SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM ^ - That is not what juror #6 said in the interview, and I quote (starting at 2:50);

"After it was all done and the emotions were there, they were the first things that were in my heart is I'm really sorry. I wish, I wish I could bring end to their pain if at all possible."

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2411843381001

Not the "other extreme" at all.
IMO ~

ETA: Also, you must consider the context in which the statement was said. It was in reference to why she apologized to the Alexander family...

'I'm sorry' #6 Mom's perspective impact statement:
"Emotions were the first thing in her heart"

They went beyond that. They laughed openly when Tanisha, crying, left the courtroom and I believe when Travis' autopsy photos were shown. I don't believe for a moment the sob story about JA and her mother talking about the 'hell' Travis' family are going through. Just another script from the Defense.

I don't believe for one sec that nonesense about the murderer mother saw Travis Alexander siblings at a stop light. its plain as the light of day it was a cooked up story to get sympathy. her mother /sister/ aunt/ friends sat their and was laughing away at times like they watching a funny movie.she also had to throw inn that Travis alexander was not the glue to the family it was his grandmom... nasty female to abuse the alexander siblings words against them in such a cruel heart stabbing way.

:seeya:
Just returned from an Internet free weekend ....
So still catching up...
I must say I am disappointed with the JF's reasoning (or lack thereof!)... Did he want to be fooled? I just don't get it...grrrr....
But Juror six redeems this....she represents what I had hoped all those deciding the murderer's fate would have been like...fair, honest, invested and insightful as to the true nature of Arias....

...while away I was able to decompress and enjoy so many things JA will never see or experience again....campfires and open vistas, fields of apple trees exhilarating in their bright pink blossoms, waves rushing in on the ocean, children running, laughing with dogs on their heels...so much life, simplicity, happiness and gentleness...
She is stuck in jail forever and for that I am happy...

...sorry to have missed out on Gauntlet's English breakfast though...:floorlaugh:

In ALL of this, the thing that still disturbs me beyond belief is that NOT ONE Arias family member EVER extended sympathy for the Alexanders for what happened.. NOT A SINGLE ONE! That tells me something.

I agree but we are dealing with not a full deck type people. Pitty, sorrow and sympathy is not to be found in that family. I still think about Mom calling the cops because their kid is growing a pot plant. She had no clue how to raise a child for many reasons I am sure.

:seeya:
Just returned from an Internet free weekend ....
So still catching up...
I must say I am disappointed with the JF's reasoning (or lack thereof!)... Did he want to be fooled? I just don't get it...grrrr....
But Juror six redeems this....she represents what I had hoped all those deciding the murderer's fate would have been like...fair, honest, invested and insightful as to the true nature of Arias....

...while away I was able to decompress and enjoy so many things JA will never see or experience again....campfires and open vistas, fields of apple trees exhilarating in their bright pink blossoms, waves rushing in on the ocean, children running, laughing with dogs on their heels...so much life, simplicity, happiness and gentleness...
She is stuck in jail forever and for that I am happy...

...sorry to have missed out on Gauntlet's English breakfast though...:floorlaugh:
Herbycat!!!! I was just about to PM you. One coming your way soon. Sounds like you had a beautiful weekend away.

I've realised Sleuth is such an expert in English ways he can make the next breakfast. Be careful though he may try and snaffle some of the food before he's finished cooking though.

In ALL of this, the thing that still disturbs me beyond belief is that NOT ONE Arias family member EVER extended sympathy for the Alexanders for what happened.. NOT A SINGLE ONE! That tells me something.

Do we even know this as a fact? We don’t even know if TA’s family would even acknowledge an apology, would they even meet with her family?
I am sure they are also ashamed.

Of course I am trying to give them the benefit of doubt, but we don’t really know if they have or not. I’m sure they have not, but would it change anyone’s opinion of them?
If they do reach out to them, I hope it is private. We do not need to know anything, nor do we deserve it. The only ones that really need this is TA’s family. If it was done in the public eye, we would persecute them for trying to make it a spectacle, if they did it private we would persecute them for being ashamed and not making it public. Total catch-22 and that’s just MOO.

You and me both. EVEVN If it was some crazy defense strategy, it is mind boggling to me.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I agree but we are dealing with not a full deck type people. Pitty, sorrow and sympathy is not to be found in that family. I still think about Mom calling the cops because their kid is growing a pot plant. She had no clue how to raise a child for many reasons I am sure.

I saw more emotion in the eyes of the father than the mother. To me Jodi's mother has detached herself from Jodi. She may have done so long ago and for all we know her Mom may have a very good reason.

There is only one person alive that knows...Jodi.

We will never know.

And she plans to piecemeal is out.

My gut feeling is that if she gets LWOP she will bide her time and wait like the snake that she is until a significant date, say his birthday or the anniversary of his death 10 years from now and hold a press conference to tell what the huge fight was all about.

If she gets death penalty and the death warrant is finally issued, her last words will be a brutal and grisly description of what went on in that bathroom so the family will have that with them forever.

She will leave out a critical element that she knows will haunt forever and then she'll give that prolonged smirk. Then she will be extinguished forever.

That's my jaded cynical belief ... which means it is J. M. O.

JA is never going to tell the truth. She may hint around at it, she may make up stories for fellow inmates, potential inmate lovers, pen pals, but it will never be the truth. We are left on our own to just figure it out, and I think we all have.

I've often wondered if the pot on the roof was the "last straw", and that it was preceded by many other bad behaviors.

It wasn't the best choice, but she had probably had all she could take of JA. I've seen JA's smart mouth and attitude. I can't imagine how she was as a smart aleck adolescent.

I saw more emotion in the eyes of the father than the mother. To me Jodi's mother has detached herself from Jodi. She may have done so long ago and for all we know her Mom may have a very good reason.

I agree. I saw a crushed and saddened father that in some way feels he failed. Mom appears to have had it up to her ears with JA, and, IMO, is most likely relieved that JA is going to be staying in jail where she is not mom's responsibility or problem. JA will have her basic needs, and a few more, taken care of and mom need not worry if she is next.

And she plans to piecemeal is out.

My gut feeling is that if she gets LWOP she will bide her time and wait like the snake that she is until a significant date, say his birthday or the anniversary of his death 10 years from now and hold a press conference to tell what the huge fight was all about.

If she gets death penalty and the death warrant is finally issued, her last words will be a brutal and grisly description of what went on in that bathroom so the family will have that with them forever.

She will leave out a critical element that she knows will haunt forever and then she'll give that prolonged smirk. Then she will be extinguished forever.

That's my jaded cynical belief ... which means it is J. M. O.

she'll never tell. if she had a conscience, maybe, but we know she doesn't. she doesn't feel bad about what she did to him---she's only sorry it landed her where it did. she has no reason to tell the truth, and i think she loves knowing that it drives everyone crazy that we don't know. SHE knows and she loves being the only one who does. JMO.

Interesting read on VIS.
In some jurisdictions there are different rules on how Victim Impact Statements from family members may be regarded.
This is because it is seen as unprincipled that different punishments are given according to the how much the victim is missed or that someone's death ie relatively less harmful if they have no family.
Some jurisdictions describe VIS from family as 'irrelevant'.

I've often wondered if the pot on the roof was the "last straw", and that it was preceded by many other bad behaviors.

The family had numerous restaurants which serve local police for sure. It is possible the father talked to an officer and asked what to do and that was the advice he was given. Sometimes the fact that police show up at the home is enough to scare kids into behaving. Jodi was just not affected by it, obviously, and may have even enjoyed the attention. She obviously knew Bobby Juarez at that time and may have been growing it for him.

Interesting read on VIS.
In some jurisdictions there are different rules on how Victim Impact Statements from family members may be regarded.
This is because it is seen as unprincipled that different punishments are given according to the how much the victim is missed or that someone's death ie relatively less harmful if they have no family.
Some jurisdictions describe VIS from family as 'irrelevant'.

Doesn't Arizona consider them relevant?

I think that they are normally advised not to approach the victim's family or say anything, really. If it was a family full of narcissists, like the... uh, one they created, they wouldn't be able to resist the cameras. As it stands, it seems that only Jodi is afflicted with that issue. So, they likely wouldn't have done an interview to say anything, including saying something to the family. Maybe once everything is over, they will.

As much as we loathe JA, her family knew her all of her life. And you know how people say that they love their family, but they don't necessarily like all of them. That love is what makes them support them through things like this.

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member