Stacy Ann Peterson, Bolingbrook IL #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stacy Peterson's sister has hired a Washington, DC lawyer who has come to Chicago to meet with her.

Attorney Kevin McCants says he was contacted about the same time the FBI got involved in the investigation. His office is next door to the agency.
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=5837671

Sister says she trusts the police, but when the attorney says he is there to make sure evidence is preserved it makes me wonder if the attorney is there to make sure someone is watching the police. Maybe to make sure the case doesn't just get put away unsolved.

I hope someone watches the investigation. It seems like the BPD has closed their eyes to many things through the years and left at least 2 of DP's wives feeling very much unprotected. What a sicko that man is.

Stacy Peterson's sister has hired a Washington, DC lawyer who has come to Chicago to meet with her.

Attorney Kevin McCants says he was contacted about the same time the FBI got involved in the investigation. His office is next door to the agency.
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=5837671

Sister says she trusts the police, but when the attorney says he is there to make sure evidence is preserved it makes me wonder if the attorney is there to make sure someone is watching the police. Maybe to make sure the case doesn't just get put away unsolved.

Could there be another reason for her hiring an attorney? That is a valid one Myster. I also think that this sister knows EVERYTHING that Staci knew or thought regarding Kathy Savio's death. I think as sisters their relationship was so close that they knew EVERYTHING the other was thinking about EVERYTHING. Remember, that when Stacy started dating Drew he was still married to KS. Stacy knew that. What else she and Drew shared about his marriage to KS could very well be known by her sister. We never put down a victim on websleuths and I don't want to do that. If, however, Stacy were (is) still alive, she might well be under a cloud of suspicion for the death of KS herself. I am not saying she was involved.

I hope someone watches the investigation. It seems like the BPD has closed their eyes to many things through the years and left at least 2 of DP's wives feeling very much unprotected. What a sicko that man is.

This whole thing with Drew Peterson has to make most law enforcement agencies around the country cringe with embarrassment. It's one thing to rally around and protect your own in benign sorts of ways. It's totally another thing to simply look askance, close your eyes, and ignore the obvious while a man hired to uphold and enforce the law has made a mockery of it for so long. Those 18 calls to LE from Kathleen which didn't result in Drew's arrest are really glaring. 18????????? One or two could be explained, but 18????

Then, because of her death, it appears that they didn't begin to look at it seriously....they really should have recused themselves and turned it over to another agency. There are so many red flags to us amateur sleuths. This officer has issues beyond his marriage going clear back to the fiance - the chief had to get involved twice - and he was fired once but then rehired. My guess is there's a whole lot more.

So, Cassandra is right to be suspicious, but I'll bet the BB police chief now really wants to get this taken care of and to then clean house. Most LE agencies would not condone this kind of behavior. It taints agencies all over the country and just reinforces opinions that many already have. Sickening that this guy was able to do as he darn well pleased for so many years.

Calling all drug dealers: Please come forth with your tales of Drew Peterson. Did he rip you off? How much did that protection cost?

Could there be another reason for her hiring an attorney? That is a valid one Myster. I also think that this sister knows EVERYTHING that Staci knew or thought regarding Kathy Savio's death. I think as sisters their relationship was so close that they knew EVERYTHING the other was thinking about EVERYTHING. Remember, that when Stacy started dating Drew he was still married to KS. Stacy knew that. What else she and Drew shared about his marriage to KS could very well be known by her sister. We never put down a victim on websleuths and I don't want to do that. If, however, Stacy were (is) still alive, she might well be under a cloud of suspicion for the death of KS herself. I am not saying she was involved.

I question whether Cassandra knew. The reason I say that is that I believe that Stacy's family had questions about Drew from the beginning of the relationship. Pam Bosko stated that she felt right away that Drew had killed Kathleen. Because of those two things, Stacy most likely protected her husband. Haven't you ever known a woman whose choice of spouse was extremely disliked by the family members? In these situations, the woman will many times, hide anything ugly from her concerned family so as not to fan the flame and to avoid the "I told you so" feeling. Women in love overlook so much and then when things come to a head, finally begin confiding to close family members. If Stacy had been around long enough, she probably would have confided all to Cassandra about Drew, but I'm not sure she reached that point yet. Clearly, she had begun the process, but Kathleen's death was the big one. Just telling her pastor was a big burden shift and was probably the beginning of her confiding to others. She did tell Cassandra that she feared for her life, but I don't think she went further.

Good for Cassandra that she hired an attorney who will be making sure evidence is preserved. That will also give her access to the evidence if down the road she wants to bring a civil suit against Drew. This young women is doing all the right things. I am very impressed with Cassandra.

I think that there is a very good chance that Cassandra knows more then we think she does. She was on to Drew right from the get go..within hours ..so she had to know something very specific that would put her guard up like that with Drew.

Not just Stacy saying he was violent..it would go further then that. People who hardly knew her knew that much. Remember the fender bender in the parking lot with the counselor in June? She even told him her husband would be so angry about that incident. He even went to police with that info after she went missing.

The thing is that whatever Cassandra knows at this point is just hearsay. So that is why they are looking for real tangible evidence. And Cassandra needs that inorder to be able to testify to the type of person and threats Drew made to Stacy.

I question whether Cassandra knew. The reason I say that is that I believe that Stacy's family had questions about Drew from the beginning of the relationship. Pam Bosko stated that she felt right away that Drew had killed Kathleen. Because of those two things, Stacy most likely protected her husband. Haven't you ever known a woman whose choice of spouse was extremely disliked by the family members? In these situations, the woman will many times, hide anything ugly from her concerned family so as not to fan the flame and to avoid the "I told you so" feeling. Women in love overlook so much and then when things come to a head, finally begin confiding to close family members. If Stacy had been around long enough, she probably would have confided all to Cassandra about Drew, but I'm not sure she reached that point yet. Clearly, she had begun the process, but Kathleen's death was the big one. Just telling her pastor was a big burden shift and was probably the beginning of her confiding to others. She did tell Cassandra that she feared for her life, but I don't think she went further.

You are right, we just don't know. I think, if Stacy told Cass that Drew scared her by shooting the Glock from the Bedroom through the floor to the garage, she was pass the point of trying to make him look good to her sister. It does happen a lot though. It is one of the reasons that it is so hard for abused women to get support from their families when they try to get away. The families wonder why they never heard about this before!

This whole thing with Drew Peterson has to make most law enforcement agencies around the country cringe with embarrassment. It's one thing to rally around and protect your own in benign sorts of ways. It's totally another thing to simply look askance, close your eyes, and ignore the obvious while a man hired to uphold and enforce the law has made a mockery of it for so long. Those 18 calls to LE from Kathleen which didn't result in Drew's arrest are really glaring. 18????????? One or two could be explained, but 18????

Then, because of her death, it appears that they didn't begin to look at it seriously....they really should have recused themselves and turned it over to another agency. There are so many red flags to us amateur sleuths. This officer has issues beyond his marriage going clear back to the fiance - the chief had to get involved twice - and he was fired once but then rehired. My guess is there's a whole lot more.

So, Cassandra is right to be suspicious, but I'll bet the BB police chief now really wants to get this taken care of and to then clean house. Most LE agencies would not condone this kind of behavior. It taints agencies all over the country and just reinforces opinions that many already have. Sickening that this guy was able to do as he darn well pleased for so many years.

Calling all drug dealers: Please come forth with your tales of Drew Peterson. Did he rip you off? How much did that protection cost?

You would think so. But many times it doesn't. This all came up in the Crystal Brame investigation. The abuse and stalking was known in her husband's department. But nothing was done until after her death. Same thing with Ken Huber/Pamela Huber. And there are many other examples.

Law enforcement sometimes treat domestic violence crimes differently on the whole. Because the victim will sometimes be reluctant to press charges, they may actually offer protection to the abuser, they might even use DV as an excuse for retalitation. DV is a hard crime for LE to investigate. So sometimes they will look the other way or go easy on the suspect. (Watch COPS sometime) So when it happens to one of their own, knowing that it will affect the abuser's job, knowing that they themselves will have to pick up the workload- they sometimes find it easier to look the other way.

You are right, we just don't know. I think, if Stacy told Cass that Drew scared her by shooting the Glock from the Bedroom through the floor to the garage, she was pass the point of trying to make him look good to her sister. It does happen a lot though. It is one of the reasons that it is so hard for abused women to get support from their families when they try to get away. The families wonder why they never heard about this before!
You are right on! The last thing an abused spouse wants to do is turn the people and family she loves against the abuser. That is just too embarrassing and is the last thing one does before a breakup. The fact that Stacy was starting to confide about Drew shows how serious she was to end it. Unfortunately, Drew was never going to let anyone end it with divorce and child support and all that goes with it. He was going to make sure if Stacy did not want to be with him anymore, she was not going to be with anyone else. JMHO

I have been wondering if the fight that morning was precipitated by the fact that Stacy was going to be with Bruce - a man. If I understood correctly, Cassandra wasn't going to go. Maybe he got into a jealous rage. Here she was going to go off with a guy to "paint" (which in his mind means have wild sex, of course) and he was going to have to babysit. Plus the fact that they were on the phone with each other for 20 minutes or more.

It also makes you wonder if he put the body somewhere near Bruce's house (she's where she wants to be)...

Never thought of Bruce's since they describe him as Cassandra's friend.

You know maybe Drew didn't really use the bugs and listening devices the way we and the wives suspect. Certainly he could act like the jealous husband ...but maybe they were really there to make sure the wives didn't know about what he was up to ..not only with other women ..which would have mattered less to him if they knew, ..but making sure they didn't know and weren't discussing his shaking down drug dealers, shady business practices, murdering people who got in his way? Drew seems very parnoid about his family relations and keeping everyone in their box so to speak.
Why??? Because he wasn't worried about his ellicit affairs as much as the wives knowing about his criminal activity? Makes me wonder what else Kathleen and Stacy could have told us about Drew if they were here today.

I have been wondering if the fight that morning was precipitated by the fact that Stacy was going to be with Bruce - a man. If I understood correctly, Cassandra wasn't going to go. Maybe he got into a jealous rage. Here she was going to go off with a guy to "paint" (which in his mind means have wild sex, of course) and he was going to have to babysit. Plus the fact that they were on the phone with each other for 20 minutes or more.

It also makes you wonder if he put the body somewhere near Bruce's house (she's where she wants to be)...
I have thought this all along. He was pissed off she was going to meet Bruce and was jealous which probably did spark the fight.

That is why I keep asking about the Kennedy house. This is the place they were going to repaint because of her brother's recent incarceration. He was supposed to move in there and was arrested instead. The owner of the house asked LE to search the property...but I cannot find out if it was ever done. (Someone mentioned perhaps Stacy was planning on renting it instead, but I doubted that one. She was used to much nicer accomodations and knew she should have child support etc.)

Early on, Bruce was on camera and my impression of him was that he looked uncomfortable to the point he looked like he was hiding something. He was shifty and there was something else going on with him, imo.

Drew wouldn't have put her near Bruce's because IIRC, he lived with Cassandra as a roomate. (Could be wrong on this point, but someone posted it earlier.)

It was reported in the media and on Video that the property had been canvassed.

Does canvassed mean the entire property? The owner mentioned the house was checked, but wanted them to search the area around it.

Do you have a link to the video of Bruce? that's very interesting.
I have gone back in the first thread and it looks like it took place around 11-2, but haven't found the link to it yet. We were discussing it on the last page of the first thread tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces