Scary.....I moved to this neck of the woods 2 years ago and am really noticing how things are....should I say "different" out here. IMO

Regarding the use of 2 guns- I heard on a local podcast that it was not unusual for the Murdaugh's to have guns left out on their property. Especially the one used to kill PM. It was a hunting property. So, in essence, maybe AM shot MM with Gun#1 but used all the ammo and was not expecting to have to kill PM so he grabbed Gun#2 to finish the job?

There were a number of articles that came out in early June that stated according to investigators Maggie “froze” then ran.

“Investigators believe Maggie Murdaugh initially froze and then ran from the gunman before falling to the ground. She received a bullet wound to the back of her head at close range while lying facedown, multiple sources have told FITSNews.”

I thought that was a curious thing to say. Why would they not just say “she ran”. Why would you assume or believe she froze first unless you saw it through video or a witness says so.
My guess is she froze because she either saw PM killed or she saw AM get a weapon and knew he was there to kill her. She turned and ran either trying to get to the house or her car.

Sounds like the medical care she received was sub-par at best. Scary.....I moved to this neck of the woods 2 years ago and am really noticing how things are....should I say "different" out here. IMO
I'm not sure what you mean by sub-par care. Do you mean this?

"There is charting by radiology to the effect that at one point her endotracheal tube was positioned too far in (touching the carina) and that an arterial line was in the wrong place, both of which eventually were rectified.” ??

As an experienced ICU nurse I can tell you that those procedures are ALWAYS followed up by x-rays precisely to determine if the placement is exactly where it should be. Probably 50% of the time- those adjustments to placement are made post-imaging. This is absolutely normal everyday procedures in an ICU environment (ER as well).

This case is beginning to get lots of coverage on national cable tv networks. I wonder if AM will continue to get attention by MSM? I hope that once MSM begins digging, there will be reporting on all the side stories connected with Murdaugh and his associates.

"A time and place have been set for Alex Murdaugh’s bond hearing on two new murder charges announced Thursday. Attorneys will gather at the Colleton County Courthouse in Walterboro for the hearing at 10 a.m. Wednesday, July 20, the S.C. Attorney General’s Office announced late Thursday. Judge Clifton Newman will decide whether Murdaugh will receive a bond after being charged in the murder of his wife Maggie and son Paul at the family’s Colleton County estate in June 2021. The Attorney General’s Office confirmed that Murdaugh will appear in court in person for the hearing."

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article260233370.html#storylink=cpy

There were a number of articles that came out in early June that stated according to investigators Maggie “froze” then ran.

“Investigators believe Maggie Murdaugh initially froze and then ran from the gunman before falling to the ground. She received a bullet wound to the back of her head at close range while lying facedown, multiple sources have told FITSNews.”

I thought that was a curious thing to say. Why would they not just say “she ran”. Why would you assume or believe she froze first unless you saw it through video or a witness says so.
My guess is she froze because she either saw PM killed or she saw AM get a weapon and knew he was there to kill her. She turned and ran either trying to get to the house or her car.
If Maggie was shot/injured prior to unfreezing and running, perhaps there was evidence of blood pooling in an initial location, apart from the pool of blood she was likely found in.

I know intellectually that sociopaths wear shoes just like the rest of us (monsters, blending in) but I'll never be able to grasp emotionally how a man can bed a woman, create a family, and gun them down, in a calculus for self-gain.

I can't flush a dead goldfish.

He is hell's breath.

JMO

I could be wrong.

JMO
Is there a window on second story above stairs or access to roof? Unless she had osteoporosis I find it hard to believe a tumble down a few stairs caused that much damage. Yes they are stone but that reads as some pretty catastrophic damage. Falling out a second story window or off the roof on to the stairs seems a bit more plausible.

Edited to add: found some better pictures. What I call a 1.5 story, with dormers. So maybe some kind of ladder to clean or change light bulbs, doubt she was cleaning the gutters. Seems like ladder would have been mentioned though.

My grandfather in his late 60’s fell out of bed and busted ribs and did some internal damage. He also was chain smoker, hard drinker and thought they had studio 54 going on in the area in the 70’s so not the best example of health.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member