SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed when Alex was asked whether he killed Paul and Maggie, he replied by saying (paraphrasing) "I would never hurt Paul. I would never hurt Maggie".

Chris Watts replaced the word 'hurt' with "kill" too. There's a psychological reason why a familia killer does that.

If AM is found not guilty of murder or if there is a hung jury, what will happen to him immediately after this trial?

Will he go back to jail because he is facing financial charges and possibly drug trafficking charges? Will he be freed on bail?

lol, I don’t understand how others don’t see his kennel lies as the smoking gun. Chris Watts could have divorced his wife, he could have only killed his wife, yet he chose to kill her and their 2 small daughters. He put his dead wife in his truck, loaded his daughters, drove to the tank and smothered them, the older one watching him kill her sister then stuffed them in a tank. Every friend and acquaintance stated that Chris was a great father, and loved his family. He wanted them out of the way. I have followed enough of these horrendous crimes to understand there is never a reasonable why or trigger. I think AM was the one who had the "anger in his heart", Paul was the reason his fake life was about to be exposed. There has been a post that there is yet to be used evidence that Alex was not a family man. Eliminating Paul and Maggie solved financial issues, pill issues, uncomplicated his life if he were to get away with it
Great post. I never knew evil the way that Chris Watts committed evil. I thought Casey Anthony was bad. She is. I thought Jodi Arias was evil. She is. And Barry Morphew and Oj, and the three Peterson's that killed their wives. They are all evil and not one of them had reason to murder their family members. But they did. Chris Watts makes your skin crawl. His poor babies! And how about the man out west who killed his wife and when CPS was closing in, he blew up the house with him and his little boys in it?

When you read about AM being so privileged, spoiled, rich and yet angry at his wife for confronting him about pills and his son for family embarrassment, you cannot feel sorry for him. Think of ALL the families he destroyed. And think of all the officials who are in his back pocket! He is a liar and a murderer. I believe the jury sees it.

I don’t believe he loved his wife, ever. His son had become a problem. Maybe his own father told AM to take care of the “problem”, meaning PM.
As far as PM or MM stealing his pills, he could buy more. He was rich, knew everyone in town. He just wanted them dead. They were an irritation to his life.
I thought the exact same thing but this was late at night. Maybe Alex needed his fix?

Alex Murdaugh needs to command the situation at all times. No one controls Alex. And no one deprives Alex. I think Paul had the balls to confront Alex more than the other two. So yes, he could always buy more but maybe it was just the audacity of Paul having control over Alex in that very moment.
I think it's highly possible.
All I know is Alex killed them both. The reason may never be known.

I don’t believe he loved his wife, ever. His son had become a problem. Maybe his own father told AM to take care of the “problem”, meaning PM.
As far as PM or MM stealing his pills, he could buy more. He was rich, knew everyone in town. He just wanted them dead. They were an irritation to his life.

I tend to see that his dependency on MM and his reputation drove him. I think he believes he loved her but his definition of love is skewed.

With his father dying, the father's trust will kick in for all of the Murdaugh siblings. AM wanted cash more than anything. With the law firm on to him, cash was going to get tight and he was going to have to fork over everything he had with little hopes that the law firm would not report him to LE. MM had to have known they were in financial trouble. And, there were the financials that would need to be filed in the boat case. He can say what he wants but his crimes coming to light must have been terrifying for him. For a lawyer who had not committed crimes, it might have been a nothing burger but not a man who had stolen millions.

During the direct examination of him, AM says he was not worried about the theft discovery nor the financial materials needed for the civil case. Other lawyers confirm that the financial declaration was not a big thing. True. But, if you are AM, the financials and the other thefts of money you have done are putting you on a path to being discovered right quick because the lawyers for the plaintiffs are not going to accept that you have nothing and forensic accountants are going to be up in your business. IF PM is dead, so is the criminal case. IF PM is dead, it will be hard to get a judgment against AM because there is no interview/interrogatories/depositions of PM. IF MM is dead, he does not have to face the humiliation of being broke in front of her. IF MM is dead, she won't be able to have any interviews/interrogatories/depositions either. She can't answer what he did or PM did or if she had a call about him. The only way to stop the PM boat accident stuff is to kill them off. He will still have one son, his money, and his trust fund, even if his other financial crimes come to light. And, I think he believed the law firm would just let him pay everything back without going to LE.

Put that with the drug discoveries by PM and MM. The family annihilator him was bound to show up. JMHO.

Last edited:
Great post. I never knew evil the way that Chris Watts committed evil. I thought Casey Anthony was bad. She is. I thought Jodi Arias was evil. She is. And Barry Morphew and Oj, and the three Peterson's that killed their wives. They are all evil and not one of them had reason to murder their family members. But they did. Chris Watts makes your skin crawl. His poor babies! And how about the man out west who killed his wife and when CPS was closing in, he blew up the house with him and his little boys in it?

When you read about AM being so privileged, spoiled, rich and yet angry at his wife for confronting him about pills and his son for family embarrassment, you cannot feel sorry for him. Think of ALL the families he destroyed. And think of all the officials who are in his back pocket! He is a liar and a murderer. I believe the jury sees it.
Seems typical of his kind, creates the storm then takes down others to avoid accountability

Last edited:
There seems to be a lot of people coming out lately that are willing to ignore overwhelming circumstantial evidence that AM is guilty by simply saying, they just can’t understand why AM would kill his family. It just would never happen. They think the motive put forth by the state is weak.
Those people need to look up family annihilators. There’s a long list, and not one decent motive for any of them.

I don’t think we are wired to understand an action like this of killing loved ones although we see if often enough, particularly the people that follow crime like on here.

Police reported the only vehicle at the crime scene (kennels) when they arrived was AM's suburban.

In trying to determine how PM & MM got to the kennels, AM repeatedly told investigators PM must have driven his F-250 to the kennels and since MM was found at the kennels, she must have ridden with PM. This was the story consistently told by AM before testifying that he rode the golf cart from the house to the kennels and back.

However, the problem with AM's story is PM's F250 was not located anywhere on the property when police arrived, causing them to issue a BOLO for PM's truck!

AM never told investigators that PM did not drive his F250 to Moselle on Friday but instead was driving John Marvin's truck. (Since changing his story that he was at the kennels, AM testified on Thursday that PM drove John Marvin's truck to Moselle on June 7).

When PM's truck was located by police in the morning parked off Hwy 63, it was learned that the truck was not stolen from the crime scene but left broken down on the road by John Marvin when he was driving to Moselle Monday night after getting the call from AM about the murders.

While true there were other trucks on the property including the farm truck and Buster's truck, there was no truck at the kennels when police arrived.

IMO, AM's story about not knowing where PM was after supper but being certain that MM went out to the kennels (because MM was such a dog lover) never made sense. And telling police they must have taken PM's truck to the kennels --all the while knowing PM wasn't driving his F250 on Monday was yet another lie by AM.

Today, I think it is more likely that all 3 traveled to the kennels on the golf cart because AM did not want them to have a vehicle at the kennels when they were about to be shot. No, AM couldn't take any chance one or both might escape. MOO
thanks for the recap...its so difficult watching his interviews....but I tend to focus on the first one, dash cam that nite, when questioned about the weapon he was found with....his movements and how he came in contact with that weapon...

questioned about storing weapons out there:.....answer: no, but they are frequently out there. he needs to find out if there were any out there. then volunteers he knows there was a 12 guage shotgun out here....he needs to find out when that was but doesnt know when or if it was "put up" (in the gun room)...he's not positive.

he says he called Maggie before he left the house....person in the backseat asks, when was that...watch his tone and face when he answers: "WHEN WAS WHAT" then starts identifying the times of each outgoing text or call to maggie struggling with where he was (and his phone log was subsequently deleted by him but of course was on MM's phone which was recovered)

Edited to ask this: how come his data records could not be recovered? I know it was explained at some point thru testimony, but I dont remember.

starting at: 18:54 guns
25:31 first call to MM before he left the house

Last edited:
I’d be curious to know if AM attempted to help Stephen Smith’s family at the time of his death, but that failed because they didn’t want his assistance. There is then the questionable death of Gloria Satterfield, and the $4.3 million AM stole from her sons. Then there is you the murder of his wife and son. Hmmm.... All in moo.

I tend to see that his dependency on MM and his reputation drove him. I think he believes he loved her but his definition of love is skewed.

With his father dying, the father's trust will kick in for all of the Murdaugh siblings. AM wanted cash more than anything. With the law firm on to him, cash was going to get tight and he was going to have to fork over everything he had with little hopes that the law firm would not report him to LE. MM had to have known they were in financial trouble. And, there were the financials that would need to be filed in the boat case. He can say what he wants but his crimes coming to light must have been terrifying for him. For a lawyer who had not committed crimes, it might have been a nothing burger but not a man who had stolen millions.

During the direct examination of him, AM says he was not worried about the theft discovery nor the financial materials needed for the civil case. Other lawyers confirm that the financial declaration was not a big thing. True. But, if you are AM, the financials and the other thefts of money you have done are putting you on a path to being discovered right quick because the lawyers for the plaintiffs are not going to accept that you have nothing and forensic accountants are going to be up in your business. IF PM is dead, so is the criminal case. IF PM is dead, it will be hard to get a judgment against AM because there is no interview/interrogatories/depositions of PM. IF MM is dead, he does not have to face the humiliation of being broke in front of her. IF MM is dead, she won't be able to have any interviews/interrogatories/depositions either. She can't answer what he did or PM did or if she had a call about him. The only way to stop the PM boat accident stuff is to kill them off. He will still have one son, his money, and his trust fund, even if his other financial crimes come to light. And, I think he believed the law firm would just let him pay everything back without going to LE. JMHO.
He is just evil. There is no way I could say i will kill my husband and my “bad” child because they are an embarrassment but I can still live a happy life because I have the one “good child” living. Makes zero sense to a decent human being. He is evil to the core.

I have not read the entire thread, but has it been discussed what happened to the guns he used?

I have wondered if AM could have taken the Blackout or had it stolen from Paul knowing what he was going to do at some point.

After all.....he is the one who told Maggie's sister whoever did this was planning it for a long time.

He had plenty of opportunity to take the guns when he went to his parents, hide them and come back later to dispose of them.

I hope the jury can see through his lies and come to the conclusion I feel is so obvious!

I recently read a new theory (to me anyway) and it kinda makes sense. What if Paul and Maggie found... then absconded with Alex's stash of pills that evening. And when Alex went back to the house to pop a pill, he realized his bag was gone and went to the kennels to confront both Maggie and Paul.
^^rsbm

Both before and after AM finally admitted that he was at the kennels with MM and PM, AM said he didn't know where PM was after supper but he's always been sure that MM went to see the dogs at the kennels.

Yes, I think PM was probably playing the little detective while AM and MM ate dinner by Blanca in front of the TV, and PM found dad's bag of pills and took them with him to the kennels.

I think AM's story about touching PM or trying to turn him when PM's phone allegedly popped out of his pocket was all about AM getting the pills from his dead son's pocket.

AM went postal on MM especially because she was behind PM taking his stash!

Had it not been for MM putting PM on his tail, AM believed he could control PM. AM testified that he promised PM he'd go to rehab after PM's criminal trial and/or charges were settled.

JMO

I’d be curious to know if AM attempted to help Stephen Smith’s family at the time of his death, but that failed because they didn’t want his assistance. There is then the questionable death of Gloria Satterfield, and the $4.3 million AM stole from her sons. Then there is you the murder of his wife and son. Hmmm.... All in moo.

In the Netflix doc., the Smith family reported that AM's brother showed up to the scene asking to photograph it AND that he had approached the dad as part of his ongoing workman's comp case. Don't know the accuracy of those statements but the M family did approach according to them.

But, it is one way to keep tabs on the investigation which is very similar to what AM would do.

From FITSNEWS twitter account about an hour ago:
Lots of buzz in Walterboro, S.C. tonight about Alex Murdaugh allegedly having a stroke/ being hospitalized. Sources close to the disbarred attorney tell us this rumor is NOT TRUE. Nothing in this case would surprise me, but Murdaugh camp saying this is NOT TRUE #MurdaughTrial

I'm wondering if AM should be watched closely while in jail. I wonder if there'll be an emotional break (a real one) or some other shenanigans for sympathy. The jury not being sequestered may allow them to hear about it. Just random thoughts. There are those who kill themselves to avoid justice. I guess everything depends on how he thinks things are going. I feel so cynical of every move that man makes because of all of the terrible things he's done (most of the time), but then I feel bad for him and I want to kick myself. Just ramblings...
I must be stone cold because I don't feel a bit sorry for Alex. Not a shred.

^^rsbm

Both before and after AM finally admitted that he was at the kennels with MM and PM, AM said he didn't know where PM was after supper but he's always been sure that MM went to see the dogs at the kennels.

Yes, I think PM was probably playing the little detective while AM and MM ate dinner by Blanca in front of the TV, and PM found dad's bag of pills and took them with him to the kennels.

I think AM's story about touching PM or trying to turn him when PM's phone allegedly popped out of his pocket was all about AM getting the pills from his dead son's pocket.

AM went postal on MM especially because she was behind PM taking his stash!

Had it not been for MM putting PM on his tail, AM believed he could control PM. AM testified that he promised PM he'd go to rehab after PM's criminal trial and/or charges were settled.

JMO

It has bugged me for a long time about PM’s phone. It made no sense for AM to be messing with his phone and phone’s don’t just “pop” out of pockets.
Your thoughts about AM looking for his pills makes perfect sense to me. Perfect sense,

I have not read the entire thread, but has it been discussed what happened to the guns he used?

I have wondered if AM could have taken the Blackout or had it stolen from Paul knowing what he was going to do at some point.

After all.....he is the one who told Maggie's sister whoever did this was planning it for a long time.

He had plenty of opportunity to take the guns when he went to his parents, hide them and come back later to dispose of them.

I hope the jury can see through his lies and come to the conclusion I feel is so obvious!

If PM drove to Moselle that day in John Marvin's truck, how did the truck get back into John Marvin's possession?
I imagine when John Marvin broke down on the road headed to the emergency at Moselle (in PM's truck), he called somebody to collect him and take him to the property where he reclaimed his own truck.

There seems to be a lot of people coming out lately that are willing to ignore overwhelming circumstantial evidence that AM is guilty by simply saying, they just can’t understand why AM would kill his family. It just would never happen. They think the motive put forth by the state is weak.
Those people need to look up family annihilators. There’s a long list, and not one decent motive for any of them.
Where I live, many people were unfamiliar with this case and only became aware of it through media attention. Those newly acquainted with the Murdaugh murders, are the people who tell me they think AM is innocent of the murder charges or believe there will be a mistrial.
moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member