SIDEBAR #14- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jodi Arias' attorneys have asked a judge to delay until next year a second penalty phase to allow the convicted murderer time to gather witnesses.

They've had 5 years to gather witnesses. Clearly there are none to be found. Or is it they need time for JA to threaten potential witnesses (men) by blackmailing them with tapes of them they didn't know she recorded?

Well said. How much more time do they need to get a "more complete picture" of their evil client?

She attached herself to Travis, then after he refused to commit she moves to his city, stalks him and finally murders him when she realizes he intends to marry a "proper" Morman wife.

Good Nite, Y'all...Going to the Peridontist tomorrow - Of all tooths to go bad - The right upper front tooth...I may have to learn how to speak without showing my upper teeth...:facepalm:

How did you get on with the periodontist?

Jodi Arias' attorneys have asked a judge to delay until next year a second penalty phase to allow the convicted murderer time to gather witnesses.

They've had 5 years to gather witnesses. Clearly there are none to be found. Or is it they need time for JA to threaten potential witnesses (men) by blackmailing them with tapes of them they didn't know she recorded?

Even the devil said NO! Quackers and LaToilet volunteered but they were reminded that the were outstanding witnesses for the Prosecutor.

Ok, gotta change the subject lol. Does anyone just adore Michael Buble? I heart him so much.

Michael Bublé - "To Be Loved" [Official Album Trailer] - YouTube

Omigosh!! Thanks for that. I hadn't seen it. Will download the album immediately after this post. I am a HUGE fan and pretty much own him .. because I'm Canadian (LOL). If you ever get a chance to see him in concert, he is so good ... and so hilarious. I heart him too. The way he mocks his wife in her spanish accent just cracks me up.

This is one of my all-time faves of his .... (just one ... there are many)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SPUJIbXN0WY

I haven't really been watching, so I have to ask: What is NG basing that on? Seems CK wouldn't have a chance to get into a mental institution unless she threatens to kill herself, and then it would just be until it was deemed she was no longer a danger to herself. :jail:

NG is just being her "sensational" self. LOL. There is absolutely NO way this is a possible side-trip for JACK!! I don't know why NG puts out those teasers. Guess it's about ratings .... "BOMBSHELL TONIGHT" ... Pfffft!!

Trust me ... it ain't gonna happen!!!!!!!!!!! (JMO)

The motion for continuance purports the two witnesses who were not called to be valuable mitigators for the convicted murderer but the testimony they could offer was exposed in the media and it did not favor her. Martinez would know what they were prepared to say, since we know. If Judge Stephens did not read their statements to media, Martinez can inform her of the content they were going to deliver if called. Patti said that Arias had an ideal childhood, for instance and Darryl found Arias unrecognizable and wicked. No one deprived Arias of mitigation witnesses. She simply had no one in her corner.

I agree with you 100% on this one.

From the motion:

"Before the penalty phase began Ms. Arias moved to dismiss the death penalty due to the fact that she could not present a complete mitigation case. On May 20, 2013, during the argument on that motion, Ms. Arias advised the court that Patricia Womack was not willing to return to Arizona to testify on Ms. Arias’ behalf because she had been threatened. Of note is the fact this comes on the heels of record being made of the threats made to Ms. LaViolette, an expert in the field of domestic violence and another key mitigation witness. Due to Ms. Arias inability to present a complete picture to the jury Ms. Arias then chose to present no witnesses. In contrast to this state of affairs, it is Ms. Arias’ desire to call witnesses during the re-trial of her sentencing phase, if and only if a full picture can be painted."

and

"In Ms. Arias’ case, the Defense mitigation investigation was completed and she was ready to present said evidence at trial up until the point in time when mitigation witnesses felt too intimidated to come forward. Thus, in essence Ms. Arias needs the requested time to find alternative means of painting the picture of Ms. Arias’ life that defense counsel must present and the jury must consider."

http://media2.abc15.com/html/pdf/ariasmotion.pdf

The DT clearly does not have a strategy at this point in time, just as they were winging it with the previous mitigation phase. Interesting to note that they threw ALV's name into the motion; the DT didn't even bring up physical abuse in their remarks to the court. They knew the jury did not buy it.

Can't see ALV, Womack or Brewer making a compelling argument on mitigating factors. ALV is less than credible and if the DT dared to call her, Martinez would rip her to ribbons. Womack still has not come to terms with the fact that her BFF murdered this man; she broke down in tears talking about it with JVM the other night and she cannot justify it. She also cannot offer any testimony to support CMJA being abused as a child.

Must be some interesting temper tantrums going on right now between CMJA and her counsel.

I'll be interesting to see how JSS rules on this; barring attorney time conflicts, it would seem the other argument has no merit. The convict has had five years to prepare for this and five months of trial time. Preparation for this phase should have been included in the overall defense strategy.

Motion denied. IMO

There is one for Trayvon, but it is "No Discussion".

As much as I would love there to be an open tread for the Zimmerman trial, I certainly can understand why there is not, and probably won't be. This case is probably one of the biggest cases of the century. Whether we like it or not, it is definitely a racially divided case.

We receive WebSleuths for free, unless we feel responsible and kind enough to make a $35.00 contribution for no advertisings, or any other contribution you wish to make.

That being said, I think many, many moderators would have to be on the comment threads regarding this case 24/7. That is an awful lot to ask. Attorneys, I would assume, would have to be reviewing, due to any lawsuits incurred by posters comments/opinions.

This case is so highly heated, and I truly wanted to be in FL for it. Then better judgment overcame me, and I feel after the verdict, it might be a dangerous place to be.

I was wondering why. Noticed all the posters here are informed and get their opinion across in a thoughtful and/or blunt agreeable way. But my experience here is with the JA trial, impossible not to be on board the 100% guilty wagon. This kid went to the store period. I won't say more I love it here. Know there are other sights from a poster's message, but I'd feel like I was cheating on WS, plus got to know numerous names and like their input style and look forward to reading their opinions. So I'll just wait for the penalty phase to begin. Almost wish it won't be on TV, I still hear and see Stephen, it ripped my heart out. Hope you guys have a beautiful day, bye.

If Nurmi wants to paint a compete picture I suggest he go on Awkward Family Photos and find one for her to trace. Then she might have a "family" willing to stand up for her vs sit down in the front row gawking pretending not to be noticed.

The "death threats" are part of Michael Kiefer Productions. He loves that script. Wonder how many "death threats" The Prosecutor got during this or other trials that we will never hear a word about.

Good morning, all!:seeya:

I think I heard it was because she had made money off of selling something, and hadn't reported that money to the IRS. Not sure if that's correct, or if I'm mixing two or more things together. It IS early, and I haven't had any coffee yet... :coffeews:

I heard that she is on public assistance (welfare) and sold pictures of herself and Jodi, and didn't report the income. Bad thing to mess up your gov income.

If Nurmi wants to paint a compete picture I suggest he go on Awkward Family Photos and find one for her to trace. Then she might have a "family" willing to stand up for her vs sit down in the front row gawking pretending not to be noticed.

The "death threats" are part of Michael Kiefer Productions. He loves that script. Wonder how many "death threats" The Prosecutor got during this or other trials that we will never hear a word about.

Yes, the "death threats" is a bunch of BS.

Everyone has turned theirs backs on Jodi. She can't keep attorneys, family, friends.

Oh, but she has reporter(s) on her side. :facepalm:

For those that would want to know, tomorrow is the anniversary of Caylee Anthony being taken from the earth by her mother.

God is not finished yet sweetheart.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145548

Light a Candle by Your Computer Tonight #2

OK, Nancy Grace is a caricature of herself, but last night she reports that Jodi Arias assaulted her cellmate in self-proclaimed "self-defense."

WAIT! Cellmate?

I have been comforted by the notion that she is in "closed custody" because of her status as convicted and the danger she represents to other prisoners? I kind of liked the idea she was kept away from other (that she could manipulate).

AND YET, on second thought, I secretly hope that she WAS attacked by her cellie in a Jeffrey-Dahmer-ish demonstration of the prison justice that awaits her.

Nancy said she had 14 violations so far at Estrella and now the defense is saying they will argue she is mentally ill (after refusing to call any witnesses for mitigation????)

Also - is there another main thread for the Travis ALexander trial? Or will this sidebar thread be it until we start up again on the 20th?

I have been relaxing, reading and enjoying all of your posts ... but I have an emergency that I need help with ...

I find myself in a position where I have to prepare a fruit salad for (in a hurry) for a family function. I have never made a fruit salad before (believe it or not). Can anybody give me a quick, easy and yummy recipe. I have googled and found a few ... but somehow I feel there is the "ultimate" one on this board ... one that has been tried and trued ...

I hate it when family functions get in the way of my WS reading. TIA :yow: (in a panic here). Getting ready to go out for groceries ... will check back after my shower. Eeeegad!!

OK, Nancy Grace is a caricature of herself, but last night she reports that Jodi Arias assaulted her cellmate in self-proclaimed "self-defense."

WAIT! Cellmate?

I have been comforted by the notion that she is in "closed custody" because of her status as convicted and the danger she represents to other prisoners? I kind of liked the idea she was kept away from other (that she could manipulate).

AND YET, on second thought, I secretly hope that she WAS attacked by her cellie in a Jeffrey-Dahmer-ish demonstration of the prison justice that awaits her.

Nancy said she had 14 violations so far at Estrella and now the defense is saying they will argue she is mentally ill (after refusing to call any witnesses for mitigation????)

Also - is there another main thread for the Travis ALexander trial? Or will this sidebar thread be it until we start up again on the 20th?

BBM~ Apparently trial is not until Jan. 2014. Not 100% sure though. Yes, we use this thread.

I don't pay attention to NG anymore, sorry. As far as i'm concerned BK should have replaced her. :twocents:

BBM~ Apparently trial is not until Jan. 2014. Not 100% sure though. Yes, we use this thread.

I don't pay attention to NG anymore, sorry. As far as i'm concerned BK should have replaced her. :twocents:
Has the penalty phase retrial been put off until next year? That is so unfair to TA family.

I have been relaxing, reading and enjoying all of your posts ... but I have an emergency that I need help with ...

I find myself in a position where I have to prepare a fruit salad for (in a hurry) for a family function. I have never made a fruit salad before (believe it or not). Can anybody give me a quick, easy and yummy recipe. I have googled and found a few ... but somehow I feel there is the "ultimate" one on this board ... one that has been tried and trued ...

I hate it when family functions get in the way of my WS reading. TIA :yow: (in a panic here). Getting ready to go out for groceries ... will check back after my shower. Eeeegad!!

Here is the quickest fruit salad recipe I used for my big (9 children) family:

mixed fruit salad, drained.
mandarin oranges, drained (optional)
chopped apple, skin still on.
3/4 part sour cream (sub: Cool Whip, whipped cream cheese, cottage cheese)
1/4 mayonnaise to taste
sliced banana (optional)
chopped nuts for top (optional)
cinnamon for top (optional)

Make the mixture stiff enough so it will serve in a scoop on a lettuce leaf - not soupy.

Good luck!

Anagrammy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads