SIDEBAR #4- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Juror #8 isn't on trial here, nor is his personal life. The only allowable discussion pertaining to juror #8 is his interview on Dr. Drew or other media interviews.

OMG...............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.................What a great name!!!!

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

The whole nature versus nurture issue is what stops me cold from being pro DP. If, for whatever reason, you're psychological development is screwed up early on, it's a ***** to overcome, just like a physical defect that has to be compensated for. I've been around a lot of sociopaths. It seems to me that they know at some surface level that hurting people is not right, but it's not internalized and they have to make a constant effort to remember that they are supposed to have empathy. Many, many of them (like JA) are dangerous and need to be isolated for life. Maybe she really is the definition for pure evil. Maybe she's soul sick and there's a chance for treatment or redemption down the road and maybe (probably) not. I just can't get in the zone for taking another life until I understand more of these "maybes."

I really think it's both .. but I can't see that someone would want to be like JA at all .. I can't even imagine being so obsessed with a man that I would do all the things she did. Like what was she going through internally that made her follow Travis on dates, slash his tires, sneak into his house etc .. a lot I would imagine, but at this stage nearly anyone else would go into therapy! The special element of someone like JA is that she didn't even have enough insight to do that .. she basically has the mindset of 'I want it, therefore it must be right' and if someone else's stance gets in the way of that then she just tears them down until their opinion or rights mean nothing .. to her, which is all that matters.

I'm kind of amazed that she got as far as she did in life without some kind of intervention .. I don't know what would have been available, but every time we follow a case there are numerous signs that this is where someone was headed, but opportunities for others around them to do something about it are very limited.

Mrs. G., I'll believe it when I see it. I don't think she can help herself. She may start down that road, but at some point, she's gonna make a hard U-turn and start in with the "if only the State hadn't insisted on airing Travis' dirty laundry," or some such nonsense. Now, I could be entirely wrong about that, and then I shall have a big slice o' humble pie. Hey, like this!!!!

I totally agree...I think she will apologize, but there will be a huge qualifier....something along the lines of....I'm so sorry this happened, I didn't want it to happen, and I didn't mean for it to happen.......BUT he forced me to. I just couldn't take the abuse anymore....I was afraid he would kill me!

/massive eyeroll

Also, jumping off comment(s) made previously with regard to remorse equals guilt. I don't feel this is true....In a true DV scenario, I would bet most women would be regretful for killing their abuser, moreover I think that in the majority of those cases the woman doesn't try to get away with the killing. Even if they tried to do so initially, I'm sure that as soon as they sat across from a detective in an interrogation room they would "crack" and admit to everything.

Funny how JA never acted in such a way!

All just MOO of course :)

I just adopted a baby possum! :fence:
Naturally, I had to Google "opossums" and discovered their diet is complicated (not just cat food and milk bones...) Now I go every other day to buy a nice fresh fruit salad @ $3.59 and hope he'll make up for the lack of "amphibians, slugs, insects and reptiles" when he's a little older and on his own. :eek::snake::snail::bee::takeoff::frog:
We have a dog named Squirrel (my nieces are crazy) who's best friend is an opossum. Squirrel will go to the back door and wait for one of us. Most of the time she stays inside but if she goes outside at night we will start hearing noises. Sure enough we can see the two of them yapping at each other. Squirrel barks and then the opossum squeels. They stand about 3 feet apart and never move until its over. It is hilarious to watch!!

WagaraTapaTalk

I think this is very intentional.. So the dt can say cmja was raised by wolves and her friends are cray cray and on heroin. What's a girl to do? Don't be surprised at the antics.

:floorlaugh:

That's probably why no one from her family will be testifying. It supports the "lack of family support" mitigating circumstance.

Wrong twitter account.........don't "T.O." me PLEASE! But it's #JodiArias that DB was running......Just to set the record straight.

But didn't DB set up the other one while the first one was down during the weekend after conviction?

I totally agree...I think she will apologize, but there will be a huge qualifier....something along the lines of....I'm so sorry this happened, I didn't want it to happen, and I didn't mean for it to happen.......BUT he forced me to. I just couldn't take the abuse anymore....I was afraid he would kill me!

/massive eyeroll

Also, jumping off comment(s) made previously with regard to remorse equals guilt. I don't feel this is true....In a true DV scenario, I would bet most women would be regretful for killing their abuser, moreover I think that in the majority of those cases the woman doesn't try to get away with the killing. Even if they tried to do so initially, I'm sure that as soon as they sat across from a detective in an interrogation room they would "crack" and admit to everything.

Funny how JA never acted in such a way!

All just MOO of course :)

Of course, you're entirely right about what real victims would likely do -- at least at some point. But, we're talking about Ms. Arias, who really deserves consideration as an entirely new order of life.

BBM~ I know. That I find weird. But, she did move from job-job, and guy-guy. It seems as though when someone had her number, she moved on. Unfortunately, not with Travis.

I really think it's both .. but I can't see that someone would want to be like JA at all .. I can't even imagine being so obsessed with a man that I would do all the things she did. Like what was she going through internally that made her follow Travis on dates, slash his tires, sneak into his house etc .. a lot I would imagine, but at this stage nearly anyone else would go into therapy! The special element of someone like JA is that she didn't even have enough insight to do that .. she basically has the mindset of 'I want it, therefore it must be right' and if someone else's stance gets in the way of that then she just tears them down until their opinion or rights mean nothing .. to her, which is all that matters.

I'm kind of amazed that she got as far as she did in life without some kind of intervention .. I don't know what would have been available, but every time we follow a case there are numerous signs that this is where someone was headed, but opportunities for others around them to do something about it are very limited.

Oh, thanks for that! Love me some Chaka. My fave is "Ain't Nobody (love me betta)"

HEY! Me Too. Let's spin it!

[video=youtube;WNfraAEqLFc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNfraAEqLFc[/video]

I went to the Caylee memorial site today and left a purple balloon for Caylee and a blue balloon for Travis. I took video and some photographs. apparently they have not put up a new cross and folks have left more things than the last time I was here in November. nothing appears to have been removed and more moments area there now.

What was amazing is that I took a wrong turn on a major intersection and had to backtrack through to get to the site. my GPS let me back to get where I need to be and had me turn on EMU drive!

It's those little things in life you notice a connection. I know that Steely Dan I first met on the Caylee threads.. And seeing EMU drive on my GPS to get to Caylee was just very strange indeed.

I said a prayer from all of us, and shared again with Caylee that many of us are here supporting Travis because of her.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
Thank you so much for doing this and sharing the photos!!! Your post made me smile and shed a few tears. Rest in paradise, Travis and Caylee. Both of you, will never be forgotten! :heartbeat:

My contribution to tonights music is one of my all time favorite songs but if you saw me you'd never believe it because this song is not me at all! It reminds me of being a child and having an uncle who was a genuine hippy. This is how I imagined his home life to be.
[video=youtube;rKaQzQAlNn4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKaQzQAlNn4&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]
WagaraTapaTalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member