SIDEBAR #14- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
And IMO those two words hold the clue: If someone has to wonder how to act in a new relationship...then move on. Because in a good relationship with mutual respect, earned trust, and honest togetherness, people don't have to ...they just naturally do.

My husband and I had known each other since grade school, dated some in early high school (not exclusively) and tried to meet up once a year after I'd moved away. We each had other long-term relationships in that interim period, but we enjoyed that annual meet-up, catch-up. Then one year I was done with a long-term relationship, he was done with a long-term relationship, and at our annual meet-up we just melded together and didn't look back. No "how do I acts" or "what if's" or "I think's." None of that stuff. We just naturally fell in together, and there was no doubt on the part of either of us as to our feelings. That, IMO, is how it is supposed to feel.

That's very romantic my tee mouse!

If you love Biloxi you must check out Ship Island!! Google it!!

Wow I'm flashing back again! That's where I went to tech school after I got out of basic training! Keesler AFB! Ship Island, Gulf Breeze, and my fave restaurant Mary Mahoneys.

...and groups of young "tweens" living up in the Canyon, off the land and off the Grid with dread locks. Like in the 60's up there with the communes, 'cept these kids have cell phones :facepalm: I thought I'd go "hang" with my niece and nephew up there last summer to quit smoking, climb rocks, be vegan for a week or so, play in the creek but it sounded like another "cult" thing...I'm 30 years too old to be hitch hiking, panhandling, and eating plants with hallucinogenic properties.
Of course it was also Anton Levey's 2nd home, don't know how many Satanist's still make residence up there. :scared: And it's full of New Agers, crystals, the Center of the Universe.........the list goes on :floorlaugh:
My dad had one of his stores up there, it's final location was in Talaquepaque. We had the upper "cabin" above "Todd's Lodge" up there in the canyon, it was very cool. It's called "Garland's" now. We could pick wild asparagus and blackberries, fish for trout down at the creek............
Another trip down memory lane:blushing:

Boy, that brought back some memories! Do you remember the old Herb Master restaurant?

Good morning everyone and happy Father's Day. :seeya:

Dani, how's the no smoking today?

Doing great and it's even one of THOSE DAYS where everything that can go wrong is going wrong. Dryer quit drying, Siri won't talk to me on my iPhone, saw a guy hit a lady in the head with his golf ball on the U.S. Open, cat puked on carpet, and I can't get my scanner to work to tell me why there are so many sirens blaring down the road. I'm almost afraid to watch my SPURS play Miami later! But, I haven't once thought I needed a cigarette. Maybe because I need both hands for fixing all this crap. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Aren't you glad you asked? :seeya:

P.S. It's almost therapeutic because the strangest thing happened. As I've mentioned before I lost my husband 6 years ago. I miss him so much. I know in the 30 years we were married there were times I wanted to strangle him. I just can't remember any of those times or even why. But today, for the 1st time I got mad at him for leaving me alone to deal with life. I wonder if that's part of the grieving process?

Oh great! I forgot Father's Day...even though I saw my dad today. This hospital stay is literally driving my crazy. I never even know what the day/or date it is. Kyle is going on his 3rd week in here. He starts chemo again on Tuesday. Which will mean another week in here.

I hugged him, kissed him on the (bald) head, and sat there holding his hand while he cried his heart out last night. This is getting really hard.

I just wanted to check in and hi :seeya: I miss you guys!

Yes, crazy indeed:
[video=youtube;bd2B6SjMh_w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd2B6SjMh_w[/video]

Another great tune.

[video=youtube;v7T2135xCZQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7T2135xCZQ[/video]

Oh also, anyone who has ever had addiction problems or a child with them.....this is a great movie. Ryan Gosling is suberb in it, as a teacher with a crack habit. It's extremely heartbreaking.....but well worth the watch.
I watch it at least every 6 months to remind myself that it is a vicious cycle, and it just ain't worth it.

It is a very hard movie for me to watch....but I make myself.

[video=youtube;BNdg2Ds3Fpw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNdg2Ds3Fpw[/video]

I am rambling this evening, but Kyle is resting and I have missed all of you.

Doing great and it's even one of THOSE DAYS where everything that can go wrong is going wrong. Dryer quit drying, Siri won't talk to me on my iPhone, saw a guy hit a lady in the head with his golf ball on the U.S. Open, cat puked on carpet, and I can't get my scanner to work to tell me why there are so many sirens blaring down the road. I'm almost afraid to watch my SPURS play Miami later! But, I haven't once thought I needed a cigarette. Maybe because I need both hands for fixing all this crap. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

P.S. It's almost therapeutic because the strangest thing happened. As I've mentioned before I lost my husband 6 years ago. I miss him so much. I know in the 30 years we were married there were times I wanted to strangle him. I just can't remember any of those times or even why. But today, for the 1st time I got mad at him for leaving me alone to deal with life. I wonder if that's part of the grieving process?

-----------------
dani, your doing OK. I think.I lost mine 6years ago, will be 7 on Aug. 29th. we were married 57 years and I sometimes feel the same as you. It's hard. The only time I wanted a cigarette (quit 11 yrs.) was when Amy and I left the hospital after "pulling" the plug on Papa. I wanted one so bad but I didnt give in, he had wanted me to quit years ago. You are young, finish your life in his Honor. Have a good time. I can tell all IMO. losing your sppouse does not compare to losing your child. I lived through that, can live through anything. I wish you well Sweetie. Gram Nore. :seeya::blowkiss:

Oh also, anyone who has ever had addiction problems or a child with them.....this is a great movie. Ryan Gosling is suberb in it, as a teacher with a crack habit. It's extremely heartbreaking.....but well worth the watch.
I watch it at least every 6 months to remind myself that it is a vicious cycle, and it just ain't worth it.

Don't be sorry! And I love Ryan G. so I have to watch this movie because i've never heard of it.

Hope the 2 of you are having a great day! :seeya: :sunshine:

Half Nelson trailer - YouTube

------------
Rosemary Pierce: :blowkiss::heartbeat::seeya: Nore.

(((Dani))),,,,I know it really hurts to miss him so much! But I know he is so proud of you for not smoking on such a trying day!

Don't worry about tonight....the Spurs will win... :seeya:

Half Nelson trailer - YouTube

We miss you too. I think about you and Kyle every day and love to see you here.

-----------------
dani, your doing OK. I think.I lost mine 6years ago, will be 7 on Aug. 29th. we were married 57 years and I sometimes feel the same as you. It's hard. The only time I wanted a cigarette (quit 11 yrs.) was when Amy and I left the hospital after "pulling" the plug on Papa. I wanted one so bad but I didnt give in, he had wanted me to quit years ago. You are young, finish your life in his Honor. Have a good time. I can tell all IMO. losing your sppouse does not compare to losing your child. I lived through that, can live through anything. I wish you well Sweetie. Gram Nore. :seeya::blowkiss:

Hi gram Nore. :seeya:

I'm so sorry you lost a child and your darling husband...you must have a lot of strength!

I took my 2 cop trained German Shepherds to the dog park where they can run and swim in the pond. Normally I don't go on weekends because the park gets crowded by the pond. Some man was there with his German Shepherd that kept going after my male who is neutered and just turned one. I mean this dog had hackles up, snarling and baring teeth. I moved my dogs away as they were not paying this aggressive dog any mind, but this dog kept following us. I finally yelled at the man that the situation was gonna escalate and he needed to leash his dog. He just looked at me and his wife told him to do it. Goodness, that could have been bad. My female would have torn that aggressive dog a new one if that dog had attacked a member of her pack. Does anyone else do dog parks?

Yes I tried but my pit bull thinks that all the toys and treats are for her. I spent more time finding the owners of toys. So I only go if it's not crowded.

Hi gram Nore. :seeya:

I'm so sorry you lost a child and your darling husband...you must have a lot of strength!

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one”. ― Bruce Lee

Yes I tried but my pit bull thinks that all the toys and treats are for her. I spent more time finding the owners of toys. So I only go if it's not crowded.

Mimi was bitten by a German Shepard in our neighborhood that wasn't on a leash, so I'm way too scared to take her to a dog park.

My husband and I took our golden retriever Bunny to the green belt to hike and swim, but we fortunately never met any aggressive dogs.

I'd be too scared now.

katy...I know what you are saying..thank you. Sometimes I just find it so, kind of demeaning for lack of a better word when a particular (very good friend) and it's only out of naivete, not any other kind of negative personality trait, but puts these "good things come to people who have a good attitude, just look at my life!" things on Facebook. And I want to vomit. Like that's all it takes. I want to say sometimes "then why do you think bad things happen to good people?".

I'm feeling very philosophical and opinionated tonite for some reason! I need a glass of wine, clearly. ;)

I hear ya. I feel the same way when parents try to take 'total credit' for having raised 'good' kids. I happen to have two wonderful, young adults that we raised. But I don't believe it was really anything my DH and I did, for the most part. that made them who they are now. We LOVE them, and never abused them. But they are who they are, and who they would have been, no matter who 'raised' them, imo. Just like AWFUL people are sometimes raised by wonderful parents and in very nice families. I have seen that happen many times. And horrid parents sometimes raise WONDERFUL children, who decided not to follow in their parents footsteps. Anyway, maybe it is my pet peeve, but it does bother me when parents judge other parents for their kids being addicts or criminals. It is often just out of their control and NOTHING that they did themselves to have created that situation. And vice versa.

Mimi was bitten by a German Shepard in our neighborhood that wasn't on a leash, so I'm way too scared to take her to a dog park.

My husband and I took our golden retriever Bunny to the green belt to hike and swim, but we fortunately never met any aggressive dogs.

I'd be too scared now.

Most dog parks are divided into small dogs/ big dogs. But I agree, it can be dangerous in there. Even on the small dog side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper