SIDEBAR #50 - Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I put a small bird house right over our front door after birds have built nests almost every year in a wreath which hangs on the wall near the door.

This year, we have 2 Wrens that have used the small birdhouse for the first time....Yippeee

It sure beats them trying to nest in the wreath which hangs vertically off the wall and they would get scared off each time we opened the door.

We think the wrens are in there now as we have seen them flying in and out of the small birdhouse. I can try to get a picture of the birdhouse.

Here is the picture of our small birdhouse right over our front door. 2 Wrens like it this year for first time. :)

Attachments

• IMG_1968.JPG
    IMG_1968.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 109
cj ~ Thank you for being so honest and open. As you can see there are many of us here that share the same unfortunate and embarrassing truth about one of our children. They all grew up together with the same love/parents/rules etc.... and then somehow you have that one that you are completely blindsided by.
I have not uttered a word of this to anybody here except spellbound. For us as parents, it is so embarrassing! You are not alone...My daughter liked pills. ALOT :frown:

I will go into more detail when I have time, I just wanted to write this while I still had enough nerve.

Awww, Dmacky, I sure understand. :therethere: I knew my son was heading for a drinking problem when he was about 15 or 16, but when I voiced my concern to others I was told I was being to strict or he was just like other kids. Even in college, coaches were not honest about it. He is in his mid40's now.

Being able to talk about it has helped me so much. My best heat-to-heart talks come from my unknown yet closest online friends. Maybe we need a separate thread (and what to call it?).

Is it ust me or are the threads goofed up? I had to go into 9 to get to 11. Twelve is out of order date wise. Posts are not posting. Tia..

Is it ust me or are the threads goofed up? I had to go into 9 to get to 11. Twelve is out of order date wise. Posts are not posting. Tia..

Mine seems to be working ok. On a laptop and I use the default post per page which i think is 25 or whatever the normal setting is.

I also use the defaults for everything like that SIDE-ADD thing we talked about a week or so ago because when i tried to get rid of the side adds with those suggestions, it really messed up my screen so i just live with those side adds on the right.
I almost couldnt change the settings back but somehow I figured out how to get the default setting back.

I was going to say no problem here except for sometimes it takes a while to load the whole page. But I glanced up at this post box and the only "options" I have showing are font and size. Where did they all go?

I was going to say no problem here except for sometimes it takes a while to load the whole page. But I glanced up at this post box and the only "options" I have showing are font and size. Where did they all go?

Oh Yeah. Now that is something I have noticed. It takes a LONG TIME for the page to load all the posts, so you have to wait and make sure the page is fully loaded before trying to scroll down. Maybe that is what Nore is experiencing.

I sometimes will click on the page before the current page and then click back to the page I want and it seems to load a little faster that way. But that is something new that I have noticed in past couple weeks. pages taking a long time to get all the posts loaded.

ETA. I think I have all my normal post options.

Those colored icons in the post box are all back now.... :thinking: Maybe this program doesn't like the weather patterns any more than we do.

Alysha Palumbo @AlyshaNECN · 20s 21 seconds ago
BREAKING: the jury in the marathon bombings trial has begun life or death deliberations for Dzhokhar #Tsarnaev @NECN

Been reading Willie Nelson's book, "It's a Long Story, My Life".
Pretty interesting!

cj ~ Thank you for being so honest and open. As you can see there are many of us here that share the same unfortunate and embarrassing truth about one of our children. They all grew up together with the same love/parents/rules etc.... and then somehow you have that one that you are completely blindsided by.
I have not uttered a word of this to anybody here except spellbound. For us as parents, it is so embarrassing! You are not alone...My daughter liked pills. ALOT :frown:

I will go into more detail when I have time, I just wanted to write this while I still had enough nerve.

I am in the same club too dmacky and Spellie. My daughter liked the pills too . It is horrible to be a parent in distress.

I heard that our life loving, kind and talented artist has filed an appeal. I guess she does not like her new forever home.

Thank you Ruby! I guess I need to give myself permission to proceed. I have found the cabinets and the counter top. I am just trying to "make do" and work around the obvious need. I look at the cost and think wow, you could buy a car or a nice saddle for 5K, or pay tuition for one semester. It needs to be done, as my kitchen looks so dated in part.

Just do it, Zuri!

Well, as long as you don't give up your travel plans to Europe!

To all of you here:
it's so nice to be able to meet you all here. Listening, sharing, helping, laughing - so precious!
Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Arpaio: Wittmann 'puppy mill' largest his office has seen

http://www.kpho.com/story/29055273/arpaio-wittmann-puppy-mill-largest-his-office-has-seen

A Wittmann woman is accused of operating a puppy mill after the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office rescued nearly 100 animals from her property Wednesday morning.

Arpaio said the situation was not to be confused with animal hoarding."She's in this to make money," he said, adding that many of the dogs were not properly cared for and could possibly be diseased.
He said the woman was arrested for a similar situation in Oregon in 1994.

7756741_G.jpg

Awww, Dmacky, I sure understand. :therethere: I knew my son was heading for a drinking problem when he was about 15 or 16, but when I voiced my concern to others I was told I was being to strict or he was just like other kids. Even in college, coaches were not honest about it. He is in his mid40's now.

Being able to talk about it has helped me so much. My best heat-to-heart talks come from my unknown yet closest online friends. Maybe we need a separate thread (and what to call it?).

Naw, we don't need another thread. It's kind of nice hanging with the same peeps that have come and stayed here over the last 2 years or so........has it been that long?
We've all kind of figured out each other's writing styles, play pretty dang well with others, and have pretty much thrown our hearts out there from time to time.:loveyou:

Can't relocate the "family"! :floorlaugh:

Oh Yeah. Now that is something I have noticed. It takes a LONG TIME for the page to load all the posts, so you have to wait and make sure the page is fully loaded before trying to scroll down. Maybe that is what Nore is experiencing.

I sometimes will click on the page before the current page and then click back to the page I want and it seems to load a little faster that way. But that is something new that I have noticed in past couple weeks. pages taking a long time to get all the posts loaded.

ETA. I think I have all my normal post options.

I just wrote out a long post clicked to post it and it's gone somewhere. Don't know where it ednt

Hey Bernina :), I am going to try the knee with Benji, I never even thought of using the word “down”, of course thinking now about it, it’s the perfect word.
Hey Spellbound :), wiggly describes Benji perfect. He’s so darn cute I really have to try hard to not laugh at him. I just bought some puppy treats for Benji.
Thanks for the advice!

Naw, we don't need another thread. It's kind of nice hanging with the same peeps that have come and stayed here over the last 2 years or so........has it been that long?
We've all kind of figured out each other's writing styles, play pretty dang well with others, and have pretty much thrown our hearts out there from time to time.:loveyou:

Can't relocate the "family"! :floorlaugh:

Shucks, thanks Bernina! I would much rather stay here and share than go to another room. mwah!

Grammie, I so love hearing puppy tales! I really am happy to follow Benji's progress. I look forward to it when I see your name with a new post.

pages .... did you try re-opening the post box.... look for the "auto-save" in it near the bottom and you might get back some/most of your post when that happens.

I'm not too knowledgeable regarding drug and alcohol abuse, but my gut instinct and mother's intuition tells me there's some connection between the under-developed brains of adolescents/teenagers/young adults, and the high levels of hormones people experience during the early stages of becoming an adult which renders them vulnerable to adopting poor coping mechanisms.

Perpetrators of violent crimes, people who seem intent on harming themselves or others, those who are susceptible to uncontrolled fits of rage, people who suffer from severe depression -- all seem to peak (be at their worst) during those years. Whichever way their maladaptive behavior manifests itself, my heart goes out to them. There is certainly a high level of psychic pain going on there.

I also believe that in their calmer/saner/sober moments, they feel awful about the things they've done, who they've hurt and what they've become. Along with that most likely comes shame, regret and self-loathing. From there, it can become a vicious cycle.

Even in the criminal justice system, you can see documentation of how people mellow out with age. I have to think that the lowering of hormone levels has something to do with that. Testosterone in particular is highly associated with aggressive behavior, so once those levels go down, so do many unwanted behaviors.

I'm not making excuses or arguing that family members shouldn't take advantage of any and all therapies available, but part of me thinks that Big Pharma (along with minimizing the potential benefits of weed), downplays the already available but less profitable option of hormone therapies. I wish more research would be done about it.

But in the meantime, I would offer that families going through the ordeal bear in mind and take some solace in the fact that if you can just keep them alive, with each passing day the prospects of their loved ones overcoming the demons that haunt them becomes a promise more and more likely to come true. :)

JMO

I been reading about the posts on addiction. Funny we have so many things in common. I have a loved one who also was on drugs during the teens and early 20's. Thank God, at her lowest point she turned back to us. She does take methadone and most likely will never be off it. The dosage has been reduced. She is productive, decent job, home and family. She is my daughter and is a compassionate loving person. I am proud that she has come so far. It was so difficult going through those years with her. So, many questions. What have I done wrong, will it ever end, will she live to 25. Many tears, prayers and outside support helped. I know what it feels like and it sucks.

On another note I received several calls today from ROBO IRS scammers. The ones that say I am agent so and so with the IRS. This is time sensitive matter. Have your appointed attorney call us before we take action. I NEVER answer numbers I don't recognize but I do look it up on the internet and low and behold, there it was with dozens and dozens of others complaining they got the same call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stefunee