State rests rebuttal case - thread #170

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While not questioning the ME's history, he contradicted his prior testimony and he made couple mishaps in his testimony today, jurors may have taken notice as well. I'm no ME but given his past testimony of the brain being liquified, etc I just dont see how one determines he would have died immediately, many people have lived thru such. Oh my one of Juan's witnesses admitted to a mistake, amazing.....

Had it been me, being cross examined by Martinez, I would have spilled the entire pitcher of water in my lap. NERVES!

after he said it was a typo, did he actually say 'I remember it was pierced'? or something along those lines? I was on azcentral and the feed was so badddd it was skipping. I keep checking HLN because I want to see his questioning again. of course they are so far behind!
Don't remember his exact wording now, I've gotten interrupted by family several times this evening- missed the very end of the live testimony- the word "pierced" is mine, but yes he did say that the bullet went through it.

Good night all and thank you for your input. This trial is hard and you've helped me get through it. Going to watch the rest on-line tomorrow HNL is ridiculous.

Wish I was here during the Casey Anthony trial. Weeks of depression. This will NOT happen again...GUILTY verdict for TA.

I'll trust the dude that held the skull, cut it open and actually looked inside and examined his brain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Certainly! And, considering the bullet is not paper thin, it's going to shear the front of the brain as it passes across and downward. This is a no brainer. JW gets on my nerves, she would flunk Nursing 101!

Well, hopefully that's not too much of a biggie. The bullet HAD to have hit the brain. It entered the skull cavity and exited the skull cavity. The skull cavity is filled with brain.

But man that typo hurts. I hope a defense leaning juror doesn't latch onto that. In the end it doesn't really matter what came first. Jodi premeditated the murder and Travis clearly suffered before he died. That is murder one regardless of the order.

There is a reason the defense wants the gunshot first. They want the jury to buy that he kept coming at Jodi, so she had to stab him 27 times and slit his throat. If I try to buy that scenario, I still can't see self defense. If he was shot in the face first, and we see all that spray on the sink, then I would believe that was her moment to get the hell out of the house.

While not questioning the ME's history, he contradicted his prior testimony and he made couple mishaps in his testimony today, jurors may have taken notice as well. I'm no ME but given his past testimony of the brain being liquified, etc I just dont see how one determines he would have died immediately, many people have lived thru such. Oh my one of Juan's witnesses admitted to a mistake, amazing.....
He didn't state that. He stated that someone would be incapacitated immediately by a GSW. Also he stated the brain was the consistency of pudding (which is a semi-solid), not completely liquified. That's how he was still able to cut up slices and pull them apart.

Even though THIS is done (which not really, 'cause this is gonna take a bit), and I will miss this actual group. But I think I will still be coming around. There are so many other victims out there that need the support, time and love we have given to this. I don't know how the media picks and choose, and how some everyone knows about one where others may fall to the side, without justice ever being serve. I am saddened that I see other victims from this site that I would have never known about that people are still actually looking for their killer!

I'll be sticking around for Hailey Dunn after this and maybe others until their murderers have been found. Hailey was from my state and a lot of questions are still left unanswered.

Great post! I will look for you on the Hailey Dunn threads. I'm further south but have followed her tragic case from the beginning and hope to see justice soon. And the same for so many other victims.

It is a good point.

But I also think Juan and the ME should clarify what they mean by immediately incapacitating. People have been shot in the head and lived to tell about it. Some have been shot in the head and have been able to get up and walk around. But they are also going to be disoriented, in severe pain, they are going to have blood gushing out of their nose and maybe their mouth like a geyser. Could Travis really have done all the things Jodi says he did after a bullet has pierced through his brain? Is he going to just keep coming and coming? Would Jodi really not be able to tell that Travis was shot since he would be bleeding everywhere? Maybe it WOULD impair his ability to defend himself against a knife attack...

I will say it gives me some hope that there are some people here, actually A LOT, who believe the gun shot did come first but still think Jodi premeditated the murder and would still give her murder one. So hopefully even if that or those jurors are skeptical, (I might be too, the ME sounds too sure of this and there is a small possibility he may be wrong) that in the end they come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter because Jodi planned the murder and Travis suffered.

:goodpost:

If I'm on that jury, I don't give a toss about the sequence of events. She cut his throat while he was still alive. That is NOT self defense. That is NOT manslaughter. It is murder.

Gun shot first, gun shot last...TA knew he was dying. He suffered severely as we've seen by the defensive wounds. Change of weapons after he's already shot (if we go gun first), tells us all we need to know.

There is no fog. There is no PTSD. There is no BWS. This was a premeditated assassination. Period.

Can you imagine what names that Dr. Horn was calling JW, in his head, as she snarkily questioned him, implying, basically, that he had no clue what he was doing?

Has there been any word on when the final jurors will be picked?

After closing arguments are finished and before they are handed the case.
:moo:

It is a good point.

But I also think Juan and the ME should clarify what they mean by immediately incapacitating. People have been shot in the head and lived to tell about it. Some have been shot in the head and have been able to get up and walk around. But they are also going to be disoriented, in severe pain, they are going to have blood gushing out of their nose and maybe their mouth like a geyser. Could Travis really have done all the things Jodi says he did after a bullet has pierced through his brain? Is he going to just keep coming and coming? Would Jodi really not be able to tell that Travis was shot since he would be bleeding everywhere? Maybe it WOULD impair his ability to defend himself against a knife attack...

I will say it gives me some hope that there are some people here, actually A LOT, who believe the gun shot did come first but still think Jodi premeditated the murder and would still give her murder one. So hopefully even if that or those jurors are skeptical, (I might be too, the ME sounds too sure of this and there is a small possibility he may be wrong) that in the end they come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter because Jodi planned the murder and Travis suffered.
Even those GSW patients who have been able to get up and walk around are still immediately incapacitated within seconds. That's the point. They don't immediately get up and attack their attacker.

Goodnight folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would Dr. Horn do research if 100% of his patients are not alive.

That is how I took the jurors question ..

He didn't state that. He stated that someone would be incapacitated immediately by a GSW. Also he stated the brain was the consistency of pudding (which is a semi-solid), not completely liquified.

I recall pretty clearly when he first testified (in the beginning) he did in fact say that. And sorry not digging through the pages to find.

I'm not sure how the bullet could have changed trajectory without hitting the other side of the skull, and I'm not sure how it could have hit the other side of the skull without piercing the membrane and going through the brain.

It was a typo.

Even those GSW patients who have been able to get up and walk around are still immediately incapacitated within seconds. That's the point. They don't immediately get up and attack their attacker.

Exactly my point. They may be able to walk and talk a little even, but they are incapacitated. It's not like Travis stubbed his toe. He was shot in the head.

I recall pretty clearly when he first testified (in the beginning) he did in fact say that. And sorry not digging through the pages to find.

Some may consider pudding a liquid. Horn may have just said it was liquified to make it easier for people to understand. JW is just mincing words. The brain was not solid anymore is the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member