Sidebar Discussion #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if CM's baffling championing and protection of FCA is mainly driven by a desire to shield her from JB rather than the public. That may have been his motivation for joining the DT in the first place. He certainly appears to despise him.
I'm also wondering if FCA gave JB permission to write this book as part-payment for his services long ago, before things went badly between them and before CM was on the scene to advise her against it.

I would think that JB was paid in full after receiving the money for the pictures of Caylee that he sold to ABC.
If FCA were to give payment in kind to JB for any services rendered, wouldn't JB be required to reimburse the State for the same?

Wrote that oca did not have one friend.

Jb became ill several times, and one time told oca he had to stop representing her, it was too much and he was becoming ineffective. oca begged him to not leave.Judge Perry stopped the preceedings for the day and allowed jb to rest.

Said it was ldb who approached them with the deal, towards trials end, for up to 13 years if oca would admit to what she did. Entire dt wanted her to take the deal. She would not and that's why cm asked for comp hearing

Jb became ill several times, and one time told oca he had to stop representing her, it was too much and he was becoming ineffective. oca begged him to not leave.Judge Perry stopped the preceedings for the day and allowed jb to rest.

Said it was ldb who approached them with the deal, towards trials end, for up to 13 years if oca would admit to what she did. Entire dt wanted her to take the deal. She would not and that's why cm asked for comp hearing

I recall "sleuthing" with fellow WSers about that hearing. We all believed that the DT expected a conviction and asked KC to plea. It's all coming back to me now.

Took one for the Team

Jb writes that he quit the defense team after the trial so he could take a job teaching at harvard, spend time with his family and also so that this case would not define him (he mentions now working on the aurba case). So of course in an effort to distance himself and move on, he then spends his time writing a book about said case and goes on a book media tour to promote it.

:waitasec:
Reports were that he was a GUEST SPEAKER at Harvard one Tuesday night in October 2011

IF JB was offered a JOB teaching at Harvard Law and he went to TEACH at Harvard...it must be a secret..he is not listed as a Faculty member and going back into the archives there is no mention of him at all not even as a guest speaker. Though I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say he probably was invited as a GUEST SPEAKER at a Harvard event.

From the 1st chapter on he gets timelines and witness statement quotes wrong.

He spend waaaaaaay too much.time, almost obsessed, with righting any perceived slight. Example; he's pissed that the media referred to his kissimmee office as being in a strip mall because he spent 30k renovating his office. (Well he does have his priorities). There is more of the same for anyone who said bad things about him I.E. members of the press, certain TV stations, MN and forget about JA - half the book is pot shots at him. He must think the DT's nicknames are funny. They are not, and he sounds like a 12 year old.
Like someone with a chip on his shoulder,

Never believed there was a zanny and if oca talked about her he would stop her and slowing got oca to stop alltogether

IMO I think that he did believe her Nanny story at first and then realized she LIED

Insinuated that when he went to jail 1st time to meet oca he had no idea about the case or the extensive media coverge. (oca had public defender, had been in jail for days, and this was all over the news). He wrote that with any luck he'll be on the 11pm news and asked his wife to tape it for his website

I heard/read that a long time ago...most likely here on WS

He was afraid of using a mental defense bacause he thought oca would fire him.
AFRAID of losing this high profile case..I can believe that

Thinks laura b was a standup woman and cain was set up as a liar.

Uh, OK ..whatever

Said oca only reason for seeing her parents (jail house visits) was to convince them to bond her out and they all knew they were being recorded from the get go.

Many believed that to be the case. They KNEW they were being recorded..

JB had another bailbondsman (not lp) who was going to get oca out. Required the A's put up their house Ca said yes ga said no so oca stayed in jail.

George said NO, Really? iirc, the Title/Deed to the House was not in his name but in Cindy's. Also didn't they say it was SAFER if OCA remained in jail?...

One juror confided to him that once dr spitz testified the case was over for prosecution.
Any proof to back up that alleged statement? Probably not

Was pissed with dr danzinger about face with his report. Suggested that because he made most of his money testifing for Prosecution cases that he was told "you can forget about getting more business" if he testified for oca.

Said he withdrew weitz because he had become too defense oriented and tried too hard.

Jb never ever believed that GA had murdered Caylee

Nothing, and I mean nothing, of importance is in this book.
JB does state that the entire A family are liars.
Yet Baez believe what OCA has told him...:waitasec:

LA was the only one who called to thank him for saving oca.

Thanks for taking one for the Team

My answers in RED

BMM

She was left with her imaginary friends because the real human ones found out she lied to them or lied and stole from them(namely Amy)

I"m busting with glee here .....

So - ummm - er - has everyone had a look at the most recent comments on Amazon regarding Baez's book... :party:

Why not stroll on over????

Thanks for taking one for the Team

My answers in RED

Actually I vaguely remember us being offended he'd been asked to briefly speak there....but I also remember that it was pretty insignificant...:banghead:

"An incredible read. Presumed Guilty and Helter Skelter are the two best true crime books of all time."
—Geraldo Rivera, Fox News

He. Cannot. Be. Serious.

I"m busting with glee here .....

So - ummm - er - has everyone had a look at the most recent comments on Amazon regarding Baez's book... :party:

Why not stroll on over????

Okayyyy...Took your advice and strolled on over...

And well, wow.

:rocker:

Looks like somebody here, I mean over there, deserves a :cupcake:, ya think?

Is it possible to issue a press release for a book review??? WOW...just WOW.

Peter Golenbock should hire "them" as a ghostwriter. That review was written in a manner that oozes credibility, neutrality, and oh ummmmm errrr......PROPER USE OF GRAMMAR!!!!

innocentlook.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member