SIDEBAR #23- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't been feeling well in the stomach, so I have not opened my laptop in the last few days but today I did. I went on my linkedin and this is what I saw/Connect with George A., Safety Director at Quinco Electrical....I know they put anyone out there to connect with but I found this creepy as I know this is the infamous Casey Anthonys father. Freaky, just to freaky

Sorry you haven't been feeling well. :getwell:

What is "linkedin"?
And- do you think it's the same George?

It's a shame so many boys are "labeled" because they don't fit. My grandson told me he wished everyone would stop treating him as normal because he wasn't like them.
He's been in a charter school the last three years and it has taken a load of stress off both of us. They get to listen to their iPod's and he says it helps to concentrate, and go at their own pace. I figure he'll finish school when he's fifty LOL.

He hates Valentines day because it's also his birthday and thinks people are making fun of him.

(snipped)

BBM :floorlaugh: But at least you'll know where he is all the time. :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Thanks YESorNO. I am not sure what it is a bug, virus. I felt ill at work on Monday, by the time I got home I was shaking from chills, but had no fever. Chills were bad enough that I had hubby put the blankets in the dryer to heat them up. Very nauseous and very sour stomach with occasional pains, no desire to eat, did not even want coffee, my favorite must have. I just could sip on water. Feeling somewhat better. I did eat some pastini today with cooked canned carrots. Figured that was easy on the stomach

I haven't eaten pastini in a long time.
Reminds me of my mother and the soup she made me when I was sick.

So- I made a nice meal today for dinner: crock pot roast pork, buttered noodles, corn, garlic bread, and gravy.
I also made a marble layer cake with chocolate frosting (nothing spectacular- not from my recipe, but Duncan Hines).
I asked my son how he liked the cake (I haven't made one in years).
He said it was just "OK".
Since I'm always schooling my son in how to reply when a women asks "how do you like it" or some other important question - you know, for when he gets married, :facepalm:
I told him the "correct way" to answer:

"Why, it's the best cake I ever tasted" Only you're "from scratch" cake is better."!

No woman is going to say to me that I haven't trained my son well. :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

"Pa. couple sent to prison for 2nd prayer death of child
AP 4:10 p.m. EST February 19, 2014

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A couple who believed in faith-healing were sentenced Wednesday to 3½ to seven years in prison in the death of a second child who was sick but didn't see a doctor.

A judge told Herbert and Catherine Schaible that it wasn't 8-month-old Brandon's time to die.

"You've killed two of your children ... not God, not your church, not religious devotion — you," Philadelphia Common Pleas Judge Benjamin Lerner said.

The Schaibles pleaded no contest to third-degree murder in Brandon's death last year from pneumonia. They are third-generation members of a small Pentacostal community, the First Century Gospel Church in northeast Philadelphia...."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-sent-to-prison-for-2nd-prayer-death/5612317/

And they have 7 more children!!! :scared:

What is "linkedin"?

------------
Ricki, I'd go for it! Linkden is a legit site. Curiosity would make me go! :floorlaugh:

"Pa. couple sent to prison for 2nd prayer death of child
AP 4:10 p.m. EST February 19, 2014

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A couple who believed in faith-healing were sentenced Wednesday to 3½ to seven years in prison in the death of a second child who was sick but didn't see a doctor.

A judge told Herbert and Catherine Schaible that it wasn't 8-month-old Brandon's time to die.

"You've killed two of your children ... not God, not your church, not religious devotion — you," Philadelphia Common Pleas Judge Benjamin Lerner said.

The Schaibles pleaded no contest to third-degree murder in Brandon's death last year from pneumonia. They are third-generation members of a small Pentacostal community, the First Century Gospel Church in northeast Philadelphia...."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-sent-to-prison-for-2nd-prayer-death/5612317/

And they have 7 more children!!! :scared:

-----------
I saw that put them in prison and tell them God will get them out at the right time..:banghead:

What is "linkedin"?

Linkedin is a Social Site for workers. You can post resumes, where you work, or looking for work and connect with people you know or are in the same line of business. Yes, I am pretty sure this is George Anthony. He works at Quinco as a Safety Director at least he did not so long ago. I really don't think I want him as one of my connections.

------------
Ricki, I'd go for it! Linkden is a legit site. Curiosity would make me go! :floorlaugh:

I would but I am not that curious and do not want to taint my connections. Besides that once he saw I worked in Security and Investigations, I doubt if he would except. LOL

Hi, how is everyone ? Just popping in to say hey :wave:. I've made some new discoveries... been watching Turner Classic Movies a lot over the past couple months. One discovery... the awesome movie "The Best Years of our Lives" starring Frederick March, I just love him, he is so good. The other discovery, is the star in the film that had lost his hands in the war, was a real life war hero who really had lost his hands in the war, and had only hooks for his hands. He had never acted before, but is very good. Really awe inspiring. His name, Harold Russell. Here is a link to his bio on IMDB. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0751174/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t8

Now I'm watching Frederick March in "A Star is Born", the original 1937 version. I just love that man. And to think that I'd never even heard of him. It also stars Janet Gaynor, who also played in the 1933 film, "State Fair". I don't know why, but I'm in love with these old movies. :sigh: :heart:

So is all the bad weather gone yet? Hope everyone is staying warm and well. Thankfully it's now in the 70's here. :seeya:

Hi, how is everyone ? Just popping in to say hey :wave:. I've made some new discoveries... been watching Turner Classic Movies a lot over the past couple months. One discovery... the awesome movie "The Best Years of our Lives" starring Frederick March, I just love him, he is so good. The other discovery, is the star in the film that had lost his hands in the war, was a real life war hero who really had lost his hands in the war, and had only hooks for his hands. He had never acted before, but is very good. Really awe inspiring. His name, Harold Russell. Here is a link to his bio on IMDB. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0751174/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t8

Now I'm watching Frederick March in "A Star is Born", the original 1937 version. I just love that man. And to think that I'd never even heard of him. It also stars Janet Gaynor, who also played in the 1933 film, "State Fair". I don't know why, but I'm in love with these old movies. :sigh: :heart:

So is all the bad weather gone yet? Hope everyone is staying warm and well. Thankfully it's now in the 70's here. :seeya:

He was good in Inherit The Wind with Spencer Tracy too.

I'm watching movies in sixties. Have you ever seen The Loved One? It was considered racy for the time.

Robert Morse, John Gielgud, Milton Berle, Rod Steiger, Jonathan Winters and.....Liberace as the casket salesman.

The Loved One (1965) 1/9 - YouTube

The Loved One (1965) 2/9 - YouTube

The Loved One (1965) 3/9 - YouTube

The Loved One (1965) 4/9 - YouTube

The Loved One (1965) 5/9 - YouTube

The Loved One (1965) 6/9 - YouTube

The Loved One (1965) 7/9 - YouTube

The Loved One (1965) 8/9 - YouTube

The Loved One (1965) 9/9 - YouTube

and Paul Williams is the boy who would grow up to write the lyrics to A Star is Born with Barbara Streisand. Small world at times isn't it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=L7AIBlzCluc

Next is It's a Mad Mad Mad World, again with , Jonathan Winters,Milton Berle, Spencer Tracy and Sid Caesar, who died last week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lEeR8jxbhi0

Our peach and pear trees are trying to bloom.

Linkedin is a Social Site for workers. You can post resumes, where you work, or looking for work and connect with people you know or are in the same line of business. Yes, I am pretty sure this is George Anthony. He works at Quinco as a Safety Director at least he did not so long ago. I really don't think I want him as one of my connections.

---------
Hi Ricki, I read in one of the garage sale articles that George quit last summer. Supposedly he's now repairing wagons and selling them on eBay. That is toy wagons. LOL.:loveyou:

Neesaki, I watch a lot of them also. Have you seen East Of Eden? with James Dean, Julie Harris. That is an excellent movie. Of course I had a crush on James Dean, oh how I cried through the movie! It hit a bit close to home. There are some good cornball war movies also. Sunday Dinner for a Soldier, Since You Went Away, Mrs. Miniver, Miracle In The Rain. Fredrick March was in a lot of good movies. So was Joseph Cotten, Robert Walker ( he and Jennifer Jones were married). Shirley Temple in a few though I must say her acting wasn't too good. Oh I used to go to movies a lot. I knew of all of the stars. No TV!! The musicals were good too, Esther Williams swimming was something to see. Ethel Smith at the organ. OMG! I dont go anymore. they do not make good movies. There is more to life than sex and swearing. Oh Red Skelton was in a lot of Esthers' movies..:seeya:

Neesaki-
You have found out that Fredrick March is one of the greatest actors that no one knows about.
I just loved him in A Star IS Born and The Best Years Of Our Lives. My son wrote a paper for high school on The Best Years Of Our Lives about soldiers coming home after war. He was very impressed that this movie is sort of timeless and could be a movie about today's soldiers.

I think I fell in love with him in A Star Is Born when he said "Mind if I take just one more look?" (about 35 in YTube and everything from 1:39:07 'til the end of the movie):

(1937) William Wellman - 'A Star Is Born' starring Janet Gaynor - YouTube

The Best Years of Our Lives - The Homecoming - YouTube

------------------------------------------------------

It's about 53 degrees and the sun is shining!

Can I have a Hallelujah everyone? (I'll take today's weather

for as long as it wants to stay :drumroll:)

http://www.villagegeek.com/downloads/webwavs/hallelujah.wav

Neesaki, I watch a lot of them also. Have you seen East Of Eden? with James Dean, Julie Harris. That is an excellent movie. Of course I had a crush on James Dean, oh how I cried through the movie! It hit a bit close to home. There are some good cornball war movies also. Sunday Dinner for a Soldier, Since You Went Away, Mrs. Miniver, Miracle In The Rain. Fredrick March was in a lot of good movies. So was Joseph Cotten, Robert Walker ( he and Jennifer Jones were married). Shirley Temple in a few though I must say her acting wasn't too good. Oh I used to go to movies a lot. I knew of all of the stars. No TV!! The musicals were good too, Esther Williams swimming was something to see. Ethel Smith at the organ. OMG! I dont go anymore. they do not make good movies. There is more to life than sex and swearing. Oh Red Skelton was in a lot of Esthers' movies..:seeya:

I love the music (and the story/movie Since You When Away). I happen to have a LP record of the music from the movie. It's one of my "treasures".:cheerful:

♫•*MAX STEINER - Since You Went Away - (SUITE) •*♫ - YouTube

I also have a book about Robert Walker and Jennifer Jones- Starcrossed by Beverly Linet- that tells all about their lives.

I agree with you about the "sex and swearing", but I won't get on my soapbox about it now. :floorlaugh:

The snow is melting today,Nore (for how long- who knows).::sunshine:

When is your surgery, Niner?

March 25th...

Good luck with your surgery, Niner. :crossfingers:

How long will you be in the hospital?

I'll be there 3 days after my surgery...

I'm going to find out if the hospital has wifi, so the Huz can bring me my laptop - so I can "talk" with you guys!! If not, I'll be back here on the following Saturday!

Nore - I just finished reading Esther Williams' biography - Million Dollar Mermaid - interesting life she had!

Hi YesorNo - I "see" you are the only one here! :wave:

March 25th...

I'll be there 3 days after my surgery...

I'm going to find out if the hospital has wifi, so the Huz can bring me my laptop - so I can "talk" with you guys!! If not, I'll be back here on the following Saturday!

Nore - I just finished reading Esther Williams' biography - Million Dollar Mermaid - interesting life she had!

Hi YesorNo - I "see" you are the only one here! :wave:

BBM Yes. I'm use to talking to myself. :floorlaugh:

Please take care and let us know, when you can, of course, how everything went. I'm sure everyone will want to know.
I'll pray for you, Niner. :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member