SIDEBAR #44 - Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:gaah: It's been raining since last night and I can't go outside and puddle jump!!!!!

Patience, Bernina! :therethere:

We got a lot of snow in the last few days--it's now melting everywhere and creating a huge mess. Muddy dog paw prints all over the house.

Between the snow melting and the rain, my yard is a giant puddle. Dirty paw prints all over my house. Oh wella.

So I'm finished with part one of the quilt top, it measures 69" x 78", I cut 2" white strips to go around the sides, connecting with the lattice ends and then will do a border attached to that, I have enough of most of the fabrics used in the piecing so not sure if it'll just be one of the fabrics or if I'll piece it. The binding will be done with the darkest blue/green batik in the top. I'm heading up noth on Thursday to meet the new grandson, let daughter get some good hours of sleep in a row and see all the family, so I'll decide the border while I'm away.

View attachment 70389

That's so pretty! I can't have those kind of quilts on my bed.......woofs :facepalm:. Why they haven't destroyed my down mattress or comforter is beyond me other than that I have this huge "flokati" type rug thing over the top of everything. It's actually a Bedouin tent flap dealio, it came from an auction and was given to me, has the old rivets on 2 sides to tie into a hut frame. Thick raw shaggy wool tufts on one side and woven wool on the other, have to take it to a triple loader and the laundry mat to clean it (cold water).
Weighs about 50 lbs dry.

I want a quilt!!!!!:tantrum:

"Dog Print Paradise", glad you are all enjoying the same, lol! :floorlaugh: Mine have stayed near the wood stove for the most part, I just don't know why they can't shake off the water BEFORE they come in the house, it has to be a "dog thing"!

That's so pretty! I can't have those kind of quilts on my bed.......woofs :facepalm:. Why they haven't destroyed my down mattress or comforter is beyond me other than that I have this huge "flokati" type rug thing over the top of everything. It's actually a Bedouin tent flap dealio, it came from an auction and was given to me, has the old rivets on 2 sides to tie into a hut frame. Thick raw shaggy wool tufts on one side and woven wool on the other, have to take it to a triple loader and the laundry mat to clean it (cold water).
Weighs about 50 lbs dry.

I want a quilt!!!!!:tantrum:

No, you don't. You're right: dogs destroy quilts. You should see the one on my bed now. Huck used to doggy scritch-scratch before he turned in circles to make his nest. Some of the patches are almost scratched off!

:gaah: It's been raining since last night and I can't go outside and puddle jump!!!!!
:nono: You can't puddle jump with your broken foot anyhow. Cool it missy. Don't make us ride out there and lasso you. No llama drama for you!

The scuttle butt is JAII wants to involve the "Innocence Project"........right.

http://www.innocenceproject.org/inp...e-innocence-project-to-get-involved-in-a-case

CMJA admitted she killed Travis. It's a done deal. Her DT has had over $3 million to "prove" her innocence...........come on, I can't even think of a defendant who had THAT much money tied up in a defense, can any of you?

There's no way they will get involved. It was her DNA on the scene, it wasn't a false confession, and she isn't innocent!!!

I also was watching some of the first trial & it didn't matter if the def. or Juan was up, the whole time MLDR was on her phone. She was actually smiling & laughing while texting & tweeting. And it didn't stop, she hardly looked up. I didn't notice it as much that time, even tho televised, I guess I was more interested in listening to the testimony than she was. I don't know how to clip a piece from youtube & post a photo here. I can't seem to post any photo here just the link comes up. Anyway, I was reading GreyHuze thread with his videos & he has trial links & those are the ones that I saw MLDR on her phone. I mean, she never put it down!

Who was the woman with the Arias Twins in the leopard print suit?

Outta here until tomorrow! :seeya: Hope Dmacky gets back here for the verdict......grrrrrr!

And I've been very good with da foot today, LinusK! Actaully had the boyfriend feed the critters tonight, no mud for me!!!

Have a fantastic evening kids, and positive thoughts for a verdict tomorrow! 9:00 mst, I'll be here!

Justice for Travis. So close.

Going to binge watch some more Downton Abbey now with copious amounts of rainbow sherbet. I'll check in tomorrow from work to see what's happening but probably won't be able to post. Midterm approaches... :seeya:

So I'm finished with part one of the quilt top, it measures 69" x 78", I cut 2" white strips to go around the sides, connecting with the lattice ends and then will do a border attached to that, I have enough of most of the fabrics used in the piecing so not sure if it'll just be one of the fabrics or if I'll piece it. The binding will be done with the darkest blue/green batik in the top. I'm heading up noth on Thursday to meet the new grandson, let daughter get some good hours of sleep in a row and see all the family, so I'll decide the border while I'm away.

View attachment 70389

Oh, Geevee, that is beautiful!. I love the Batiks you used. I know the amount of time it took to put that together! Are you doing to have it machine quilted? My friend actually got to go to a Batik factory on an island and see how the fabric is made. Then she brought back 20 yards of batiks! That is the only reason she went on the cruise with her husband....it was his work cruise and she usually does not go. The draw of being able to go and get some batiks was too much for her, so she went! She does a lot of hand applique work. I like to make what you have shown here.

Enjoy seeing your new baby, your daughter, family and the trip!

Thanks Bernina ands MsJosie, I love batiks too, even though cruises aren't my favorite, I'd have gone too to bring back scads of batiks. :)

P.S. No dogs here so I can have lots of quilts. lol Oh, and I'll be quilting it somehow, I ordered a FattBatt from JoAnn's, it oughta be a circus wrestling that thing under the small Janome I have. I must be crazy but I wanted a very puffy comforter/quilt. lol

If there is a verdict tomorrow, I expect it to come between 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm EST. I have a dental cleaning appointment then. :scared:

Spellie - where would I find the lotion you recommended? I have a terrible time with dry cracked feet. Don't laugh but I'm daily walking around with plastic bags on my feet after applying lotion. Took myself off insulin and feet have gotten much worse.

I'm thinking that they will give her LWOP~~i think DP is tooooo easy for her. With DP she has appeals courtesy of Arizona ~~time for her to pay for something

My personal belief is that Jodi spending the rest of her days in isolation on Death Row is a fitting punishment for her. Not only for the way she committed her crime, but also for her deplorable and unforgiving behavior ever since.

Should she get Life, she will most certainly make the most of her position in what ever segment of the population she eventually works herself up to, and she will learn to enjoy herself and her inevitable title of The Princess Of Perryville.

If she gets Death, then whatever happens will happen with respect to lawyers, appeals and such. And even if she's never executed, that's fine with me. I just want her to rot in solitary confinement for as long as possible -- even if it's "only" for 25 years until her sentence is somehow overturned. But will her lemmings hang in there with her, or will they be long gone by then? Maybe they'll recruit new ones along the way.

Anyhoo...

Spellie - where would I find the lotion you recommended? I have a terrible time with dry cracked feet. Don't laugh but I'm daily walking around with plastic bags on my feet after applying lotion. Took myself off insulin and feet have gotten much worse.

Daisymae, I've been having problems with that too, I think due to menopause. What's been helping me- a combination of foot fungus spray, keeping my feel dry, staying hydrated, and there is a really good lotion that Kohl's sells, I think Earth Therapeutics is the brand.

Thanks, LinasK, but my feet are too dry and I have to keep them moist. I use lotion twice a day with bags for an hour or two, and let them dry out else I would have foot fungus. :) They are peeling and cracking and the lotion helps a lot, but would like to try other lotions. Will look in Kohl's next time I'm there. Thanks! Menopause was 14 years ago?

This is the first year that I haven't had painful cracked heels. I did the listerine , white vinegar foot soak, and the dead skin fell off like a miracle. Google it. It really works.

Debbie Harry (Blondie) nearly a victim of Ted Bundy?

The whole article is interesting, but then again I liked Blondie a lot. And it's not every day you see Iggy Pop in a tuxedo! :waitasec:

Wow, never heard that story before. Creepy! I don't know if The Gits from Seattle would have gone on to stardom like Blondie or not (The Gits couldn't have been any worse than Courtney Love's Hole, could they?), but their lead singer Mia Zapata was raped and killed after also walking home by herself late one night after a show at a local club in the early 90's. I think her killer was eventually identified through DNA about ten years later, arrested, tried and found guilty of her rape and murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo