State rests rebuttal case - thread #169

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does JM realize that she has kept the jurors and rest of courtroom almost 1 1/2 hours LONGER than normal, so far?!?!?!

And they haven't had a dinner???

Seriously...I would be SO MAD if I were a juror about that, even though I was warned.

I get a very bad feeling about these questions. There is at least one juror who is solidly in the pro-defense camp. It's so easy for all of us out here to dismiss this fellow, but I am hearing that at least some jurors are believing him.

I would too if the defense told me a big fat lie.

Your client is on trial for murder, not for BPD. For God's sake, please let it go already.

How is it the defense gets to question Dr D again? Her questions have nothing to do with the jury questions, it's like she is doing a cross exam all over again.

Guys I need some clarification from those who saw all the questions as pro prosecution. Sorry but there were a few that left me wondering...

Wilmott is like a stubborn child asking questions that have already been ojbected to. It's her way or the highway. Can you imagine her as a toddler or a teenager?

I get a very bad feeling about these questions. There is at least one juror who is solidly in the pro-defense camp. It's so easy for all of us out here to dismiss this fellow, but I am hearing that at least some jurors are believing him.

Maybe Jodi willdo us a favor and have him kicked off next.

possible bullet trajectory changed . . yes
can you give us bullet trajectory - no

Dr. Demarte . . . i was informed by defensee counsel - when asked about summary scales she did not know it existing . . . not using it is one thing . . using against . . another thing . . .someone can chose to not use it .. . trying to diagnose borderline is not appropriate . .

not using MMPI - all those supplemental scales not supported by research . . .there are entire books written over many years

not gong to pay attention for a reason is one thing but . . not using information is a whole other . .. not trained in how to use

follow up
JW

you were asked about Dr. Samuels using DSM 4 . . . i didn't say that I assumed 3 . . .if he used DSM 4 instead of TR . . not as much a problem . . i may have misunderstood . . tr have major changes in PTSD . . no - didn't change criteria for PTSD

not likely . . . i would have to go back . . my recollection that didn't lead to major changes in diagnosis

PDS test as though there is a trauma - answer questions . . . PDS they suffered from a trauma but it turns out there is no trauma at all . . is that a problem for you - validity problems

it would create questions . . if no trauma what going on why trauma symptoms . . i don't have an answer but that is the question i would need to answer in order to dismiss that test..

different than someone answering about a trauma the trauma they had life threatened does it mattered if it is stranger or someone they knew?
it matters because you want accurate but stranger or someone they knew. .first what is particular event and 2nd why person listed something else

that person did caus that trauma we need to find out.

meet criteria for PTSD . . . Mcmi - TSI 2 . . . all consistent with anxiety and trauma . .

manipulate testss. . TSi tests 2 given by 2 differnt Mental health providers 1.5 years apart - similar elevations and 2 TSI tests. . .look @ validity scales . .. if elevated then not valid . .
with them valid and similar profiles over that period of time . .lend to accurate portrayal what is going on . . very hard to fake some way 1.5 years later

that partiuclar test referenced certain time period by Dr. Demarte . . .

all these tests - conducted over 2 year period . . 2009 to 2011 . .most recent test given nearly 2 years ago . . .furtherst test about 4 years ago . . .long before started trail....regardless when given pattern of consistency in all tests from 2009 - 2011 - makes more likely whatever is saying is correct and accurate and dealt iwth and diagnosed.

more support for workng hypothessis. . .

Borderline personality - Dr. Demarte reviewed and noted in report other factors . . meet pattern of criteria support borderline prior to traumatic event

based on what reported by Dr. Demarte . . appartently

still cant exclude
object
approach

Psst JA, don't forget what Det. Flores told you, "It's over, it's absolutely over."

This guy is so smarmy. Reminds me of a used car salesman.

I missed all of Juan questioning this witness, how did he do?

Why did you have him testify if it is not his expertise??

I think these are great questions. My interpretation is more like some of them are mocking the defense theories.

Why does juannot clarify that being rendered unconscious = incapacitated. This is so dumb that they talk as if in apacication must mean motor skills are destroyed. Your motor skills are useless if you are unconscious from trauma to head caused by vibration, bullet entering and exiting skull.

Even if one is not unconscious after being shot in the head, surely they would not be able to lunge at the shooter and yell profanities. There would have to be some stun factor from even a .25 caliber.

JW repeating her questions all over again, again. I think she thinks she is going to hurt Juan's case by taking up all the time she can. Juan will get all of the people in that Juan will want to put in. I'm ready for it, as long as it's no longer this man. He rambles far too much.

Nurmi is also looking off to the side now. Juror?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela