State rests rebuttal case - thread #169

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a difficult time following this line of questioning. My brain is burnt out, been a long day of testimony.

:twocents::twocents::twocents: Okay, let's address the typo.

When I first read the post report, I was less than overwhelmed with it. It just wasn't what I've routinely read & participated in but it was complete. The format & style is different but I believe that is a regional thing. For me, dividing out the trauma conditions from the overall body conditions set the stage for misinterpretation if a superficial read was conducted (okay, like I did the first "run thru"!).
Reading the COD as determined by the post, I completely agreed but thought that differing terminology might be employed and had absolutely no issue with leaving out the GSW as a COD.
Following the internal examination details, the condition of the dura mater as it was written appeared to relate to the brain OTHER than the area of trauma (see, told ya it was a unique format & style!).
Yes, autopsy reports ARE prepared using "boilerplate" formats, yes, reading them or "proofing" them can sometimes become autonomous BUT admitting the error is critical to retaining one's credibility.

YES, JW & KN will try to "hang their hats" on this error BUT logic should prevail when one evaluates the entire body of scientific information.

:twocents::twocents: ALL MY OWN OPINION :twocents::twocents:

Ok, so I just carried the laptop in the bathroom with me to do my business. Anyone else this sick? lol! Please tell me that some of you guys are, so I don't feel sooo strange. My chihuahua even looked at me funny. lol

LOL NO! But I totally respect your (OCD?) dedication!

First good laugh I had all day! :floorlaugh:

Exactly. Except with the ME, he had an actual, legitimate reason to back up why its more reasonable to say its a typo. Unlike the other witnesses who have had mistakes.

Not only that but his testimony was that the bullet traveled through the frontal lobe of the brain and he stated this a few times.
The typo was the word (not) was missed in the typing in his report.
The bullet had not missed the frontal lobe of the brain.

A typo error is not grounds for an appeal. While the trial is still active it has been disclosed so there is nothing to appeal.

I think that is why JW DIDN'T ask about it specifically. So, it would be grounds for an appeal. If that's the case, many thanks to the juror for throwing it out there so it could be cleared up during trial.

I'm leaning towards down the rabbit hole take on all this. Taking an extra whole day, going long into the evening for the first time, dwelling solely on more of this psych stuff, is elevating the importance of this information way out of proportion.

She doesnt sound wary to me at all, but I live in Louisiana and am very use to the laid
back , slow manner of speech jmo

Wonder if a picture of the skull with the bullet entry point was ever entered into evidence. If so, might be a good idea for JM to show it to the jury during closing to reiterate that the bullet clearly pierced the skull and therefore had to also pierce the dura mater.

there were photos of the skull displayed earlier

I know everyone has PTSD from the Casey Anthony trial (& rightly so, I do too!!) but let's look at it from another direction. The Pinellas 12 have been vilified, both in the press & by the public (again, rightly so!!), EVERYONE knows they didn't deliberate, didn't ask questions, didn't ask to see evidence...basically didn't do crap. THIS jury knows that too. They do not want to be the Pinellas 12. I have faith they will be diligent in reviewing evidence, reviewing testimony, asking questions etc and because of that, they will arrive at the correct verdict. Guilty. Death penalty.

It does Linda. I think the jury is tired and their questions are concerning to me. Maybe they won't begin deliberations until Monday.
I say as long as the JURY gets into the Deliberation room we're going to get a Guilty Verdict. Just make sure 12 of them get in that room...

This is the first trial I've really watched since that one I will not discuss....and I'm coming into this one late, and like you I am terrified of another Pinellas 12...it's why I haven't gotten really emotionally involved. I have a knot in my stomach watching this and just hoping the jury sees what most of us seem to.

If you have a knot in your stomach, then you ARE emotionally involved. And I am right there with you with that last trial. I went thru it as well. And I have prayed to my God that we won't go thru that again. Let's hope that he hears us this time. Hugs.

THUD

There goes Geffner's dreck swirling the drain!

Evaluation needed along with tests, which he did not do.

I wonder if Jodi Arias has even the teensiest sense that there is something wrong with her perceptions about and interactions in the world? Just some tiny sense of thinking "hey maybe I really do have a personality disorder?"

I do not think so. She believes every disgusting thing she has ever done has been justified.

Boy ... IMO, it's too late in the day to have such a soft spoken, seemingly lacking in confidence witness.

I sure hope she's going to make her major points clearly and confidently so that the jury takes note.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member