Source: Homes of Terri Horman's friends searched

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree, Cypress, it is absurd to me that TH managed to somehow round up a bunch of otherwise-ordinary people working ordinary jobs, etc. to assist her in doing whatever was done to a 7-year old. It is beyond absurd to me. The only possibility I can see as far as any accomplice at all is an unwitting one after the fact, unknowingly helping Terri with an alibi, for example.

But as you said, the thought of an unknown perp relaxing someplace, knowing he is not even being sought, is a scary one. And then to hear today that some searchers were back out by the school...what is that about? They are claiming "loose ends"-what sort of loose ends could a search have left?

I never imagined that we would be 7+ weeks in and LE would be still be in a staring contest with Terri. It is simply unbelievable to me.

Cypress you eloquently emphasized the other side of the fence on which I find myself perched.

I agree, Cypress, it is absurd to me that TH managed to somehow round up a bunch of otherwise-ordinary people working ordinary jobs, etc. to assist her in doing whatever was done to a 7-year old. It is beyond absurd to me. The only possibility I can see as far as any accomplice at all is an unwitting one after the fact, unknowingly helping Terri with an alibi, for example.

But as you said, the thought of an unknown perp relaxing someplace, knowing he is not even being sought, is a scary one. And then to hear today that some searchers were back out by the school...what is that about? They are claiming "loose ends"-what sort of loose ends could a search have left?

I never imagined that we would be 7+ weeks in and LE would be still be in a staring contest with Terri. It is simply unbelievable to me.

Personally, I think they're just making sure that their search can't be questioned. Maybe some of those who have been interviewed lately (ds?) are still trying to pin it on the school and suggesting that Kyron wandered away but LE didn't look hard enough. I wonder if it's possible that LE thinks or has info that whoever has/had Kyron may have gone back to Skyline and planted....er..umm...evidence there. I can't type out what I'm thinking :furious:

I mentioned this in another thread, but I think it's semi-important to my post so I'll mention it again, but I took a self-imposed week off from this case. Having said that, coming back to an even more convoluted mess than I left and still no Kyron, makes me wonder if this case is headed in the right direction.

If Terri had help and there were multiple scenes, if you will, with regard to incapacitation, handing off Kyron, and murder, there's a lot of potential for evidence. Even eliminating the murder aspect and assuming she stashed him for whatever reason, there is going to be evidence, and more than her venting to a friend or whoever that the kid annoys her or pisses her off in some e-mail. LE is not going to refrain from arresting Terri out of the goodness of their hearts. IMHO, at this point in time, there is no better way to put pressure on Terri than to arrest her. At this point, she's been convicted in the court of public opinion, she's lost the meal ticket/man she either supposedly hated and wanted to get away from hence the MFH or loved so much that she abducted and possibly killed Kyron in a delusional attempt to retain her husband's full affection, she's lost her daughter, her home, her financial stability, her friends, and the list goes on. IMHO, TH has nothing more to lose except her freedom. If LE had the evidence, she'd be in custody, IMHO.

And, round I come to my initial thought/point -- I find it increasingly difficult to believe that so many people could be involved and yet there isn't enough evidence to arrest anyone. There's some rumbling about the landscaper. Now there's rumbling about multiple friends. Just how many people are there in Portland willing to help in harming a child directly and/or indirectly, and how in the world did Terri Horman seem to hone in on all of them in rather average places?

LE readily admits they have no murder scene, and yet how likely is it that Kyron is alive? TH is the only direction LE is headed, and they've searched everything associated with her that day, and yet there's not a drop of blood? No other fluids corroborating a murder or death occurred?

Now LE has these friends who are supposedly withholding evidence and/or not cooperating according to DY and KH. Where is the evidence, though?

In this day and time, with the precision and advances in technology, how likely is it that this woman or these people could pull off an abduction and possibly a murder without leaving behind a shred of evidence?

And how likely is it that this laundry list of characters are involved and yet no one has misstepped in nearly eight weeks and there is no physical evidence of any of this?

IMHO, there are aspects of this case that simultaneously require Terri to be both too stupid and too smart, too cunning and devious and yet ridiculously simpleminded for all of it to be true.

And then there's Terri's friends and their willingness to assist in her not-even-alleged-according-to-LE crimes. She randomly meets a landscaper who dabbles in MFH on the side? An accomplice in child abduction and possibly murder at the gym? Really? I know Terri should look guilty as hell, and through a certain lens she does, and through another lens I see a woman who probably has issues with lying and using sex as a substitute for affection and maybe she loved Kyron and he annoyed her and pissed her off sometimes and maybe this whole thing is a perfect storm and there is some pedophile out there rubbing his hands together, not quite believing his luck.

The latter is what makes me poke holes in the foregone conclusion that Terri and her haphazard gang of thugs are guilty.

OK, if they are not guilty they should be cooperating.

OK, if they are not guilty they should be cooperating.

But what is not cooperating to these people?

When DY was asked to clarify how TH was not cooperating, she basically said that TH had not contacted LE with the information that would bring Kyron home. DY is assuming she's guilty, though. What if Terri's not guilty? What if she can't "cooperate" within the parameters set by DY because she doesn't have the information necessary to cooperate? LE blatantly contradicted DY and said TH had been cooperative (until recently, when it was inferred Terri had been less cooperative since acquiring representation).

A lot of LE will tell you, friend to friend, not LE to layperson, that you should never speak to LE without a lawyer. Your Miranda Warning, they will tell you, is your first (Miranda WARNING) and second clue -- anything you say CAN and WILL be used against you. DS is a daughter of LE. She would know this. Is she not cooperating because her dad told her to keep her mouth shut if she was ever arrested/detained/questioned by LE? Maybe DS refuses to speak without a lawyer or because maybe Terri did vent about Kyron and she's afraid of how it will be used against her? That's valid considering the media craze. It's her right not to implicate herself. I know the train of thought will converge on Kyron's rights; however, implicating the wrong person doesn't help Kyron at all. If DS is innocent of any wrongdoing, she knows this, and if she can't help Kyron then she probably reasons that she can't help so she might as well not implicate herself.

It's DY and KH who have said the friends aren't cooperating. Are they defining not cooperating as not confessing what they know? But then, how do DY and KH know without a doubt that these friends know anything? It's a vicious cycle that's feeding on itself, IMHO.

TH may be guilty as sin, and so may her friends or friend or the landscaper, but accusing people of not cooperating or implicating them in a crime of this magnitude without any evidence to back up such claims, is wrong.

Kyron is one victim too many in this case; we don't need more, and creating more won't bring him home.

I agree with the above as well......BUT........why has she never ever protested her innocence?????? honestly she could have that much media attention if she wanted it......the other party....mostly Kaine............are taking every opportunity in the media to point the finger at her.........if she is innocent she should be screaming it out to the world as she would have nothing to hide or be investigated about..........IF she is innocent she is her own worst enemy keeping quiet.....I would be on every chat show and demanding my name be cleared!!!!

I agree with the above as well......BUT........why has she never ever protested her innocence?????? honestly she could have that much media attention if she wanted it......the other party....mostly Kaine............are taking every opportunity in the media to point the finger at her.........if she is innocent she should be screaming it out to the world as she would have nothing to hide or be investigated about..........IF she is innocent she is her own worst enemy keeping quiet.....I would be on every chat show and demanding my name be cleared!!!!

yes, ITA.
it is not in her nature. She couldn't pull it off, proclaiming innocence, I mean. Why not? Because TH is not innocent of what happened to Kyron. imoo

So, if Terri did a media blitz saying "I am innocent. I demand my name be cleared.", you would believe she was innocent? Everyone (or most peoople) would believe she was innocent?

I mean, let's envision that. Let's pretend that happens starting this very morning. By the end of today, Terri will have gone on every local news station, and said "I am innocent. I demand my name be cleared."

Tonight the majority of people will say, "Terri is innocent! We've got to find the real perp!"?

The answer, of course, is no. By tonight, hundreds of new posts will have been made across the internet tearing her up from head to toe for every strand of hair, blink of the eye, ounce of weight, article of clothing, move of the head, shoulder, arm, hand, inflection of the voice, etc, etc, etc, with people screaming, even louder, "SHE'S GUILTY! SHE'S LYING! LOOK AT THE *advertiser censored*!"

And that is why she's not going on the media and saying anything - there's no point.

And if I were in her position, guilty or innocent, I'd keep my mouth shut too. I'd talk only to my attorney, family, and close (true) friends. And I'd be d**n careful about what I said to anyone except my attorney. I probably wouldn't even trust my DH. God bless him. LOL.

yes, ITA.
it is not in her nature. She couldn't pull it off, proclaiming innocence, I mean. Why not? Because TH is not innocent of what happened to Kyron. imoo

I don't know about that. Now that I've seen the pack of hounds in action for so long, I'm beginning to wonder if:

* LE is telling the parents the truth,
* The parents are telling the truth to the media,
* The "sources" are telling the truth to the media,
* The media is reporting what is told to them accurately and have ascertained whether it is the truth or merely repeated gossip.

LE, victims, sources, and the media can tell lies and can misrepresent something as truth by leaving facts out or by having inaccurate memories or by making inferences from untrue statements or by making unreasonable inferences about behavior or by having an ax to grind that colors their perceptions. How does the fox prove that? Isn't that the same thing as trying to prove innocence? Why, yes it is.

All over the internet, people are giving their opinions on this case (including me) based on "facts" that have not been proved to be accurate. TH's timeline, for example, may not be accurate. It was provided by "sources" who hid behind their anonymity. Sources can lie with impunity because no one knows who they are. Their reputations are not at risk.

I think there is a witch hunt going on here -- and if I base my opinion on believing the parents and the media, then LE is after the correct witch. But if I question whether the whole truth and nothing but the truth is being reported, then I have to ask whether the focus of the investigation is being applied to TH and her pals simply because they have no one else to focus upon.

Who is the victim? Kyron.
Who is the last person, to the best of LE's knowledge, to have been seen with him? TH.
Who engineered his disappearance? Unknown, but LE suspects TH and that has filtered down to the parents and the media, and through them, to the public.
What happened to him? He disappeared.
When did it happen? Between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m., June 4, 2010.
Where did it occur? From the premises of the Skyline Elementary School.
Where is he now? Unknown.
Why (for what purpose) did it occur? Unknown.
How did it occur? Unknown.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the LE press conference on Tuesday - cautious because I'm afraid that we might not get very many answers. LE probably selected very carefully the questions that they would answer without the obligation to provide many details that might jeopardize the case. We might advance a few squares on the gameboard, but I won't hold my breath. jmo

And if I were in her position, guilty or innocent, I'd keep my mouth shut too. I'd talk only to my attorney, family, and close (true) friends. And I'd be d**n careful about what I said to anyone except my attorney. I probably wouldn't even trust my DH. God bless him. LOL.

respectively snipped by me

I agree with the whole post but this particular holds a lot of weight with me, here is a true story:
My youngest once told his teacher my husband kicked him in the face and that explained the slight bruising on his forehead above his eye, His teacher knows us (I work in the school) doesn't fully believe this but asks my son again and he refuses to change the story. So now she believes him or at least that he believes what he is saying.

My son reiterated this story many times to many people over the coarse of the day, they soon all believed what he was saying there was no way this kid was lying. Well the truth is my son wasn't lying my husband did kick him what my son left out was that his dad was climbing down a ladder and he ran over to the ladder calling my dh as he was happy to see him (we were just arriving home) it just so happened the top of his head was the exact height of my dh's next step down. it was an accident... My son never offered up that part of the story as no one asked him (he is a very literal kid) they focused on what he first claimed.

Imagine if he was giving a press conference on the actions of my dh we would have been hung for sure.. and he would have been telling the Truth the whole time. scares me....

I don't know about that. Now that I've seen the pack of hounds in action for so long, I'm beginning to wonder if:

* LE is telling the parents the truth,
* The parents are telling the truth to the media,
* The "sources" are telling the truth to the media,
* The media is reporting what is told to them accurately and have ascertained whether it is the truth or merely repeated gossip.

LE, victims, sources, and the media can tell lies and can misrepresent something as truth by leaving facts out or by having inaccurate memories or by making inferences from untrue statements or by making unreasonable inferences about behavior or by having an ax to grind that colors their perceptions. How does the fox prove that? Isn't that the same thing as trying to prove innocence? Why, yes it is.

All over the internet, people are giving their opinions on this case (including me) based on "facts" that have not been proved to be accurate. TH's timeline, for example, may not be accurate. It was provided by "sources" who hid behind their anonymity. Sources can lie with impunity because no one knows who they are. Their reputations are not at risk.

I think there is a witch hunt going on here -- and if I base my opinion on believing the parents and the media, then LE is after the correct witch. But if I question whether the whole truth and nothing but the truth is being reported, then I have to ask whether the focus of the investigation is being applied to TH and her pals simply because they have no one else to focus upon.

Who is the victim? Kyron.
Who is the last person, to the best of LE's knowledge, to have been seen with him? TH.
Who engineered his disappearance? Unknown, but LE suspects TH and that has filtered down to the parents and the media, and through them, to the public.
What happened to him? He disappeared.
When did it happen? Between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m., June 4, 2010.
Where did it occur? From the premises of the Skyline Elementary School.
Where is he now? Unknown.
Why (for what purpose) did it occur? Unknown.
How did it occur? Unknown.

Great post.

IMO, many in the media agreed to be "team players" to have access to the parents. That the media willingly agreed to the parents terms makes thier reporting suspect. We have no idea if the story is accurate or part of being a team player. We have no idea if "sources close to LE" are family members who do not want their name sourced on that information because it sounds better to source it as "close to LE."

IMO, with the media willing to submit to the parents terms on reporting, the only facts we can trust are those directly from LE with a name attached.

Great post.

IMO, many in the media agreed to be "team players" to have access to the parents. That the media willingly agreed to the parents terms makes thier reporting suspect. We have no idea if the story is accurate or part of being a team player. We have no idea if "sources close to LE" are family members who do not want their name sourced on that information because it sounds better to source it as "close to LE."

IMO, with the media willing to submit to the parents terms on reporting, the only facts we can trust are those directly from LE with a name attached.

Related article:
http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07/01/kyron-hormans-family-boots-ww-and-the-oregonian/

BBM. This is how I see it too. Manipulative people are cunning and know who they can use and take advantage of. Just MOO on the feel I get for TH so far. I could see TH calling DD and making some excuse for her to runs some errands for her. It's only after that DD realizes what she did. Now she's scared and still loyal to her friend. Still not believing her friend could have tricked her and done what people are saying her friend did. She also doesn't want to get her friend into trouble. TH may have told her to not tell anyone she asked DD to do her a favor. TH evidently has no problem asking people not to talk to others. No one likes to admit they were used. Maybe DD will eventually see TH for what she really is. The longer this goes on, the harder it will be for her to be upfront, IMO.

as the saying goes. I believe that people attract people like them so it is totally believable to me that if TH is an (unususal person) then she will have attracted friendds that who would be willing to do evil things also...people bring out the best in some and some feed off the evil of others. my opinion.

praying for Kyron's safe return:angel:

Sounds like you're in the same place I am. Problem with this spot is that without some concrete evidence you can't take a full step either way. Frustrating at best.

as the saying goes. I believe that people attract people like them so it is totally believable to me that if TH is a nut then she will have attracted friendds that who would be willing to do evil things also...people bring out the best in some and some feed off the evil of others. my opinion.

I don't disagree, but if we were to use this line of thinking to pass jusdgement on someone then we have to look at all the players, not just TH. So keeping in mind KH married TH, what does that make him? And then since KH also married DY what does that make her? And so on...

I have friends who are nothing like me. My closest friend has not read a book since high school, something I find incomprehensible, as I have not read one since...about two hours ago. She loves to go out and socialize, talk on the phone for hours and many other things I do not enjoy. Just saying, opposites attract in friendship as well as in romantic relationships. Not always based on similarities.

I don't disagree, but if we were to use this line of thinking to pass jusdgement on someone then we have to look at all the players, not just TH. So keeping in mind KH married TH, what does that make him? And then since KH also married DY what does that make her? And so on...

so you are saying that a person who marries an abuser is just as guilty as the abuser? I'm talking about people in general.

I don't buy that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back