DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Same writer?

• Yes

Votes: 111 81.6%
  • No

Votes: 25 18.4%

• Total voters
The photos were not intended for public release. That leads to two problems.

First are these photos authentic and undoctored? How do you know? Since the source for these photos is the tabloids, I am very skeptical. Heck Globe is reporting that JBR's killer has been identified, right? What a grossly misleading headline that does a disservice to people in the stores who sincerely wish it were true.

Must be another miracle, HOTYH! I'm with you 100% on that one!

Second, if the photos are legit then probably the BPD knows more about these injuries than they're telling. That was the whole idea behind preventing the photos release in the first place, so they could question suspects more effectively. Only the real killer would know certain details.

That's an interesting point.

Does anyone else think this could have been caused by pressure from something like a screw? I don't know what they're called elsewhere, but we call them "Phillips head" screws. It looks like one could have been pushed into her skin or she may have been lying on one when the pressure from strangulation was applied. I know I'm seeing this x or cross pattern and that's what made me think of the screw.

I never thought of that...a screwdriver. My guess would have been a button of some sort.

I do know it was not a cigarette burn because I am a smoker and have burned myself on many occasions. Cigarette burns are red and hurt like Hades. They never change color either. I burned my neck in several places and people commented that I had hickies.

Tad,

It does look like a pinch mark!

If you take these hand pictures and blow them up, you can see what looks like a dried scratch making the bowl of what would be the bottom of the heart. The skin at the top of the heart, looks like the shiny pink skin found under the scab of a burn.

I know everyone has gone over this a million times and explained it, debated and worked it out and I respect every one of you. I still think this is a wound that's just about healed. Now what that has to do with the murder I don't know, but is it possible that what burned her hand also burned her face as I have never bought the stun gun theory (stop groaning...LOL).

Okay, waiting for the "You're insane" comments...

I don't think you're insane at all.

I know this isn't scientific but, I showed the picture of the "heart" on JB's hand to a little girl and asked her "what is this?" She looked at me and shrugged her shoulders and said, "I dunno..." I said, "some people think it is a drawing of a heart." "Ugh-ugh." "You don't think so?" "Noooooooooo, do YOU?"

Didn't PR say, "that was a pretty good little heart too" or something like that? Now why would she want us to think it was a good little heart drawn on there? Maybe she was hoping we wouldn't find out it wasn't an ink drawing. The FBI found the ink source for the RN. What about the "heart"? Did the coroner get a tissue sample? Did they test the ink?

Try this with your own hand....curve your hand as if you are going to grab something and look at the shape of your palm. It looks to me like something hot...like a curling iron might have very briefly rested there. It looks like if that triangular (cone shaped rust colored parchment-like) mark on her neck was made by a curling iron from someone standing behind her and holding down her right arm...that she could have burned her hand in that shape by trying to grab the hot curling iron away from her neck. The little pinky of that hand looks to me like it might be a little red from being burned too. Curling iron burns can leave marks that look like scratches.

Since some things that appeared to be from around the house were used, could be circular mark under the ear be from part of the paint brush? Maybe part of it was held in one hand while pressing down on the side of the face/head, and the other hand (ugh) doing the garrotting?

Didn't PR say, "that was a pretty good little heart too" or something like that? Now why would she want us to think it was a good little heart drawn on there? Maybe she was hoping we wouldn't find out it wasn't an ink drawing. The FBI found the ink source for the RN. What about the "heart"? Did the coroner get a tissue sample? Did they test the ink?

Patsy did say that, and I consider it one of the most suspicious comments she made. She is inferring, as it was a "pretty good little heart" that JB had not drawn it, but someone else had- the "intruder". Patsy told LE she did NOT see JB's body in he basement, did not see JB dead at all until she saw her covered body in the living room after she was brought up, and the last time she saw JB alive was putting her to bed. No mention of seeing the heart then.
Yet- Patsy speaks as if she has SEEN the heart. When JR brought JB up, and Arndt moved her under the Christmas Tree, JB was the covered with an afghan and a sweatshirt. Her hands were not visible when Patsy threw herself on the body. So...if Patsy saw that heart, she saw it on a DEAD JB- in the basement staging the body.

Patsy did say that, and I consider it one of the most suspicious comments she made. She is inferring, as it was a "pretty good little heart" that JB had not drawn it, but someone else had- the "intruder". Patsy told LE she did NOT see JB's body in he basement, did not see JB dead at all until she saw her covered body in the living room after she was brought up, and the last time she saw JB alive was putting her to bed. No mention of seeing the heart then.
Yet- Patsy speaks as if she has SEEN the heart. When JR brought JB up, and Arndt moved her under the Christmas Tree, JB was the covered with an afghan and a sweatshirt. Her hands were not visible when Patsy threw herself on the body. So...if Patsy saw that heart, she saw it on a DEAD JB- in the basement staging the body.

Great analysis Dee.

Some defenders of Patsy might argue that she meant that after she saw the heart (after the crime) she thought it looked too precise for a child to do thus it must have been an adult intruder.

But I too think it was a revealing quote -- it was Patsy trying to defer suspicions from her and place them onto something/someone else imo.

I am sure that is what Patsy was trying to do.
BUT after the crime JB was covered with an afghan until the coroner took it off that evening to examine the body- and Patsy was gone from the house by then. Patsy didn't see her in the morgue, and I assume JB's open coffin displayed her traditionally, with her hands folded. No palms visible.
The only way Patsy could have ever seen that heart are if it was put there at the White's (kids draw on themselves and each other all the time) and she saw it after they got home and JB got ready for bed OR if she saw it during the crime or staging. Patsy has not said she saw the heart while JB was alive, so she MUST have seen it after she died- and NOT after she was brought up- because her hands were never exposed after she was brought up from the basement until the coroner exposed them. The only way Patsy saw that heart after the crime was if she was involved in the crime or the coverup.

DeeDee, this is a wonderful deduction, from Patsys own statements. I am more seeing a smiley face on her hand, but the statements still come to the same conclusion. The more Patsys words are reviewed, the more discrepancies come forward.

Yes! That is exactly what made me so suspicious about that mark...that PR said it was a pretty good little heart before she should have even seen it.

On the subject of HEARTS....Do you remember the discussion of the newspaper article found in the parent's room with the picture of JR...and a heart was drawn around it?????? Did anyone ever see a picture of that or was it never released? I wondered if JB drew a heart over her Dad's picture...and if her heart on the newspaper looked like the one on her hand? Many little girls love to draw hearts...I can see JB drawing a heart on the photo of her Dad and on her hand...it is just the one on her hand really doesn't look like as good of a heart as a six year old "could" make...coupled with the autopsy appearing less than thorough...I wonder if the ink drawing is not ink.

Since some things that appeared to be from around the house were used, could be circular mark under the ear be from part of the paint brush? Maybe part of it was held in one hand while pressing down on the side of the face/head, and the other hand (ugh) doing the garrotting?

I wondered this too...or if someone's Christmas gift could have caused some of the marks...so that is why there aren't videos or photos. I would love to see a complete list of everyone's gifts! I've racked my brain...wood burning kit...soldering iron...screwdriving set....WHAT????? I honestly don't believe they "forgot" to charge the video batteries....

BUT after the crime JB was covered with an afghan until the coroner took it off that evening to examine the body- and Patsy was gone from the house by then. Patsy didn't see her in the morgue, and I assume JB's open coffin displayed her traditionally, with her hands folded. No palms visible.
The only way Patsy could have ever seen that heart are if it was put there at the White's (kids draw on themselves and each other all the time) and she saw it after they got home and JB got ready for bed OR if she saw it during the crime or staging. Patsy has not said she saw the heart while JB was alive, so she MUST have seen it after she died- and NOT after she was brought up- because her hands were never exposed after she was brought up from the basement until the coroner exposed them. The only way Patsy saw that heart after the crime was if she was involved in the crime or the coverup.
DeeDee249...you are so right about that! This is really typical of 6 year olds. I red flagged it because of PR's response to it. The fact PR said it was a pretty good little heart when in actuality it really wasn't a very good heart for a six year old...made me really suspicious!

Exactly! And if she HAD seen it before...why wouldn't she admit to it? If it HAD been there at the Whites...wouldn't someone have told LE that? Am I giving LE too much credit here? Why would PR try to make it sound like someone else (possibly intruder) drew it if it had been drawn on her at the Whites or before? (Pretty good little heart?)

Great analysis Dee.

Some defenders of Patsy might argue that she meant that after she saw the heart (after the crime) she thought it looked too precise for a child to do thus it must have been an adult intruder.

But I too think it was a revealing quote -- it was Patsy trying to defer suspicions from her and place them onto something/someone else imo.

I wondered if that is why PR showed support for a family where a sibling killed another sibling...I thought IF PR and JR were covering for BR then they would NOT want to raise suspicion of the possibility of sibling involvement. I thought if PR was the guilty party then maybe when things were pointing right at her she decided to take some "heat off" her by pointing the finger at BR by showing support for parents of kids whose child killed their sibling. What do you think?

I wondered if that is why PR showed support for a family where a sibling killed another sibling...I thought IF PR and JR were covering for BR then they would NOT want to raise suspicion of the possibility of sibling involvement. I thought if PR was the guilty party then maybe when things were pointing right at her she decided to take some "heat off" her by pointing the finger at BR by showing support for parents of kids whose child killed their sibling. What do you think?

That certainly sounds plausible.

I think that (assuming parents did it) their primary motivation was survival; survival in the sense of not going to jail and not being robbed of their freedom,lifestyle,affluence and what they had grown accustomed to.

This desire to not get caught would compel them to do anything to appear innocent.

Now, don't think I'm crazy (but if you already do, that's OK too) but I remember reading somewhere (and for the life of me I can't recall where) that Patsy used to draw little hearts on JB's hand and tell her "my heart is in your hands".
I remember that phrase very clearly. Anyone else?

Now, don't think I'm crazy (but if you already do, that's OK too) but I remember reading somewhere (and for the life of me I can't recall where) that Patsy used to draw little hearts on JB's hand and tell her "my heart is in your hands".
I remember that phrase very clearly. Anyone else?

I do, DeeDee (hey, that sounds like a song). Don't remember where, but I do remember reading it.

(Oh, I remember the song -- "Zip a Dee Do Dah".)

What a long thread and no longer discussing the letter e in the ransom note, but I am wondering if John was correct about an insider. Could someone who knew Patsy's handwriting very well have been practicing to write like her to write hot checks, but decided against it. When writing the crazy ransom note and trying to disguise handwriting, it could be possible to actually make some of the letters like Patsy's. I know I'll probably be laughed out of the JonBenet section, lol, but that's okay because I know there's no way I could match wits with anyone or have as much knowledge about the case. The person also knew the bonus amount and had bitterness about "fat cats". Jealousy over their money.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunnid
Back