Searches for Lisa

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'd be interested to know if they asked for the families blessing (for lack of a better term) to hold it there. And more important, if it was given.

imo it wasn't given

6: All participants must stand on the public easement off of the roadway. No participants can extend into any yard further than 4 feet. It is important that all participants follow this rule.

Someone(sorry I con't remember who) on the board called the city to ask about the laws when the vigils were being done and this is almost exactly the rules they told her. I think if they had the family's blessing they would be in the yard.

imo it wasn't given

6: All participants must stand on the public easement off of the roadway. No participants can extend into any yard further than 4 feet. It is important that all participants follow this rule.

Someone(sorry I con't remember who) on the board called the city to ask about the laws when the vigils were being done and this is almost exactly the rules they told her. I think if they had the family's blessing they would be in the yard.

I totally agree, and I think it was Indempmo (sp?) whose post you are referring to. I thought of that too when I read about the easement.

I would hate to think that two little boys who have been subjected to so much would have this to look forward to every night. If these people walked around the whole neighborhood singing their carols, it might not be so bad. Is their goal (harassment?) more important than two little boys? These folks could do their singing in a park - God would hear their songs just fine.

I would hate to think that two little boys who have been subjected to so much would have this to look forward to every night. If these people walked around the whole neighborhood singing their carols, it might not be so bad. Is their goal (harassment?) more important than two little boys? These folks could do their singing in a park - God would hear their songs just fine.

To be honest, this goes beyond even that. There are other people living in that neighborhood. Most people prefer peace and quiet where they live (especially in a subdivision setting). They are being asked to tolerate this on their block as well.

You know, one night of it would probably not be so bad, but 12 nights??? And of course if it does happen and there is media attention the crowds will probably grow. If carolers came to my house one evening I would probably think it was pretty cool, but if they stood there singing at the house for almost an hour I think it would start to creep me out. After a few nights of it I would probably be ready to turn a fire hose on them.

Just call me Scrooge!

i'm not 100% sure but i believe this may be a different prayer group than "Lisa's Angels" organized by Edith. Maybe In Da Middle can confirm.
I have no idea who is doing this. I had a bit of a chuckle on this part
Our intentions are no...t to have loud outbursts or have any contact with any of the residents in the area.
Kinda like they aren't too intent of this, huh? Studdering on the not or this is an afterthought?

I have no problem with them doing it, but I don't understand why it's absolutely necessary to have it where the parent live. If this is being done with the affiliation of a church, why cannot it not be done at the church? If the answer is to 'bring attention', that still doesn't explain why you can't get the same kind of attention in a public place, where it'll be more visible to people. Or is this supposed to be for news cameras? If so, can't the same news camera's film them in a public place?

I agree. It is disheartening that this group has decided to continue to maintain a presence at this location under the guise of Christmas Caroling. Whatever credibility they had in the begining has definately started to wane...

It seems the creator of the page pretty carefully researched what they need to do or not do so as not to give anyone a reason to call LE. But if you are putting the invitation out to the general public you can't really control who shows up or how they behave.

I really wonder how many people will show up for this, if any. I also wonder what they would do if someone came out and respectfully asked them to leave. Hmmm.

It seems the creator of the page pretty carefully researched what they need to do or not do so as not to give anyone a reason to call LE. But if you are putting the invitation out to the general public you can't really control who shows up or how they behave.

I really wonder how many people will show up for this, if any. I also wonder what they would do if someone came out and respectfully asked them to leave. Hmmm.

If someone shows up with some kind of protest sign, would the organizers of this event have any right to prevent it from being displayed?

If I was organizing this event I would want to hoild it at a big public place. With lots of parking & space, like a public park. Imvite the media.
Doing it to bring attention to BL & to benefit her, I sure wouldn't want any negative feedback or feelings associated with it.
Being held just in the 3600 block of N. Lister, wouldn't bring enough, or the right kind of attention for me.

If someone shows up with some kind of protest sign, would the organizers of this event have any right to prevent it from being displayed?

I guess they could ask, but how could they enforce the request?? Someone could show up with a bag of bricks to throw at the house and all the organizer could do would be to call LE (hopefully before they were used.) With Edith's group at least her name/rep was attached, which is why I don't think this is the same group. Whoever is behind this is completely anonymous, at least on the given Facebook page.

If I was organizing this event I would want to hoild it at a big public place. With lots of parking & space, like a public park. Imvite the media.
Doing it to bring attention to BL & to benefit her, I sure wouldn't want any negative feedback or feelings associated with it.
Being held just in the 3600 block of N. Lister, wouldn't bring enough, or the right kind of attention for me.

If you held it at the park I bet the singing would attract a lot more passersby who might stop to listen to the carols at least for a moment (because who wouldn't??) and could be given a flier to help raise awareness. To do it at the N. Lister address puts the whole thing under a cloud of doubt about the intentions of the participants if nothing else.

Now you guys are seeing what everybody here has put up with lately and why they were asked to leave. They were NOT having a prayer vigil any more. Well not all of them weren't. There were some of them that were actually there for the right reason, but you know the saying 'one bad apple....'.

Brrrr! Well maybe that will put a damper on the actions of the vigilantes.

:floorlaugh:

I hate thinking that society has stooped to the low of using Christmas carolers to harass, intimidate or bring discomfort to anyone. But given the fact that this family has made it very clear that they discourage any group gatherings around their house, it is difficult to believe that the organizers are unaware that they will not be filling the family with joy with all their songs!

Could this possibly be good intentions that have not been well thought out or a grossly uninformed group? It would be so mean spirited if that's not the case. As my sweet granddaughter often says, "i don't think God would like that."

But, this IS keeping Baby Lisa's name in the media, you have local media on the scene and I've felt from day one that local people are going to be key to this. I could never understand why the DB/JI camp refused to work with local media.

Any coverage at this point, since the family is refusing to do anything at all or even ASK for their baby back is good....just saying.

I'm not for the way they may be going about it, but it is keeping interest UP

But, this IS keeping Baby Lisa's name in the media, you have local media on the scene and I've felt from day one that local people are going to be key to this. I could never understand why the DB/JI camp refused to work with local media.

Any coverage at this point, since the family is refusing to do anything at all or even ASK for their baby back is good....just saying.

I'm not for the way they may be going about it, but it is keeping interest UP

Yes, I want to see Baby Lisa's name kept before the the public, too. But there are so many other avenues this group could used to do that. I don't approve of purposefully inflaming the family. It puts the group's motives into question.

lorann I agree with you. It also might be hurtful to other children in the neighborhood. it could stir memories in them also, really upset them emotionally.:seeya:

Is the media covering this? I didn't see anything about the march they did last weekend but I am not local so just curious if there was anything. TIA!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tx-tinman
Back