Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the content of that 7/12 email?

I am starting to wonder if he really is this GOOD at covering up a murder.

He tells the cops they are reconciling. He does computer searches like he's trying to "help" her, heck knowing that she wasn't all that happy here, maybe he says they discussed moving back to Canada (since Cisco is a much larger company than when he joined in 2001 - it would likely be possible) And - google things to do with the kids to be Superdad since it was his "weekend" saying he figured she'd be back before dark and they'd talk it all out and the next day go to Exploris or something?

Was the email to say "I love you and want to make this work"? And the searches all point to a husband trying to make things up to her? Looking for jobs online to move back?

Or - how about this - they ALL move back to Canada so that she can WORK and he would not have to pay alimony, only child support?

Play it cool like she's just "missing" and go about your business of reconciliation. If he'd been checking out Cisco jobs in France, that would be a different story.

I fully think that he did it - but I am pretty amazed that he seems to have covered his tracks so well. Even the statement about the job bra that we've all focused on didn't seem to get the raised eyebrow of the prosecution to drive the point home.

I hope we're building to a crescendo, but each time I get my hopes up - it's like Charlie Brown and the football. (FYI - Kurtz is Lucy)

Although if I was a cynic, I'd point to the 2/8 searches on suicide to continue my catathymic crisis theory - that he had determined that it was either Nancy or he that had to die and he became obsessed with it....

Kinda like that for sure :D Also kinda like Brad saying he needed the kids for a diversion, guess that big ole tv parked infront of their door worked really well as a diversion for the kids. I keep seeing that picture and thinking, he kept his kids just like he kept Nancy - trapped.

Trapped? She was out drinking every night. Her own lawyer told her to cut down on the drinking and socializing.

It is so odd to me that everyone is pointing fingers at the guy because he was online and because his TV was on? Really?

He kept his kids trapped because his wife was missing and he wanted to hold them close? What is wrong with that. If he had turned them over to KL, everyone would be saying "see, he didn't even want his kids around. Couldn't wait to be alone".

I agree with you one hundred percent!!! I think it is disgusting and vile that he was spying on her, particularly because he was the one who spent so much time trying to convince her she was crazy and vindictive for believing HM. I was in an abusive marriage, and yes he was violent, and was eventually arrested for strangulation charges. Like Brad, he was a serial cheater and tried to convince me I was crazy. And at the same time, he had spyware on me for the computer, spyware on my cell phone, and basically knew everything I said or did. And he would let me know in subtle ways.
For example, coming home from work and saying, have you heard from so and so lately, the exact day I had talked to them, and then smile smugly.
It is the worst feeling in the world.

I believe whole-heartedly that he was most-likely dropping hints to Nancy that he knew things he shouldn't know, hence her suspicions and fears. Despite what many people may believe, BC]was abusive to NC IMO. I wish more people really knew what these kinds of relationship looked like from the inside, not the outside. And when you are in this kind of controlling environment, it impacts your own behavior, thus, why Nancy probably has been criticized for her own behavior late in the marriage.

She had every right to be angry as she was, because he had tried to make her think she was crazy for HM. For over one year!! Didn't we hear yesterday he even went as far to suggest he would file a defamation lawsuit against HM? (Hope I am right on that.) Unless someone has an intimate knowledge of what it feels like to be worn down like this, they should refrain from any judgements on her half of a bad marriage.

It was a known fact he had a history of bad and emotionally abusive relationships. In fact, I think according to her affadavit, can't remember her name, he "stalked" his last girlfriend prior to NC, and scared her so badly she moved.

BC didn't do these things because of a bad divorce, he did them because he is a scary control freak. IMO

I strongly disagree. There is nothing that indicates abuse. It's time to stop blowing things out of proportion. Much has come out in this trial now and none of the abuse allegations have been even remotely shown to be true.

Trapped? She was out drinking every night. Her own lawyer told her to cut down on the drinking and socializing.

It is so odd to me that everyone is pointing fingers at the guy because he was online and because his TV was on? Really?

He kept his kids trapped because his wife was missing and he wanted to hold them close? What is wrong with that. If he had turned them over to KL, everyone would be saying "see, he didn't even want his kids around. Couldn't wait to be alone".

where did you get the information she was out drinking every night?

I strongly disagree. There is nothing that indicates abuse. It's time to stop blowing things out of proportion. Much has come out in this trial now and none of the abuse allegations have been even remotely shown to be true.

not even his fiancée statement

I don't believe he was doing it to make it look like her. Think about it....he controlled the money. If anyone was going to book a hotel in Virginia Beach, it would have been him. How would she have paid for it? She didn't have credit/debit. So the search was from him. It was a shared computer and she probably didn't logout of her account from the last time she used it.

There were 3 gals going. They probably planned to share one room. I would not assume that Brad was going to be paying for that room. Further, the VA Beach marathon is a very popular and crowded race. Room reservations might be hard to come by 4 weeks out from the race. I know people who sign up for that race 4 to 6 months in advance and book a hotel room immediately because the closer to the race it gets, the more difficult it is to find a room. I do not buy that Brad was looking to find a room for his wife on July 12th for a race she was running in Aug.

Do you believe that the only abuse is physical abuse?

Abuse is not just physical. Abuse can be emotional, mental cruelty, controlling behaviors, etc. Domestic Violence organizations have a lot of information for women who may be in these kinds of situations. Unfortunately a lot of people think that unless a person is being hit or punched or slapped or somehow physically hurt, there is no abuse in the relationship. Interact of Wake County has a website for those who are confused as to what constitutes an abusive relationship.

And though murder is wrong, it does happen.

I think what people are rallying against is that stating something is commonplace is often a seguay into rationalizing it. It makes us feel better when we do something wrong when we know lots of other people do it. We know it's still wrong, and we can defend ourselves by continuing to say we never said it was the right thing to do, but spreading the blame diffuses the attention that might otherwise be pointed directly at us.
I don't think that people are trying to say it's ok or justify bad behavior by pointing to other bad behavior, but I think what they are reacting to is some here give the impression that they are stunned, shocked, mortified, disgusted to learn that a spouse involved in a divorce would snoop the other spouse's e-mail. As I posted last night, most experienced divorce lawyers tell their clients that are starting down the path through a contentious divorce to assume that their spouse is reading their e-mail and snooping through their legal papers, etc.

I will repost the link to the article from last night as I think it's educational.

but his number would have been on his phone they just spoke the night before

Actually he and Mike spoke in person. He spoke to Brad on Nancy's phone so he wouldn't have had his number in his phone. I was surprised too that he had to look up his number in the white pages. I would have thought he would have had it in his contacts.

I don't think that people are trying to say it's ok or justify bad behavior by pointing to other bad behavior, but I think what they are reacting to is some here give the impression that they are stunned, shocked, mortified, disgusted to learn that a spouse involved in a divorce would snoop the other spouse's e-mail. As I posted last night, most experienced divorce lawyers tell their clients that are starting down the path through a contentious divorce to assume that their spouse is reading their e-mail and snooping through their legal papers, etc.

I will repost the link to the article from last night as I think it's educational.

Your take on it is better than mine.

I haven't seen one sign of ANY abuse. If the cash flow had still been turned on, she would not have been trashing him. IMO

Do you believe there are other kinds of abuse besides physical? Like the kind his ex-girlfriend posted about on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member