SM as a potential focus of the investigation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have been wrong in 95% of the missing child cases (who was responsible), so I'm going to remain open to all possibilities until more facts are released by the LE.

SAME HERE! I did peg Susan Smith right away. And I did believe a stranger grabbed little Somer. The Elizabeth Olten case threw me for a loop!!!

Well, KC Anthony was an easy one to figure out.

Well I have been wrong in 95% of the missing child cases (who was responsible), so I'm going to remain open to all possibilities until more facts are released by the LE.

I understand where you're coming from. For me personally, I can usually say who it isn't but who it is, not so much.

IMO, the DUI could be she had a margarita with lunch/dinner/brunch and then she and her son drove home. She blew over the legal limit. It could've been a point over.
My point is that we don't know. .

Angel4U & & must've had the same thought at the same time..
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5314230&postcount=1013"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SM as a potential focus of the investigation #2[/ame]

The article says she was cited for a 0.15; the legal limit in Oregon is .08.

IMO, the DUI could be she had a margarita with lunch/dinner/brunch and then she and her son drove home. She blew over the legal limit. It could've been a point over.
My point is that we don't know. I'm not going to crucify her for that. Now, if she downed a six pack and then went all OJ, then yeah, major problem. But we don't know the ins and the outs of her arrest. And the Child Endangerment was because she had her son in the car. I'm not excusing what she did or saying that it was OK. But people screw up sometimes. If they do it once and they fix it, great.

That article, for me personally, really changed my thinking. It cleared up a lot of questions I had.
I feel awful for Kyron's mom. A disease so debilitating she had to go to Canada to get treatment? How sad. I hope she's OK now.

A margarita over lunch does not equal a .15 BAC. That's nearly twice the legal limit. And she's not a small woman. A margarita over lunch will get you maybe to a .03, if that.

I can't recall a child abductor kidnapping a bunch of kids over and over in the same city....can anyone else? Serial killers I know do, but they usually are over time....so I think it's an appropriate response that kids in general aren't at a higher risk than normal to be kidnapped.

The other poster mentioned a boyfriend....I have wondered if that is why she was on SI (or a handful of other reasons she wouldn't want to admit to.)

Westley Alan Dodd, for starters. http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/predators/dodd/movies_1.html

Is that true she got a DUI/reckless endagerment? Was it recently? I'm wondering if this subject is a bit too personal for a public forum. I'm gonna come and delete this post after you post back to me.

She did but it was a while ago. It was in the article that gave a family background of how she came to be Kyron's caretaker.

A margarita over lunch does not equal a .15 BAC. That's nearly twice the legal limit. And she's not a small woman. A margarita over lunch will get you maybe to a .03, if that.

I got a DUII, in Portland, when I was a teenager. Totally stupid and selfish, but I learned my lesson and have never been in trouble since. I blew a .15 and I was DRUNK. I am a similar size to Terry, and I have a high tolerance for alcohol.

ETA I had drank 6 PINTS of dark beer (9 percent alcohol)

Exactly. She would have also showed up for Kyrons talent show, and feigned surprise that he wasn't even at the school!

No -- I think that's why she made the confusing statement to the "half deaf" teacher that Kyron was going to an appointment [next week]. It caused some confusion, and later, not showing at the talent show could be explained away (got caught doing errands, had to pick the baby up, etc. etc.).

My guess is she couldn't go to the talent show because more time was needed b/w when she did whatever she did and when she "realized" he was missing.

My oldest daughter has a BF of 9 years who COULD BE that clueless, seriously. He's a true doop-de-doo. BUT, Kaine works for Intel and has an impressive job there, so he ain't no dummy. But....denial can be pretty strong when something shocking like this comes along. jmo

In denial? Very well could be. But I don't believe he wouldn't be suspicious.

I understand where you're coming from. For me personally, I can usually say who it isn't but who it is, not so much.

Unless its an obvious case, such as Caylee, I usually run about 60/40. Which is right about 40% of the time. Some cases are too bizarre for even LE to figure out. I'd like to say I am a great sleuther but honestly, I use my intuition.
In my next life, I am going to be in forensics.

No -- I think that's why she made the confusing statement to the "half deaf" teacher that Kyron was going to an appointment [next week]. It caused some confusion, and later, not showing at the talent show could be explained away (got caught doing errands, had to pick the baby up, etc. etc.).

My guess is she couldn't go to the talent show because more time was needed b/w when she did whatever she did and when she "realized" he was missing.

I'm trying to step back and look at this from afar: If she planned to do something to Kyron, why drive him to school the morning there's a bunch of people around and then take him away? Yeah, there are a lot of people that could be blamed in this situation, but the chance of witnesses seeing her take him from school?

And if she knows who took him or who was picking him up and this was not meant for Kaine to know, she might have just thought he'd be home later, then anguish sets in when he wasn't. The look on her face at the press conference tells me she knows something OR she's in such shock that she's emotionless.

I'm trying to step back and look at this from afar: If she planned to do something to Kyron, why drive him to school the morning there's a bunch of people around and then take him away? Yeah, there are a lot of people that could be blamed in this situation, but the chance of witnesses seeing her take him from school?

And if she knows who took him or who was picking him up and this was not meant for Kaine to know, she might have just thought he'd be home later, then anguish sets in when he wasn't. The look on her face at the press conference tells me she knows something OR she's in such shock that she's emotionless.

To me, the science fair day is the perfect time to do it. Lots of parents walking around, kids probably going in and out of the building to get things from the car, etc. Would anyone even notice a kid running back to the car with mom to grab something? I don't think so. Again, it is one of the few days when the staff in the building are probably less vigilant (sad to say) because there is so much chaos and so many kids are already with an adult.

Also, talking to the teacher at that time is perfect...crowded, noisy classroom, the teacher thought the appt. was that day, but now Terri says no, it was the week after. I mean, really..how many mistakes, misunderstandings, etc. could there be? Are we to believe that on the very day she makes a confusing statement about an appt., a perp just happened to get him, making everyone oblivious or unconcerned to the fact that he was gone? That stretches coincidence past the point of believability, IMHO.

I can't recall a child abductor kidnapping a bunch of kids over and over in the same city....can anyone else? Serial killers I know do, but they usually are over time....so I think it's an appropriate response that kids in general aren't at a higher risk than normal to be kidnapped.

I've never heard of a multiple-child abductor NOT kidnapping "over time" - which would be a stranger abduction. I'd suspect that's the big clue that LE consideres this case *not* a stranger abduction.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Gary_Bishop"]Arthur Gary Bishop[/ame] in Salt Lake City, kidnapped and murdered 5 young boys in four years -- and took them into the desert, and buried the first three near each other in Cedar Fort.

Police were very slow to suspect Bishop because he had good local credentials; some googling will turn up fascinating details.

In my world, yes. As a grandparent I attend all my grandkids functions like that.
I think its very important to show a child their family supports them in the things they do in school.

I have wondered and wanted to know more about his other parents taking a role in Kyron's upbringing. Why wouldn't his father attend the Science Project that morning, or the Talent Show? He was the boy's father, afterall. Didn't Kyron talk about and want his Dad at the Talent Show? His Dad works, so what, alot of parents arrange to be there on important school events.

Remembering when my own son had an award for his science project how both his Bio and Step Dad showed up. It sounds like for a Step Mom this woman contributed alot to Kyron's well being. It'll be sad if she was involved in Kyron being missing.

I don't want to jump to any conclusions yet. I just wonder why TMH looks so guilty in the pic they included in the questionaire, and why they would choose that pic, and why the Dad acts distant, and I'm puzzled at LE's approach to solving this case using a questionaire.

What about Kyron is what we all want to know. He's gone?

I'm still not able to make this leap:

"make breakfast for the kids. check. get science project into the vehicle to set up at the school. check. make arrangements for the baby. check. gather up Kyron and get him off to the school. check. meander for 45 minutes with him, snapping pix of other kids' science projects. check. blow a gasket and sneak him out of the school and hide him for over 2 weeks. check. spend the rest of the day doing this and that and play on FB and have a playdate. check. act surprised when he doesn't get off the bus. check."

It just. doesn't. compute.

I don't think it's weird at all that Kyron's father wasn't there. There are always mostly mothers at any kind of event that happens at our elementary school.

I'm still not able to make this leap:

"make breakfast for the kids. check. get science project into the vehicle to set up at the school. check. make arrangements for the baby. check. gather up Kyron and get him off to the school. check. meander for 45 minutes with him, snapping pix of other kids' science projects. check. blow a gasket and sneak him out of the school and hide him for over 2 weeks. check. spend the rest of the day doing this and that and play on FB and have a playdate. check. act surprised when he doesn't get off the bus. check."

It just. doesn't. compute.

no debs...it doesnt...i think it touches something so hardwired in us that someone in the role of "mom" who on the surface ticks off all the boxes of that educated, dedicated, clean, normal, multitasking, substitute teaching, all around typical Mrs. Suburbia could be responsible. It is much easier to wrap our heads around the shadowy pedophile or stereotype of a questionable "janitor" who has a lair in the murky basement of the school thumbing through stacks of *advertiser censored* and speaking very broken english. Thing is he's gone...and for me - none. of. it. computes.

I try to go to all my kids school events, the only time I don't is if younger siblings aren't allowed and I can't get a sitter. My daughter's elementary school hardly ever allows younger sibs to attend anything, and I have a 3 yr old. My husband tries to attend as many things as possible but sometimes he cannot get away from work. What I find odd is that SM was facebooking at the time the talent show was going on. Wonder what the policy is at the school regarding younger sibs attending.

Me too. I have a 7 yo and there are a similar number of people in her school building (4k to 3rd grade) as in Kyron's school. Everyone knows each other! I just cannot wrap my mind around anyone getting Kyron out of the school unnoticed. I feel like either (1) the abduction was very carefully premeditated and more complicated than the theories currently floating around or (2) it was complete misfortune that he left the school unnoticed and the disappearance is some kind of accidental tragedy. I know that a 7yo child leaving school when it's time for school to start would stand out and be memorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3