SIDEBAR #59 - Travis Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! FYI: I'm doing fine health wise. It is a major health issue that a family member is dealing with...need all the prayers for the family and for strength.

Just letting you know that I am here and have read your post, I have a lot on my mind. A monkey has thrown a wrench at us and I'm trying hard deal with it. When I am ready, I will talk about it. Keep us in your prayers...love you all.
My sweet friend CJ :loveyou:
We will be here for you when you are ready. :grouphug:

BBM If your MD did not get a tissue swab of your stomach or do the other tests available for H. Pylori, you may have the H. Pylori bug and that may be the reason you still have stomach pains occasionally. I don't think it's normal to have stomach pains.

Please do yourself a favor and reread that article I posted yesterday. H. Pylori can/does cause stomach cancer (what my grandmother died of :( ) and it is better to be safe than sorry, IMO. H. Pylori can be a silent killer. :scared:

And read this one:

H Pylori: The silent killer living inside all of us

"...“H Pylori is one of the most widespread infections in the world and around 60 per cent of the UAE population has it,” says Dr Gopalan. “Yet most people don’t know about this silent infection until they start suffering from gastritis or the painful effects of ulcers.”

Its presence is hard to detect, but delayed discovery can give rise to a number of problems as H Pylori is associated not only with ulcers, but also with stomach cancer and gastric malt lymphoma, which is a stomach cancer affecting the white blood cells of the immune system.

Thankfully, once the cause of Alisha’s problems had been pinpointed, her infection was easy to eradicate. “She was put on a course of antibiotics for 14 days, after which the symptoms she had been suffering from for so long subsided remarkably,” says Dr Gopalan...."

http://gulfnews.com/leisure/health/h-pylori-the-silent-killer-living-inside-all-of-us-1.1093053

(guess I'm just a little paranoid about H. Pylori because of my grandmother's stomach cancer....:scared:)

Thanks. I will definitely mention this to doctor and may even try to get tested just to be sure.

It definitely has some of the earmarkings of what I expereinced. And it could have caused the extra acid in my stomach to begin with so its still a possibility.

Its funny you mentioned something like this because I always thought I had a "bug" of some sort in my stomach like Giardia or something that may have triggered all my problems so it would make sense it could be something like this.

Especially since the article said it starts in young people as I was pretty young when it started.

Thanks Yes/No.

Hey!

coffeejunkie said:
Thank you! FYI: I'm doing fine health wise. It is a major health issue that a family member is dealing with...need all the prayers for the family and for strength.

:grouphug: JINGLES!! and prayers coming to your family! :praying:

Anyone remember American Bandstand?

Rock 'n Roll is here to stay! by Danny & the Juniors
I give it a 10 - you can REALLY dance to it! :D

[video=youtube;egmIP5BkqPI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egmIP5BkqPI[/video]

♪♫♪♫♪Rock 'n roll will always be
our ticket to the end
It will go down in history,
Just you wait, my friend
Rock 'n roll will always be,
It'll go down in history
If you don't like rock 'n roll,
Think what you've been missin'.
But if you like to bop and stroll,
Come on down and listen
Let's all start to have a ball,
Everybody rock 'n roll. ♪♫♪♫♪

My favorite Rock 'n Roll song! :D

anyway... finally got caught up on DeOrr's thread, now have to sign out for the night! Take care everyone!
:seeya:

Don't forget OJ's show tonight at 10:00PM. EST :)

respectfully snipped:

Morgan Freeman visits Illinois serial killer Brian Dugan for documentary

Dugan readily admitted he is a psychopath. He acknowledged that he remains a danger to society, because of a "very strong rage," and is not rehabilitated. Yet, Dugan said, through aging and his own efforts at self-improvement, "I can remember my old self, but it's like a different person now."

He continued, "I've changed to a point, but I'm still dangerous. ... He still lives in me."

Dugan said his crimes were motivated by sexual compulsion, self-preservation and an emotional "numbness." He attributed that feeling to his drug and alcohol use, an abusive upbringing and his psychopathic nature.

"I was driven by some kind of an impulse that kept growing," he said. "It was like being a hamster on a little wheel."...

"I know I'm a psychopath. I know I'm impulsive. I know I don't have much empathy. I know I used to be glib. I've improved myself on each point. I still have impulses, but they're controlled now."...

The documentary series is set to air on the National Geographic Channel in the middle of next year (2016)."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BBM

I have a theory about the relationship between violent crimes and testosterone levels, wherein young men are prone to such activities. Older men, even if they had violent pasts, outgrow it. Kinda wish those young, violent types could be put on a pill.

JMO

ETA

I also wonder about how many young men today use steroids, which seem readily available to most people these days...

Respectfully sniped:

The Simple Reason College Tuition Costs Have Exploded :(
"...The Fed’s assessment is that a vicious cycle has taken hold of the education market, and increasing costs are being fueled by an increased demand for loans and student aid. “While one would expect a student aid expansion to benefit its recipients, the subsidized loan expansion could have been to their detriment, on net, because of the sizable and offsetting tuition effect,” the study says.

In a nutshell, what’s happening is that the expansion of federal student loans and aid is causing schools to drive up what they charge in tuition. Why? Because they can, basically. It’s as simple as seeing more money available, and taking the necessary measures to secure it. In all, for every dollar awarded in grants and federally-backed loans, tuition goes up 55 to 65 cents.

“We find that institutions that were most exposed to these aid ahead of the policy changes experienced disproportionate tuition increases around these changes,” researchers write. “We find a passthrough effect of Pell Grants and subsidized loans on sticker price tuition of about 55 and 65 cents on the dollar, respectively.”..."

http://www.cheatsheet.com/money-car...e-tuition-costs-have-exploded.html/?a=viewall
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So basically, they're charging more just because they can!!! And putting our young people in debt, just because they can???

I say boycott these institutions; there have to be better and more affordable ways for people to get a good education. JMO

Please know we are sending Jingles and prayers. I am so sorry you all are going through this. Xo

Thanks. I will definitely mention this to doctor and may even try to get tested just to be sure.

It definitely has some of the earmarkings of what I expereinced. And it could have caused the extra acid in my stomach to begin with so its still a possibility.

Its funny you mentioned something like this because I always thought I had a "bug" of some sort in my stomach like Giardia or something that may have triggered all my problems so it would make sense it could be something like this.

Especially since the article said it starts in young people as I was pretty young when it started.

Thanks Yes/No.

Hi hatfield! I'm sorry you have to deal with these stomach issues. I'm 30 and this past year while we were living in Ohio, I was hospitalized several times due to stomach pain and upper gI issues that resulted in two endoscopies. In the first one they found an ulcer, tested it for h. Pylori which was negative, and put me on a medicine called protonics. They checked again a few months later and it was gone but I think it's back again. I was told by my GI that it's standard procedure to test for h. Pylori so maybe they tested you and it was negative and just never brought it up? I'm sure it would be in your records. I was sent to the ER by my primary care doc last week because of my symptoms, she was worried I had a bleeding or perforated ulcer. Thankfully they ruled out anything that would require immediate medical intervention, and they don't know what caused the pain which is so often the case with abdmominal pain, so it's back to the GI doc I go to probably get scoped again.

I am not trying to be an alarmist, but I really hope you see a good GI doc and get a full examination. If they went in previously and didnt swab for h. Pylori in the areas you talked about in a previous post then that is really strange.

Also, maybe it's a dietary thing and a good GI doc would be able to start you on elimation diets and do specific blood work to see if there's anything dietary causing your pain.

I hope you feel better. Don't do what I did and wait until it is so uncomfortable that it gets to the point where it can cause serious problems. If it still concerns you and is uncomfortable then it's something that needs to be looked into further. I hope you feel better!

Hi hatfield! I'm sorry you have to deal with these stomach issues. I'm 30 and this past year while we were living in Ohio, I was hospitalized several times due to stomach pain and upper gI issues that resulted in two endoscopies. In the first one they found an ulcer, tested it for h. Pylori which was negative, and put me on a medicine called protonics. They checked again a few months later and it was gone but I think it's back again. I was told by my GI that it's standard procedure to test for h. Pylori so maybe they tested you and it was negative and just never brought it up? I'm sure it would be in your records. I was sent to the ER by my primary care doc last week because of my symptoms, she was worried I had a bleeding or perforated ulcer. Thankfully they ruled out anything that would require immediate medical intervention, and they don't know what caused the pain which is so often the case with abdmominal pain, so it's back to the GI doc I go to probably get scoped again.

I am not trying to be an alarmist, but I really hope you see a good GI doc and get a full examination. If they went in previously and didnt swab for h. Pylori in the areas you talked about in a previous post then that is really strange.

Also, maybe it's a dietary thing and a good GI doc would be able to start you on elimation diets and do specific blood work to see if there's anything dietary causing your pain.

I hope you feel better. Don't do what I did and wait until it is so uncomfortable that it gets to the point where it can cause serious problems. If it still concerns you and is uncomfortable then it's something that needs to be looked into further. I hope you feel better!

Thanks MolllyandMe.

My main problems with my stomach was many years ago where it would buckle me over for all day at a time. I don't get the kind of pain I used to get but I still do occasionally feel similar pains on a much smaller scale which Gaviscon antacid usually knocks out so I had always thought it was just real bad acidity levels out of control but I never really knew for sure because I don't remember any doctor ever diagnosis a real reason for them happening other than the sores on my stomach that developed from too much acidity levels.

I will definitely bring up the possibly of H pylori with my family doc the next time I see him because I don't recall ever being tested for that. Not sure if they commonly checked for that in the 80's is about when I was getting the pains real bad and had the scopes done back in the 80s.

I hope you get to feeling better too and hope your doc can figure out your issues as well. I know all too well what its like to have a health problem that the docs just cant figure out whats wrong. It is frustrating to say the least. The trial and error they go through makes us feel like a guinea pig sometimes and then I would tend to give up for months at a time until pain got so bad I would come crawling back to the next different doctor. When having a tough problem the trick is to stumble into the right doctor's office that can really help and really find out whats wrong.

Thanks again for all the suggestions. We have a wealth of experience here in dealing with things and its great to be able to bounce things off everyone here.

I am a huge snow skiing fan and used to go to skiing in Colorado back in the day. LOL

For our horse lovers here, I found this video of "Skijoring" which looks like a blast. Its where you get pulled behind a horse by a rope while wearing snow skis. You have to pick up rings along the way for points. Kind of like other similar horse events like cowboy shooting balloons.

The thing is they stole my idea. LOL
Well, mine was called "Skidogging". LOL
I invented this sport with my dog in the street on a snowy day many years ago. We had gotten a really good snowfall and I was out walking my old Spaniel dog when I noticed he was pulling so hard that I was slipping along behind him with my slippery shoes. I thought to go inside and strap on my snow skiis and get a rope and see if he would pull me.

At first he would not pull me to get started so I put his chest harness on so the rope would attach to his back and not pull his neck. Then so long as I got a little start on my own then he realized he wasn't pulling very hard to keep me moving fast. On top of that he was kind of scared of me behind him wth those skies so I shortened up the length to where I was closely behind him and he got even more scared and pulled and ran even faster. LOL

After awhile he seemed to really enjoy the skidogging and he was dragging me up and down the block at full speed. It was hilarious.
The only downside is when I fell and he kept going. LOL I had to quickly unbuckle my skiis and chase him down on foot. A few falls and Skidogging passed into oblivion until it surfaced again many years later in its new form as "Skijoring". LOL

http://digg.com/video/skijoring-weird-winter-sport-what

Don't let the page intimidate you. It is real easy to change this setting. Good luck. http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/disable-login-screen-in-windows-10/

I actually did read through this same article when setting up my 2nd ID+PW because I was thinking of using this method but all the comments scared me. Read all the comments below where people had issues and where some say they lost administrator rights.

I worry that once I do that it may not let me change system settings.

I suppose I could just try it and undo it if it gives me trouble.

I am gun shy after setting up that 2nd ID. When I used my 2nd ID everything looked different and new. It was like I was setting up the machine for the first time and I had already made quite a few customized changes.

Luckily when I use the Microsoft ID it all came back but now I am kind of afraid to do anything more with it. I hate Microsoft for fooling with the LOGIN and pretty much forcing users to use their Microsoft ID when setting up a new PC.

Its just way too complex than it needs to be.
I mean I think I bought this laptop for myself. Not them. LOL

My main goal was to make sure I have a way to boot up my laptop if I don't have an internet connection. That was why I went with the 2nd ID method where I set it up without having to use a password. Its just that when I use the 2nd ID it was all new looking and started to go through "setup" stuff for that ID.

I guess that is normal but I doubt I could ever get that 2nd ID to look like the way I have my main id working now. Because I made so many changes to the default views and things. And I don't remember how I changed things. LOL

I do think my 2nd ID does allow me to boot up without internet now. But it looks so different and I will have to go back in under that ID and see if it works ok without internet.

Reminds me of a time when I was trying to help someone at their store with their main store PC they used for cash registers. I was trying to help them swap out something on their motherboard. Everything went fine except I somehow had unplugged a pin on the motherboard and I brought all their cash registers down in the whole store. LOL

Luckily I spotted the pin got unplugged and plugged it back in and everything began working.

I was sweating bullets there for a few minutes as all the cashiers began yelling. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member