SIDEBAR #3- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL I have had some of Kid Rocks Bad *advertiser censored* Beer. It's not bad. I have a bottle of it on my wine rack. Never to be drank. Just to have as a novelty. The Big "D" and surrounding area does have some great food.

I couldn't drink beer to save my life :blushing: DH likes Labatt's or Corona. I was looking for a large bottle of beer for cooking a corned beef on St. Patrick's Day; sommelier at the market recommended the Badass. Don't know if the beer is any good, but the corned beef "rocked" :D

Yes, there's some good eatin' in and around the "D" :)

JA was charged with burglary from the get-go:
http:///wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Jodi-Arias-Court-Docs-1.pdf

No, you have the wrong burglary.

The State of Arizona cannot charge anyone with a burglary in Siskiyou County California.

Unless they want to be laughed out of California court, that is.

HLN just showed a clip of Nurmi in the parking lot on his way to visit the murderer. His neon green shirt looks just like the one Donnavon wore in court????? Do they share? lol

Did anyone else hear dear old Jean C. today discussing the possible mitigating factors? Oh my!

She was saying that if not given the DP, Jodi could help teach her fellow inmates to read, she could teach art . . . I don't even know what to say, other than this is typical Jean C. - sometimes I think she is from another planet!

And teach her fellow inmates espanol dontcha know!

Yes, but that's an entirely different topic.

JM stated that JA burgled her grandparents and stole her grandfather's gun.

He said that she was a burglar and that she was guilty of that burglary.

[Of course common sense tells us all that she did do that, but the State did not meet the burden of proof required to aver, unqualified, without a doubt, that JA committed that burglary which was reported in another state, county and legal jurisdiction.]

I still say there was a deal.

Maybe pedophilia testiphony for burglary stipulation -- yes, speculation on my part.

Seems to me that since DT argued (and JA testified) consistently that she got the gun from the closet shelf that there was no stipulation, formal or informal, of her committing the burglary.

Just moo

ITA. Still creeps me out to wonder why Jodi Arias bought a 9mm gun which was found taped to the inside of the rental car she was using to move away from Yreka when arrested. Among the belongings she had packed in the car were some knives.

Additional intended victims? Where was the gun taped..trunk, floor? Don't remember.

:seeya: :fence: :seeya:

BBM >> The gun was strapped to the car engine. The knives were hidden in a box of books. :eek:

I posted something in the Court Observer's thread that I would love to share with you all. It is post # 1062 if you have time to read it. TIA

What a lovely post...and so glad your daughter is Ok. But I gotta ask why did you post that in the Court Observers thread? If you had not told us I know I would never had seen your post or shared your experience? I think I am simply confused about what the CO thread really is for?

ITA. Still creeps me out to wonder why Jodi Arias bought a 9mm gun which was found taped to the inside of the rental car she was using to move away from Yreka when arrested. Among the belongings she had packed in the car were some knives.
She knew from very recent experience that a .25 calibre wasn't very powerful.

Wasn't sure where to post this so I thought this might be as good of place as any. I am kind of late to the websleuth "party" of posting reactions cause of life, school and work but was finally able to watch Steven and Samantha impact statements.

It had to take a tremendous amount of strength to get up in front of jury and pour your heart out like they both did. I think it was a healing moment for each of them. To be able to open up and share THEIR voice about how Travis' death has effect them.

Steven was strong throughout the trial. I wonder if he felt like he needed to be because his strength, Travis, was gone. I could sense that he is still very angry that Travis was murdered and how he was left. And rightly so! I almost wish he could've let loose his anger and emotions and got it all out. I know he would have felt better. I just sense he is holding it all in and I hope after this is all over, he will have the opportunity to heal and let go of his anger. My prayers are with him cause I understand how anger can tear you up inside.

Sweet Samantha. She is very strong. I admire her courage and perserverance. (sp?) Not knowing the family or their dynamics, I wonder if Samantha is closest to tempermant and personality to Travis. There seems to be a strong sibling bond between Travis and her.

Det. Flores, standing up when both Steven and Samantha moved to podium to speak is respectful and shows the character that you have as Det and a person. Much respect to you.

The whole Alexander family has been through so much and I believe that, while Travis is no longer with them in person, he is still the strength and glue that helps hold them together.
My prayers and thoughts continue to be the whole family.

BBQ?
I was born and raised in soCal..I can cook Mex like crazy. My DIL is from Naples, Italy..so now we all cook real Italian food.
We moved the family to NC over 20 years ago..now we know how to smoke pork and chicken all day! YUMMY! Brine it first, then dry rub, then smoke.
It is hard to keep lit, lolol

Do you take in and, more importantly, feed boarders?

HLN just showed a clip of Nurmi in the parking lot on his way to visit the murderer. His neon green shirt looks just like the one Donnavon wore in court????? Do they share? lol

Oh, to be a fly on the wall of THAT visit! :drama:

Seems to me that since DT argued (and JA testified) consistently that she got the gun from the closet shelf that there was no stipulation, formal or informal, of her committing the burglary.

Just moo

Which is why they didn't object when JM pronounced JA a burglar and said that she was guilty of the burglary of her grandparents' home, and specifically that she stole her grandfather's gun?

http://youtu.be/L_uaGMSf21E?t=9m15s

I keep wondering why there were no kidnapping charges, as she obviously held him against his will!

With a gun like OJ! (who she shares a birthday with) :scared:

Yes, he did accuse her of that very thing.

The State's position was that Travis didn't own or possess a gun.

This is the video at the top of this Sidebar #3 thread, cued to the spot:

http://youtu.be/L_uaGMSf21E?t=9m10s

The State of Arizona has no jurisdiction in CA. The State's theory is JA either brought the gun with her or, as Jodi claims, she used Travis' gun. Either way the burglary was while she was within the home. It really has nothing to do with the gun. Once she decided to use the knife and the gun against Travis she was an unwelcomed guest in Travis' home. JM did not have to prove she stole the gun. Jodi was already guilty of burglary because it was not her home and she was unlawfully committing a crime by killing Travis. Therefore the State's burden was proven beyond a doubt. How Jodi got the gun has nothing to do with the fact that she committed a burglary in the State of Arizona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmann420