State rests rebuttal case - thread #170

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a good point.

But I also think Juan and the ME should clarify what they mean by immediately incapacitating. People have been shot in the head and lived to tell about it. Some have been shot in the head and have been able to get up and walk around. But they are also going to be disoriented, in severe pain, they are going to have blood gushing out of their nose and maybe their mouth like a geyser. Could Travis really have done all the things Jodi says he did after a bullet has pierced through his brain? Is he going to just keep coming and coming? Would Jodi really not be able to tell that Travis was shot since he would be bleeding everywhere? Maybe it WOULD impair his ability to defend himself against a knife attack...

I will say it gives me some hope that there are some people here, actually A LOT, who believe the gun shot did come first but still think Jodi premeditated the murder and would still give her murder one. So hopefully even if that or those jurors are skeptical, (I might be too, the ME sounds too sure of this and there is a small possibility he may be wrong) that in the end they come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter because Jodi planned the murder and Travis suffered.

Exactly. It really doesnt matter which came first. I really wish the ME had not ever tried to claim the shot came last. It would have been better just to state the facts of the autopsy and not even try to give an opinion.

I find it quite amazing that the brain was turning into a pudding consistency in such a short time. I had always thought the brain would stay like it is for many weeks after death, but it sounds like it begins to turn to a pudding like substance very quickly after death. Unless the autopsy happened much much later maybe. I would have thought the autopsy happened pretty quick after the 6 days of him being found.

Gun shot first, gun shot last...TA knew he was dying. He suffered severely as we've seen by the defensive wounds. Change of weapons after he's already shot (if we go gun first), tells us all we need to know.

Wouldn't it have been great if the prosecution argued its case that way?

Can you imagine what names that Dr. Horn was calling JW, in his head, as she snarkily questioned him, implying, basically, that he had no clue what he was doing?

This was his third go-around with her. She pretends to know the facts of medical science--or, after several attempts at sentence structure, she asks about these. It seems to amuse him every time because he knows what she's trying to do.

I'll trust the dude that held the skull, cut it open and actually looked inside and examined his brain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whether both the dura mater and falx cerebri would be intact given the trajectory of bullet would be, in Dr. Horn's own words I believe, a question of geometry and not a question of trust. jmo

I don't think it's awfully dangerous. If you know more than the average person about some mental condition but you could be a bit one sided? Common sense will either be plentiful or lacking in the final decision. Somehow, I don't see it happening. The explanations were very broad and informational to a point.

My first instance with any kind of odd behaviour/outburst was alarming. Over the years, you read & you put it together or you experience similar to compare it to. To understand the level presented (except Dr. D's she understands) you could be arguing for another 100 years without helping those inflicted with their 35 year old theories. Out with the old and in with the new. You keep on top of it, with the jurors they can take what they might have experienced and help that to make their guilty vote. jmo

The guilty vote would be the right vote in my opinion, but they can also take all of this to vote not guilty. One of the questions, possibly the one I responded to, sounded sympathetic to Jodi and that's alarming to me at this point. Phrases like "publicly accused" and having her privacy "invaded" being used when coming to their own diagnosis sounds dangerous for a guilty verdict.

Boy JW was downright rude and not professional when questioning Dr. Horn. JW needs to learn anatomy it is the dura mater, not hte dura meter.

Makes no difference to me what took place first, I just have my own opinion based on the pic's, etc. JM should probably "get" a bit concerned with the jury's questions and that's jmo.

Boy JW was downright rude and not professional when questioning Dr. Horn. JW needs to learn anatomy it is the dura mater, not hte dura meter.

She sure seemed to have disdain for both Dr. Horn and Dr. DeMarte, didn't she?!?

Are you serious? Have you listened to JUAN?

The jury question is up on HLN right now!!

I am watching as I missed because of work so am excited to see the grand finale witness that I hear is so Juanderful!

What am I gonna do when this is over? !?! Lol

Wouldn't it have been great if the prosecution argued its case that way?

I don't think so. The medical science supports her shooting him when he was essentially dead.

The defense would like to focus on the shooting only, because it disregards a woman going crazy with a knife and stabbing a guy to death before slitting his throat.

I'm watching Dr. Horn now... JW is questioning him like he's a gunshot expert.

Come on really? The bullet went through his skull, therefore through his brain.

IMO, most of her questions were just totally off the wall. It was like she had no direction on what she was even trying to prove.

I have to give her credit for one thing only. But it was a juror that helped her out. The juror asked about the dura mater and she followed up about that and asked the ME about the report having the error. That did show a mistake in a critical report. But have to credit the jury member for finding that and the only thing she did was make it more of a point.

Some may consider pudding a liquid. Horn may have just said it was liquified to make it easier for people to understand. JW is just mincing words. The brain was not solid anymore is the point.
Technically, at least in my field, pudding is considered a semi-solid- not complete liquid and not complete solid. I've seen some frozen desserts that when they thaw become pudding.

Aww, she was displaced from her job at LSU school of medicine due to Hurricane Katrina. So many bad changes since then for the city of New Orleans.

Good grief. Sorry I'm so far behind the crowd.

The defense would have you believe that the bullet sort of grazed Travis' forehead, and he was totally unaffected by it. An INTRACRANIAL GUNSHOT WOUND. Good grief. I am simply stunned at all this. The man was shot IN THE HEAD. The bullet did not graze his scalp. It was an INTRACRANIAL GSW, above the right eye. This is NOT hard to explain to lay people!

I absolutely cannot believe what I'm hearing in a court of law. The defense wants us to believe TA was just tapped a little on the forehead. Omg.

And I know this was discussed before, but the word is "Dura Mater" (rhymes with potter!) Good grief!! Nearly 30 years in health care (in many states, and countries with the military), and I have NEVER heard " dura mater" pronounced that way! Holy cow.

Jmo-- but it sounds uneducated/ academically ignorant to me. I have to wonder about the lack of health care and anatomy experience of someone who pronounces "dura mater" that way.

Wait till you see her w dr Hayes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member