SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is how the Defense is posturing their case, they are in deep doo doo. They are asking the Judge to order specific testing? WTH? They are struggling to get things they want and that is out of the scope of what they are entitled to.

Watching DH & JG makes me a little nauseous, they like to yuck it up and act like the good ole' boys they are.

This Judge is not playing, he is awesome to watch and listen to, I'm grateful he is presiding in this case.

IMO

Thank you for all the informative posts @girlhasnoname
It's much appreciated!!
Thanks LDRN, this case has really gotten under my skin. To realize the level of evil that AM is, to be honest, is shocking. That a world like this exists in modern day society is appalling to me.

I believe AM killed MM and PM in cold blood just because things were going to come out with a divorce and PM's criminal trial for the boating accident.

Cold, cruel, evil man.

MOO

Thanks LDRN, this case has really gotten under my skin. To realize the level of evil that AM is, to be honest, is shocking. That a world like this exists in modern day society is appalling to me.

I believe AM killed MM and PM in cold blood just because things were going to come out with a divorce and PM's criminal trial for the boating accident.

Cold, cruel, evil man.

MOO
I couldn't agree more. It's mind boggling the things that this monster has gotten away with.

What a load of crap. Every defense attorney in the world knows that an investigation is rarely complete before a suspect is indicted. In fact, it's common for the investigation to continue right up until trial:

“They indicted him months ago, and now they’re telling us they’re still looking at DNA, they’re still doing an evaluation of DNA,” Harpootlian said. “At what point do they stop investigating this case? They should have stopped before they indicted him.”

Waters revealed that investigators have evidence that shows Murdaugh was present at the scene of the crime that evening.

Waters said cell phone data shows Murdaugh was at the hunting estate’s dog kennels that evening, contradicting Murdaugh’s prior statements that he didn’t go down to the kennels before discovering Maggie and Paul’s bodies there later that night.

Investigators have a video that depicts Murdaugh having a pleasant conversation with his wife and son by the kennels just after 8:44 p.m., Waters said. That was shortly before evidence shows Maggie and Paul’s phones went dark — no longer moving or sending messages — Waters told the judge.

Waters revealed that investigators have evidence that shows Murdaugh was present at the scene of the crime that evening.

Waters said cell phone data shows Murdaugh was at the hunting estate’s dog kennels that evening, contradicting Murdaugh’s prior statements that he didn’t go down to the kennels before discovering Maggie and Paul’s bodies there later that night.

Investigators have a video that depicts Murdaugh having a pleasant conversation with his wife and son by the kennels just after 8:44 p.m., Waters said. That was shortly before evidence shows Maggie and Paul’s phones went dark — no longer moving or sending messages — Waters told the judge.
That's a nice tight window. They know Paul and Maggie were alive at 8:44, their phones go dark at a certain point, and Alex leaves just after 9.

Their phones not being active after he left is absolutely damning.

What a load of crap. Every defense attorney in the world knows that an investigation is rarely complete before a suspect is indicted. In fact, it's common for the investigation to continue right up until trial:

“They indicted him months ago, and now they’re telling us they’re still looking at DNA, they’re still doing an evaluation of DNA,” Harpootlian said. “At what point do they stop investigating this case? They should have stopped before they indicted him.”

A local case was dropped and the state complained about “still gathering evidence” but it leads to the question about what evidence was used for the charge? I see the point both ways but it’s an easy shot for lawyers to take.

This also puts his statement on the 911 call about his son into question if he was seen talking to BOTH of them beforehand.

A local case was dropped and the state complained about “still gathering evidence” but it leads to the question about what evidence was used for the charge? I see the point both ways but it’s an easy shot for lawyers to take.
You need just enough evidence to prove to a judge during the preliminary hearing that there is probable cause to support the charges.

Here, his attorneys waived that hearing, conceding that there was in fact enough evidence to move forward to trial.

In just about every case I've followed, there are outstanding lab results and reports. If you waited for everything, you'd have dangerous people on the streets for a heck of a lot longer.

There are at least two pieces of evidence Waters said are still in “draft form,” and therefore have not been yet provided to the defense. One is cellphone data from a nearby tower being conducted by the FBI. Waters said he has called the federal agency repeatedly and the information should be “ready soon.” Waters said the second item is a timeline being worked on by an agent that “once that is ready, I am happy to share that with the defense,” Waters said.

As much as the defense may want to make this case about Smith, currently indicted for 19 felonies, Waters told Newman, “This case is not about Curtis Eddie Smith. Curtis Eddie Smith is not the center of this particular case.”

Countering Waters, Harpootlian said he isn’t saying Smith committed the murders, but added it “certainly sounds like” Smith could have done it and, as Murdaugh’s attorney, it’s his “duty to pursue.” “Mr. Waters knows that Mr. Smith visits the murder scene on numerous occasions to commit illegal acts by leaving drugs there, so we know he knew how to get there surreptitiously,” Harpootlian said. “We know his DNA, as of today, has not been tested under Maggie’s fingernails.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member