SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As Blanca found pots in the fridge, 'did they eat'?
Were dirty plates left out?
Were autopsies done on stomach contents?

Who finally washed pots?
How much food remained?
Yes and as in what condition the house was in and the things in sight...what she did to straighten up as he asked her to do.

So who was trying to plant the seed that AM had a history of attacks going back to 2009? Probably more insurance fraud by AM himself! JMO

Bluffton Today
7/9/2009

HAMPTON - Local and state police are still searching for a suspect in connection with an apparent arson attempt at the home of a local attorney.

Firefighters responded to a reported structure fire at the home of Alex Murdaugh at 515 Holly St. Extension around 7:30 Friday morning. While the fire was quickly distinguished, evidence at the scene has prompted an arson investigation, said Hampton Police Chief Perry McAlhaney.

"We suspect that sometime Thursday night or Friday morning someone spread some kind of accelerant around the house and tried to set it on fire from the back door," said McAlhaney. "Luckily, for some reason it didn't spread through the house and the only thing that burned was the floor mat."
I find all of his insurance claims so odd. I’m his age and have owned plenty of homes. Ive never filed a claim. Ever. Don’t insurance carriers see all of his claims and at some point say hmm… seems to be a pattern here?

I found Blanca to be one of the most credible witnesses to date. She had a professional history working with AM before ever meeting MM. In the end, she appeared to have MM's confidence, and her testimony to me came off as sincere and not trying to take sides.

Being honest about her recollection was sufficient to demonstrate how AM tried to influence her memory as to what he was wearing on June 7. She didn't have to say it -- his actions spoke louder than she could.

Her independent communication with MM also showed MM was lured to return to Moselle on June 7.

It was also clear the murders impacted her and she's grieving the loss of MM and PM. I found her emotion over the deaths of MM/PM more genuine than the husbands.

Surprisingly, Blanca also worked in both the State and Federal prison systems and I think she's since realized that the AM sitting at the defense table is very dangerous. She was only allowed to confirm that she and her police officer husband moved off of the Moselle property on the date of the phony driveby suicide but I wish she was allowed to say that was the moment she knew that AM was responsible for the murders of his family. MOO

ETA: Just as AM used the law firm's runner (Nathan Tuten) to routinely go to the bank to cash checks for AM, this similar check-cashing duty popular with the Murdaughs was assigned to Blanca. However, Blanca shared that MM needed the cash to pay the hired help and we can only speculate what AM was doing with his bank envelopes of cash.
Paying cash to the hired help. Instead of legally employing them and taking out taxes and paying benefits. Of.course they did.

I’m still curious to see where all of the stolen millions of dollars went. I feel like that’s the missing piece of the puzzle. Two kids in college, couple houses (but was applying for a loan for remodeling, not using his stolen millions), housekeepers paid in cash so no benefits or taxes, Mercedes, Gucci, etc. but it seems like his salary and year end bonuses would fund that life? It’s not like they had a private plane, loft in NYC, ski chalet in Switzerland, etc.

I don’t see how the defense can get around the(sound)video of the three of them being at the murder scene. Do you think defense will not address THAT at all? I noticed when it was played for Blanca to identify voices yesterday…AM was looking down and looked whooped for once. He had no nod, cry…just defeat.
The fact alone that AM asked Blanca & her husband to live in his house(mow lawn, feed animals etc) screams that AM knew there was no threat …no murderer(s) still out there!

MOO
I’m so glad she has Maggie’s dog.
Bubba too helped sink AM on that video.

I don’t see how the defense can get around the(sound)video of the three of them being at the murder scene. Do you think defense will not address THAT at all? I noticed when it was played for Blanca to identify voices yesterday…AM was looking down and looked whooped for once. He had no nod, cry…just defeat.
The fact alone that AM asked Blanca & her husband to live in his house(mow lawn, feed animals etc) screams that AM knew there was no threat …no murderer(s) still out there!

MOO
I’m so glad she has Maggie’s dog.
Bubba too helped sink AM on that video.
In its Opening Statement the defense admitted that it was Alex in that recording at the kennels. At 17:50 here. At another point in the opening DH seemed to argue that Alex may not have disclosed everything to LE because he was traumatized, unnerved by the questioning, and thought that LE had already made up their minds that he did it the night of murders. JMO.

I missed most of yesterday's testimony. It looks like the women in Alex's life are turning the tables on him,

CFO - PMPED
SS - Mother's Caregiver
AW - Alex's Paralegal
B - Friend of MM and part-time worker
BR - Mother's Other Caregiver
FBI GunPowder Residue Expert Witness

Perhaps it's because these women were not susceptible to his 'Good Ole' Boy' "Awww, shucks" routines. I think the men around Alex were intimidated by him and/or his influence, his loud, boisterous, bully ways.

I'm glad we heard the testimony we did from them. The State has a solid case, I hope they paint the picture clearly for the jurors in closing arguments, but like Tinsley quoted in previous testimony "it's something a five year old could figure out". :)

#Justice4MaggiePaulMallory

So who was trying to plant the seed that AM had a history of attacks going back to 2009? Probably more insurance fraud by AM himself! JMO

I could completely see Alex faking arson to commit insurance fraud. But, I could also see him stiffing a contractor (probably with some legal mumbo-jumbo) who was then driven to take matters into his own hands.

Either way, you know something sketchy had to be going on and Alex was in the middle of it.

Paying cash to the hired help. Instead of legally employing them and taking out taxes and paying benefits. Of.course they did.
I'm white but I was very offended when Maggie called her help 'Mexicans'. I get the impression that people who they didn't hobnob with were looked down upon. To me, it's very telling the lack of class (despite their wealth) this family appears to have had.

I’m still curious to see where all of the stolen millions of dollars went. I feel like that’s the missing piece of the puzzle. Two kids in college, couple houses (but was applying for a loan for remodeling, not using his stolen millions), housekeepers paid in cash so no benefits or taxes, Mercedes, Gucci, etc. but it seems like his salary and year end bonuses would fund that life? It’s not like they had a private plane, loft in NYC, ski chalet in Switzerland, etc.
I suspect there was a drug (or gun) trafficking ring involved. <modsnip> But this Lowcountry swamp is deep and very corrupt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone else find it suspicious that Randy, Alex's brother, was the one who asked Bianca to wash Maggie's car?.......which then led to Bianca finding Maggie's wedding ring underneath the driver's seat (that apparently a professional detective missed after searching)? I certainly do.

I also hear 4 voices on that Snapchat video. Just saying..........

Does anyone else find it suspicious that Randy, Alex's brother, was the one who asked Bianca to wash Maggie's car?.......which then led to Bianca finding Maggie's wedding ring underneath the driver's seat (that apparently a professional detective missed after searching)? I certainly do.

I also hear 4 voices on that Snapchat video. Just saying..........
You hear 4 voices? I hear Maggie talking about the guinea, Paul saying it's a chicken and Alex calling the dog. What is the fourth voice saying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay