Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, if he's guilty he was dumb enough to toss evidence along 255 and not into the Mississippi where it would never be found.

is it possible that he could have thought the police would "assume" that the perp would only discard in the river and only look there, and if he didnt get it in the river then it would have been found right away? i didnt say it was a smart thought:crazy: i think it would on show that the camera was off during this event

What report? Is this an official report from police?

It couldn't be as no details have been released to the public.

So who made this "report"?

im trying to catch up - so if this has already been said sia. ng kept saying that over and over

I read somewhere that MCS took a computer from his parents home. I honestly don't recall whether it was in a news article or a posting in a forum/comments. I agree: the computers are all in their hands.

I just read a bit about Twila Wiley's death a bit after it was mentioned in a newspaper article linked to above. I know that her father has been posting here in these forums and I want to say to him: I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how you feel every day...especially if you genuinelly know in your heart that your daughter was murdered. (It sounds like she was to me but I'm no expert.) I pray that every day brings you the healing you need for that day.

Back to the murders at hand: Reading about the 17 or 14 months (can't recall at the moment) that it took this State's Attorney to bring charges is concerning to me. I realize that we want them to get all of their ducks in a row, to be certain, but it looks like LE and the State's Attorney had almost two years to get themselves straight in Twila Wiley's death and didn't. Not encouraging to me.

As for Joyce Meyer trying to cover this up: I find that doubtful. I agree that they are surely telling their employees not to discuss the matter (I've seen that personally trying to talk to some of them) but I just don't see the benefit of them trying to "make this go away." Not in this situation where a vast-majority of folks are 100% convinced that CC committed the murders. But I could be wrong.

My prayer is still that an arrest is made soon (somewhat of a selfish prayer, I suppose, because I just want to know that this saga is somewhere towards being over and be able to deal with the eventual reality that seems imminent that CC did murder his family.) I described it to a friend last night as we discussed this that I feel sortof like a very thirsty person sitting under a dripping sink knowing that any minute or hour someone will turn the water on full blast. In time, we will know far more than we want to about how these murders occurred and what the motives were.
Well, this is only my opinion, but I think the reason many LE now wait things out sometimes stems from Slick Defense Lawyers. *TCO ducking*

What I mean is, they probably want to cover all their bases (as cliche as that is, I know, sorry) and some of what they do takes time. Think how many officers it must take to just contact witnesses and get their statements. Then they most likely have new people that they now must interview as a result of those statements, and so on and so on. You see what I mean? There are only so many LE to go around. They probably have many irons in the fire, although there is no doubt in my mind this one has taken precedence (and rightly so, IMO)

I think CSI and NCIS and 24 make us impatient (this is not directed at you, K?). I just think sometimes we forget real life is much different then the way TV shows protray it. I can't imagine all the things they must investigate in a case such as this. And, since they have been so tight lipped about it, we don't have an iota of an idea as to what they have found. If there is indeed multiple mistresses, there's probably a lot of peripheral people that must also then be interviewed. Gosh, to think about it all actually is rather overwhelming to me.

ETA: Oopps, forgot my manners. Welcome! And Welcome to all the new hats! I hate to say it, but say good-bye to your life as you know it. Once your addicted, well, what can I say? You'll see. Heh, heh...........

It is possible. However, if the death threats were against the entire family...why wasn't Chris murdered, too? Why would a perp wait until he knew Chris was gone and wipe out his family when he could have gone in an hour earlier to complete the job? It makes no sense the perp would wait until after the murders to try to take Chris out and give LE a reason to "protect" him.

Perhaps, its policy, if one receives death threats...as in this case, since he still alive, to follow and protect.........perhaps the death threats,Which we do not know for sure, what was written, I going to assume the threats were not against him personally , but against his family..., BUT TO KILL HIS FAMILY.......and not him..........to live with it.............to let him live with the horror, he now faces........perhaps, a death threat notice such as.......IF YOU DON'T STOP, WE WILL KILL YOUR FAMILY........just an example........................to kill his family, especially the boys, is horrific, and now he has to live with this horror, of being warned, and the act carried out........Im sure, inside that home, is more horrific, then we can imagine............

It is possible. However, if the death threats were against the entire family...why wasn't Chris murdered, too? Why would a perp wait until he knew Chris was gone and wipe out his family when he could have gone in an hour earlier to complete the job? It makes no sense the perp would wait until after the murders to try to take Chris out and give LE a reason to "protect" him.

Well, it does depending on the midset of the psycho (we would assume) killer. For one, frame CC. Put him through the pain and suffering of his family being gone. Less to deal with while he is out of the house too.

If there was a killer, all of these might be valid reasons. And we could also assume the killer might feel as though "I'll get away with it, all suspicion will be on CC". So, he could get to CC later - if he was not locked up, etc.

I wouldn't call LE. If I was concerned about no one answering the phone in the morning when I knew they were supposed to be there and asleep with past threats...I would turn around and go home instead of finish my workout. If I were a considerable distance away, I would call a neighbor to go ring the bell and check on my family since they are closer to the immediate situation.

I most definitely would call the police! If he didn't call until he reached Gold's Gym, he was easily 15 minutes - maybe more, depending upon traffic - away from the home. The police would get there sooner.

And I don't know about you, but I do not have the phone numbers of anyone on my block. I just don't. And I don't think that is all too uncommon.

If he called once, then waited, then called again . . . now that seems strange to me given the threats history.

is it possible that he could have thought the police would "assume" that the perp would only discard in the river and only look there, and if he didnt get it in the river then it would have been found right away? i didnt say it was a smart thought:crazy: i think it would on show that the camera was off during this event

And, what is more visible - someone stopping to actually get the object over the bridge and into the river or someone tossing something from their moving vehicle into the grass at the side of the road / median?

I think the first is more visible, and risky, so if CC did commit this crime he went with the safer means of disposing of possible evidence. Besides, if you are driving and you've been on that bridge you know there is no way to toss something from the driver's side out the passenger side window to ensure it gets into the river. He would have had to find another means, adding risk, and screwing up the timeline (i.e., calls, pings, swiping in at Gold's, etc.).

By Associated Press
9:34 AM CDT, May 14, 2009

COLUMBIA, Ill. (AP) — The collection of investigators that a spokesman says has identified a suspect in last week's killings of a southwestern Illinois mother and her two children soon could shrink.

The Major Case Squad of Greater St. Louis has been in place since shortly after the bodies of 31-year-old Sheri Coleman and her two sons — 11-year-old Garett and 9-year-old Gavin — were found May 5 in their Columbia home.

A spokesman for the squad, Jeff Connor, says investigators presented their case on their suspect Wednesday to the Monroe County state's attorney. But the prosecutor deferred filing charges until more evidence is tested.

Connor says the major case squad made up of nearly two dozen investigators will decide whether it should now disband and turn the case over to Columbia police.

Not buying that one! The father wrote about his daughter, and stated in there about her mother and brother seeing them on a weekly basis and talking to them almost daily. Someone posted a copy of it a few pages back. The father has been astranged from Sheri for a while is what I understood from the letter he wrote. It was very touching.

Yes it was and I feel for the man because now it's to late to make things right.

Perhaps, its policy, if one receives death threats...as in this case, since he still alive, to follow and protect.........perhaps the death threats,Which we do not know for sure, what was written, I going to assume the threats were not against him personally , but against his family..., BUT TO KILL HIS FAMILY.......and not him..........to live with it.............to let him live with the horror, he now faces........perhaps, a death threat notice such as.......IF YOU DON'T STOP, WE WILL KILL YOUR FAMILY........just an example........................to kill his family, especially the boys, is horrific, and now he has to live with this horror, of being warned, and the act carried out........Im sure, inside that home, is more horrific, then we can imagine............

hi TT - stop what? im just curious what you might think - i keep thinking about this a lot and cant come up with much. i guess i think if anyone believed it to be someone from the jmm then jmm would be more involved in helping and figuring out who or why??:confused:

Another thought I have. Did the boys have their own rooms or shared a room? If they shared a room, you would think the other would wake up when one was being strangled.

I don't post much but I do enjoy reading everyone's post your a bunch of great people here. I am wondering if maybe he drugged them some how maybe put something in there drink perhaps. I hope so if he did this because i hope and pray they didnt suffer.

By Associated Press
9:34 AM CDT, May 14, 2009

COLUMBIA, Ill. (AP) — The collection of investigators that a spokesman says has identified a suspect in last week's killings of a southwestern Illinois mother and her two children soon could shrink.

The Major Case Squad of Greater St. Louis has been in place since shortly after the bodies of 31-year-old Sheri Coleman and her two sons — 11-year-old Garett and 9-year-old Gavin — were found May 5 in their Columbia home.

A spokesman for the squad, Jeff Connor, says investigators presented their case on their suspect Wednesday to the Monroe County state's attorney. But the prosecutor deferred filing charges until more evidence is tested.

Connor says the major case squad made up of nearly two dozen investigators will decide whether it should now disband and turn the case over to Columbia police.

See bold above . . .

I really think this will be more difficult to take to trial than many of you are thinking. Sure, we all have that "gut" feeling he is guilty. But at the end of the day it is all about reasonable doubt.

Potential Problems for Prosecution

Crime occurred in his home. Physical evidence, including prints on certain items (i.e., near window or screen, on discarded DVR, on spray paint can if it has indeed been recovered) is reduced and can be explained away.

There is alledgedly a documented history of threats. Geez, this raises a ton of red flags - in both directions. However, there can be little doubt that JMM has a ton of whackos after her - and he worked for her one could have been after him and his family too! A stretch? Yes, but not too much of one!

The manner of death is problematic. It does not leave LE with a weapon, and rules out crucial evidence like blood spatter and gun powder residue.

IMO, the biggest key to this will be first determining the time of death. CC has such a narrow timeline, explaining away forensic evidence indicating they died before he left the home will be impossible.

The ultimate question is this: What do they have which is being tested, besides the victim's themselves?

I think the family member, who did NOT post here but the post was copied and pasted here, made statements only and much additional interpretation is being put to them.

I didn't jump to the conclusion that the family was trying to imply a "hit"
I have to wonder what other reason they would have had to include that information, if it weren't to imply it. Otherwise, why say it?

Edited: 'cause the quotes did something goofy.

i guess what is bothering me is that most of the people that she knew or lived with or worked for (jmm) NONE OF THEM ARE STEPPING UP FOR HER AND THE BOYS ?? i dont mean her family, they are out of the loop being so far north...but not only cc worked for jm , sc went on missions for jmm - i can understand not wanting to make any comment or commitment to cc, BUT SC? i just dont get whats goin on with these people ...:mad:

Hallo All,

Good poster SouthernIllinoisMan wrote the following:
>>Still waiting to hear back from LE contacts; I spoke with a Defense Attorney friend this afternoon and he said that "if someone were to be arrested, there would have to be a preliminary hearing within 30 days to determine whether there was probable cause. If there are no eyewitnesses and no confessions, it HAS to be proven by forensic evidence. At this time, the State of Illinois has a backlog of months in examining forensic evidence (this would be done in Springfield, IL.) The police have without a doubt questioned the husband repeatedly and he fears that the police are trying to pin this on him and did the right thing by getting a good lawyer."<<

Now dontcha just know LE are just such robots that they are trying to "pin it on him" (and sir, your retainer to start with is $xx,*advertiser censored*). LE are just so stupid aren't they (that is said with GREAT sarcasm and with a big "NOT" -- and just to be perfectly clear they are NOT). Yeah...good thinking that he hired an attorney within a few hours of the murder. Now that is one grieving dude ain't it?

W

Oh...but back to what the criminal defense attorney said:

>>If there are no eyewitnesses and no confessions, it HAS to be proven by forensic evidence. At this time, the State of Illinois has a backlog of months in examining forensic evidence (this would be done in Springfield, IL.)<<

No eyewitnesses: what murderer invites these? what murderer doesn't snuff an eye witness they can before anyone can intervene

Has to be proven by forensic evidence: now we know why the state's attorney wants to wait.

Backlog of months in examining forensic evidence, Springfield: might the investigators have gone there to say -- please don't make us wait for this, can't you please test this now -- we know the perp.

W

I doubt it was open or unlocked. Why, if this family had supposedly been receiving threats for several months, would they go to bed with their doors or windows unlocked?? It seems to me they would take every safety precaution necessary (especially installing the security cameras, which they did) to protect their two young children.
Right-e-OH !! They are reported to have taken their concerns to the school. That would indicate to me they were taking precautions to ensure their safety. Yet it seems securing the home wasn't a priority.

also - since they were only employing the camera in hopes of seeing who was leaving these things in the mailbox - and they didnt choose to put in an alarm?? so it seems whoever was making the decisions was more worried about WHO any not why. a camera in the home cant jump out and beat the intruders a$$... i dont think i have heard a single plausible or otherwise reason that this psycho was after them other than being employeed by jmm - but since they are psycho they woudnt have to have a reason other than that -and if thats the case, why the notes? and if that really is the reason - how many employees and followers does she have that could be a risk of attack? help - im gonna be psyco by the time this is thru. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487