Sources: Casey Anthony Intentionally Killed Caylee

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have SO many incriminating things looked up on my computer from this case. I would have to subpoena all of the regulars here to tell what we were looking up just so they would believe me. LOL
If I ever commit a henous crime and have over a month before it is known at all, I will physically destroy my computer, or at the least the hard disc. We all learn.

Actually it was originally named duck tape:
The first name for Duct Tape was DUCK. During World War II the U.S. Military needed a waterproof tape to keep the moisture out of ammunition cases. So, they enlisted the Johnson and Johnson Permacel Division to manufacture the tape. Because it was waterproof, everyone referred to it as “duck” tape (like water off a duck’s back). Military personnel discovered that the tape was good for lots more than keeping out water. They used it for Jeep repair, fixing stuff on their guns, strapping equipment to their clothing... the list is endless.

After the War, the housing industry was booming and someone discovered that the tape was great for joining the heating and air conditioning duct work. So, the color was changed from army green to the silvery color we are familiar with today and people started to refer to it as “duct tape*.” Therefore, either name is appropriate.

Today, Duck® brand Tape is manufactured by Henkel Consumer Adhesives.
http://www.ducttapeguys.com/duckvsduct.html

Gaff Tape (also Gaffer’s Tape): This special grade of duct tape (often colored black) was developed by the entertainment industry to hold lighting equipment and cables in place and has a dull finish so that it won’t reflect lights. Gaff Tape also has a specially formulated, less tacky adhesive that won’t leave a residue when it is removed.

Way cool. I LOVE that kind of trivia.

Thanks,

...and thanks for a break from the horror.

Okay - so what does today's 'Bombshell' news item actually tell us? IMO, very little that we didn't already know, or that we have more or less worked out ourselves, or that is pretty obvious anyway! Here's what I get from the article:

Sources close to the Casey Anthony case told Local 6 News on Thursday that they have overwhelming evidence showing that she intentionally killed her young daughter, Caylee, and was solely responsible for the toddler's death.

Firstly the 'source' is not identified, so that should at least raise some suspicion as to the validity of the claims. Secondly, it's not exactly surprising that these 'sources' are allegedly saying that they have this 'overwhelming' evidence that KC is guilty of premeditated murder - after all, that is what they charged her with way back in October so it's reasonable to assume that they at least believed they had this 'overwhelming' evidence at that time. With the possible DP sentence still very firmly in the frame when KC was charged, I dread to think that they were in fact 'sort of not quite sure' whether they believed their evidence to be overwhelming or not! However, believing that there is overwhelming evidence and actually proving it are two different things. Thirdly, despite the 'bombshell' tone of this article, it fails to disclose what this 'overwhelming evidence of premeditated murder' actually is! Let's have a look to check:

Anthony, 22, remains jailed on first-degree murder charges in her daughter's death. Caylee was 2 years old when she was reported missing in mid-July, a month after she had last been seen. Human remains discovered last month in a wooded area near Caylee's grandparents' home were identified as the missing girl.

Nope, it's not in that paragraph.

Sources also said investigators have now established a time frame of death that dates back to June, according to reports returned by forensic botanists and entomologists brought in to anaylize the terrain and insect growth where Caylee's remains were found. Sources said plants were growing through the skeleton and bug evidence was also recovered, both of which helped scientists reach their conclusion.

So, that paragraph tells us that forensic botanists and entomologists have helped to work out a time frame of death, but nothing about premeditation.

Orange County sheriff's detectives believe Anthony took actions that led to her daughter's death June 16, which corresponds to the June time frame of death, Local 6 News reported.

Investigators believe Anthony dumped Caylee's body around June 18 in the wooded area where the remains were found, sources said.

According to test results conducted on the trunk of Anthony's car by the Oakridge National Laboratory, the girl's body spent at least two days there before it was dumped, sources said.

A hair which showed signs of decomposition was also found in the trunk. Sources said the hair matches hair taken from Caylee's remains.

The above 4 paragraphs tell us that investigators believe that they have worked out the date of Caylee's death, when she was placed in the woods and that she spent at least 2 days in the trunk of KC's car, but again what it doesn't say is how this evidence shows that Caylee died as a result of a premeditated murder.

Sources said the time frame coupled with other evidence -- duct tape found over the mouth of Caylee's skull, high levels of chloroform detected in the trunk and cell phone pings from Anthony's phone that place her near the crime scene in mid-June -- points only to Anthony as the killer.

So, there was allegedly duct tape over the mouth (still not officially confirmed), and there seems to be a suggestion here that both the duct tape and the chloroform are connected to the cause/manner of death, and that this evidence, together with the fact that KC can be shown to have been in the Suburban Drive/Hopespring Drive area during mid-June somehow proves that KC is a 'killer'. But it doesn't tell us 'why' this evidence proves that KC killed Caylee, and there's still no link made to premeditation. IMO it's also strange that if the evidence about the duct tape and chloroform have allegedly helped to determine premeditation (as is implied) that it didn't also help the ME find a cause of death.

Sources said although a cause of Caylee's death may never be known, Anthony will be convicted based on extrememly strong evidence.

Strong evidence of what exactly?

Investigators who initially thought that Caylee's death could have been an accident have changed their minds, sources said.

Well, we knew this already. The initial LE interviews with KC indicate that they thought it may have been an accident at first, but it's fairly obvious that they had already changed their views when they charged her with murder1.

Anthony on Thursday was required by a judge to attend a hearing that centered around autopsy photos of Caylee. It was the first time Anthony had been seen in months.

So, what's new? IMO this article is just a cleverly worded piece of non-news. If this is actually all they have learned, they could have got their 'news' from the many theory and time line threads right here on WS!

So your theory is that a fight between CA and KC produced a rage by KC that killed Klee? How do you explain GA seeing both KC and Klee leaving together on the morning of June 16, presumably not in a rage, but acting rather normal, like always? And your theory does not explain the duct tape, the internet searches for Cloroform, the possible receipts for the purchase of cloroform, the traces of cloroform in the trunk, searhes on missing children, etc. It's a theory that hasn't really been thought through carefully.
But as we are not 100% sure of anything (like who was the person conducting the searches), it is what it is...a theory...and valid because it could very well be what happened...or possibly precipitated what ultimately happened. We don't know.

Originally Posted by TURBOTHINK
I have SO many incriminating things looked up on my computer from this case. I would have to subpoena all of the regulars here to tell what we were looking up just so they would believe me. LOL
Turbo who?! LMAO

Maybe GA didn't see her leave that day at all? Fairest interpretation being that after a month he was mistaken and just describing what a typical day was?

I always felt there were a number of things which made that story unbelievable to me:

1. Such a complete description of all of the clothing down to the shoes and sunglasses. Men are not that observant.

2. His TV appearance where CA had her hand on his leg and when he said what he was watching he said news, and then changed real quickly to "his favorite cooking show" after CA said something

3. Small children WILL NOT stay in their bedroom until 1:00 unless she had her sedated then too. From his description they came out of the room and left.

4. Small children get up early and want breakfast IMMEDIATELY if not sooner.

5. He tried to pass it off way too much as "any other day."

With the duct tape - I said on the NG thread - could be a rag or sock stuck in her mouth with the duct tape - OR Caylee could have been breathing hard, or labored - and instead of Casey having to listen to it, duct ape on the mouth so she was silent - just a thought

What a terrible thing

Maybe not - Rigor sets up and then relaxes but many infant and child corpses will not exhibit perceptible rigor mortis. This decreased perceptible stiffness may be due to their smaller muscle mass. Another thing is rigor can be "broken" by just moving the joints. It is not really so stiff they can't be moved.

:nerves: oh, the simple thought of that breaks my heart!

Unfortunatly I have had the misfortune of handling the body of a little girl Caylee's age at 1, 2, and 3 days after she died.

It was amazing to me how "normal" her body felt. She felt that same in my arms on those days and she did when I would pick her up when she was sleeping.

She was not at all stiff.

I helped her mother dress her for her visitation and then helped get her changed into the sweetest, softest little jammies for her eternal rest.

From my experience Rigor is not an issue. I do not however know if this has anything to do with her body being embalmed.

Sedation fits - I'm going to listen to his FBI interview and what he said to LE and his transcript - I'm really curious as to what Caylee was doing - if she was carried, asleep, etc. So it's the 16th - she very well could have been killed that morning - carried out of the house, put in the car seat - Casey leaves, puts Caylee in a bag and in the trunk - that would mean Caylee was in the trunk, in the bag, dead when Casey was out cuddling with Tony, renting a movie and doing the nasty - NOW THAT IS SICK!

I feel bad for Tony - he was sleeping with a murderer!

I always felt there were a number of things which made that story unbelievable to me:

1. Such a complete description of all of the clothing down to the shoes and sunglasses. Men are not that observant.

2. His TV appearance where CA had her hand on his leg and when he said what he was watching he said news, and then changed real quickly to "his favorite cooking show" after CA said something

3. Small children WILL NOT stay in their bedroom until 1:00 unless she had her sedated them too. From his description they came out of the room and left.

4. Small children get up early and want breakfast IMMEDIATELY if not sooner.

5. He tried to pass it off way too much as "any other day."

Rigor doesn't last over a long period of time. You can google it and find out more. It is rather involved to get into here.

Unfortunatly I have had the misfortune of handling the body of a little girl Caylee's age at 1, 2, and 3 days after she died.

It was amazing to me how "normal" her body felt. She felt that same in my arms on those days and she did when I would pick her up when she was sleeping.

I helped her mother dress her for her visitation and then helped get her changed into the sweetest, softest little jammies for her eternal rest.

From my experience Rigor is not an issue. I do not however know if this has anything to do with her body being embalmed.

Oh My, I can't even imagine..Bless you!

I am a nurse that works on a cardiac floor. I have many times had to handle people who have passed. It is the worst part of my job and I can not even describe to you how someone feels so different than they feel when they are alive. I must tell you that these have all been people 40+.

I hate to even think about it but
What if she put the tape over the mouth to keep the child from screaming?
Since we really don't know the actual cause of death,who knows what terrible things may have been done to Caylee before she died

So your theory is that a fight between CA and KC produced a rage by KC that killed Klee? How do you explain GA seeing both KC and Klee leaving together on the morning of June 16, presumably not in a rage, but acting rather normal, like always? And your theory does not explain the duct tape, the internet searches for Cloroform, the possible receipts for the purchase of cloroform, the traces of cloroform in the trunk, searhes on missing children, etc.

Number 1. It is Caylee
Number 2. I have given up explanations for ALL those other things in varying posts in this thread. - Duct tape and internet searches - I think you will find them on this very page or the one before.
Number 3. It isnt necessary that a rage attack would happen immediately following a fight with her mother. Caylee could have been throwing a tantrum the next day and Casey still boiling from Cindy took her anger out on Caylee.
Number 4. I take it your post was edited ? so I wont reply to that last bit

I know. I'm so sorry.

Nothing I heard tonight ,regarding the latest information released, answers the question regarding the decomp that the dogs hit on in the backyard.

Did she kill her there or move her there prior to putting her in the car? Inquiring Cats want to know! Any thoughts????:waitasec:

Im weeping now
And all this info just before I go to bed
Please no one gloat over the fact that *you*were right about it being intentional and those of us that tried to hold onto some kind of humanity that Casey accidentally killed Caylee now have egg on our faces
Please do not gloat
A little girl , a beautiful little girl is dead.
Right now a Mother and Father have lost not only their granddaughter but also their daughter.
It just isnt the time to gloat

A very sad Jane :(

Well said, Jane. I've always leaned toward intentional, because I thought the evidence pointed that way, but I really was hoping to be proved wrong, not right come trial...I still would not have agreed with Casey's actions after the fact, but at least it would have been not quite as awful and tragic for this family.

AWWWWW...This made me cry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member