SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the key to this next phase is to find out what Jodi did that made Travis so mad - it had to be something huge!

I think you are absolutely correct, but I think if it was knowable, it would have been presented provided there was any admissible evidence tending to prove it. I myself doubt even JM knows what it was, because I have not seen any evidence that he attempted to get hearsay admitted to establish her precise motive. We haven't heard anything second hand from the Hughes's, or any of Travis's other friends, at least as far as I know.

I think Travis took this secret to the grave with him, unfortunately. It was likely something that was very bad for Jodi, and/or embarrassing to Travis, that he did not want to share with his family or closest friends.

Jodi will never come clean about it, not even on her death gurney, should she ever make it there. She enjoys lording it over the friends and family that she has a secret that she can't be forced to share.

I would like to see, and I don't know that it would even be relevant or admissible during a new penalty phase, JM at least get the issue in front of the jury, and really hammer it home, that there was some bombshell alluded to in the text messages...and the timing of it, just before the theft of the gun, is very suspicious.

JMO:twocents:

OT, even in the realm of OT:

I've been a WS member for about 2 years, but it was just 5 minutes ago I learned what the green and blue and red dots meant, how to accept and make friend requests, and lots more. I highly recommend the FAQ for those kindred peeps who never looked at that line of stuff above the forum title! :blushing::websleuther:

What dots...?...I feel like a mack truck hit me last night!

Interesting read on VIS.
In some jurisdictions there are different rules on how Victim Impact Statements from family members may be regarded.
This is because it is seen as unprincipled that different punishments are given according to the how much the victim is missed or that someone's death ie relatively less harmful if they have no family.
Some jurisdictions describe VIS from family as 'irrelevant'.

So true. I live in a state that does not allow Victim Impact statements to be used as evidence or to be considered when sentencing. And I beleive that is fair for all the reasons you stated.

They can be tough on winter mornings. I like to keep mine inside when it's cold out. Sometimes it helps if you jiggle the key just before you try.

Where I used to live we had to plug it into the engine so it wouldn't freeze in the winter. Grocery store parking lots were always an amazing sight... everyone left them running while they were inside, just in case, each billowing white clouds from their tails. ;)

I think the key to this next phase is to find out what Jodi did that made Travis so mad - it had to be something huge!

AngelLady, that. As well as establishing that Travis was being stalked both during and after his involvement with her, that she had a history of problematic behaviors, and that BPD is a disorder that is stable over time just like psychopathology. jmho

This VIS is confusing at best. During the trial one is not to use emotions...just the facts..ok
Now we get to the VIS and emotions is the most important thing.
I think the original intent was to let the family blow off some steam at the person on trial to help them move on and heal.

I'm not sure if this is OT. But there is a YTube video showing the criminal records of three of TA's sibs. Does anyone know who is responsible? I'm ignorant about how these get posted.

What dots...?...I feel like a mack truck hit me last night!

Dat glowing green dot by your name...check it out, been thinking myself that the mods had forgotten to take down the xmas decorations. :)

Where I used to live we had to plug it into the engine so it wouldn't freeze in the winter. Grocery store parking lots were always an amazing sight... everyone left them running while they were inside, just in case, each billowing white clouds from their tails. ;)

Ely Minnesota is like that. Almost moved up there to start a used book store. Great area.

I believe when JA found out that TA was seeing other women and just playing her to some respect, the wheels started turning.
Blackmail, recordings, and the like was going to find its way to the Mormon church. She was going to ruin his reputation.

Just saying, but if I was on that jury, I'd be thoroughly annoyed to find that people had given me infantile nicknames based solely on what they thought was my most outstanding feature for classification. I could understand it during the trial, but once I was out, I'd be annoyed. But that's just me.

I'd be somewhat offended, especially if I'd been called frumpy. :)

It's certainly hard to imagine J18 as "The Artist", LOL.

I believe when JA found out that TA was seeing other women and just playing her to some respect, the wheels started turning.
Blackmail, recordings, and the like was going to find its way to the Mormon church. She was going to ruin his reputation.

Exactly!

Thanks for the request Hope, you are my first :blushing::blushing:

I think in this case it was important because for 5 months all we heard was what a beast Travis was. The family was able to get the message across that all his siblings thought of Travis as a great person who would have been able to do so much more in his lifetime had it not been cut short. There really was no reason for Travis to die and the more Jodi talks the easier it is to see she did set out to kill him. He was never this terribly violent person who would have killed her had he gotten the chance. He had no signs of fighting back on his body. She had no bruises on her body according to Ryan, just the cut hand near her finger.

What I don't understand is this jury all agreed to premeditation. They all agreed she planned to kill him. If she thought about it for days this is a very serious criminal mind very capable of doing it again. It may be her first murder but she overkilled him three times.

Well said Lamb Chop. Jodi Arias willfully and with no remorse brutally took the life of someone under the guise of defending her own life. And it is a guise. There's not a shred of evidence to suggest Travis Alexander physically attacked her that day or any day. There's no evidence because it didn't happen. Thankfully 8 jurors saw through the smoke and mirrors to decide the appropriate punishment for what all 12 jurors determined was a Premeditated Murder in the 1st Degree with an Aggravator of Cruelty.

:seeya: DT

I'm not sure if this is OT. But there is a YTube video showing the criminal records of three of TA's sibs. Does anyone know who is responsible? I'm ignorant about how these get posted.

Someone affiliated with a certain website that claims JA is innocent, hint, hint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove