SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember AM and RM3 showing up quickly at the boat scene and then going in and out of hospital rooms to try to shore up the narrative to PM’s (and thus their own) benefit?

I think AM considered Rogan a loose thread and hoped to (1) find out what he knew about PM’s activities that day, particularly involving PM’s time at Moselle and the circumstances that brought PM there that night, (2) influence (and pressure) Rogan to remember that narrative to fit AM’s version of events, and (3) modify his own narrative as necessary to fit what he expected Rogan would tell LE.
I agree with this and I also think that AM would have seen Paul's phone light up with a message from Rogan while he was searching PM for (his phone, some pills, whatever reason he had to flip PM over) and removed the phone from his pocket. That probably sent him into a panick of what Rogan might have seen/heard since the text came in so quickly after the murders. MOO.
He was making sure all the cards were on the table and trying to control that narrative for when LE would, inevitably, come knocking.
"If the police ask, Rogan, you didn't hear me talking in the background and/or murder my family. I was sleeping and then went to my mothers."
JMO.

I totally get that...but I kinda wonder if in this case it was because he was so shaken by what his 2nd shot did to Paul's head that he wasn't able to take Maggie down faster and with more accurate/fewer shots. One of the medical experts said that the wrist shot may have been a continuation of one of the other shots, so we are looking at 4 shots then. He wouldn't have been able to be for sure with shot #3 that it was fatal due to her position, so shot #4 was to make sure. With Paul he had the element of surprise, and it is still debatable as to whether Paul saw Alex or not. Much easier mentally on the shooter if the victim doesn't make eye contact with you. But with Maggie....she knew who was shooting. I think it's guaranteed that they made eye contact. I think the shock from how badly killing Paul had went coupled with having to look Maggie in the eye and interact with her while killing her went a long way to putting a dent in his markmanship.
Or she was running toward the sound of Paul’s shooting, Alex shot her as she was running toward Paul and Alex. He shot her in the thigh/leg to stop her from coming closer. She then turned to get away, went down and he finished his intentions with the kill shots.

Great post!

I would add the frantic efforts to get in touch with Rogan before (and after) first responders arrived. Alex likely knew that Paul was in the middle of 'chatting' with Rogan when he was killed.

For reference, from LE's timeline:

AM hangs up from 911 call @10:17
backlight comes on on Paul's phone for 20 seconds @10:18:08
AM calls Rogan @10:21:25
AM calls Rogan @10:24 and messages him immediately after "please call me"
AM tries to Facetime Rogan @10:25:49 as first responders are arriving
AM chats with first responders 10:26-10:29
AM tries to Facetime Rogan @10:30

And he hadn't even reached out to his one surviving son yet! So, so desperate to reach Rogan. Why? (rhetorical question...I think we all know why)

ETA: typo. "knew" not "new" :rolleyes:
Great point, he should be calling family.

Three people went out to the kennels together and minutes later, only one walked away, AM.
Exactly. The thing that I'm curious about is if Alex does take the stand, surely he will be asked to explain how his voice is heard at the kennels mere minutes before the shooting.
For the life of me I can't think of how he will explain his way out of that one on the stand. It's obvious he was there. Let's see. Did he use his super powers? Hidden airplane? Teleported himself?

Last edited:
Exactly. The thing that I'm curious about is if Alex does take the stand, surely he will be asked to explain how his voice is heard at the kennels mere minutes before the shooting.
For the life of me I can't think of how he will explain his way out of that on the stand. Let's see. Super powers? Hidden airplane? Teleported himself?
This guy is a world class liar. I think they willstart by disputing the time of death. Then i think he will say something like…he WAS there, but he was walking back to the house when he heard the shots. He was a coward and ran to the house instead of doubling back…and then he drove off the property

He was calling MM to see if they were okay. He was in such a panic, he went to his Mother for comfort. Then he returned and when he saw the bodies, was so ashamed of his cowardice. He never wanted anyone to know that he didn’t help them. Blah…blah.

@Cindizzi

No Randy Murdaugh
I believe that Randy is on the 'State and both' list of witnesses, which means that the Defense team didn't need to put him on theirs.
Having said that, I don't think the defense will call him. Randy contradicted Alex's statement that he went home early from the office and he also notified medical staff at the hospital after the roadside incident that Alex was trying to get his hands on his phone.

It’s my understanding he did not tty to call Rogan til after he had “found" Maggie and Paul and called 911
Yes, you are correct.
I just pulled some of these times from the data timeline and found some things interesting.
He was on the phone with 911 for 7 minutes, so that takes us to 10:13 pm, roughly, and he hangs up with 911 saying he has to call family. (Edited to add: yes, I know he drove to his house but I still think it was more than enough time to hide some things and with plans for Blanca to come over and no one from law enforcement searching the house....and he returned to the kennels three minutes before he contacted RM.)
He doesn't make another phone call for well over 6 minutes - plenty of time to clean up a bit, search Paul for the pills or phone and see the 9:58 pm text from Rogan.
After calling his brothers - the next person he contacts is Rogan at 10:21 pm, 10:24 pm and 10:30 pm and even searches a restaurant before contacting BM at 10:44 pm (23 minutes after his 9 minute frantic phone call/texts/face time to Rogan).
Why would contacting Rogan, your dead sons friend, be more important than contacting your surviving son?

9:58 p.m.: After not hearing from Paul or Maggie, Rogan Gibson texts Paul "Yo."
10:05:55 p.m.: Alex puts the vehicle into park by the kennels.
10:06:14 p.m.: Alex calls 911 from the Moselle property. The call is received by Hampton County dispatch before being transferred to Colleton County.
In the 7-minute call, he says he found Maggie and Paul shot and neither were breathing.
During the call, he notes he is not presently by the bodies. He said he touched them after finding them but only to see if they were still breathing.
He hangs up after saying he needed to call family members.
10:19:32 p.m.: Alex Murdaugh calls Randy Murdaugh. The connection lasts 1 second. There is no record of the call in the data extraction of Alex's phone.
10:19:44 p.m.: Alex Murdaugh calls John Marvin Murdaugh. The call lasts 40 seconds. There is no record of the call in the data extraction of Alex's phone.
10:17:49 p.m.: Alex Murdaugh calls Randy Murdaugh. The connection lasts 16 seconds. There is no record of the call in the data extraction of Alex's phone.
10:18:45 p.m.: Alex Murdaugh iMessages Randy Murdaugh, stating, "Pls call me. Emergency."
10:21:25 p.m.: Alex Murdaugh calls Rogan Gibson. There is no answer. Gibson testified he was already asleep.
10:24:43 p.m.: Alex Murdaugh texts Rogan Gibson, stating "Call me."
10:30:31 p.m.: Alex Murdaugh again attempts to FaceTime Rogan Gibson. There is no answer.
10:40 p.m.: Alex Murdaugh searched "Whaley's Edisto" in Safari browser.
10:44:20 p.m.: Alex Murdaugh calls Buster Murdaugh. The connection lasts 8 seconds.
10:45 p.m.: Alex Murdaugh calls Brooklyn White. The connection lasts 13 seconds. There is no record of the call in the data extraction of Alex's call.

Last edited:
The more I look, the more strange Crap pops up...
The woman on this Podcast worked for Fitnews, but now is Independent:
A name not mentioned thus far is Greg Alexander, Police Chief of (SP? Temesso, a small town between Hampton and Bueford) long time friend of the Murdaugh family. Apparently, He was on the scene of he Murders, though outside his District(More than interesting, if true).

2012-Greg Alexander was indicted by a Grand Jury, for stealing $11,000 from motorists and misusing Police Funds.
2016- Grand Jury , historically known for siding with the Murdaugh family, found him Not Guilty, and he returned to his previous position, And Promoted to Chief!(I have to wonder, as someone had to take his place while under investigation, how does that happen, right? So confusing...)
Much more, like AM giving GA $5,000, at the time when he was not paying for Electricity, Taxes, etc... (5 Months ago!)
Murdaugh Murders podcast: Transparency or Trickery
I'd bet 'evidence/stories' will be popping up for years...PEACE to All following this SS. Mooish

I believe that Randy is on the 'State and both' list of witnesses, which means that the Defense team didn't need to put him on theirs.
Having said that, I don't think the defense will call him. Randy contradicted Alex's statement that he went home early from the office and he also notified medical staff at the hospital after the roadside incident that Alex was trying to get his hands on his phone.
Hmm. Well Randy is still in the Law Firm, and was part of the group that said AM had to Go, so this makes sense. He has his own family and reputation to look out for. Time to Cut and Run...

I had a Script for Percocet after my C-Section, and it made me feel happy, relaxed, good outlook on everything, and definitely made me tired. Once the pain subsided, I threw out the rest of the bottle, as it felt Too good, and I didn't want to take the chance of abusing it. Some people react differently, as they have different chemistry. I know a couple people who have to be careful with anything new, as they have had strange, even opposite reactions. How AM functioned on multiple drugs(possibly) I have no idea, but I think he was more of a Dealer than client. MOO

I'm coming round to the idea that he was some sort of dealer, as well (although that sounds so weird - he must have been a very busy man).

You make the excellent point about how opiates affect people differently. When my mom was dying, we found that she had a terrible reaction (and very little pain relief) from morphine, but tolerated some synthetic opiate fairly well.

He must have been dealing to a fairly large number of true opiate addicts (80 mg fentanyl?!?) Of course, users grind these pills up and titrate the results in various ways - but still, that's a lot of people out there who would have been end users of these drugs. I find it extraordinary that, if it's true that AM and CE (CS) were dealing drugs, there is no word on any charges for that. I guess that's why AM went to the "I'm the user" statements.

As for functioning on multiple drugs, well, people do function on multi-pharmacy (illicit) until they don't - and AM is now in that second category. I do believe he was a user himself.

JMO.

He held a tissue in his hands, but Never used it, either on his eyes or nose. He was wailing, but no fluid from his face to show it at all. Faked the whole crying BS, and flipped out of it on a dime-Acting and looking to see reaction... MOO
It has been stated, AM showed great emotion at his cases, for the desired 'result'.
He has practiced for many years, and is doing so, here.
However, his scheming ways have now been exposed. :)
:) :)

Yes, you are correct.
I just pulled some of these times from the data timeline and found some things interesting.
He was on the phone with 911 for 7 minutes, so that takes us to 10:13 pm, roughly, and he hangs up with 911 saying he has to call family. (Edited to add: yes, I know he drove to his house but I still think it was more than enough time to hide some things and with plans for Blanca to come over and no one from law enforcement searching the house....and he returned to the kennels three minutes before he contacted RM.)
He doesn't make another phone call for well over 6 minutes - plenty of time to clean up a bit, search Paul for the pills or phone and see the 9:58 pm text from Rogan.
After calling his brothers - the next person he contacts is Rogan at 10:21 pm, 10:24 pm and 10:30 pm and even searches a restaurant before contacting BM at 10:44 pm (23 minutes after his 9 minute frantic phone call/texts/face time to Rogan).
Why would contacting Rogan, your dead sons friend, be more important than contacting your surviving son?

10:06:14 p.m.: Alex calls 911 from the Moselle property. The call is received by Hampton County dispatch before being transferred to Colleton County.
In the 7-minute call, he says he found Maggie and Paul shot and neither were breathing.
During the call, he notes he is not presently by the bodies. He said he touched them after finding them but only to see if they were still breathing.
10:19:32 p.m.: Alex Murdaugh calls Randy Murdaugh. The connection lasts 1 second. There is no record of the call in the data extraction of Alex's phone.
10:19:44 p.m.: Alex Murdaugh calls John Marvin Murdaugh. The call lasts 40 seconds. There is no record of the call in the data extraction of Alex's phone.
10:17:49 p.m.: Alex Murdaugh calls Randy Murdaugh. The connection lasts 16 seconds. There is no record of the call in the data extraction of Alex's phone.
10:18:45 p.m.: Alex Murdaugh iMessages Randy Murdaugh, stating, "Pls call me. Emergency."
10:21:25 p.m.: Alex Murdaugh calls Rogan Gibson. There is no answer. Gibson testified he was already asleep.
10:30:31 p.m.: Alex Murdaugh again attempts to FaceTime Rogan Gibson. There is no answer.
10:44:20 p.m.: Alex Murdaugh calls Buster Murdaugh. The connection lasts 8 seconds.
10:45 p.m.: Alex Murdaugh calls Brooklyn White. The connection lasts 13 seconds. There is no record of the call in the data extraction of Alex's call.
Also missing from AM’s phone log were the calls he made to Maggie that evening, they are on her phone log but were manually deleted from his. So strange did he have some type of program to delete certain phone calls, was he trying to delete other incriminating phone calls and deleted all the others by mistake? I can not come up for any reason for deleting the calls from his phone since it seems the calls were part of his alibi.

Yes, you are correct.

So, why call Rogan? Is he involved with any illegal 'Family Values'?

So, why call Rogan? Is he involved with any illegal 'Family Values'?
Paul had Rogan’s dog and was calling him to discuss a rash on the dog’s tail. He had made a video to send to Rogan, the kennel video that places AM at the kennels right before the murders. The theory is that AM knew Paul was texting/calling Rogan, saw unanswered texts from Rogan on Paul’s phone after the murder, wanted to try and find out if Rogan knew AM was at the kennel that evening. Rogan did testify he head AM in the background while on the phone with Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn