***SPOILER ALERT*** Imperfect Justice by Jeff Ashton - CONTENT DISCUSSION

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I received my book in the mail yesterday from SyraKelly thru the WS Book Club forum - sharing is SO nice!!! As soon as I got it - I started reading!! :woohoo:

Anyone who can't afford it or your library doesn't have a copy, like mine doesn't!! Please go here:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

And remember - you can go to your library and get an interlibrary transfer for FREE!!!!!!!! Just go to one of the sites e.g. amazon - and get the ISBN etc and you can obtain for free!

Ok...I'm sure this must have been discussed, but with the thread being this long it may be near impossible to check...but did we know that there had been an area that was 5 inches deep and twelve inches long found dug out behind the Anthony's house? I remember the "disturbed soil" being brought up...but I hadn't realized it was this large.
Also, JA mentions that it was Jose who first appeared in Court for Casey? What about that lady public defender? Maybe he was confused?

RR - no, it wasn't discussed, as I just read about this (2nd bold) and haven't seen it mentioned on here. I was going to post exactly that earlier, but you beat me to it!! :seeya:

And remember - you can go to your library and get an interlibrary transfer for FREE!!!!!!!! Just go to one of the sites e.g. amazon - and get the ISBN etc and you can obtain for free!

I did check with my library first, but alas, they weren't carrying this book. I tried to get another book transfered to my library, and it cost me $3... so I didn't try again!

Ok...I'm sure this must have been discussed, but with the thread being this long it may be near impossible to check...but did we know that there had been an area that was 5 inches deep and twelve inches long found dug out behind the Anthony's house? I remember the "disturbed soil" being brought up...but I hadn't realized it was this large.
Also, JA mentions that it was Jose who first appeared in Court for Casey? What about that lady public defender? Maybe he was confused?

Hi RR0004!! Yes we had discussed it... It was mentioned in this document on page 6:

(first paragraph)

http://blogs.discovery.com/files/18530237.pdf

A fact that stood out from the book:
I always wanted to know whether the spare tire cover still had the odor of decomposition when it was opened in the courtroom. JA mentions in his book that it did. Moreover, he states that the odor was also still strongly present in the cans.

Hi RR0004!! Yes we had discussed it... It was mentioned in this document on page 6:

(first paragraph)

A fact that stood out from the book:
I always wanted to know whether the spare tire cover still had the odor of decomposition when it was opened in the courtroom. JA mentions in his book that it did. Moreover, he states that the odor was also still strongly present in the cans.
oxoxoxx
Thanks...answered one of my questions...12 inches in width (no mention of length??)...wow!
Interesting that JA also made mention of the fact that the trunk had been vacuumed. JHO?

oxoxoxx
Thanks...answered one of my questions...12 inches in width (no mention of length??)...wow!
Interesting that JA also made mention of the fact that the trunk had been vacuumed. JHO?

Weird about the vacuuming because I was surprised when the tech for the state - was he another Rodrigues - that it hadn't and was actually quite "average" dirty for a car it's age.

Weird about the vacuuming because I was surprised when the tech for the state - was he another Rodrigues - that it hadn't and was actually quite "average" dirty for a car it's age.
I know!! I don't know if this is his opinion or what? I have to stop reading before bedtime. It's really disturbing my sleep...and then I wake up the next day fixing on the discrepancies. Don't get me wrong...the book is a fast (and easy) read...I am enjoying it...but wonder about some of the things he writes.

She is asked in this clip (below about 6 posts), from her satellite appearance if she wanted someone from the public defenders office to represent her - so at that point, she wasn't yet represented.

I don't think JA was confused about much :)

At the close of this week...:fireworks: ....Jeff's Ashton's Imperfect Justice ranks #4 in hardcopy non-fiction. Yay Jeff! :cheer:

Imperfect Justice is great reading. I love the way JA expresses his humor.
He reminds us of the entire cast of characters whose foibles I had a hint of,but am reminded by JA's simple additions. I'm on Chapter 19 & now that my Thank giving culinary duties are behind me, I can read with no interruptions. Nice to be able to chat here!:woohoo::great:

Tee Hee! Ultimately this Defense was NOT KUMBAYA!!!!!!!Tee Heeeee!

M favorite line in the book..paraphrasing- JB walks up to JA after the trail is all done and says-you are the toughest(swear word) I have ever been up against...and JA says something like- thats a short list,but I ll take that as a compliment..considering JB has only been a lawyer for 3 yrs! to funny!!!

oxoxoxx

http://www.wesh.com/r/18973853/detail.html
Vehicle reinspection: "A supplemental inspection of Casey Anthony's car was made in the forensics garage of the sheriff's office on Jan. 2 before the vehicle was moved to the evidence unit. The trunk was vacuumed, and the filter was submitted as evidence."

I have either not gotten that far in the book or it was missed on me - could this be what JA is talking about. We know CA didn't vacuum the car.

Vehicle reinspection: "A supplemental inspection of Casey Anthony's car was made in the forensics garage of the sheriff's office on Jan. 2 before the vehicle was moved to the evidence unit. The trunk was vacuumed, and the filter was submitted as evidence."

I have either not gotten that far in the book or it was missed on me - could this be what JA is talking about. We know CA didn't vacuum the car.

Oh thanks Vipate - that makes sense - I've been :waitasec:

JA mentions that even though the trunk had been vacuumed there was still dirt and a few strands of hair. I dog-eared the page and when I can bring myself off the couch (way too much college football today...lol), I'll get the book and cite the page number.

:twocents:

Yes vlpate. Appears there has been some confusion here. Reading back over the forensics report I note that the trunk was reported as dirty but was THEN vacuumed by forensics (to gather evidence).
Another thing has also caught my attention in the report. When the detectives arrived at the A's house with a search warrant, they requested that CA show them the clothes OCA was wearing quote 'when her granddaughter went missing'. CA immediately pulled the gray pants out of the closet in the bedroom and gave them the pair of black shoes. :waitasec: forgive me if I've missed something here but how did CA KNOW these were the clothes.OCA was wearing when Caylee 'went missing'?

:twocents:

Yes vlpate. Appears there has been some confusion here. Reading back over the forensics report I note that the trunk was reported as dirty but was THEN vacuumed by forensics (to gather evidence).
Another thing has also caught my attention in the report. When the detectives arrived at the A's house with a search warrant, they requested that CA show them the clothes OCA was wearing quote 'when her granddaughter went missing'. CA immediately pulled the gray pants out of the closet in the bedroom and gave them the pair of black shoes. :waitasec: forgive me if I've missed something here but how did CA KNOW these were the clothes.OCA was wearing when Caylee 'went missing'?

That sounds like the ones she removed from the car....

That sounds like the ones she removed from the car....

That's right lg. IMO one of three things has happened here:
A. The report is wrongly worded,
B. CA assumed they were asking for the clothes she had removed from the car rather than what they actually asked her ie for the clothes OCA 'was wearing when (Caylee) went missing', or
C. CA slipped up by giving them exactly what they had asked for - 'the clothes OCA was wearing' when Caylee went missing. If that's the case, my question is, how did she know that (or even assume it) if all she had done was remove them from the car?

That's right lg. IMO one of three things has happened here:
A. The report is wrongly worded,
B. CA assumed they were asking for the clothes she had removed from the car rather than what they actually asked her ie for the clothes OCA 'was wearing when (Caylee) went missing', or
C. CA slipped up by giving them exactly what they had asked for - 'the clothes OCA was wearing' when Caylee went missing. If that's the case, my question is, how did she know that (or even assume it) if all she had done was remove them from the car?

Because she automatically assumes she knows the right answer to everything?:crazy:

Whoa! I thought we all agreed Casey hadn't dug anything...we know she didn't with Brian Burner's shovel because she returned it to him clean...was there another shovel we don't know about? Wow. And this never made it into the trial either! What the heck?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smfranklin96
Back