SIDEBAR #9- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think after a week (or however long it's been) in solitary she is begging for a deal, any deal that gives her the hope of being in general population some day, and not forever caged alone the vast majority of the time.

I know I would be fruit-loopy after 24 hours, much less any amount of days.

And she went in fruit-loopy cuckoo for cocoa puffs :giggle:

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 11m Reports I got. County Atty. is going forward with new penalty phase for #JodiArias but will consider talking about a deal with defense.

What do you peeps think of Yanira Maldonado- "unknowingly" smuggling drugs over?

Based on what I read and saw it's ridiculous that she's even spent one day in jail.

The box was large, (12# of pot) and there is video showing her and her husband boarding the bus with no such object

The box was wired/strapped under the seat and one mexican cop said that a passenger couldn't put it there wihtout attracting attention and probably getting under the seat.

I bet there was an actual mule on board and they set people up.

I cannot believe she's still in jail, but the marine who got jailed there for the rifle spent 7-8 months in prison. (He was going camping for a few months and took the rifle into the border station to register it and they arrested him for having an unregistered weapon)

I know perceptions don't tell the whole story but this woman seems like the least likely candidate to smuggle drugs. They have no financial issues and she has 7 kids at home. They were travelling as a couple and would have risked arrest as a couple. If she was a mule, she would have been alone or with someone not her husband. Now ay they'd risk orphaning 7 kids. So I'd not be one to put "unknowingly" in quotes.

We never went into Mexico when we lived in san Diego. Military aren't allowed, my husband could have gotten a waiver but he thought it was too dangerous.

all moo

Dance!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpr9qvuodVA"]Brick - Dazz (1976) - YouTube[/ame]

HELP!!

Okay, this is WAY OT and it's going to sound so strange but I'm asking here because there are more people viewing than in the Jury Room.

Has anyone had a colonoscopy and/or familiar with the procedure? My mom went in for a routine one this morning at 10:30 a.m. She text me and said she was about to go in and she would be 'out' for a couple hours, that she would text or call me as soon as she was done.

It's now 2:30 here and she isn't answering her phone. Is that normal or should she be up and able to call/answer by now? I don't even know what doctor's office or hospital she's at!!

I'm worried, so any help is appreciated.

Hi!
I had one last week, they give you a mixture of demerol and some other setative, the procedure takes approx. 20 minutes and then you lay down as your wonky kookoo for about half an hour. I left and took the transit home. She should be calling you very soon, if not, call the office and they should be able to let you know if she's still in the lying down room. :-) Best to her!

HELP!!

Okay, this is WAY OT and it's going to sound so strange but I'm asking here because there are more people viewing than in the Jury Room.

Has anyone had a colonoscopy and/or familiar with the procedure? My mom went in for a routine one this morning at 10:30 a.m. She text me and said she was about to go in and she would be 'out' for a couple hours, that she would text or call me as soon as she was done.

It's now 2:30 here and she isn't answering her phone. Is that normal or should she be up and able to call/answer by now? I don't even know what doctor's office or hospital she's at!!

I wonder if the procedure was delayed due to the dr being called out for emergency? Also, if she is having it done at a hospital, I can tell you from experience they can be 4-5 hours late doing a procedure.

I hope everything turns out ok for your mom.

HELP!!

They may have had an emergency and when your Mom was about to go in, they may have put someone ahead of her if it was warranted. Or maybe she is in the recovery room still. and can't get to a phone just yet. All will be ok.

Oh.... oops, I just read you aren't sure where she went. Praying she calls you soon!!

O/T
I was out having a ciggy and there was my little chipmunk, Chippy, eating the sunflower seeds at my platform feeder hanging in the tree and along comes my little red squirrel. That bad squirrel just beat up the poor chipmunk- it was pitiful. And then the squirrel had the nerve to stamp its back legs at me (narcistic- Like JA), as if HE/SHE owned the feeder-LOL- just hilarious. (more likely Mr./Mrs. squirrel was stomping to make everyone aware of his/her territory.)
It's the little things in life that make me happy.

To me Mexican is like saying oriental. Outdated and biased.

I am of Mexican decent, and I don't find the word "Mexican" at all offensive! A person from Mexico is indeed Mexican. I don't see how that can possibly be outdated or biased. I find it insulting when people say I am Spanish. No, I am not. I am Mexican. When I was spent some time on the East Coast, people wanted to label me as Cuban or Puerto Rican. I am not that either. I am Mexican.

If anybody wants to label me, though, I prefer to be labeled as American, as that is what I am. I was born in America.

HELP!!

The actual Colonoscopy takes about 30 minutes and you will be in the recovery room for approximately 30 minutes more. However, you should allow two to three hours for the entire process of check-in, procedure, follow-up and discharge. Because of the sedation, you must have someone drive you home after the procedure. Even if you feel alert, your reflexes may be impaired for the rest of the day.

I know it's early, but I can't resist.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJDPz4guxOQ"]The Grooveline (1978) - YouTube[/ame]

Photos: Behind bars at the Estrella Jail (53 photos)
http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013...s-jodi-arias-nancy-grace-behind-bars-part-one

Here are just a few [captions are JMO]:

img_0377.jpg

Sorry Donovan!

img_0394.jpg

So much for privacy while using the toilet.

img_0413.jpg

Attend class while handcuffed to desk!

img_0452.jpg

Is this the inmate conference room? :rockon:

I scrolled through all the pictures. It's even more dreadful than I thought! I can not imagine spending even one night there! UGH!

HELP!!

Just found this from WebMD.com http://www.webmd.com/colorectal-cancer/colonoscopy-16695?page=3:
... The test usually takes 30 to 45 minutes, but it may take longer, depending upon what is found and what is done during the test.

After the test, you will be watched for 1 to 2 hours. When you are fully awake, you can go home. ...

I don't believe Troy (as I cover my ears and sing LALALALALA). :stormingmad:

He is not the only one reporting this. It is going to cost a lot of taxpayer money to retry. I can't see them accepting anything less that LWOP with no appeals and I can't see her taking it....so I imagine the taxpayers are gonna spend more money on her. :moo:

THANK YOU SO MUCH everyone for your insight!!!!! That makes me feel better. I didn't think about the fact that doctors are always late so she may have gone in a lot later than we thought.

And thank you for the prayers!!!

:tyou:

Right. Further, as of right now, per AZLawyer, Arizona doesn't have parole at all. Period. And even if parole was re-instated in the future, it would still be about 20 years before she was even eligible (since she's already served 5).

Interesting! I did not know that. Is there a CAP on "LIFE" in AZ? I remember years ago that in some states LIFE was something like 7 years.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 11m Reports I got. County Atty. is going forward with new penalty phase for #JodiArias but will consider talking about a deal with defense.

Travis' family wants the death penalty! I pray there is NO deal! Seat a new jury and get this show on the road...this family has been through far too much to keep dragging this out.

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 15m
#jodiarias court watchers Maricopa County Atty Bill Montgomery announces #JuanMartinez will move forward with DP phase & pick a new jury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3