SM as a potential focus of the investigation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM I don't see it that way. She needed comfort, snuggled up to KH and he took her in his arms. Like, what was he supposed to do, shove her away? I have no idea if he really wanted to or not, and, at that time maybe he had no idea she MIGHT be involved.

In the first PC when the 4 parent were present, Desiree was NOT kissy/huggy with SM. In the second PC, she moved real quick whe SM tried to take her hand, then she did take it after she wiped her eyes. I believe they were TOLD to present a united front by LE, or they "decided" a united front would be for the best, but I don't really SEE that they are united - to me it's an act, but I'm not sure of the reason.

I don't know if sm is guilty or not, but when I saw her face, I said to myself, "damn, she did it".

My opinion only, of course.

Could it be that she was thinking they all think I did it, rather than that she is feeling guilty because she did it. How would any us of feel or act if the whole of LE and the public thought we were guilty of something we were not. To make it worse it is just innuendos, not flat out "you did it", so she can't really deny anything yet. My opinion, but I still do think she looks suspicious.

If there is truth to the stories about the cell phone pings and they were innocent enough, wouldn't she have stated that at the onset? And had that cleared up right away?

I have to assume this didn't happen, as if she could prove she had gone to SI for a legitimate purpose, for instance, why would LE have gone looking for Kyron in the river the following week?

I'm as confused as I have ever been with any case.

has it been said why bio mom doesn't have custody?
and NO WAY NO HOW would I leave my other child with ANYONE OTHER THAN ME, if my child was missing, they would eat, sleep, shower and go to the bathroom with me.....

Yes. In this article:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

it says that Desiree Young (the bio mom) had custody of Kyron until he was about two years old. At that time, she became seriously ill and had to go to Canada for treatment of kidney failure, so Kaine Horman (the bio dad) took custody of Kyron.

It does not say so in the article but I know that kidney failure is a serious, life threatening condition. I am guessing that Desiree Young may not have had the physical energy to care for Kyron at that time.

All plausible, in theory, BUT Le is NOT begging whoever took Kyron to please return him, to come forwards, etc. Its like they KNOW hes deceased, already. It would be WONDERFUL if some lonely person kidnapped him to have for themself, and he is safe and while he's still kidnapped, he's being fed and "loved". But sadly, I think LE and everyone else knows that's not whats happened. At least they are not acting as if that's a possibility. JMO

abbie

That is true. They are not doing those things, but maybe they should. Many a case has been bungled or lost due to the lack of or wrong actions by LE. I do not mean to criticize law enforcement as a whole, but is this really the best way to handle THIS case? Might there be a perp out there who harmed or has this child and their not even trying to find him/her because they have zeroed in on TH from the beginning? They seem so sure that only one person, close to the family is involved.

Super curious for feedback, so reposting my questions from the questionnaire thread on the SM focus thread:

Does anyone remember the press conference wherein LE asked media to please meet separately/privately/in a different room after the televised Q&A was over? Am I imagining that?

I am noting that all local media outlets are (for obvious reasons, due to the questionnaire) emphasizing and headlining TH as a focus point, and wondering if anyone actually thinks LE asked to media to assist in this effort. Have any sleuthers ever heard of this kind of tactic before (giving media a tip not to share but in order to assist in directing investigation-risking a leak), or familiar with LE behavior/protocol to let me know if they would or would not ever something like that? I kind of am getting a feeling they asked media to respectfully address this next step for some reason....

THANK YOU.....you have skillfully stated exactly the way I think. I too acknowledge that the SM could be involved, but see no reason at this time to assume that. The pain that she is experiencing with all of this vehemence must be excruciating. If she is innocent, how dare anyone do that to her without thought of the damage? Far better to reserve ones vitriol than to owe an immense apology that could never begin to repair the damage one has done.

jmo

I wonder, if LE does think she harmed Kyron, what they think she actually did to him. That is where I am having a hard time. The possible scenarios presented point to premeditation and planning. How could she do something like that to Kyron?! So it is hard for me to believe she did this.
I am back on the fence, I guess.

RELATED TOPICS

In a brief phone interview with CNN, sheriff spokeswoman Lt. Mary Lindstrand said the focus of the investigation is not on Terri Horman.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/19/oregon.missing.boy/index.html?hpt=T2

If she is not the focus, then I would like to know who is.

I interpret the quote about the focus is not on Terri as wedged between 2 statements that say she is being looked at, along with anyone else. The focus not being on Terri is exactly what they have been saying all along (I read: the focus is on Kyron). I think that is what is meant by "not focusing on Terri" is not necessarily that she is in the clear...but that they are keeping the straight and narrow media path statement that the focus is finding Kyron, and it's as straightforward as that. They are so tight-lipped...

context:
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/19/oregon.missing.boy/index.html?hpt=T2

"Detectives work in this case is exhaustive and they, along with Kyron's family, are asking for the community's assistance regarding anyone who saw not only Kyron, but also who may have seen Terri Horman and/or the truck she was driving that morning. Terri is the last person known to have seen him before he disappeared."

In a brief phone interview with CNN, sheriff spokeswoman Lt. Mary Lindstrand said the focus of the investigation is not on Terri Horman.

"We're looking for every bit of information that we can," Lindstrand said. "We are not in a position to name anybody a person of interest."

Odd that we now find out Kaine was adopted. I wonder if Kristian was also, and if they had the same bio parents or totally unrelated.

Yes, Kaine & Kristian were both adopted by the father that their bio mom married when they were boys.

Why are they so concerned about what Terri was driving that day? Do they have some reason to believe that she was actually driving the Mustang? Or do that have someone who saw Kaine driving the truck? Although I was leaning toward the Occam's Razor solution, now I am on the fence.

They are not concerned about what she was driving - they are posting the photo of the truck to jog memories. She usually does drive her 2007 GT Mustang that she received from Kaine for Mother's Day.

I wonder, if LE does think she harmed Kyron, what they think she actually did to him. That is where I am having a hard time. The possible scenarios presented point to premeditation and planning. How could she do something like that to Kyron?! So it is hard for me to believe she did this.
I am back on the fence, I guess.

The part I have a hard time with is she takes him to school, then takes him from school, then snaps and kills him. Why?

Super curious for feedback, so reposting my questions from the questionnaire thread on the SM focus thread:

Does anyone remember the press conference wherein LE asked media to please meet separately/privately/in a different room after the televised Q&A was over? Am I imagining that?
I am noting that all local media outlets are (for obvious reasons, due to the questionnaire) emphasizing and headlining TH as a focus point, and wondering if anyone actually thinks LE asked to media to assist in this effort. Have any sleuthers ever heard of this kind of tactic before (giving media a tip not to share but in order to assist in directing investigation-risking a leak), or familiar with LE behavior/protocol to let me know if they would or would not ever something like that? I kind of am getting a feeling they asked media to respectfully address this next step for some reason....

No, you are not imagining it. I heard it, too, as well as others, we discussed it in one of the discussion threads.

I also heard after the second press conference (where the parents stood behind but did not speak) LE say "this is the pings" when showing the media one of the two maps they had there. This was after the actual press conference, but the camera for the live stream was still on. I asked about it here, but no one answered. All the videos for that press conference stop at the end and do not have the extra where I heard the word pings.

I missed my daughter's talent show this week. I didn't know she was performing in it, and she stole the show. That doesn't make me a bad mom nor should it reflect poorly on me if something happened in the same week.

And I'm really not trying to defend Terri, I'm just not convinced she's the POI. But I see this nitpicking on her (not in relation to the post above). Am I really the only mom on WS that *gasp* yells at my daughter sometimes? There are times I have "gotten in her face", and there are times that corrections come out much sharper than I intended. ...

Don't make the mistake of thinking that folks who believe it is Terri who committed this crime, do so because of what you describe above. It's not about thinking Terri is the perp b/c she missed the talent show or because she had times of frustration with little Kyron. It is the BIG picture we are seeing here.

Look outside yourself and your circumstances - it's the only way to solve crimes. In terms of reasoning it out, you cannot personalize any of it.

Yes. In this article:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

it says that Desiree Young (the bio mom) had custody of Kyron until he was about two years old. At that time, she became seriously ill and had to go to Canada for treatment of kidney failure, so Kaine Horman (the bio dad) took custody of Kyron.

It does not say so in the article but I know that kidney failure is a serious, life threatening condition. I am guessing that Desiree Young may not have had the physical energy to care for Kyron at that time.

But, she got better apparently, and remarried. Wonder why she did not take Kyron back?

No, you are not imagining it. I heard it, too, as well as others, we discussed it in one of the discussion threads.

I also heard after the second press conference (where the parents stood behind but did not speak) LE say "this is the pings" when showing the media one of the two maps they had there. This was after the actual press conference, but the camera for the live stream was still on. I asked about it here, but no one answered. All the videos for that press conference stop at the end and do not have the extra where I heard the word pings.

Flip! Really? So the stream actually went into the "pressroom" for lack of a better word? Can I re-pose your question to the boards? Mods? Anyone remember this? As far as I know, "pings" are still rumor, except for anonymous LE sources quoted in the Willamette Week article:

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06...yron-horman-focuses-on-step-mom-cell-records/

Last I heard on the board, this was still an appropriate media reference, and this article is mentioned in the Oregonian and with other media outlets. (WW got a Pulitzer for an investigative report a few years back by the way....)

Would like to hear that...anybody have a way to find it?

I also heard the private media Q & A mentioned as well...and yes, I do believe that LE is working with the Media to stir the pot in the Horman household maybe to turn the heat up and hopefully get TH to make a mistake or admit what really happened to Kyron...

Flip! Really? So the stream actually went into the "pressroom" for lack of a better word? Can I re-pose your question to the boards? Mods? Anyone remember this? As far as I know, "pings" are still rumor, except for anonymous LE sources quoted in the Willamette Week article:

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06...yron-horman-focuses-on-step-mom-cell-records/

Last I heard on the board, this was still an appropriate media reference, and this article is mentioned in the Oregonian and with other media outlets. (WW got a Pulitzer for an investigative report a few years back by the way....)

They didn't actually move to another room, so the camera that was streaming was still on and streaming. Media stayed seated and the LE people moved the two maps - they looked like large tablets on easels - down the step so the media could see them easily. I could be wrong, of course, but I nearly jumped at the word I heard as pings.

Sure, you can repost as far as I'm concerned.

Would like to hear that...anybody have a way to find it?

I also heard the private media Q & A mentioned as well...and yes, I do believe that LE is working with the Media to stir the pot in the Horman household maybe to turn the heat up and hopefully get TH to make a mistake or admit what really happened to Kyron...

I listened/looked at several different sites where the press conference video was shown but all I found stopped at the end of the "official" press conference.

Me tooooo! As if it wasn't bad enough that the Haleigh Cummings case scarred me for life.
From Feb/09 up until about March this year... I wouldn't let my (then 3 year old) daughter sleep in her room alone because I was SO afraid of someone coming thru her window (even tho it's a good 10 ft from the ground) or someone coming thru the back door to take her. Even tho we live in a private/gated community. I slept on the sectional sofa on one end.. and she slept on the other end.. and the baby slept with hubby in our room because I was just soooo paranoid. Now I'm deathly afraid to send her to school next year for kindergarten (2011-2012 school year) because apparently... no security system is infallible.
My hubby tried to reason with me and tell me that these kidnappings are most always done by a member of the child's own family.. and I guess it's true.. but she bio dad is a psychopath and I wouldn't put anything past him. Plus my neighbor kinda freaks me out

IKWYM. In the town my daughters live in there have actually been a couple of cases where someone HAS come through an open or cracked window at night and molested a child, one was taken out of the house and molested and found wandering the streets in her pajamas, I forget what happened to the other one. Neither were killed or anything. My SIL goes around religiously every night checking windows and doors. I checked the sex offender registry for their town and there were so many red dots on the map that some areas were just red blobs, so many dots. I freak out when my 8 yr old grandaughter goes down the street out of my sight when I am there. They think I am paranoid, but I'm not. It just takes 3 seconds, it just takes one pervert. I am hyper-aware cos of my addiction to true crime. I can't help it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave