State rests rebuttal case - thread #169

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on east coast time, and I'm starting to get some heavy lids over here.

The tests should be used as hypotheses. You don't walk in with your hypothesis already formed. Seems pretty clear to me.

I wonder if Jodi Arias has even the teensiest sense that there is something wrong with her perceptions about and interactions in the world? Just some tiny sense of thinking "hey maybe I really do have a personality disorder?"

Sadly, I don't think she does. She is completely sure she is center around which all things revolve. I don't think she is capable of wondering

FYI

A "typo" (typographical error) is:

The term includes errors due to mechanical failure or slips of the hand or finger, but excludes errors of ignorance, such as spelling errors. Most typos involve simple duplication, omission, transposition, or substitution of a small number of characters. Typographical error - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Folks all too often minimize and shrug off errors or mistakes as "typos".

His error was not a "typo".

That said, I hope that it is explained to the satisfaction of the jury.

Hayes and I went to the same college (ASU) she is from GA hence the accent :)

Dang. She is making some good points for JM!
They are cautioned AGAINST just looking at test results to reach diagnosis.
REQUIRED to do evaluation also!

if TSI was taken TSI 1 after TSI 2 out . . nothing wrong with taking old test .. nothing wrong with that . . many wait to see if the new test isas good as old test .. . many will wait to see if the new one is just as good.

TSI 1 used even if TSI 2 available ok - peer reviewed literature

when should we use these new tests if clinician wants to switch to new one (or not) that must be respected.

scored by hand
i am - i was raised on that one

requirement for people best course take is to have summary scales . . .
no
I am relying on 2 things - handscore . . .when I was trained national crime victims research and treatment . . . didn't have computer score on the handscore there is no spot to write scores and calculate it . . i contacted the pubisher and asked . . . they said .. .
objection . . .
part of research as expert . . in some cases you would in this case i did

whether or not summary scales are required . . . what did you learn about the requirement there be a summary be attached to scales.

i didn't learn anything new - i already

Psychological resources back called POL . . . terry Line representative from company

those are clinical scales . .
do you need have summary scales to know scales score?
no

go and look @ those and make assessment and determine what going on . . if you have 25 scales . . . but to have 3 summary scales .

famaliar with MMPI . . exhibit #631 - most common used test of pscyhopathology given by psycholgists

determination to diagnose with borderline personality disorder
it is helpful .. but other peieces of the puzzle . . no psychologist i know base diagnosis soleley on a test a forensic interview collateral information . .. all the data to point to certain direction to be fairly sure all your are saying is accurate

psychologist fits all the criteria all the time . . psychologist has to make a decision . . people are all different and we are not always consistent so no.

assesssment and diagnosis . . .a diagnosis is not going to rise and fall with results of a test

PDS, MMPI< MCMI . . .TSI . . i believe this person has PTSD or borderline . . what is required you do an evaluatoin - helpful to do an interview

hypothesis . . . confirm or deny other sources of information

MMPI 2 - administer this test . . .give them this test or any work done before administer test?
objection approach

All the panic over 1 typo is much ado about nothing.

Does 1 typo mean that it's okay to murder someone? No it does not. Because the M.E. made a typo that said the dura matter was not damaged (and it was) does that mean Travis was not murdered? No it does not. Testimony was clarified. Question got answered.

This jury was 'done' 6 weeks ago and they were ready to deliberate then.
I had to study brain anatomy and physiology to become a Speech Pathologist, and I have a Master's Degree. Anyone who knows anything about the brain knows that a gunshot wound (GSW) would have to pass through the Dura Mater (outer covering layer of the brain) and would therefore have to perforate it. Wilmott is stupid and just trying to trip him up to state otherwise... It was an extremely minor oversight on Dr. Horn's part. Should have absolutely no bearing.
And yes, I did also have to learn about the Hippocampus.

Garh! I missed Dr. Horn... have to watch HLN later unfortunately.

I really want to see this "error" he made. I agree, from what I gather, he had alot of injuries to document. Were human, minor errors are ok by me.

Copying a patients answers to another form imo is a huge error.

Oh ~ BTW ! GO JUAN GO ! :juanettes:

I haven't figured out what purpose this witness serves. She seems to be having trouble understanding the questions that JM is asking and doesn't know quite how to answer. :waitasec:

Why does JW no longer have to give a reason for an objection? Just, "objection..JUDGE MAY WE APPROACH?" Sorry if I am yelling, just tired of it.

Boy ... IMO, it's too late in the day to have such a soft spoken, seemingly lacking in confidence witness.

I sure hope she's going to make her major points clearly and confidently so that the jury takes note.

What? Lacking self confidence?

I sure haven't seen that since she has been testifying.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member