DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/06/business/media/06rank.html?_r=1

The Highs and the Lows of Rankings on Amazon

<snip>
"For most books, it does not take many orders to increase rankings. Knowing this, authors, publishers, even nonprofit organizations like MoveOn.org will send out e-mail blasts asking people to buy a book at a set time, or buy up copies themselves. Some authors get their friends to write reviews or even write a positive review for a rival book and mention their own title."

Here is an article I found kind of interesting, someone on Hal's posted this link earlier today.

BBM - well we sure know about this part - and yes, we had something very similar posted on here I think by Sleutherontheside about a week ago whe we all were asking about ratings...and how do they work..

BChand - I saw that bit quite a bit differently - I think he was surprised JA both knew and mentioned it in the trial. To me he responded as if there was no question he had cracked it
No big deal - just that I "heard" it differently.

But I think we can agree at trial that when Dr. Spitz was handling his teaching skiull to point something out about the mandible - he came very very close to dropping the whole thing.:what:

Yep, watching him almost dropping it here (starting around 30:00)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYSEYNAE9Vw&feature=related"]Casey Anthony: Murder Trial - Part 5 - 6/18/11 - YouTube[/ame]

O.M.G
Just saw the very short Geraldo segment. Same old fawning. However, they had on Anna Sigga Nicolazzi as a counterpart. Geraldo asks her if she thinks FCA got away with murder and she says, "yes, as much as I respect jury's verdicts, and viewing it from the outside, yes, she killed her daughter."
JB is sitting right next to her. Instead of reacting in horror over what this woman just said about his "innocent" client, says "why don't you read the case file or why don't I just let you, (and he slides his book over to her) read my book!!!
I kid you not!

Here is Jeff Ashton telling him that he broke her skull. To me, he acts surprised that he did it. (16:17)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYSEYNAE9Vw&feature=related"]Casey Anthony: Murder Trial - Part 5 - 6/18/11 - YouTube[/ame]

Yep, I wish you could get your hands on them, too! The computer forensics people that the prosecution relied upon really did the prosecution a disservice. I was embarrassed for them all! They should have just subpoenaed you and Bond! Caylee would have had a better chance at finding justice then.

Nevertheless, the quest for Caylee's justice goes on. Baez has published several lies in his quest to gain more financial gain through his newly released book. We're (I guess) trying to figure out the best way to circumvent that from happening. As usual, I am only cheerleading.

But you, my friend, any ideas?

If I had the hard drive - and I sure hope a copy still exists - I would look for other Firefox history file fragments in unallocated space. Not one Firefox history file was found in allocated space on the home computer, only an enormous internet explorer file that went back a couple of years. The contents of that file were consistent with George and Cindy's surfing interests.

The March 2008 fragment of the Firefox history file were consistent with Casey's surfing interests (Photobucket and Myspace). So, to find other fragments I'd do a search for Myspace and Photobucket in unallocated space and see if I can find any other meaningful fragments.

I am not interested in her Myspace or Photobucket activity, but only what she was looking at between her visits to those sites. Remember, the discovery of visits to sites for neck-breaking and household weapons were not found because investigators searched for those keywords, but because they searched for chloroform.

I still believe that Casey deleted the Firefox history the morning of July 16, sending it to unallocated space. The activity that Cindy and Lee did on the computer later that morning to set up the Caylee is Missing Myspace page may have trounced on some of that deleted history, but I am willing to bet most of it is still there.

ok so im ummm discussing things with a baez fan over at amazon.. on the review written by the co-author.. These people can be sooo much fun to play with..
the one im going back with i think is that guy from facebook.. last name starts with h.
his first name changes, it mabe drew.. or andrew .. right now its just under A.H____.

anyway in one of his post he was stating how the sneeze milk is a common saying.. to go look it up in urban dictionary ..
so i went and once again looked to get the dates...

of the two listings for sneezes milk..
one is from 2006 and quotes SP in its definition
one is from the end of the month that the sp episode came out

for sneeze milk there is one listing.. and it has a southpark quote in it also.. and was posted in 2007 hahahaha.....
Its so easy to prove these fools wrong...

O.M.G
Just saw the very short Geraldo segment. Same old fawning. However, they had on Anna Sigga Nicolazzi as a counterpart. Geraldo asks her if she thinks FCA got away with murder and she says, "yes, as much as I respect jury's verdicts, and viewing it from the outside, yes, she killed her daughter."
JB is sitting right next to her. Instead of reacting in horror over what this woman just said about his "innocent" client, says "why don't you read the case file or why don't I just let you, (and he slides his book over to her) read my book!!!
I kid you not!

On the GVS interview he held the book up - like a host would do to show the audience but it came across so pushy and blatant that I thought he looked silly! Just proved to me, he is selling a product not the 'truth' or even his personal experience.

Oh the almighty $$$$$ But...... doesn't look like people are running to Amazon! Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #372 in Books

ok so I've been missing a bunch of stuff but what in the world is sneeze milk about?

ok so im ummm discussing things with a baez fan over at amazon.. on the review written by the co-author.. These people can be sooo much fun to play with..
the one im going back with i think is that guy from facebook.. last name starts with h.
his first name changes, it mabe drew.. or andrew .. right now its just under A.H____.

anyway in one of his post he was stating how the sneeze milk is a common saying.. to go look it up in urban dictionary ..
so i went and once again looked to get the dates...

of the two listings for sneezes milk..
one is from 2006 and quotes SP in its definition
one is from the end of the month that the sp episode came out

for sneeze milk there is one listing.. and it has a southpark quote in it also.. and was posted in 2007 hahahaha.....
Its so easy to prove these fools wrong...

I was going to point that out to him/her but just didn't have the motivation!
I did copy his profile page where he too used a different name to post than his wish list had! LOL

ok so I've been missing a bunch of stuff but what in the world is sneeze milk about?

This will get you started! [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8119593&postcount=1789"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Sidebar Discussion #8[/ame]

Found other stuff too, but that will catch you up on the mouse and the sneezing milk.

i just think its funny how they make excuses for jose's lies.. lol.. ive been upset and angry and stressed with this book thing playing with the fools helps me relieve tension lol

BBM - well we sure know about this part - and yes, we had something very similar posted on here I think by Sleutherontheside about a week ago whe we all were asking about ratings...and how do they work..

Come to find out they don't mean very much at all - bottom line is ... he has sold 380 books in July. That is dismal and I hope he had to pay to publish his own book,he deserves the loss.

JA's book must have really really bugged JB. LDB was the lead prosecutor, but listening to JB you would never know it...JB speaks about JA over, and over, and over like he's a jilted lover.

The "everybody hates me because I'm hispanic" remark has made another appearance. JB claims a reporter mocked him and the way the trial was going by saying "that's what you get for hiring a hispanic lawyer"

No, what he really said was "that's what you get for hiring a PSEUDO lawyer"... :floorlaugh:
This guy has humongous chip on his shoulder, doesn't he?

Yes, read that, Sleutherontheside's was about The New York Times Bestseller list, this one was specifically about Amazon, and since folks here keep posting the Amazon rankings every few hours, I thought this was also interesting.

Wonder if we will see any book sales spikes tomorrow after JB's 2 TV shows tonight, hopefully not!!

IMO, MOO, etc.

No, what he really said was "that's what you get for hiring a PSEUDO lawyer"... :floorlaugh:
This guy has humongous chip on his shoulder, doesn't he?

bbm: Yep, you picked the right word. LOVE It!! :floor laugh: :floor laugh: :floor laugh: :floorlaugh:

I'm a bit suspicious we are being set up with that number (I mean I can believe this mess of a book is tanking) and that it has been deliberately manipulated so that after the Geraldo show and the expose by whomever that is playing either tonight or tomorrow night, they can show a false jump in saies.

You can see how much I trust these big sites numbers...except I do believe his book is #544 in the Canada amazon top 100 books..:floorlaugh: yup - guilty of selective reasoning!!!

For the first time I noticed this under amazon numbers...

* Sales Estimates are underestimated and actual sales may be much higher.

I wish this book would just tank and go away!

Come to find out they don't mean very much at all - bottom line is ... he has sold 380 books in July. That is dismal and I hope he had to pay to publish his own book,he deserves the loss.

In all fairness, he apparently sold many, many more via e-books. He didn't make 9th on the NY Best Sellers list by not selling books.

(yes, it killed me to write that) :what:

In all fairness, he apparently sold many, many more via e-books. He didn't make 9th on the NY Best Sellers list by not selling books.

(yes, it killed me to write that) :what:

I did a web search earlier to see how you make the NYT best seller list..
it says they track sales from a small sampling of stores and wholesale orders and that publishers many times know the tricks to get their books on there..

It seems Ron Manta is another name for .................. wait for it ........
BAEZ! He was tracked via his Amazon account.
Richard Hornsby was right, Baez is a moron.

IMO
And he used his law partners name...just changed the last letter.

Baez's law partners in the BMG Law Group is non other than Ron Manto...
BMG Law Group
B= Jose Baez
M= Ronald Manto
G=Juan Gonzalez

I did a web search earlier to see how you make the NYT best seller list..
it says they track sales from a small sampling of stores and wholesale orders and that publishers many times know the tricks to get their books on there..

Thanks, and Lord knows if there's ever an Attorney who would know all the back-handed, smarmy, cheating ways to accomplish something, Baez would be #1 on that list!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy