Should Cindy and George be charged? Do They Need An Attorney?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Should Cindy, and/or George be charged??

• Yes they should be

Votes: 774 62.4%
  • No They shouldn't be

Votes: 150 12.1%
  • I dunno yet

Votes: 317 25.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was busy and praying to come back here and you would say YES they are charged.
I am disappointed. :waitasec:

Keep the faith, Songline! Tomorrow is another day! (((hugs)))

If the family was deliberately obstructing the investigation those notebooks they carried around would be their "Obstructing Justice 101" manuels.I hope LE gets their hands on those.

If the family was deliberately obstructing the investigation those notebooks they carried around would be their "Obstructing Justice 101" manuels.I hope LE gets their hands on those.

no sweetie that's where they keep all the lies, hoping not to trip over each other. But the facts they do not put in that notebook just in case one gets lost.

don't they have some sort of immunity with the supenias (sp?-;))---isn't that what bc was screaming about wanting????????
They can want to the moon and back, but thank God it was not granted.
They are open to anything...I hope an open jail cell.

This thread asks: "Do you think Cindy and or George should be charged?? For withholding evidince, obstruction of justice, Tampering with evidence, or accessory after the fact??"

Leave current events out of the discussion.

Thanks!

Deleted as it pertained to current events.

But, I voted yes way back when this thread first started and haven't changed my mind. The current events only reinforce my belief that there's a persistent behavior pattern on the part of Cindy and George to obstruct justice, and to attempt to control events outside their own boundaries.

Yes, but not now. They knowingly broke the law in a number of ways - Cindy, George, and yes, Lee. I don't know how you can lie and obstruct justice in front of the whole country, and then get away with it. The parents took possession of the car from the tow yard. The car smelled like death. They proceeded to clean the car, wash items, and tamper with evidence. They willfully did everything they could to add confusion to this case.

The fact that they may have known the body of Caylee was there months before it was found concerns me to this day. It has seemed like they actively supported Casey's crime of murdering their grandchild.

You know, we've all stretched our empathy and pity to the Anthonys to the limit. They've ridiculed LE and the Public, and the laws. It makes me feel bad to be forced to notice their outrageous behavior, and not be able to shake them. Wake up! The world's not buying it, Anthonys.

I voted yes, but as usual I'm flipping back and forth because of NG, is denial a crime?

Denial is overlooking some blatant truth for awhile. I do not consider denial to be actions like washing death cars and pants, deleting computer files, hiding receipts and hairbrushes, making up people that never existed, etc., Yes, we all feel pity for them, but ultimately, we want true Justice for Caylee.

Denial is overlooking some blatant truth for awhile. I do not consider denial to be actions like washing death cars and pants, deleting computer files, hiding receipts and hairbrushes, making up people that never existed, etc., Yes, we all feel pity for them, but ultimately, we want true Justice for Caylee.

I completely agree. When you line up all of their statements, it's obvious that they are doing everything they can, especially cindy, to obstruct and obfuscate. Denying things that can easily be verified and are pretty much irrefutable, like the phone records, then the toothbrush/hairbrush nonsense. I think the only way to really have justice would be to charge george cindy and lee if at all possible. CMA indeed. I'd like to see Baez disbarred as well, and I'd sincerely love to see some restrictions placed on all attorneys who are simply seeking to make a fortune from cases in a taxpayer funded legal system. It's not supposed to be a slot machine for these 'professionals'.

In my heart of hearts I honestly believe that CA and GA loved Caylee and would not knowingly harm her.

So, it is very puzzling that they would try to destroy evidence that would point to her murderer even if it meant that murderer was Casey. There are IMO be several possible reasons to explain their behavour
  1. They feel they somehow played a role in Caylee's demise and are acting out of guilt
  2. They find it difficult to face the ugly truth when it comes to Casey. (Recall the "she's not pregnant!" saga)
  3. Casey is somehow "blackmailing" them and if they don't help her she'll spill the beans.
  4. They believed Casey's lies ("I'm a victim too, somebody else did this and is trying to make me look guilty when I was only trying to protect the family") at first and tried to help her and now they are boxed into a corner.
  5. They sincerely believe that Caylee is still alive and well and living in Puerto Rico. LE ("the forces of evil") has planted false evidence (the skeletal remains [Sorry George] are not Caylee's) and is trying to frame their precious Casey.

In my heart of hearts I honestly believe that CA and GA loved Caylee and would not knowingly harm her.

So, it is very puzzling that they would try to destroy evidence that would point to her murderer even if it meant that murderer was Casey. There are IMO be several possible reasons to explain their behavour
  1. They feel they somehow played a role in Caylee's demise and are acting out of guilt
  2. They find it difficult to face the ugly truth when it comes to Casey. (Recall the "she's not pregnant!" saga)
  3. Casey is somehow "blackmailing" them and if they don't help her she'll spill the beans.
  4. They believed Casey's lies ("I'm a victim too, somebody else did this and is trying to make me look guilty when I was only trying to protect the family") at first and tried to help her and now they are boxed into a corner.
  5. They sincerely believe that Caylee is still alive and well and living in Puerto Rico. LE ("the forces of evil") has planted false evidence (the skeletal remains [Sorry George] are not Caylee's) and is trying to frame their precious Casey.
You are very kind...

but destroying evidence...if that's what they did...is illegal...no matter what their reasons were.

Will the Anthonys face charges when this is all over?
Bill Sheaffer WFTV's Legal Analyst intends to address that question ( so many people are asking/hoping) in his next blog.

I hope that not only are they charged with Perjury but anything else that can be added as well. Cindy and George both knew what they were doing when they cleaned the car yet they did so anyway. For Cindy to actually say that telling lies is not a crime just proves to me how crazy this family really is and how they think that they are above the law.

I think they should be charged with obstruction of justice, tampering with evidence, and withholding evidence. They have done everything within their power to deter the investigation into the death of Caylee.

They tampered with evidence by cleaning the car and washing Casey's pants that "smelled like the car." We'll never know if in the process of cleaning the car they destroyed evidence. When LE asked for Caylee's hairbrush in order to obtain hair strands for DNA testing, Cindy gave them a hairbrush that was used by both Caylee and Casey, instead of the one that was Caylee's exclusively. After Caylee's remains were found, Cindy admitted to Yuri Malich that Caylee's Winnie-the-Pooh blanket was missing, information she had previously withheld. They led LE on wild goose chases checking out sightings of Caylee.

Cindy sending DC to search the area where Caylee was eventually found is one area I think needs to be investigated thoroughly - LE may already know the answer to this one and is withholding it until after the trial. It would appear that Cindy had knowledge that Caylee's remains were in that area. That knowledge should have been turned over to LE for them to investigate. This is an example of obstruction of justice and begs the question of what Cindy intended to do if DC HAD found Caylee's remains.

If the Anthonys are allowed to escape any charges, this could set a precedent, and led to further abuse of the system by the next case in which a family member is accused of killing another family member.

I pray to God the A's are charged with perjury, obstruction of justice, tampering with evidence and anything else that goes along with what they have done and said. IMO they have been a disgrace to Caylee's justice and memory.
However I don't think anything will be done until after the trial as IMO they will make up more lies on the stand to try to cover the lies they have already told. More fuel for the fire so to speak.
Poor little Caylee. Caylee would be alive today if she had been given up for adoption. My heart crys for this precious child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatGran