South Africa - Anni Dewani, 28, shot to death, Gugulethu, 13 Nov 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering about Anni's surname too, I doubted there would have been time to legally change it prior to the honeymoon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Damn! Stiffing a hit man usually gets you dead I would think!

moo no experience LOL

Did you read the accusation that Diwali misrepresented himself as a travel consultant to only pay something like 1/10 the normal rate for their safari trip? Reminds me of that great line from The Lady Eve- "A mug is a mug in everything".
I can believe he tried to stiff them.

Did you read the accusation that Diwali misrepresented himself as a travel consultant to only pay something like 1/10 the normal rate for their safari trip?

No, I haven't seen that. Are you sure that it wasn't just a 10% discount? I used to work in the travel trade, and we were routinely given 10% off trips etc, as most companies paid commission to travel agents.

Omg how could not catch that before marriage. Did u not do any basic fact checking

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Great question! Here's the scoop...

1. This was long before the internet and the easy background checks.

2. He had all the supporting documentation, including perusal letters from men he served with (did NOT serve with) in VietNam.

3. I grew up in a world where people essentially told the truth. It would never have occurred to me in a million years that people would lie like that.

Color me VERY naive. In that regard, the previous "me" reminds me a lot of the current Masipa (if, indeed she feel for any of OP's lying act.)

I wish I could find the source but it's a no brainer. i

It's SO easy to connect with people these days anonymously through relationship sites where people identify their sexual preferences. A gay Indian man reached out to a lesbian Indian woman and they got married. It solved everything.

Great question! Here's the scoop...

1. This was long before the internet and the easy background checks.

2. He had all the supporting documentation, including perusal letters from men he served with (did NOT serve with) in VietNam.

3. I grew up in a world where people essentially told the truth. It would never have occurred to me in a million years that people would lie like that.

Color me VERY naive. In that regard, the previous "me" reminds me a lot of the current Masipa (if, indeed she feel for any of OP's lying act.)
If I may, I believe you might be being too hard on yourself. These types are master manipulators - it's who they are and what they do. And, in my experience, very often they specifically target people who are somehow vulnerable as it makes for easier prey. This vulnerability could be age; or a recent loss of a loved one, or even something so benign as becoming recently unemployed. They search out some perceived weakness, quite deliberately, and use it against you. In a word, they're predators and anyone, at anytime, could find themselves unwittingly, inexorably wrapped up with one - as has been the case even for some mental health professionals.

Just had to add my two pence. No offense to anyone intended, but after years of volunteering and speaking out on intimate partner violence (lying is a key feature ;)) the 'How could you not have known better?' rubs me wrong.

I wish I could find the source but it's a no brainer. i

It's SO easy to connect with people these days anonymously through relationship sites where people identify their sexual preferences. A gay Indian man reached out to a lesbian Indian woman and they got married. It solved everything.

I said something similar yesterday! Not that I've read about any incidences of this, but it surely wouldn't have been difficult nowadays, as you say.

No, I haven't seen that. Are you sure that it wasn't just a 10% discount? I used to work in the travel trade, and we were routinely given 10% off trips etc, as most companies paid commission to travel agents.

Apparently, his stay should have cost R36,000 and he got it for R3,000 by saying that he had a travel company & would review the place. The owner of the resort considered bringing criminal charges against him. (Can't swear that's true, but I read that somewhere).

Hi guys,

Newbie here,

Been lurking in the background since the Oscar Trial :lurk: and since you guys are on the Dewani trail, I have decided to join in and give my own opinions and personal experience of living in South Africa for about 30 years:

1. R15000 may seem a paltry sum of money for a murder to people overseas, but with a high unemployment rate and people desperate for money here, anything is possible. Jobless people need money to buy food, or alcohol, or worse... drugs.

2. R15000 is a lot of money to carry around, check the cost of living in SA: http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=South+Africa
I only need around R500 for a good night out with a friend.
R300 spent properly, can feed you generously for a week.
Besides, Most South African restaurants, garages, stores, shop, travel agencies etc. Yes, even some helicopter pilots have card machines. You can even pay by EFT for helicopter rides, the pilots prefer you to book beforehand.
People don't like carrying huge loads of cash here in SA, makes you a BIG target.

3. It is very well know that most townships, squatter camps (shanty towns) and city slums have more potential to be dangerous at night. It is common knowledge to avoid such areas at night, even taxi drivers know this. Also, try to walk into a Taxi parkade in the middle of the night... you will mostly likely get shot! Why? Read point 4.

4. Taxi drivers have a notorious reputation in SA, ever heard of Taxi Wars? Please read, it will give some insight :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxi_wars_in_South_Africa Though Tongo did not drive the common minibus, he is a Taxi driver and must belong to an association or union... with contacts in the underworld. MOO

5. SD behavior after Anni murder is disturbing and to me, very damning! One does not check out his fetishes a few hours after Anni death.

There are other points I like to raise, but I tired right now and my brain is kinda dead... :eek:fftobed:

Unlike the Oscar Trial where there were two distinct camps, it is pretty much one-sided against Dewani here in SA, thanks to the media and Dewani taking his sweet time coming here.

Phew, quite a bit for a first post. Had to Log in again to post it!

hi guys,

newbie here,

been lurking in the background since the oscar trial :lurk: And since you guys are on the dewani trail, i have decided to join in and give my own opinions and personal experience of living in south africa for about 30 years:

1. R15000 may seem a paltry sum of money for a murder to people overseas, but with a high unemployment rate and people desperate for money here, anything is possible. Jobless people need money to buy food, or alcohol, or worse... Drugs.

2. R15000 is a lot of money to carry around, check the cost of living in sa: http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=south+africa
i only need around r500 for a good night out with a friend.
R300 spent properly, can feed you generously for a week.
Besides, most south african restaurants, garages, stores, shop, travel agencies etc. Yes, even some helicopter pilots have card machines. You can even pay by eft for helicopter rides, the pilots prefer you to book beforehand.
People don't like carrying huge loads of cash here in sa, makes you a big target.

3. It is very well know that most townships, squatter camps (shanty towns) and city slums have more potential to be dangerous at night. It is common knowledge to avoid such areas at night, even taxi drivers know this. Also, try to walk into a taxi parkade in the middle of the night... You will mostly likely get shot! Why? Read point 4.

4. Taxi drivers have a notorious reputation in sa, ever heard of taxi wars? Please read, it will give some insight :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/taxi_wars_in_south_africa though tongo did not drive the common minibus, he is a taxi driver and must belong to an association or union... With contacts in the underworld. Moo

5. Sd behavior after anni murder is disturbing and to me, very damning! One does not check out his fetishes a few hours after anni death.

There are other points i like to raise, but i tired right now and my brain is kinda dead... :eek:fftobed:

Unlike the oscar trial where there were two distinct camps, it is pretty much one-sided against dewani here in sa, thanks to the media and dewani taking his sweet time coming here.

Phew, quite a bit for a first post. Had to log in again to post it!

welcome darkzombie!!! :welcome:

Hi and :welcome: DarkZombie,

Great to have you here and excellent first post! It certainly puts things into perspective having someone with firsthand knowledge about SA and problems like unemployment and gang warfare which could easily attract these men to commit murder for seemingly meagre amounts of money. Who knew about the taxi wars, I certainly didn't. From your link it says they have a mafia-like tactics which includes the hiring of hit men. There it is, for all to see. :)

I'm thinking that Dewani found this out back in the UK from one of his acquaintances in the BDSM crowd, and was confident enough to approach a taxi driver, a complete stranger in another land, and offer a large sum of money for a hit on his wife. This is the stumbling block that most people find hard to imagine could have happened, but thanks to you, I can definitely imagine this happening.

Imo, Dewani is guilty without a doubt, and this trial will prove it. I hope he gets put away for a long time, he is a despicable human being and deserves nothing less. I wonder though, how many 'stomach upsets' and 'fainting spells' he's going to pull and how J Traverso will handle it. This is going to be very interesting. JMO

:jail: for Dewani!

:welcome6: Dark Zombie.

The more the merrier. It's a shame more people aren't following this trial. It took a bit of getting used to not having sound or audio but you get used to it after a while, sort of.

Thank you for your most interesting post.

When you sign in, tick the little "Remember Me" box under your login name and you won't keep dropping out.

Is anyone else seeing posts framed by a thin yellow border??

Is it any weirder for someone to fly into SA and immediately ask a taxi driver to find someone to kill his wife than, at least it used to be, to fly into Thailand and immediately ask a taxi driver where you can find a 7 year old child to have sex with?

I saw the latter in a hidden camera video. Boom, the guy hopped in the cab and asked .before he had even shut he door

In the US and many other cities globally the first thing certain ask taxi drivers is where they can find hookers (prostitutes).

Cab drivers are the concierges of the underbelly of most big cities, are they not?

There really are a lot of the usual WS folks MIA for this trial.

Is that because it's not being televised?

Also, are there ever trials where just audio allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia