State rests rebuttal case - thread #167

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boyohboy, who's she shooting daggers at?

Attachments

• Fullscreen capture 5113 115207 AM.jpg
    Fullscreen capture 5113 115207 AM.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 72
ashley ‏@ash08love 1m

@WildAboutTrial Travis Alexander had an abusive childhood, so he stood a great chance of being victimized by #JodiArias later in life right!

That is what I have been thinking for months. Unfortunately Travis chose what he was used to. Although no one could be as abusive as JA.

Personally, I would be less frightened of a bear than a tiger. I think the tiger could outrun me....

You can play dead with certain types of bears and have them walk away but that won't work with any tigers!

I happen to agree with the defense. I think the tiger/bear question does favor the defense. I didn't like the question when it was asked.

But the point that is missing is that the trauma DOES matter. The "triggering" event would change what "triggers" the anxiety and stress. If the trauma was a gun attack verses a knife attack what things that would trigger your memories of the attack would be different.
I agree with your point JSR; however the tiger/bear analogy is based on there really being a tiger that the subject mistakes for a bear. Here we have Jodi imagining she was attacked by a pretend tiger that later morphs into a pretend bear. Maybe later she will decide she was actually attacked by a minotaur. And the good doctors will still hold with it doesn't matter what attacked her, just that she believes something did? Apparently the answer is yes, that's all it takes.
:abduction:

I personally like that the Judge is FINALLY making them take a shorter lunch. She's FINALLY making the defense stay within a time frame. They need to get this case to the jury. They are going to start loosing jurors.

A day late and a dollar short. She should have done this a long time ago. :twocents:

Jurors have to be thinking, why did judge allow Wilmot another rebuttal if she did not think it important??

I still think this is a big mistake for judge.

Actually, I see these two witnesses as crucial. The juror's determination of who to believe will be the difference in "how would a normal person respond" to "how would a battered woman respond". I want ZERO excuses for murder1.

Me either. She isn't done trashing Dr. DeMarte, then she will supposedly use him to trash Dr. Horn. That could go until at least 5. Then JM's cross? Then jury questions, then follow-up? Even if they go late, I just don't see this ending today.

:notgood:

I agree. Jennifer will make sure it doesn't. Ideally Jennifer is going to want the jury to get the case on Monday instead of Friday.

The great side of the court :)

Attachments

• courtta.gif
    courtta.gif
    99.1 KB · Views: 108
  • courttb.gif
    courttb.gif
    113.5 KB · Views: 112
  • courttc.gif
    courttc.gif
    108.3 KB · Views: 107
  • courttd.gif
    courttd.gif
    109.1 KB · Views: 111
  • courtte.gif
    courtte.gif
    108.3 KB · Views: 102
Lunch break.

This is so tedious and misleading. Dr. Geffner is implying that tests were improperly administered or interpreted to come to a conclusion. Only problem is, the diagnosis only comes from meeting DSMV criteria, not test results. He has not interviewed JA or reviewed any collateral information, so he cannot make a diagnosis.

JW is deliberately misleading in her questions about PTSD; her questions imply that JA has PTSD from being in an abusive relationship, whereas Dr. Samuels said her PTSD came from the traumatic event of killing Travis hence the hippocampus going into overdrive et voila, no memory!

JA is showing her emotional IQ of 14 today...she started to giggle when Dr. Geffner belched on the stand and excused himself.

Mel she probably will leave Juan with 20 minutes to spare....which IMO is all he needs.

Do we have any idea who is doing the closing args for the Defense? Ughh, both are so terrible.

I heard both. :scared:

I thought he said he wasn't getting extra pay from the place he works...did I misunderstand that??

What was left out is that he gets paid by the state, most likely the $300/hr.

Another deliberate "misleading" statement by JW.

So I'm very busy at work today... But I did see Jodi just glare at Juan. I'm also saw Deanna with the family. :)

LOL. This guy is testifying "for free" and so he feels he can say stuff like that? JW should not allow any of her witnesses to say ANYTHING about padding the bill considering that she and KN have deliberately dragged this hearing out to keep their paychecks rolling in... they know they won't be hired after this.

HE is NOT testifying for FREE. That's another of Ms. Wilmotts little sneaks. She asked him if he was being paid by HIS COMPANY to testify today. He said know. I BET he is being paid by the defense and I hope Juan calls him on that. Hired gun indeed.:steamed::steamed:

I would love love love JM to ask so if someone said they had been attacked by a bear and instead they had actually killed a lion, does that change things?

Do you really think JSS is going to allow a head shrinker to contest the training and knowledge of an actual medical Doc ? Seems like apples and oranges to me, what sort of hippo could this be ?

That is what the word has been. I guess we shall see...

Demarte used it because of Jodi smiling for photos and other immature actions...so yes I have caught wilmot in various lies.

I know that JW was outright misleading in that line of questioning. I also feel confident that the jury remembers Dr D's reasoning for those tests, and that she did not use them the way JW and her flying mo....uh, witness are trying to say. If I remember (and I definitely get distracted from testimony), then they certainly will. moo

ps....I don't like Jodi and her nasty demeanor. I hope the jury is glancing over from time to time-her mask slips more often and for longer every day.

Jurors have to be thinking, why did judge allow Wilmot another rebuttal if her did not think it important??

I still think this is a big mistake for judge.

They might not know it's unusual though.
(Is it even unusual to have a surrebuttal? Help)

:snowman: It's snowing like crazy in Minneapolis right now.

I've been watching this trial for so long,,,,,,,,I think I missed Spring and Summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fascist Donald Pig Trump