Sidebar Discussion #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defense attorneys have one task: Defend those who are guilty as well as those who are innocent. I do not fault Casey's defense for doing what they felt was necessary to defend her, to do their job.

I fault our legal system for allowing lies and deceit and innuendo in a court of law. FGS the name alone, court-of-law, implies that court is a place where laws are followed and breaking laws is frowned upon, and that court is in session to get to the truth of each and every matter brought forth.

But our courts allow the accused to make excuses and even to lie--if not outright then via their attorney--so that they can get away with whatever they have been charged with. I have no statistics on this, but I would not be afraid to guess that the majority of issues that come before our courts of law do not get anywhere near the truth of the matter because charges are either dropped or plea-bargained.

Casey's attorneys did their job. They did it in particularly sleazy ways but our courts of law allow sleaze so, for all intents and purposes, Casey's DT did their job. And it doesn't matter that they did it knowing she is guilty as sin. Attorneys nationwide defend people that they would never associate with on a personal basis and certainly would never allow near their kids.

What never happens--or happens so rarely that it qualifies as never--is that an attorney keeps, houses, and otherwise provides for their client.

But it seems we must never say never. Casey's defense didn't even have to file her appeal; normally a convict gets an appeals attorney to do that. Not one of those attorneys owes Casey as much as a Hello anymore, yet at least one is providing housing, food, transportation, and probably even medical care if needed.

So why are any of Casey's attorneys doing anything for her? I do not buy that they believe in her innocence, as not a single one of them can possibly be that obtuse.

So what is it?

They already have a name from this case, so it can't be for that.

The only thing left is money, IMO.

I really do not think any of the attorneys give a carp about Casey, so there has to be another motive for their madness. The only thing I can think of is money. And if money is the be-all and end-all for the likes of these attorneys, it could be that Casey will not have a rent free place to live in hiding for much longer. Whoever is keeping her will not keep her forever--she will get the boot eventually. They owe her nothing and they are no doubt keeping tabs of what they are providing her so that they can collect in full.

Regardless of how little or how much they collect, eventually Casey will be faced with the impossible: She will sooner or later be left to fend for herself. And that will be, for me, the ultimate Karma.

----------
Thankyou Krkrjpc. This is exactly why I keep reading here. At this point if she hasnt made money by now, it aint goinna' happen. the case is getting farther away from the publics mind, I am far from Orlando. There are books on Caseys case just setting no one is buying them.I doubt they will at a later date. In all my years I've never seen anyone so protected after a case. A Lawyer might find a shelter or half way house for a client but not house them for so long. If she is innocent, why are they afraid?? :floorlaugh:

this nonending favoring of Casey Anthony by the legal system will keep the public's negative feelings toward her alive. every time a judge rules to continue protecting her from any form of responsiblity for her lies we, the American public, get angrier and angrier. Us average working folks do not care much for a lying spoiled brat of a young woman, who got away with murder and is now getting away with more. Those big pay outs shrink daily and she's no longer a cash cow in the making, she's now a drain on her defense team. As long as she gets away with anything and everything shewon't get her pay out and it looks like she's become exactly what we saw all along, a nothing.
the lawsuits will go on and her inability to answer will hamper her side of the cases.

this nonending favoring of Casey Anthony by the legal system will keep the public's negative feelings toward her alive. every time a judge rules to continue protecting her from any form of responsiblity for her lies we, the American public, get angrier and angrier. Us average working folks do not care much for a lying spoiled brat of a young woman, who got away with murder and is now getting away with more. Those big pay outs shrink daily and she's no longer a cash cow in the making, she's now a drain on her defense team. As long as she gets away with anything and everything shewon't get her pay out and it looks like she's become exactly what we saw all along, a nothing.
the lawsuits will go on and her inability to answer will hamper her side of the cases.

:clap::clap::clap:

AMEN ... I totally agree 1000% . Great Post . :)

She is a burden.

Not attacking you at all.....but....

Why? So we can watch her be coddled once more? So we can see people who are supposed to be serving justice do the opposite? Does OCA have hypnovision or something?? Why can this woman NOT be made to pay ???
For Zenaida.
I feel your pain.

Can anyone site a msm link that verifies the Defence Team is, and has been supporting Casey Anthony?

Can anyone site a msm link that verifies the Defence Team is, and has been supporting Casey Anthony?

Hasn't JB said so himself regarding her safety and how they had to move her?? jmo

She is a burden.

Exactly. FICA did not have a job. FICA never paid for a vehicle, never paid a light bill, never paid a utility bill, never paid a babysitter, never paid for health insurance, never paid for food, never paid for her daughter, never paid rent or a mortgage with her own earned money. FICA was a burden from the time she dropped out of high school. She stole money from her parents. Used her parent's credit cards and stole money from her grandparents. Any woman of her age that does not and will not seek gainful employment to, at the very least buy her own shampoo and tampons is a burden and a parasite. Disgusting and worthless. IMHO.

She is a burden.

Jumping off your excellent point: She is their burden now...

To quote the fabulous Mr. Ashton, I hope she pulls a Padilla and remains to them a “freeloading distant cousin you can’t get rid of.”

Well, let's put it this way, most people (and I'm assuming that even those 12 jurors would probably agree) that when someone claims the 5th that they are doing so because the defendant's answer is going to incriminate them. Not that it might, but that it certainly will. So what would we have here? A highly respected person who claims the 5th, or a person who has been convicted of not only lying to LE but check fraud. jmo

From: http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Privilege+against+Self-Incrimination

Witness Privilege

A witness may refuse to answer questions or give documentary evidence only if the answer or document would incriminate the witness. An answer is considered self-incriminating if it would lead to criminal liability in any jurisdiction. ...

The privilege does not allow a witness to refuse to answer a question because the response may expose the witness to civil liability, social disgrace, loss of status, or loss of private employment. A witness may not claim the privilege on the grounds that an answer or document may incriminate a third party: it may be declared only by the witness for the witness.
(bolded by me)

I think the bolded part above may be what Morgan was considering in his argument to have Casey ordered to answer.

However, I think the above might be referring to a witness in a criminal case. The depo in question involves a civil action. The Bill of Rights does allow refusal to answer in civil cases if the answer in the civil case might lead to incrimination in a separate criminal case. That's how I am reading it so I will call this explanation JMO. But the quote above is real and is descriptive of the privilege of pleading the 5th, though. I snipped the entire article for space and relevance.

Along with :partyguy2: of course we will be making our New Year's Resolutions...:innocent: so I was kinda wondering what new years resolutions OCA is making - cause you know she will want to be impressing her minders......

Any thoughts? :balloons:
(respectfully snipped)

'I resolve in 2012 not to kill a defenseless, innocent child and throw it into a swamp like trash where it can be found all simply for my own benefit. Of course, that's not to say I wouldn't kill one again .... I just need to leave it somewhere noone will find it'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amber42