Source: Homes of Terri Horman's friends searched

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DeDe is a landscaper, of sorts, isn't she?

:D You could use 'landscaper' and 'gardener' interchangeably..

My understanding of DeDe's professional activity related to gardening is this; she was laid off her job in Jan10. She has been exploring lots of related activities (composting, vermicomposting, food gardening etc). She was recently accepted as an intern in a gardener to farmer project and it's MOO that the 'work' she was doing that day was related to this.
So, it wasn't a 'job' per se, and she probably had a lot of flexibility/permission to leave when she wanted etc.

The having the meal there, with the homeowner, and the other things I know about these currently-popular programs, make this seem very sensible to me.
What I'd like to know is, where is that house she was working at? Because "NW" covers a lot of turf in Portland.

What I'd like to know is, where is that house she was working at? Because "NW" covers a lot of turf in Portland.
Her blog, before it went poof, mentioned a hog farm - and one of her tweets said something about watching someone make some cheese at the same place.

I wonder if that's where she was that day?

Best-
Herding Cats

Curious...when the mention of the searches was posted here it was @ 7:52 (don't know what time zone) that's just what shows on my computer. Wasn't long after that I believe the e-mail came from the family ( would be interested to know where the email was generated from) about DDS.I thought someone mentioned in a earlier post..like "20 minutes, that was quick". But in the original 7:52 post, no names were given if I remember correctly. All these news stations do updates so it's hard to figure. I just wonder who actually spoke of DDS 1st. The family or news stations?

Curious...when the mention of the searches was posted here it was @ 7:52 (don't know what time zone) that's just what shows on my computer. Wasn't long after that I believe the e-mail came from the family ( would be interested to know where the email was generated from) about DDS.I thought someone mentioned in a earlier post..like "20 minutes, that was quick". But in the original 7:52 post, no names were given if I remember correctly. All these news stations do updates so it's hard to figure. I just wonder who actually spoke of DDS 1st. The family or news stations?

I posted the article of DS as i found it around 11:00 pm est , I was actively looking for new news, shortly after Matou posted the family e-mail around 11:30 est and it was time stamped (approx 15 mins) before it was posted here. The news articles all state the Family outed DS but we knew of DS before the family e-mail surfaced on the net.

I think :)

I posted the article of DS as i found it around 11:00 pm est , I was actively looking for new news, shortly after Matou posted the family e-mail around 11:30 est and it was time stamped (approx 15 mins) before it was posted here. The news articles all state the Family outed DS but we knew of DS before the family e-mail surfaced on the net.

I think :)

We did; the article naming her was edited shortly after it was put up online to include the family's letter.

I googled DDS, was led to a crime blog that must remain nameless and was absolutely appalled at the behavior of some of the posters there. They just attacked this one guy mercilessly, gave him a real drubbing. I couldn't even read there for long, let alone consider posting. I'm thankful of the professionalism here on WS, where we can agree to civilly disagree but never attack one another. I don't really post all that much, read probably 10 times more than I post, but it's nice to know I won't get battered for expressing an opinion or asking a question.

I realize this is O/T, but I wanted to send out some kudos to the members here who Keep It Real without dragging it through the mud.

I wanted to weigh in on Dede's reasons for being involved in this crime. As Terri's friend, maybe even BFF, during the time she has been married to Kaine, surely they have discussed issues with the marriage many times. Dede may have built up a head of steam about Kaine and his behavior. Sometimes the BFF hates the spouse more than the wife does in these situations, and encourages her to leave him.

Could Dede be more than an accomplice? Could she be a catalyst for all this?

OTOH, we may not have the entire story. Maybe she told yet another person that she was leaving and would return at a certain time.

So very true. Occasionally I will time an appointment so that it falls over lunch time, and most of the time when you go to an appointment you turn your phone off. So... long lunch with the cellphone turned off isn't wierd to me in itself. But... if it coincides with a time her friend, and stepmother to missing boy, also can't account for on the day the child dissappeared it may seem a little hinky then.

I wanted to weigh in on Dede's reasons for being involved in this crime. As Terri's friend, maybe even BFF, during the time she has been married to Kaine, surely they have discussed issues with the marriage many times. Dede may have built up a head of steam about Kaine and his behavior. Sometimes the BFF hates the spouse more than the wife does in these situations, and encourages her to leave him.

Could Dede be more than an accomplice? Could she be a catalyst for all this?

I can see the hating part but not the Kyron part. That is too much for me to swallow. Even if as some have suggested, Terri managed to convince Dede it was for Kyron's "own good" to be "taken away", no one could think that now.

And I am still hoping she is talking to LE by now, with her lawyer present if that is how she is most comfortable. She may well be.

You're right--I was thinking about the MFH part (which I still cannot connect to the Kyron part). I'm thinking that the MFH not working somehow led to the Kyron disappearance, but that is pretty speculative, I know.

I can see the hating part but not the Kyron part. That is too much for me to swallow. Even if as some have suggested, Terri managed to convince Dede it was for Kyron's "own good" to be "taken away", no one could think that now.

And I am still hoping she is talking to LE by now, with her lawyer present if that is how she is most comfortable. She may well be.

I'm not quite down off the fence yet, and I speculated about a similiar possibility before and to me it makes more sense if a friend was involved...

Lets say the morning went as discussed, TH waived goodbye to Kyron and left to get into the truck, off to do whatever she does, and maybe Kyron forgot something in the truck and he ran out one of the doors at the end of the halls in his school to try to catch her but she wasn't paying attention and accidently hit him. People have been known to panic and do some crazy things when something like this happens so it could be that she put him in the truck thinking it would be faster than waiting for help and then he appeared to be lifeless so she panicked and drove around trying to figure out what to do. Perhaps she would call a friend with bright red hair to stand in for her so she would have more time to conceal her "problem". IMO, I hope they've searched for Kyron around the radius that TH could have driven to and back between the time shortly before she supposedly checked into the gym and when she arrived home.

:D You could use 'landscaper' and 'gardener' interchangeably..

My understanding of DeDe's professional activity related to gardening is this; she was laid off her job in Jan10. She has been exploring lots of related activities (composting, vermicomposting, food gardening etc). She was recently accepted as an intern in a gardener to farmer project and it's MOO that the 'work' she was doing that day was related to this.
So, it wasn't a 'job' per se, and she probably had a lot of flexibility/permission to leave when she wanted etc.

The having the meal there, with the homeowner, and the other things I know about these currently-popular programs, make this seem very sensible to me.

I think the volunteer internship is related to Rosemont Farm. The chick that runs the farm mentioned that DeDe came by and volunteered as she wanted to learn about growing and farming etc, as I recall, in one of the tv interviews yesterday.

Edit: Also in this interview the Lady Farmer mentioned being so shocked at her new intern being involved in the Kyron mystery that she immediately called the Tip Line and declared her availability for a sit-down with LE if they needed her, she put Kyron first, and wanted it known. Straight-shooter, seemed to me.

(moo)

I think the volunteer internship is related to Rosemont Farm. The chick that runs the farm mentioned that DeDe came by and volunteered as she wanted to learn about growing and farming etc, as I recall, in one of the tv interviews yesterday.

Edit: Also in this interview the Lady Farmer mentioned being so shocked at her new intern being involved in the Kyron mystery that she immediately called the Tip Line and declared her availability for a sit-down with LE if they needed her, she put Kyron first, and wanted it known. Straight-shooter, seemed to me.

(moo)

She is also involved with this group:
http://www.westwindfarmstudio.com/

They are located at 1300 NW Germantown Rd. Not far from Hwy 30 and Sauvie Island.

and Terri wouldn't bring a fully fluent 7 year old to a center where they have professionals to interview children for this kind of thing constantly for what reason?

And she would inflict this kind of trauma of being away from all family for what reason?

And she wouldn't want him to be receiving therapy for these kinds of issues for what reason?

And she would have the taxpayers of this county pay this amount of money to find him for what reason?

And she would have all of these searchers spend all of that donated time searching for what reason?

I really do not know the answers to the above......I personally dont think that she is hiding Kyron for HIS protection, nor would care too much about him getting therapy but I would say there was some form of control freak thing going on with Kaine and the boys and maybe she has exaggerated it to the friends...especially Dede......

I think it is all about hatred for Kaine and getting back at him and she has the others hate him as well.............PURE SPITE!.......the emotional abuse (or whatever..we dont know for sure do we if there was any other form of abuse) is what she is using as a perfect alibi/excuse......

with regards to the big search etc.......I think things maybe got out of hand...not sure......i dont think she expected her daughter to be taken

You're right--I was thinking about the MFH part (which I still cannot connect to the Kyron part). I'm thinking that the MFH not working somehow led to the Kyron disappearance, but that is pretty speculative, I know.

On a different thread (see below) it was pointed out that if Kaine were killed while Kyron was still alive, some of his inheritance would likely go to Kyron, whereas if Kyron were gone, all would go to TH and baby K.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5443914&postcount=530"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Sources detail Terri’s timeline day Kyron disappeared[/ame]

I mentioned this in another thread, but I think it's semi-important to my post so I'll mention it again, but I took a self-imposed week off from this case. Having said that, coming back to an even more convoluted mess than I left and still no Kyron, makes me wonder if this case is headed in the right direction.

If Terri had help and there were multiple scenes, if you will, with regard to incapacitation, handing off Kyron, and murder, there's a lot of potential for evidence. Even eliminating the murder aspect and assuming she stashed him for whatever reason, there is going to be evidence, and more than her venting to a friend or whoever that the kid annoys her or pisses her off in some e-mail. LE is not going to refrain from arresting Terri out of the goodness of their hearts. IMHO, at this point in time, there is no better way to put pressure on Terri than to arrest her. At this point, she's been convicted in the court of public opinion, she's lost the meal ticket/man she either supposedly hated and wanted to get away from hence the MFH or loved so much that she abducted and possibly killed Kyron in a delusional attempt to retain her husband's full affection, she's lost her daughter, her home, her financial stability, her friends, and the list goes on. IMHO, TH has nothing more to lose except her freedom. If LE had the evidence, she'd be in custody, IMHO.

And, round I come to my initial thought/point -- I find it increasingly difficult to believe that so many people could be involved and yet there isn't enough evidence to arrest anyone. There's some rumbling about the landscaper. Now there's rumbling about multiple friends. Just how many people are there in Portland willing to help in harming a child directly and/or indirectly, and how in the world did Terri Horman seem to hone in on all of them in rather average places?

LE readily admits they have no murder scene, and yet how likely is it that Kyron is alive? TH is the only direction LE is headed, and they've searched everything associated with her that day, and yet there's not a drop of blood? No other fluids corroborating a murder or death occurred?

Now LE has these friends who are supposedly withholding evidence and/or not cooperating according to DY and KH. Where is the evidence, though?

In this day and time, with the precision and advances in technology, how likely is it that this woman or these people could pull off an abduction and possibly a murder without leaving behind a shred of evidence?

And how likely is it that this laundry list of characters are involved and yet no one has misstepped in nearly eight weeks and there is no physical evidence of any of this?

IMHO, there are aspects of this case that simultaneously require Terri to be both too stupid and too smart, too cunning and devious and yet ridiculously simpleminded for all of it to be true.

And then there's Terri's friends and their willingness to assist in her not-even-alleged-according-to-LE crimes. She randomly meets a landscaper who dabbles in MFH on the side? An accomplice in child abduction and possibly murder at the gym? Really? I know Terri should look guilty as hell, and through a certain lens she does, and through another lens I see a woman who probably has issues with lying and using sex as a substitute for affection and maybe she loved Kyron and he annoyed her and pissed her off sometimes and maybe this whole thing is a perfect storm and there is some pedophile out there rubbing his hands together, not quite believing his luck.

The latter is what makes me poke holes in the foregone conclusion that Terri and her haphazard gang of thugs are guilty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back