Source: Homes of Terri Horman's friends searched

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So, if Terri did a media blitz saying "I am innocent. I demand my name be cleared.", you would believe she was innocent? Everyone (or most peoople) would believe she was innocent?

I mean, let's envision that. Let's pretend that happens starting this very morning. By the end of today, Terri will have gone on every local news station, and said "I am innocent. I demand my name be cleared."

Tonight the majority of people will say, "Terri is innocent! We've got to find the real perp!"?

The answer, of course, is no. By tonight, hundreds of new posts will have been made across the internet tearing her up from head to toe for every strand of hair, blink of the eye, ounce of weight, article of clothing, move of the head, shoulder, arm, hand, inflection of the voice, etc, etc, etc, with people screaming, even louder, "SHE'S GUILTY! SHE'S LYING! LOOK AT THE *advertiser censored*!"

And that is why she's not going on the media and saying anything - there's no point.

And if I were in her position, guilty or innocent, I'd keep my mouth shut too. I'd talk only to my attorney, family, and close (true) friends. And I'd be d**n careful about what I said to anyone except my attorney. I probably wouldn't even trust my DH. God bless him. LOL.

Now it is waaaay to late. But back in the beginning when all of this suspicion was being cast on her and she knew it, it would have been a great time to address issues. I think people would have been sympathetic. Not all, but a lot more would have been on her team.

I have friends who are nothing like me. My closest friend has not read a book since high school, something I find incomprehensible, as I have not read one since...about two hours ago. She loves to go out and socialize, talk on the phone for hours and many other things I do not enjoy. Just saying, opposites attract in friendship as well as in romantic relationships. Not always based on similarities.

this goes without saying obviously..no judgment being passed here on anyone friends or married to TH. just saying sometimes when people get together alot of evil can come from the union..

Now it is waaaay to late. But back in the beginning when all of this suspicion was being cast on her and she knew it, it would have been a great time to address issues. I think people would have been sympathetic. Not all, but a lot more would have been on her team.

There was never going to be a time when Terri wasn't torn apart. She said nothing at two pressers, and look what happened to her.

Smart move to say nothing. LE must prove she's guilty. Not the internet.

There was never going to be a time when Terri wasn't torn apart. She said nothing at two pressers, and look what happened to her.

BBM. To the best of my knowledge, Terri's attorney has said nothing publicly, either. Mr. Houze has impeccable credentials and probably has a dream-team of investigators working feverishly on this case. We have yet to hear the other side of this story, and I feel certain that there is one ;) jmo

respectively snipped by me

I agree with the whole post but this particular holds a lot of weight with me, here is a true story:
My youngest once told his teacher my husband kicked him in the face and that explained the slight bruising on his forehead above his eye, His teacher knows us (I work in the school) doesn't fully believe this but asks my son again and he refuses to change the story. So now she believes him or at least that he believes what he is saying.

My son reiterated this story many times to many people over the coarse of the day, they soon all believed what he was saying there was no way this kid was lying. Well the truth is my son wasn't lying my husband did kick him what my son left out was that his dad was climbing down a ladder and he ran over to the ladder calling my dh as he was happy to see him (we were just arriving home) it just so happened the top of his head was the exact height of my dh's next step down. it was an accident... My son never offered up that part of the story as no one asked him (he is a very literal kid) they focused on what he first claimed.

Imagine if he was giving a press conference on the actions of my dh we would have been hung for sure.. and he would have been telling the Truth the whole time. scares me....

otoh, your dh's explanation obviously was given at some point and believed, right?

I think that's what others are saying. There's no explanation being offered...no *other* side of the story coming out. I've only heard a handful of people close to TH say anything positive about her at all. And I don't think anyone's even tried to offer an alternative explanation. Her friends and family aren't screaming about the school or an abductor. Even her own parents haven't said she's innocent or why.

Her lawyer, who's known for pr hasn't come out with any kind of statement of her innocence. And I posted an article a while back from people familiar with him and his cases about the circumstances under which he is known to keep a low profile -- i.e. when they're strong evidence indicating that his client is, in fact, guilty. So far, the only thing I've heard him say is that he will vigorously defend the case (which kinda goes w/o saying) and that this is a witchhunt. I perceive that as setting up his motion for change of venue when and if it comes to that. Not a proclamation of innocence. jmoo.

Smart move if she's guilty, imo. Otherwise, it's not workin' out so well for her. jmoo

if she is innocent, it is also a smart move.

I don't know why you think that. Obviously it's your opinion, although stated as fact. My opinion is based on the fact that she's now perceived as guilty by practically everyone familiar with the case or not, and appears to be the primary, if not sole, focus of the criminal investigation. Imo, her silence is, therefore, not working out so well.

I don't know why you think that. Obviously it's your opinion, although stated as fact. My opinion is based on the fact that she's now perceived as guilty by practically everyone familiar with the case or not, and appears to be the primary, if not sole, focus of the criminal investigation. Imo, her silence is, therefore, not working out so well.

i disagree with your post. Terri's silence is working well for her.

I agree with the above as well......BUT........why has she never ever protested her innocence?????? honestly she could have that much media attention if she wanted it......the other party....mostly Kaine............are taking every opportunity in the media to point the finger at her.........if she is innocent she should be screaming it out to the world as she would have nothing to hide or be investigated about..........IF she is innocent she is her own worst enemy keeping quiet.....I would be on every chat show and demanding my name be cleared!!!!

You bring up and excellent point! Why isn't she claiming her innocence????

i disagree with your post. Terri's silence is working well for her.

If she's guilty of Kyron's kidnapping and they have enough evidence against her it won't matter if she never says another word the rest of her life; they could convict her anyway.

IF they arrest her I'm pretty sure they'll have the evidence to convict. She doesn't live in a vacuum and there are numerous witnesses already that could potentially be subpoenaed.

Not talking doesn't equate to a non-guilty verdict by default.

BBM. This is how I see it too. Manipulative people are cunning and know who they can use and take advantage of. Just MOO on the feel I get for TH so far. I could see TH calling DD and making some excuse for her to runs some errands for her. It's only after that DD realizes what she did. Now she's scared and still loyal to her friend. Still not believing her friend could have tricked her and done what people are saying her friend did. She also doesn't want to get her friend into trouble. TH may have told her to not tell anyone she asked DD to do her a favor. TH evidently has no problem asking people not to talk to others. No one likes to admit they were used. Maybe DD will eventually see TH for what she really is. The longer this goes on, the harder it will be for her to be upfront, IMO.

DD's father is a sheriff deputy in another county. Hopefully he's spent some time with her and has impressed upon her the need to be absolutely truthful with the authorities, despite any loyalty she might have to her friend, TH. In this case, truth trumps any friendship.

What DD knows may only be something she might think is insignificant..........like she met TH at such and such a time on June 4th and babysat with the baby while TH ran an errand. But that information that DD might think is insignificant may be a key factor. Lets just say, and this is just speculation on my part, that's all DD has to offer about the events of June 4th. It opens up a whole new layer of questions, like why did TH omit the fact that she had someone babysit with the baby for a given period of time?

BBM. To the best of my knowledge, Terri's attorney has said nothing publicly, either. Mr. Houze has impeccable credentials and probably has a dream-team of investigators working feverishly on this case. We have yet to hear the other side of this story, and I feel certain that there is one ;) jmo

I believe for the defendant who has an lawyer there's the other side of the story; not necessarily a good one.

One defense lawyer claimed a client's fibers from old afghan yarns had blown out of a locked cedar chest, out the client's front door and then carried 130+ miles on the wind and so happened to land on a murdered/raped child's decomposing body. They actually have fiber fingerprint machine so that the fibers could not be denied.

as the saying goes. I believe that people attract people like them so it is totally believable to me that if TH is an (unususal person) then she will have attracted friendds that who would be willing to do evil things also...people bring out the best in some and some feed off the evil of others. my opinion.

praying for Kyron's safe return:angel:

But by the same token, sociopaths are attracted to people who are gullible and easy to manipulate. They look for people they can easily control/manipulate.

this goes without saying obviously..no judgment being passed here on anyone friends or married to TH. just saying sometimes when people get together alot of evil can come from the union..

Yes sometimes bad chemestry and sometimes bad people find each other like water seeks it's own level.

so you are saying that a person who marries an abuser is just as guilty as the abuser? I'm talking about people in general.

I don't buy that.

No, I wasn't saying that at all. I was responding to another post who said that nutty folks attract other nutty folks. I was simply pointing out that if that theory was true then does that make KH nutty because he was attracted to TH, and if he is then does it make DY nutty because she was attracted to KH? Of course the answer would be no, so why automatically assume her friends are nutty if we aren't going to assume her husband is?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back