SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fall caused Maggie Murdaugh to wake up sometime after 9 a.m. She awakened her son Paul, who was also sleeping, and called 9-1-1 at 9:24 a.m.

Alex Murdaugh said he was at work at the time, 20 minutes away, and that his wife had called him at 9:45 a.m. to tell him about the fall. He “rushed to the scene,” arriving “before” emergency medical technicians … who were there at 9:41 a.m.

Maggie calls Alex 9:45 he’s 20 minutes away, puts it at 10:05 arrival. Emergency technicians receive call from Maggie at 9:24 arrive at 9:41.

So he got there 4 minutes before Maggie called.

Is that right.

Or was he there?.

Jmo

Maggie calls Alex 9:45 he’s 20 minutes away, puts it at 10:05 arrival. Emergency technicians receive call from Maggie at 9:24 arrive at 9:41.

Is that right.

Or was he there?.

Jmo
I know we're suspecting every kind of thing imaginable, but what if AM caused GS's injuries before he left for work? I mean it's not like we don't have plenty of reason to be suspect here, they are going to exhume her remains, that is not done lightly at all, it's pretty unheard of.

Something tangible led LE to request that, and remember there was the statement that they also found 'something' connected to SS's death while investigating the murders? I wonder if GS came across something incriminating against AM or one of the boys?

MOO

Is that right.

Or was he there?.

Jmo
Officially the only people at Moselle at the time was Maggie and Paul, supposedly......

Is that right.

Or was he there?.

Jmo
After reading this article, with all the contradictory statements and facts surrounding Gloria's injuries, I'm left with the impression that Alex was home and he caused the injuries. He arrived too fast for him to be anywhere but home. If she was there to pick up a cheque, who, other than Alex, was going to give her the cheque since Maggie and Paul were still in bed at 9 AM and didn't appear to be expecting her?

My impression is that Alex viewed Gloria as a living $5 million insurance claim until he decided to cash-in. He carefully crafted the facts to eliminate any obstacle in obtaining the insurance money. It seems that he viewed Paul and Maggie in terms of financial worth as well. Paul was a financial problem with the boating accident. Maggie was speaking to a divorce lawyer and was interested in a forensic analysis of the family finances.

Alex seems to view people in terms of financial strategies and personal profit.

This is the first time I've read that Paul was half inside a dog kennel when he was shot. Were Maggie and Paul at the kennels to put the dogs to bed for the night? Was that the normal routine, or did Alex release one of the dogs to lure Maggie and Paul out of the house to put the dog back in the kennel?

"According to several sources, Paul's body was found partially inside one of the kennels, while his mother's was several feet away, leading investigators to believe that she ran from her killer before being gunned down. At least two of her gunshot wounds were believed to have been inflicted while she was on the ground.

Maggie was living separately from Murdaugh at the family's home in Edisto Beach and that she had only gone to Moselle on the night of her death 'reluctantly' and on Murdaugh's request."

Dailymail

Attachments

• 1657835288855.png
    1657835288855.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
RULE 421
CERTIFICATION OF ATTORNEYS
IN DEATH PENALTY CASES

(a) Classes of Certified Attorneys. There shall be two classes of attorneys certified to handle death penalty cases: lead counsel and second counsel.

(b) Lead Counsel. Lead counsel shall have at least five years experience as a licensed attorney and at least three years experience in the actual trial of felony cases. The application for certification to act as lead counsel shall be on a form designated by the Supreme Court.

(c) Second Counsel. Second counsel shall have at least three years experience as a licensed attorney. Second counsel is not required to be further certified to be eligible for appointment.

Last edited by a moderator:
RULE 421
CERTIFICATION OF ATTORNEYS
IN DEATH PENALTY CASES

(a) Classes of Certified Attorneys. There shall be two classes of attorneys certified to handle death penalty cases: lead counsel and second counsel.

(b) Lead Counsel. Lead counsel shall have at least five years experience as a licensed attorney and at least three years experience in the actual trial of felony cases. The application for certification to act as lead counsel shall be on a form designated by the Supreme Court.

(c) Second Counsel. Second counsel shall have at least three years experience as a licensed attorney. Second counsel is not required to be further certified to be eligible for appointment.

Thank you for this!

This is the first time I've read that Paul was half inside a dog kennel when he was shot. Were Maggie and Paul at the kennels to put the dogs to bed for the night? Was that the normal routine, or did Alex release one of the dogs to lure Maggie and Paul out of the house to put the dog back in the kennel?

"According to several sources, Paul's body was found partially inside one of the kennels, while his mother's was several feet away, leading investigators to believe that she ran from her killer before being gunned down. At least two of her gunshot wounds were believed to have been inflicted while she was on the ground.

Maggie was living separately from Murdaugh at the family's home in Edisto Beach and that she had only gone to Moselle on the night of her death 'reluctantly' and on Murdaugh's request."

Dailymail
There was an article linked in another thread (?) that Paul was supposedly looking after his friend's injured dog who was at their kennel IIRC.

Harp is felony/murder/death penalty qualified but I’m thinking he’ll want to preserve his SC Senate seat base for 2024 (I think that’s his next election?) and will run from this case.

Mr. Harpootlian personally prosecuted hundreds of murder cases, including 12 death penalty cases.

Harp is felony/murder/death penalty qualified but I’m thinking he’ll want to preserve his SC Senate seat base for 2024 (I think that’s his next election?) and will run from this case.

Mr. Harpootlian personally prosecuted hundreds of murder cases, including 12 death penalty cases.

Representing Paul Murdaugh in the boat crash case were veteran defense attorneys Dick Harpootlian and Jim Griffin – both of Columbia, S.C.

This is still ongoing?

If she was standing at the top of the steps facing into the house and was pushed violently backwards, she could have landed on her head and neck and sustained those injuries. The exhumation examination of the head injuries should easily indicate where on her skull the crush/fractures are.
That scenario also would probably not have the expected injuries of her forearms and wrists that she would sustain if she had tried to break her fall. MOO MOO MOO
I hope whomever was there at the time was asked by responders and later her doctors and family just what happened and how. Hopefully that was written down somewhere. Especially if doctors or staff thought anything was amiss with her injuries vs the explanation of what happened.

The fall caused Maggie Murdaugh to wake up sometime after 9 a.m. She awakened her son Paul, who was also sleeping, and called 9-1-1 at 9:24 a.m.

Alex Murdaugh said he was at work at the time, 20 minutes away, and that his wife had called him at 9:45 a.m. to tell him about the fall. He “rushed to the scene,” arriving “before” emergency medical technicians … who were there at 9:41 a.m.

Hummm so nobody at the time said they actually witnessed her fall and the two people who could have recalled it are now dead.

Dailymail
I noticed the same. Paul being partially inside one of the kennels, if true, makes me think he did not die in say a self-propelled confrontation with the killer after seeing his mother shot down. That's what I'd always thought probably happened. Even that he may have come running with the shotgun he was killed with.

If he was partially inside one of those small kennels multiple possibilities come to mind.
1) He was possibly trying to hide himself, to be overlooked
2) He was inside the kennel getting a photo of his friend's dog to send to them, saw his Mom get shot numerous times and yelled out, drawing the killer's attention and then deadly force. He could have been shot threw the fencing even.
3) He was shot in one spot and dragged to another.
4) Shot in one spot, was badly injured stumbling but didn't make it too far before the killer caught up to him for the second shot.

Any others?

As law enforcement closed in on the truth, Alex Murdaugh’s story then became “murder for hire” and a co-conspirator was named. Murdaugh confessed to trying to stage his own death in attempt to leave $10 million in a life insurance policy to his son — a son whose future already included a multimillion dollar inheritance from his grandfather, according to sources.

Gloria's skull was crushed and vertebrae broken.

BBM
  • Speaking to DailyMail.com after news of the double indictment broke, Eric Bland, attorney for Satterfield's sons, said: 'She had a crushed skull and 12 broken vertebrae, so they just want to make sure it wasn't cause by human hands as opposed to a fall'

12? 12? 12? No way you get 12 broken vertebrae from falling UP 8 steps to a house. Not even in a horrific car crash do you get that many broken vertebrae.

How the heck can anyone get 12 broken vertebrae and a crushed skull unless their parachute didn't open from their 15000 foot jump out of an airplane.

Or they were beaten with a ball bat.

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads