***SPOILER ALERT*** Imperfect Justice by Jeff Ashton - CONTENT DISCUSSION

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She told the prosecution the molestation lies?? I'm confused.

sorry if unclear. OCA didn't cry when talking to the therapists before trial, did at same molestation lies during trial.

eek. on day 3 the jury was already asking about when they could go home.

thinks it possible that so many witnessess relating all of OCA's lies at some point have caused the jurors to go numb on lies and to tune out their significance.

I can't believe all the negatives comments I have read under some on the news articles. Some people actually blame Mr. Ashton for monking the case up.

Makes me so mad. :burn:

Don't worry about them. Most of those people wouldn't know the first thing about this case.

Lee- considered him a "somewhat" hostile witness before he testified. JA et al were surprised by his attitude on the stand.

hmm. says PT didn't want to call JB on some of his shannigans (condensing here and paraphrasing) because they didn't want to hand over a postconviction incompetence claim.

part of what they passed up, based on this, was using JB's missteps to get OCA's criminal past admitted.

<modsnip>

FL law precluded Ashton from making Caylee front and center every day of that trial , and for you to suggest that Caylee wasn't front and center for Ashton is as false as it is dispicable.

<modsnip>

eek. on day 3 the jury was already asking about when they could go home.

Wow. That is just...the entire jury was coldhearted and didn't give a carp and this proves it. Just Wow and I am so furious! :furious:

She told the prosecution the molestation lies?? I'm confused.

No. Ashton made the point that when she told the two therapist that she was molested, she never creid, she was angry.

As compared to when this came up in court, she cried.

He said she was well prepped.

the nuclear lie...

1. OCA implies that she slept so soundly June 16AM, she must have been drugged by George.

Drugged by George? Was that because he knew he was going to get up in the morning and drown Caylee .... for no apparent reason?
Shame she didn't throw her usual half-truth in there and SAY it was chloroform.

After reading about the lies she told about her father.I realize she is not afraid of us the public but very afraid of what her father will do to her.

O/T I hate her more then I did.

This is NOT a free-for-all open discussion thread. It is limited to discussion of Ashton's book.

If you have not read the Opening Post with the Mod Note, I suggest you do so and "thank" that post before I get home and start issuing TOs.

I am trusting you guys to do the right thing here and use some restraint. DO NOT QUOTE AND RESPOND to offending OT posts.

OUT. OF. PATIENCE.

Wow. That is just...the entire jury was coldhearted and didn't give a carp and this proves it. Just Wow and I am so furious! :furious:

That's why I say that there is literally nothing the state could have done differently. This particular jury was NEVER EVER going to convict Casey no matter what was presented. And as Jeff stated they lost this case before it ever started.

Body slam against JB's use and abuse of Kronk's depo.

JB feeding it to media, knowing it couldn't be used in court but could be to taint jury pool.. calls it disgusting, one of the worst abuses of system he has ever seen.

Why wouldn't a depo be allowed to be used in court? What am I missing?

<modsnip>

I've just finished, not read through the thread yet since my last post...what to say ... :sigh:

It brought it all back again....if anyone, like me, was worried he'd talk much about the day of the verdict he really doesnt after the prologue (which was enough to bring it all back for me and I spent the rest of the day nauseated)

I managed to not cry til I got to the pics, and for some reason the one of the crime scene showing a lady (I dont know which) sifting through the dirt for caylee's lil bones did me in. of course I already knew about this and have seen other pics before and they always get to me, how very much they cared about a little girl they never knew in life yet spent days & days sifting in dirt for all of her tiny bones.

the next thing that got me was how very human mr ashton is. certainly I knew he was but it's so clear in his story, his caring for caylee, his disgust for OCA, his stuggle to control his feelings so he could do justice to his job, for caylee.

I got a few chortles, with ashton saying things I (and we) have thought & sad, we thought WE were maddened by baez, at least we werent (technically) the opposing team.

I was very, very surprised by mr cheney mason attemping to strike a plea deal to which OCA would have NO part of.

mason has more sense than even I gave him credit for (I did always assume he was the brains...what little there were):

1. OCA is bat***** insane, apparently when mason would try to talk to her about a plea deal she'd either stare blankly or act like he wasnt even there (cuckoo! cuckoo!) which made me unexpectedly sympathetic to mason 3. this prolly means OCA is torturing her "dream team" for not believeing in her, cause after all, she "won" and they never thought she would. 4 that's karma IMO

also, the contents of the psych's depos? OCA told a few different stories to them, further proving to me, as it did to the SA, that she just polished up one lie after another all the livelong day.

I guess in general I am again depressed because I feel almost as bad as I did on the 5th of july.....and in a way worse because I truly feel this jury created a monster if OCA wasnt one already....which I think she was....and I think the dream team is paying for it now....I feel more than ever it isnt IF she reoffends, it is when and please dont let it be a baby next time...

oh and ashton does everything but come right out and call this jury a passel of morons. clearly he thinks so too but he isnt QUITE so blunt.

chapter 14 is the duct tape chapter, and why JA sought the death penalty after discovering Caylee's duct-taped remains in the trash heap.

1st criticism i have of his account- understates the importance of the error of removing the tape from Caylee's skull before photos were taken.

:waitasec:
Was it JA and LDB OR their boss State Attorney Lawson Lamar who had the final say in seeking the Death Penalty

Rushed home to see if my book arrived and it didn't.

:tears::tears::tears::tears:

I will keep reading here. Thanks everyone again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back